PDA

View Full Version : Beaton

Pages : [1] 2

pedroorange1875
16-03-2018, 08:48 PM
I wonder what our stats are with him in charge

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-03-2018, 08:50 PM
He was absolutely disgraceful tonight IMO, think they all have it in for us now, who's the next clown up?

hfc rd
16-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Abysmal tonight! That linesman on the other side of the pitch opposite the dug out was brutal as well

Dunbar Hibee
16-03-2018, 08:52 PM
The guy is a cheating *******. Simple as that for me.

kaimendhibs
16-03-2018, 08:52 PM
Utter disgrace. How Alston was not sent off is beyond me.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

PaulC
16-03-2018, 08:53 PM
A cheat

hibee_girl
16-03-2018, 08:54 PM

:agree:

The ref couldn't have been closer to the incident and still didn't deem it worth a red card

Agnes Gordon
16-03-2018, 08:57 PM

The ref couldn't have been closer to the incident and still didn't deem it worth a red card

Such an easy decision too definite red

Bob1875
16-03-2018, 08:57 PM
So Mcginn should have been sent off aswell for his professional foul? It’s a mans game.

DavidDavidGray
16-03-2018, 08:58 PM
At best, an incompetent bottle job. At worst, a corrupt cheat.

matty_f
16-03-2018, 08:59 PM
I have a general downer on refs anyway, but it's getting beyond a joke with these clowns now.

When can you call it out as cheating without being called paranoid? How many times do refs have to shaft is before people start looking seriously at how we're treated?

pedroorange1875
16-03-2018, 09:00 PM
i would be genuinely interested in his record with us. I dont really remember many wins just red cards at various places that are dodgy, Mcginn not getting stonewaller, getting in the way many times during attacks, various shocking non red card decisions, subtly affecting the game ala Thomson, not so subtly effecting the game. I personally think it goes beyond incompetence but im not losing my mind over it. Its just very interesting

Jones28
16-03-2018, 09:01 PM
Stinking decision not to send off Alston, also would like to see Dazs disallowed goal again.

green day
16-03-2018, 09:02 PM
So Mcginn should have been sent off aswell for his professional foul? It’s a mans game.

Dinnae be daft man.

If Alston had been red carded, do you rhink the mcginn foul would have happened?

One Day Soon
16-03-2018, 09:02 PM

Yes, but not a thug's game. Or a cheating primadonna in black's game.

BegbieHSC
16-03-2018, 09:03 PM
utter **** of a man!!

hulk
16-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Similar but Hibs were breaking away and Alston hacked him down with no other cover around. McGinnis was a definite yellow but never a red. The tackle on McGinn later wAs also bad - feet off ground and could have also been a red - but no booking given 🤔

scotia44
16-03-2018, 09:04 PM

Mcginn would probably not feel the need or the requirement to make such a challenge as it would have been a different game and also the guy mcginn done came on for Alston

bingo70
16-03-2018, 09:05 PM
I have a general downer on refs anyway, but it's getting beyond a joke with these clowns now.

When can you call it out as cheating without being called paranoid? How many times do refs have to shaft is before people start looking seriously at how we're treated?

I’m the same.

I’m really not one for conspiracy theories but the amount of decisions going against us (I hate even saying that as it sounds nonsense) just isn’t right.

The fact he never got a red was a shocker, the fact he then committed another foul after that but never got a second yellow is beyond belief.

I also think there was nothing wrong with Mcgregor’s goal.

I generally don’t think refs have a beef against hibs, I think they’re keen to prove a point to Neil Lennon though.

Mikey09
16-03-2018, 09:06 PM

McGinns was through total frustration at being booted up and down the place every time he broke forward. It also wasn't knee high like Alstons.

Bostonhibby
You know there's something suspect about Beaton when Steven creigan says it was a red and Alston should have gone

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
Stinking decision not to send off Alston, also would like to see Dazs disallowed goal again.

As I said on the match thread, Kamberi fouled the Saints player. Correct decision.

ACLeith
16-03-2018, 09:07 PM
When was the last game changing decision that went in our favour? (Genuine question)

One Day Soon
16-03-2018, 09:08 PM
You know there's something suspect about Beaton when Steven creigan says it was a red and Alston should have gone

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

:agree: If Craigan is saying it then it's an absolute certainty it should have been red. He gives us nothing.

Joe6-2
16-03-2018, 09:09 PM

This!!!

madhatter
16-03-2018, 09:10 PM
As I said on the match thread, Kamberi fouled the Saints player. Correct decision.

Very soft foul (not a foul in my eyes) and pretty sure it was Hanlon.

bingo70

Kamberi wasn’t involved?

Hanlon knocked it down to him and was never a foul imo.

SquashedFrogg

Nice comment. Well done.

Unseen work
16-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Must just be me but I wouldn’t have gave a red for that either.

He’s slide tackled him when he’s been on the break and brought him down, of course it looks worse slowed down and you see the point of contact etc.

It was a good foul from St Johnstone’s point of view and one I would have expect a Hibs player to make if it was roles reversed.

SquashedFrogg
16-03-2018, 09:12 PM

If that's a foul then most games end 0-0

Jones28
16-03-2018, 09:12 PM

It was Hanlon? Nah I disagree, went down like a sack of proverbial

One Day Soon
16-03-2018, 09:13 PM

He’s slide tackled him when he’s been on the break and brought him down, of course it looks worse slowed down and you see the point of contact etc.

It was a good foul from St Johnstone’s point of view and one I would have expect a Hibs player to make if it was roles reversed.

I think you're right, it's just you.

jodjam
16-03-2018, 09:13 PM
When was the last game changing decision that went in our favour? (Genuine question)

Darren Jackson was fouled outside box at Ibrox. Penalty given and we won 1-0. We are still paying for that decision :wink:

SquashedFrogg
16-03-2018, 09:14 PM

He booted him 2 yards away from the ball?

Ball = 2 yards away

How can that not be classed as reckless and dangerous?

green day
16-03-2018, 09:15 PM
It was Hanlon? Nah I disagree, went down like a sack of proverbial

If our defender was manhandled like that we would want a foul.

Let's not get hung up on that decision, FFS the reason we ended up with one point is effing rocky!

maturehibby
16-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Hanson did put a hand in his back and did slightly push him
If it had been a Grrs player it would not have been a foul

gaz1875
16-03-2018, 09:17 PM

Let's not get hung up on that decision, FFS the reason we ended up with one point is effing rocky!

Bob1875
16-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Yes, but not a thug's game. Or a cheating primadonna in black's game.

Granted, Saints were dirty tonight. But if we start sending players off for professional fouls, we’ll be struggling. As for the guy saying, the one on Mcginn was knee high, watch it again! He basically boots his ankles.

ACLeith
16-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Darren Jackson was fouled outside box at Ibrox. Penalty given and we won 1-0. We are still paying for that decision :wink:
Not sure about the smiley Paul. Think you may be right

bingo70
16-03-2018, 09:20 PM

Rocky has also won us numerous points this season so although he made a bad mistake tonight let’s not be too quick to hang him out to dry.

Jones28
16-03-2018, 09:20 PM

Agree with your last point, so daft.

we are hibs
16-03-2018, 09:21 PM
it was similar to the tackle that rat paterson had on malonga at easter road a few years back, nowhere near the ball and no intention on playing the ball

SmashinGlass
16-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Granted, Saints were dirty tonight. But if we start sending players off for professional fouls, we’ll be struggling. As for the guy saying, the one on Mcginn was knee high, watch it again! He basically boots his ankles.

I disagree, if we started sending players off for 'professional' fouls, it would mean there would be far less, as it would be a much more thought provoking decision to make. As things stand, it's easy to take one for the team and stop play. If it's a red, then we make the player consider the repercussions of the incident and the aftermath, not just the yellow card.

The_Horde
16-03-2018, 09:24 PM

One was high and dangerous. The other wasn't.

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2018, 09:25 PM
Beaton was correct to send off Rocky. It was a simple error of judgement on our keepers part. Very rare, so let’s accept it and move on. He subsequently crapped out doing anything that would reduce a liberty taking St Johnstone to ten men though. He was a total hun fanny.

Monts
16-03-2018, 09:27 PM
I don't think it was a red. It was a deliberate foul, but not preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity. And I don't think there was any danger mcginn could've broken his leg, as Gary Parker suggested.

overdrive
16-03-2018, 09:27 PM
I used to think when he first broke through as a top flight ref that he was one of the better ones. That was until Stubbs’ first game in charge and the Handling sending off.

He’s a disgraceful corrupt cheat. How that wasn’t a sending off tonight, I don’t know.

California-Hibs
16-03-2018, 09:28 PM
Alston was a red, no shadow of a doubt, absolutely disgraceful! The ‘foul’ by Hanlon before McGregors goal is soft. Saints got off the hook because as close as were to winning with 10, I’m convinced if we kept 11 on the park we’d of strolled it

B.H.F.C

Ankles or knees, the point is he deliberately booted McGinn with no intention of going for the ball. At the pace he went in he could easily have injured him. That’s not just a cynical foul.

matty_f

If it had been the defender doing that to Hanlon there is no danger we're getting a penalty for it.

overdrive
16-03-2018, 09:29 PM
I don't think it was a red. It was a deliberate foul, but not preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Eh? So a sending off can only be if it is a goal scoring opportunity? In that case, you’d never see a sending off anywhere but in the vicinity of the two boxes.

kaimendhibs
16-03-2018, 09:29 PM
So Mcginn should have been sent off aswell for his professional foul? It’s a mans game.Aye. Very good.

kaimendhibs
16-03-2018, 09:30 PM
As I said on the match thread, Kamberi fouled the Saints player. Correct decision.Really. It was Hanlon who was involved

kaimendhibs
16-03-2018, 09:31 PM
As I said on the match thread, Kamberi fouled the Saints player. Correct decision.Good job you aren't a ref. Kamberi was nowhere near it

SRHibs
16-03-2018, 09:32 PM
Eh? So a sending off can only be if it is a goal scoring opportunity? In that case, you’d never see a sending off anywhere but in the vicinity of the two boxes.

Professional foul is a yellow is it not? It was a bit of a cynical challenge but I do t think it was a red. Marciano decision was correct too IMO.

There seems to be a thread about the ref every time we don’t win.

Monts

It wasn't a dangerous challenge. It was a challenge designed to stop mcginn. People have said he should've got red because he didn't try to play the ball. That only matters for goal scoring opportunities.

green day
Rocky has also won us numerous points this season so although he made a bad mistake tonight let’s not be too quick to hang him out to dry.

I'm not - I think he's been great, but that was bonkers from him!

I'm just making the point t that it wasn't the "disallowed daz goal" that was the issue tonight.

hibbysam
16-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Ankles or knees, the point is he deliberately booted McGinn with no intention of going for the ball. At the pace he went in he could easily have injured him. That’s not just a cynical foul.

Agreed.

It’s violent conduct not professional fouls. Trips and pulls are professional fouls, lashing out with your feet in a kicking motion with the ball well away is violent conduct.

kaimendhibs
16-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Professional foul is a yellow is it not? It was a bit of a cynical challenge but I do t think it was a red. Marciano decision was correct too IMO.

There seems to be a thread about the ref every time we don’t win.A professional foul is a tug or a trip. Not a blatant boot in the knee

green day
16-03-2018, 09:34 PM
If it had been the defender doing that to Hanlon there is no danger we're getting a penalty for it.

Agreed. But my point was, same thing other end, we would want - and probably get - a free kick. In the same vein as keepers get too much protection.

Mr Grieves
16-03-2018, 09:35 PM

The only person to make a comparison between the challenges was Craigan, no need to say anymore.

Ardenttwo
16-03-2018, 09:35 PM

A straight RED when McGinn was brought down from the back when clean through. Ref struggled to give a bloody yellow.

SquashedFrogg
16-03-2018, 09:36 PM

Manhandled? Funniest post ever.

highland hibbee
16-03-2018, 09:37 PM

Watch it again, see if you think you’re right...............

green day
16-03-2018, 09:38 PM
Manhandled? Funniest post ever.

I thought your - now deleted - thread about the place being awash with jambos was funnier, to be honest 😄😄

McBHibee
16-03-2018, 09:40 PM
I'm losing count of the number of "taking one for the team" situations that have gone against us this season. Teams just take the foul/booking because they know cynical fouls don't get the punishment they deserve. Beaton never looked like evening it up.

Wee Effen Bee
16-03-2018, 09:47 PM

Biloxi. What a complete nonsense phrase. How many women play the game? A blooter from behind - not just a clip of the heels - when the ball was away! Nothing to do with being a man’s game at all! It was like Cochrane’s at ER, should have been red cards.

Paisley Hibby
16-03-2018, 09:48 PM

Tommy Wright obviously agreed - he substituted him shortly afterwards and then, during his interview on Radio Scotland, acknowledged the Alston tackle for what it was.

Having said that, there's a desperate ugliness about St Johnstone these days which is a shame because they used to be a great wee club.

As for Beaton - so many decisions wrong tonight.

Thecat23
16-03-2018, 09:50 PM
When Lennon had his outburst we had many on here saying about time as it will make refs think twice. Sorry that’s *****, whether he shouts has a private word behind closed doors nothing changes folk need to see this.

We will always be cheated yes cheated! Nothing will change whole game is corrupt from the very top.

EskbankHibby
16-03-2018, 09:51 PM

Agreed

SouthMoroccoStu
16-03-2018, 09:57 PM
So (apologies without reading the full thread) why wa The goal disallowed!!?!!

Slim Shady
16-03-2018, 10:03 PM
He booted him 2 yards away from the ball?

Ball = 2 yards away

How can that not be classed as reckless and dangerous?

Reckless is a yellow card tho?

hibbysam
16-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Reckless is a yellow card tho?

It wasn’t a tackle so irrelevant, it was a full on boot to an opponent so violent conduct.

Deansy
16-03-2018, 10:17 PM
When Lennon had his outburst we had many on here saying about time as it will make refs think twice. Sorry that’s *****, whether he shouts has a private word behind closed doors nothing changes folk need to see this.

We will always be cheated yes cheated! Nothing will change whole game is corrupt from the very top.

I'm in complete agreement with all of your post !. I said 5-6 games ago that as the Hun must get Euro-football, ourselves and Aberdeen would be on the wrong-end of many decisions from then until either the end of the season or once it's confirmed mathematically that the Huns have qualified - I'm fuming tonight but not surprised !

snooky
16-03-2018, 10:18 PM
I thought Saints played like Hearts tonight - sorry to say that Tommy.
Beaton got the Alston foul unbelievably wrong.
Has anybody mentioned the foul on Squirrel on the touchline?

green day
16-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Much as I think Beaton is a pish ref, I don't think we can really ignore Rocky's red card and what it did to change the match.

Some of the posts on here are verging on the ridiculous paranoid crap that Celtic fans spout.

hibbysam
16-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Much as I think Beaton is a pish ref, I don't think we can really ignore Rocky's red card and what it did to change the match.

Some of the posts on here are verging on the ridiculous paranoid crap that Celtic fans spout.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I’m sure we were still 1 up when Alston should’ve walked. We tired late on, but that wouldn’t have happened had they been down to 10 as well.

kaimendhibs
16-03-2018, 10:33 PM

Some of the posts on here are verging on the ridiculous paranoid crap that Celtic fans spout.Utter baws. Rocky deserved to go but Alston was a red, got away with it, then fouled mcGinn again, got away with it and the tackle on Boyle was a shocker.

Sir David Gray
16-03-2018, 10:36 PM
Up there as one of the most inept, incompetent displays that I've seen for a while and that's saying something.

Some of the tackles they were putting in during the second half in particular were nothing short of a disgrace and Beaton's failure to deal with it appropriately was pathetic.

They made no attempt to play the ball when they put in those challenges and just clattered our player. The one on McGinn was bordering on being an assault.

Disgraceful refereeing.

1875godsgift
16-03-2018, 10:36 PM
It wasn’t a tackle so irrelevant, it was a full on boot to an opponent so violent conduct.

Neil Lennon agrees :agree:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43438474

snooky
16-03-2018, 10:37 PM
I'm in complete agreement with all of your post !. I said 5-6 games ago that as the Hun must get Euro-football, ourselves and Aberdeen would be on the wrong-end of many decisions from then until either the end of the season or once it's confirmed mathematically that the Huns have qualified - I'm fuming tonight but not surprised !

This has been the agenda from the offset. It's so easy. Not only do you help them win, in games they are not involved in, you make sure their rivals lose.
I've seen it so many times over the years. As soon as any team looks like challenging the OF dominance, they suddenly get lots of red & yellow cards & bad decisions against them.
It's a worn out record I know, but our game is truly rotten to the core.

green day
16-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Utter baws. Rocky deserved to go but Alston was a red, got away with it, then fouled mcGinn again, got away with it and the tackle on Boyle was a shocker.

Which part is utter baws?

That Rocky's red changed the match?

Or that some on here are paranoid?

Know what? Beaton was crap tonight, but if we had 11 men on the park we probably win that match. Wake up, FFS

kaimendhibs
16-03-2018, 10:52 PM

Know what? Beaton was crap tonight, but if we had 11 men on the park we probably win that match. Wake up, FFSThe Celtic paranoia part. We were cheated. No paranoia, just fact

Deejk107
16-03-2018, 10:54 PM

Know what? Beaton was crap tonight, but if we had 11 men on the park we probably win that match. Wake up, FFS

I don't think anyone can doubt that we'd have comfortably won that game without Rocky's mistake but at the same time you shouldn't be getting so raging at your fellow Hibs fans for being angry, I am not one for referee conspiracies but I do believe that they're trying to teach Lennon a lesson here, you can't blame people for thinking we're being targeted by the ref's. We've at least lost out on 10 points this season down to refereeing errors. Look at the table, we'd be 2nd, 5 points behind top if not for those refereeing errors. I don't think its fair to be going around calling people paranoid for being angry about that.

Radium
16-03-2018, 10:56 PM
We keep concentrating on individual referees but they are clearly referring the games how the league wants. Their reluctance to issue yellow cards is the main issue, particularly for cynical (one for the team) challenges. We then wonder why teams struggle in Europe where the kick them in the air tactics are punished.

As an aside, on the way back we were discussing how many referees are doing it as an aside to an already well paid career out with football. Maybe we need to look at making it a career choice for youngsters leaving the game and pay people to be full time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superfurry72
16-03-2018, 10:58 PM

Wasn’t Jackson who was fouled at Ibrox, it was Kevin Harper (Jackson scored the pen and we won 1-0). However a year later Jackson took a dive, starting outside the box, and got a pen against them at Easter Road, which he also scored. In that same game Leighton went on to save two pens from Laudrup and we won 2-1.

Hermit Crab
16-03-2018, 10:58 PM

Clear foul by Kamberi at the back post. Not even soft, stonewall free kick

green day
16-03-2018, 11:04 PM
I don't think anyone can doubt that we'd have comfortably won that game without Rocky's mistake but at the same time you shouldn't be getting so raging at your fellow Hibs fans for being angry, I am not one for referee conspiracies but I do believe that they're trying to teach Lennon a lesson here, you can't blame people for thinking we're being targeted by the ref's. We've at least lost out on 10 points this season down to refereeing errors. Look at the table, we'd be 2nd, 5 points behind top if not for those refereeing errors. I don't think its fair to be going around calling people paranoid for being angry about that.

So what is it?

You are not one for ref conspiracies, but you believe they are trying to teach Lennon a lesson? Isn't that a conspiracy?

If you can't make up your own mind you wont mind me saying that's a load of tosh.

And, for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not raging at anyone, and I think beating should have given Alston a red. But suggestions of a conspiracy are ludicrous.

I think it was a good point given we played 75 minutes with ten men.

davhibby
16-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Don't think it's any sort of conspiracy but we just seem to end up on the wrong end of the majority of poor decisions that take place in our games. Going back to the Fenlon era(at least) I can think of lots of big game changing decisions that have gone against us and very few that we've got. All the talk about whether Alston should have got a red doesn't matter cause he definitely should have been given a second yellow when he stopped us on the break 5 minutes later. A total joke how McGinn gets constantly fouled every game without any punishment then seems to get booked for his 1st/2nd foul every game

Deejk107
16-03-2018, 11:08 PM
So what is it?

You are not one for ref conspiracies, but you believe they are trying to teach Lennon a lesson? Isn't that a conspiracy?

If you can't make up your own mind you wont mind me saying that's a load of tosh.

And, for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not raging at anyone.

I think it was a good point given we played 75 minutes with ten men.

As I said previously, you shouldn't be looking to argue with your fellow Hibs fans, When I said I wasn't one for ref conspiracies I meant that before this season's shambolic display I would say they're as bad with everyone but this season has proved that they have something against us. I don't think it's us as a club, it's our manager as he's the only person involved in Scottish football who regularly calls them out. It's a bit petty to say "if you can't make up your own mind" when it's clear what my opinion on it is. Just being pedantic and argumentative for no reason.

As for it being a good point, I agree that we did well to get a point but we were robbed of two more by awful refereeing, did you watch the game? We were the better team with 10 men for pretty much 70 minutes. We would have won that game if Alston got sent off which he should have. Rocky's mistake is irrelevant to that.

BoomtownHibees
16-03-2018, 11:11 PM

No it wasn’t

Lancs Harp
16-03-2018, 11:11 PM
As I said previously, you shouldn't be looking to argue with your fellow Hibs fans, When I said I wasn't one for ref conspiracies I meant that before this season's shambolic display I would say they're as bad with everyone but this season has proved that they have something against us. I don't think it's us as a club, it's our manager as he's the only person involved in Scottish football who regularly calls them out. It's a bit petty to say "if you can't make up your own mind" when it's clear what my opinion on it is. Just being pedantic and argumentative for no reason.

As for it being a good point, I agree that we did well to get a point but we were robbed of two more by awful refereeing, did you watch the game? We were the better team with 10 men for pretty much 70 minutes. We would have won that game if Alston got sent off which he should have. Rocky's mistake is irrelevant to that.

To be fair thats just subjective, we'll never actually know what might have happened.

green day
16-03-2018, 11:12 PM

It's difficult to debate against such logic.

So I will just bow out. 👍

Carheenlea
16-03-2018, 11:21 PM
I’ve not seen any TV footage of the assault on McGinn, but for me it was similar to the one that Lafferty was red carded for, and unsuccessfully appealed - not a tackle, no attempt to get ball, just a reckless kicking down of a player that is the easiest red card a referee could give.

Pete70
16-03-2018, 11:22 PM

Nope, it was never a foul against Kamberi.

Deejk107
16-03-2018, 11:39 PM
It's difficult to debate against such logic.

So I will just bow out. 👍

I feel you are probably being sarcastic which is fine, but I can't think of any other reason why we're the most fouled team in the league yet are regularly on the receiving end of awful decisions by referees. I don't think its any old firm bias or anything like that, I just think they dislike Lennon regularly speaking out against them when he's literally been in the right every single time he has. I just find it sad that we've been literally robbed of so many points this season.

hibeerealist
16-03-2018, 11:40 PM
No, he is only doing his job that he is well paid to do.

Rocky can be a bombscare as has been witnessed a few times. Tonight he cost us badly and there was no need for him to be 30 yards off his line!

Bell looks a far better keeper and I have no problem if he stays in the No 1 position until end of the season.

BigT-Hibeez
16-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Disgrace!! He was so smug sending off Rocky, acting like a big Ref in a big game, then lost the plot.. Total disgrace..

I'm sure all teams have their 'bad ref' moments, but it's a joke the points we have dropped this season due to poor decisions!!

Answers on a postcard please!!!

Mr Grieves
16-03-2018, 11:48 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2074773695871842&id=958681370814419

BBC footage of Alston's challenge. Just about every commentator/pundit (Sutton,Craigan, Stubbs, Thompson, Dodds) agreeing it's a red. Look where the ref is - no excuse for getting that wrong

O'Rourke3
17-03-2018, 12:04 AM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2074773695871842&id=958681370814419

BBC footage of Alston's challenge. Just about every commentator/pundit (Sutton,Craigan, Stubbs, Thompson, Dodds) agreeing it's a red. Look where the ref is - no excuse for getting that wrongBeaton looks around to confirm no last man. In his head the foul is based on goalscoring opportunity not cynical dangerous foul. Slowed down in replay McGinns challenge looks as bad. At normal, speed it looks like a mistimed over enthusiastic challenge. The same could never be said for Alston's. The sooner the taking one for the team, there was contact, he's entitled to go down, is properly dealt with by refs, the better.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

vuefrom1875
17-03-2018, 12:28 AM
I wonder what our stats are with him in charge

Sad thing about it,could have BEEN any ref they're all sh#te. Best refs we had in years is when Ar#eholes went on strike a few years ago and foreign refs were brought in.... A breath of fresh air

Whataball
17-03-2018, 12:59 AM
Only bit I would contest is our disallowed goal. Unfortunately Marciano blew it. Team battled well, Mcginn outstanding, Bartley not so much.

HibernianJK
17-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Alstons foul was a yellow no more IMO. People suggesting it’s knee high must be blind. Takes his shin. It’s a bad tackle but just a yellow for me.

MONKEY'S ERSE
17-03-2018, 03:10 AM
I'm fed up watching the standard of refereeing being absolutely dreadful. In the pub tonight even the Jambos said shocking decisions by Beaton who gave his usual woeful performance. This isn't an excuse or sour grapes but how many times do we have to accept inept refereeing displays costing us points???No-one could believe St.John had 11 men on the park at full time. Totally weak & inept refereeing week after week after week. One positive: just as well Lenny wasn't on the touchline tonight as would've been another ban as he ( like us all watching the game) would have went ballistic. We try to play football and the kickers get away with murder.

hibbysam
17-03-2018, 03:12 AM
Alstons foul was a yellow no more IMO. People suggesting it’s knee high must be blind. Takes his shin. It’s a bad tackle but just a yellow for me.

It wasn’t a tackle. It was a kick out at an opponent when the ball was miles away, violent conduct.

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2018, 03:32 AM
A bigoted hun civil servant nonentity.

cleanyman
17-03-2018, 06:16 AM
No it wasn’t

Aye it was

green day
17-03-2018, 06:18 AM
Aye it was

Wasn't kamberi, it was Hanlon

Hermit Crab
17-03-2018, 06:32 AM
Wasn't kamberi, it was Hanlon

Whatever, it was still a clear foul and correctly ruled out.

J-C
17-03-2018, 06:39 AM
I’m the same.

I’m really not one for conspiracy theories but the amount of decisions going against us (I hate even saying that as it sounds nonsense) just isn’t right.

The fact he never got a red was a shocker, the fact he then committed another foul after that but never got a second yellow is beyond belief.

I also think there was nothing wrong with Mcgregor’s goal.

I generally don’t think refs have a beef against hibs, I think they’re keen to prove a point to Neil Lennon though.

I agree about Lennon, I recall he had major grief with the refs when he was at Celtic, it looks like they're still against him.

Carheenlea
17-03-2018, 06:41 AM
It wasn’t a tackle. It was a kick out at an opponent when the ball was miles away, violent conduct.

Admittedly, looked worse at the game, but that is violent conduct and a straight red every day of the week. McGinn was bursting forward with Hibs outnumbering St Johnstone in a breakaway attack and he’s been kicked to the ground. Ball is far enough away to be deemed an off the ball incident.

green day
17-03-2018, 06:42 AM

I know, I agree !!

Barney McGrew
17-03-2018, 06:43 AM

Yup, was right in front of me and it was definitely a free kick to Saints

Hermit Crab
17-03-2018, 06:44 AM
I know, I agree !!

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Good job you aren't a ref. Kamberi was nowhere near it

With that type of vision he probably IS a ref.

Jim44
17-03-2018, 06:52 AM
On a very clear BT Sport replay, taken from the front, the ball was well away and the St Johnstone tackle was so late and blatant but you could see clearly that Beaton’s eyes were fixed ahead and not on the tackle. I get the impression that he would just have seen McGinn falling after the tackle out of the side of his eye. The line official had to have seen the thuggery of it in any case so between them it was an awful decision.

Ryan69
17-03-2018, 06:56 AM
Beaton was correct to send off Rocky. It was a simple error of judgement on our keepers part. Very rare, so let’s accept it and move on. He subsequently crapped out doing anything that would reduce a liberty taking St Johnstone to ten men though. He was a total hun fanny.

So if Rocky had been a defender..would it of been a red?
Absolutely no chance!

green day
17-03-2018, 06:57 AM
I don't think refs are conspiring against Hibs or against Lennon.

I just think they are crap. They can do all the basic stuff, offsides and run of the mill fouls - but whenever it a huge game changing decision arrives, they are clueless.

Look at Beaton last night at Rocky's handball. It was clear as a bell, but the idiot still had to ask his linesman if it was ok!!!

The nonsensical decisions v Killie - pure guesswork.

We are flying right now, have a quick vibrant midfield who are always getting ahead of their opponents - so we are drawing a lot of fouls, someone said the most fouled team?

If refs were cheating us, they would be waving play on at these fouls, allowing the opposition to take control, sending off our players willy nilly and giving penalties every second match against us - but it's just not happening.

I'm not excusing the Alston decision last night, was a red all day long - but it's incompetence nothing more sinister.

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2018, 07:03 AM

Exactly, he kicked out at an opponent with no intention of going for the ball. He knew what he was doing, and couldn't know how SJM would fall, so it's a reckless challenge and a sending off unless it happens to be on a Hibs player.

****in cheat, alongside a fair few other cheats.

ACLeith
I don't think refs are conspiring against Hibs or against Lennon.

I just think they are crap. They can do all the basic stuff, offsides and run of the mill fouls - but whenever it a huge game changing decision arrives, they are clueless.

Look at Beaton last night at Rocky's handball. It was clear as a bell, but the idiot still had to ask his linesman if it was ok!!!

The nonsensical decisions v Killie - pure guesswork.

We are flying right now, have a quick vibrant midfield who are always getting ahead of their opponents - so we are drawing a lot of fouls, someone said the most fouled team?

If refs were cheating us, they would be waving play on at these fouls, allowing the opposition to take control, sending off our players willy nilly and giving penalties every second match against us - but it's just not happening.

I'm not excusing the Alston decision last night, was a red all day long - but it's incompetence nothing more sinister.

I understand what you are saying GD, but ..... as I asked last night when was the last time a potentially game-changing incident went wrongly in our favour. I can't think of the last one, by the law of averages surely I should?

Carheenlea
The linesman on the running on our side of the pitch was guessing half the time. On numerous occasions you could tell he had absolutely no idea who’s throw in it was, and was looking to see what direction the players ran in after the ball was out before pointing his flag one way or the other.

hibbysam
17-03-2018, 07:05 AM
Exactly, he kicked out at an opponent with no intention of going for the ball. He knew what he was doing, and couldn't know how SJM would fall, so it's a reckless challenge and a sending off unless it happens to be on a Hibs player.

He couldn’t get the yellow card out quick enough. No time to think about what had happened. Let the game get so far out of control, we’re fortunate we have boys who will stick up for themselves or one could’ve been really hurt last night.

WHAM
17-03-2018, 07:06 AM

The Ryan Jack red card earlier in the season at ibrox.....by John Beaton.

I don’t think the guy is a cheat but he is totally inept, like most of the referees in this country.

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2018, 07:06 AM

:agree: makes it worse that Beaton then tells Hanlon that Alstons on his last chance. McGinn picks the call up and gets fouled again minutes later and he ignores it! No wonder Tommy Wright subbed him.

JimBHibees
17-03-2018, 07:12 AM

No foul by Hanlon goal should have stood.

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2018, 07:14 AM

Less obvious on TV by the sounds of things - my brother in law was at the match and said the same as you and he normally claims for anything.

green day
17-03-2018, 07:17 AM
I understand what you are saying GD, but ..... as I asked last night when was the last time a potentially game-changing incident went wrongly in our favour. I can't think of the last one, by the law of averages surely I should?

I understand the frustration, and we have been on the end of some brutal decisions. I don't think that means it will even itself out (if it did, we are due a lot of points!)

But, sorry, the law of averages doesn't exist.

If it did, when I was in my 20s, surely I was due a ride off a supermodel one of those times?

hibbysam
17-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Less obvious on TV by the sounds of things - my brother in law was at the match and said the same as you and he normally claims for anything.

To me it’s one of them that is a foul on a defender/goalkeeper in the box 9 times out of 10, but you will rarely see them given in the middle of the pitch.

ACLeith
17-03-2018, 07:20 AM

I don’t think the guy is a cheat but he is totally inept, like most of the referees in this country.

OK, I'll give you that one!

Refs make split-second decisions and the pace of the modern game has made that harder. But outside factors can influence that split second. Factors can include a personal opinion of an individual at the club or who you supported as a lad. Had I been a ref I am not sure I could have reffed our games 100% impartially.

If a list was made of the potentially wrong big decisions against us since say 2012 (use that date to take in that cup final!) and compare it to a list the other way I know how it would look.

ACLeith
17-03-2018, 07:21 AM
I understand the frustration, and we have been on the end of some brutal decisions. I don't think that means it will even itself out (if it did, we are due a lot of points!)

But, sorry, the law of averages doesn't exist.

If it did, when I was in my 20s, surely I was due a ride off a supermodel one of those times?

I did actually meet one once - supermodel not a good ref!!

18Craig75
17-03-2018, 07:32 AM
As a footballing nation this is why we’ll never progress.The Scotland national teams bright hope is allowed to be kicked over the park week in week out. I’m not saying McGinn deserves preferential treatment from referees, but the laws of the game should be in place to protect players like him.

Teams set their players out to foul him in turns, meaning in most games this season he’s been kicked probably 10 times before any action is taken.

St Johnstone ran hearts close as the dirtiest team in the league last night. Any time we broke forward in the second half we were fouled. With a stronger referee, maybe we’d have been able to build up some momentum. Fully support Lennon in his comments again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
17-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Lennon deserves our full support for his comments. Alston should have been red carded for that assault on McGinn. There was clearly no attempt to play the ball - akin to a player walking over to an opponent and attacking him.

John McGinn showed incredible restraint. Many other players would have got up and decked Alson, and other players would have wellied in. Can you imagine that tackle happening at Ibrox last week ? There would have been a full blown riot.

Beaton cost us 2 points last night. With 10 v 10, we'd have beaten those thugs.

staunchhibby
17-03-2018, 07:55 AM
A good job Lennon was not in the dug out last night.He would have went ballistic at Beatons total incompetence.Does the so called compliance officer ever watch footage.If he did you would think he would acmt on some of the, challenges lastnight.Especialy Alstons tackle.

18Hibee75
17-03-2018, 08:00 AM
Tbh, I think he missed maybe a few fouls, and should've possibly booked a couple of their players. However, there's absolutely no doubt that Marciano should've been sent off, and for me Alstons tackle WAS a yellow. It was a professional foul with not much, if any, malice in it.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
17-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Worth posting this.
http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=leagues

Most fouled against team is Hibs. 2nd fairest in the League.

Refs need to protect the football players. Fouling by rotation is particularly cynical and anti football. Teams are getting away with it every game. Even sides like Aberdeen, who have good footballers, resort to dirty niggling nonsense. It's seriously undermining the game and needs cracked down on.

Sending more of them off would maybe help. Recent games v Sheep and Hearts are cases in point.

Scottie
17-03-2018, 08:06 AM
It's about time our football club stood up and made an official complaint to the SFA about the shocking decisions we have faced this season from these so called competent refs. No wonder our manager has had enough.

Enough is enough IMO.

delbert
17-03-2018, 08:06 AM
A good job Lennon was not in the dug out last night.He would have went ballistic at Beatons total incompetence.Does the so called compliance officer ever watch footage.If he did you would think he would acmt on some of the, challenges lastnight.Especialy Alstons tackle.

Guess I’m going against the general tone of the thread but the foul by Alston on McGinn was a cynical, deliberate trip designed to stop a promising attack and as such was a clear yellow card. It was reckless but not dangerous and John Beaton called it correctly, I doubt a red for that challenge even entered his mind, completely different if the same challenge occurs in the final third with an obvious goal scoring opportunity on offer. Sometimes the rules get in the way of a good debate but that’s what they currently say and if it had been the other way around, we would be seething if a Hibs player went off for a deliberate professional foul in the same circumstances.

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 08:08 AM

Know what? Beaton was crap tonight, but if we had 11 men on the park we probably win that match. Wake up, FFSNobody is denying that the Rocky red was a stupid decision but let's remember how many points Rocky has won us this season. As for the ref I dunno what game you were watching but Alston was a clear red and even if you still think it was only a yellow he then gets off with another foul shortly after. Then the assault on Boyler on the touchline which could easily have been a straight red. Beaton was dreadful tonight and if u can't see that I am truly amazed. No paranoia required...just eyesight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
17-03-2018, 08:11 AM

There is so much mockery of 'conspiracy theorists' these days, that people find it easy to ignore genuine bias, preferential treatment and corruption, while accusing you of being paranoid.

Its so obvious we're being harshly treated by refs I don't know why it's even debatable.

500miles
17-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Guess I’m going against the general tone of the thread but the foul by Alston on McGinn was a cynical, deliberate trip designed to stop a promising attack and as such was a clear yellow card. It was reckless but not dangerous and John Beaton called it correctly, I doubt a red for that challenge even entered his mind, completely different if the same challenge occurs in the final third with an obvious goal scoring opportunity on offer. Sometimes the rules get in the way of a good debate but that’s what they currently say and if it had been the other way around, we would be seething if a Hibs player went off for a deliberate professional foul in the same circumstances.

Alston made contact halfway up McGinn's leg, with a crazy lunging tackle. McGinn clipped the St Js boy's heels. A professional foul is a booking, but done recklessly it's a straight red, and Beaton chickened out of the decision.

superfurryhibby
17-03-2018, 08:15 AM

delbert
17-03-2018, 08:26 AM
Alston made contact halfway up McGinn's leg, with a crazy lunging tackle. McGinn clipped the St Js boy's heels. A professional foul is a booking, but done recklessly it's a straight red, and Beaton chickened out of the decision.

As I say, we will just have to disagree, I certainly didn’t see a ‘crazy lunge’ and the referee didn’t chicken out of anything.

O'Rourke3
17-03-2018, 08:45 AM
With that type of vision he probably IS a ref.

:faf::faf::faf:

Penicuik Hibee
17-03-2018, 08:52 AM
i thought the foul on Boyle was as bad as the one on McGinn. I really thought he had broke his leg as heard the noise of the contact up in the stand.
One of the worst ref performances I can remember.
Great effort from th team to get a point playing with 10 men for 75mins (what the hell was rocky doing out there anyway) and incredible support from the fans

green day
17-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Nobody is denying that the Rocky red was a stupid decision but let's remember how many points Rocky has won us this season. As for the ref I dunno what game you were watching but Alston was a clear red and even if you still think it was only a yellow he then gets off with another foul shortly after. Then the assault on Boyler on the touchline which could easily have been a straight red. Beaton was dreadful tonight and if u can't see that I am truly amazed. No paranoia required...just eyesight

I never once criticised Rocky's season, he's been great. But he dropped a bollock last night, that's unquestionable.

I also never said Alston was a yellow, FFS! Red every day of the week for me, so don't put words in my mouth.

Beaton was dreadful, and I also said that.

My "which part is utter baws" was in response to another poster when I said too many were paranoid last night, and that Rocky's red changed the game.

I stand by that statement, perhaps you should read what people say before giving them stick?

Danderhall Hibs
17-03-2018, 09:08 AM

It was an attempt to break up the attack and I don’t mind fouls like that. However he was so late and the ball was so far away this wasn’t a tackle, it was a blatant kick at McGinn - you can’t just walk over and kick someone no matter where on the park it is. Lafferty was sent off v Aberdeen for the same type of tackle.

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 09:11 AM
I never once criticised Rocky's season, he's been great. But he dropped a bollock last night, that's unquestionable.

I also never said Alston was a yellow, FFS! Red every day of the week for me, so don't put words in my mouth.

Beaton was dreadful, and I also said that.

My "which part is utter baws" was in response to another poster when I said too many were paranoid last night, and that Rocky's red changed the game.

I stand by that statement, perhaps you should read what people say before giving them stick?Fair enough my apologies I had replied to one of your earlier comments and hadn't read the whole thread - fair dos

Carheenlea
17-03-2018, 09:15 AM
i thought the foul on Boyle was as bad as the one on McGinn. I really thought he had broke his leg as heard the noise of the contact up in the stand.
One of the worst ref performances I can remember.
Great effort from th team to get a point playing with 10 men for 75mins (what the hell was rocky doing out there anyway) and incredible support from the fans

Thankfully the loud crack was shin pads - first thought was bones. A sickening challenge. Didn’t think it was possible to see a more agricultural side than Hearts. Levein must have been drooling at the mouth watching that.

Argylehibby
17-03-2018, 09:28 AM

The red was rescinded but it should not have been. Jack attempted to head butt one of our guys and only in SFA land would he get off with it. I also think it was the assistant ref that told him rather than him making the decision on his own but might be. Wrong on that one.

If you're inept then both teams suffer not just one.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Worth posting this.

Refs need to protect the football players. Fouling by rotation is particularly cynical and anti football. Teams are getting away with it every game. Even sides like Aberdeen, who have good footballers, resort to dirty niggling nonsense. It's seriously undermining the game and needs cracked down on.

Sending more of them off would maybe help. Recent games v Sheep and Hearts are cases in point.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Maybe we should be a bit more savvy and foul i rotation to break up play especially in situations like last night where we were tiring and you could sense the goal coming from them.

superfurryhibby
17-03-2018, 09:39 AM
Noticing the SJ player getting the boot right into Bell's thigh after the save at the free kick. No attempt to play the ball which was on the other side of Bell's body. Nasty.

bingo70
17-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Noticing the SJ player getting the boot right into Bell's thigh after the save at the free kick. No attempt to play the ball which was on the other side of Bell's body. Nasty.

Yup, noticed that too.

Also thought the one on Boyle was a shocker although I’m not suggesting it was a red.

Think Anderson had a bad one on Kamberi as well but can’t really remember it, remember at the time thinking he was a dirty ******* though.

kaimendhibs
Clear foul by Kamberi at the back post. Not even soft, stonewall free kickCan't have been that Clear G, it was Hanlon

JimBHibees

Yes complete cheap shot by Steven McLean again was a red and nothing given totally ignored.

JimBHibees
17-03-2018, 09:46 AM

No way was it a trip it was a deliberate kick with the ball 5 yards away.

Wat Dabney
17-03-2018, 10:05 AM
I remember Ian Murray got a straight red against Celtic in 2008 for something similar but not as violent.

Found the video on youtube at 1min 10 secs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrHP6l7JlbM

Diclonius
17-03-2018, 10:09 AM
I remember Ian Murray got a straight red against Celtic in 2008 for something similar but not as violent.

That commentary is glorious.

LithgaeHibby
17-03-2018, 10:11 AM
John McGinn must surely be the most fouled player in the Premiership. I'd like to see the stats. Now he's picked up a booking I think I think that means a suspension but I bet that many of those bookings have been frustration. Certainly last night's was after that shocking challenge from ex Falkirk thug Alston. Lennon's totally right about refs needing to give our players more protection.

superfurryhibby
17-03-2018, 10:16 AM
No way was it a trip it was a deliberate kick with the ball 5 yards away.

It was indeed a kick, contact just below the knee. About time these fouls were punished harshly. The fact the ball was in the vicinity doesn'r diminish that Alston made no attempt to play the it.

MrSmith
17-03-2018, 10:17 AM
I guess all these decision going against us is to keep us away from the Rangers?

would be good to see a table of decisions for and against us that have been game changers. I think the frequency of these poor referring decisions (moreso lately as they probably didn’t expect us to be in this position) is precisely to ensure we are kept behind the Rangers, or is Rodders protecting his position within the SFA?

Our club need need to challenge this as it’s costing us a lot.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2018, 10:18 AM

That was at Parkhead, expect nothing less than a red for that there.

Tomsk
17-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Worth posting this.

Interesting stats. Notable that St Johnstone has the second lowest foul count. Were the players sent out last night with specific instructions? We'll never know, but their 17 fouls-count last night is considerably higher than their average. Meanwhile Hibs' average was just about bang on the button.

Tomsk
17-03-2018, 10:33 AM

Don't think this helps your case. The video clearly shows the ref giving a yellow then red. Must have been a second yellow.

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2018, 10:35 AM
If a player is standing on the halfway line waiting for the game to kick off, and an opposition player runs up to him while the ball is nowhere near him and kicks him making no attempt to play the ball, he'd be sent off.

That foul last night, and that hearts gimp who did the same against McGinn are sending offs, they are making no attempt to play the ball and are intentionally taking a player out by trying to injure and stop that player from making progress.

Its a sending off, these twats are not enforcing the laws of the game, and are just making them up as they go along.

lucky
17-03-2018, 10:39 AM
The assault on McGinn was a red all day long. But the laws of the game need looked at as a keeper gets sent off of an accidental hand ball but a outfield player can chop down an opponent nowhere near the ball and stay on the park.

hibIBZ
17-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Don't think this helps your case. The video clearly shows the ref giving a yellow then red. Must have been a second yellow.

That was Martin Canning getting sent off first, Murray was sent off after for a straight red later in the vid

Tomsk
17-03-2018, 10:50 AM
That was Martin Canning getting sent off first, Murray was sent off after for a straight red later in the vid

Apologies. You're right.

matty_f
17-03-2018, 10:51 AM
There is so much mockery of 'conspiracy theorists' these days, that people find it easy to ignore genuine bias, preferential treatment and corruption, while accusing you of being paranoid.

Its so obvious we're being harshly treated by refs I don't know why it's even debatable.

I'm sure the stats back it up, as well.

matty_f
17-03-2018, 10:53 AM
If a player is standing on the halfway line waiting for the game to kick off, and an opposition player runs up to him while the ball is nowhere near him and kicks him making no attempt to play the ball, he'd be sent off.

That foul last night, and that hearts gimp who did the same against McGinn are sending offs, they are making no attempt to play the ball and are intentionally taking a player out by trying to injure and stop that player from making progress.

Its a sending off, these twats are not enforcing the laws of the game, and are just making them up as they go along.

Absolutely spot on. If a player is nowhere near the ball and they take out an opponent by sliding feet first into them, how can it be considered anything other than violent conduct?

What's the alternative explanation for what he did?

Wat Dabney
17-03-2018, 10:54 AM

Eh? Not the Martin Canning sending off. The Ian Murray one right at the end of the vid. We ended that game with 9 men.

Tomsk
17-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Eh? Not the Martin Canning sending off. The Ian Murray one right at the end of the vid. We ended that game with 9 men.

Yup. Saw that. You're right. Straight red for a trip.

theonlywayisup
17-03-2018, 11:13 AM
I guess all these decision going against us is to keep us away from the Rangers?

would be good to see a table of decisions for and against us that have been game changers. I think the frequency of these poor referring decisions (moreso lately as they probably didn’t expect us to be in this position) is precisely to ensure we are kept behind the Rangers, or is Rodders protecting his position within the SFA?

Our club need need to challenge this as it’s costing us a lot.

Interesting that you mention The Rangers!!

The only game this season when I feel we've been lucky with decisions was against The Rangers. I'm pretty sure that one another day Stokes would have been sent off early in the game, when the score was one nil to them. Also, again when Jack got a straight sending off and Stokes didn't get a second booking in the incident just before we went 2-1 up. We were lucky that day. Stokes should definitely have been sent off and I'm not convinced that we would have won or even drawn had that happened.

Wasn't it Beaton that was the ref that day. It maybe just highlights that our ref are not biased, they are just hugely incompetent.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/judging-the-referee-s-performance-in-rangers-2-3-hibs-1-4531789

BoomtownHibees
17-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Aye it was

No it wasn’t

houstonhibbee
17-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Except that wasn't Murray or the incident - it comes later

Kato
17-03-2018, 12:33 PM

There you have it.

Tomsk
17-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Except that wasn't Murray or the incident - it comes later

And my posts (2) acknowledging I got it wrong come later. :wink:

basehibby
17-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Still disgusted at the most cowardly and incompetent refereeing display I can remember. That useless ****er Beaton totally changed the game:

1) Correctly booked Alston for an extremely cynical professional foul and then absolutely bottled it when the same player did exactly the same thing in the same position 5 mins later - game changing cowardice. Tommy Wright obviously agrees as he immediately subbed Alston after the second incident.

2) Disallowed a perfectly good goal for no apparent reason. Hanlon used his strength to get the better of the St Js defender at the back post - Beaton blows for a foul showing he is an incompetent as well as a coward.

These two decisions undoubtably cost us two points and almost had me booting in the telly - Beaton should be stripped of his whistle the pathetic ****er.

hibsbollah
17-03-2018, 01:18 PM
I'm sure the stats back it up, as well.

I recall your stats on Craig Thomsons Hibs games making the case for bias 100% indisputable.

Carheenlea
17-03-2018, 01:32 PM

Only noticed that watching the brief BBC highlights - had no chance of winning the ball and was a blatant kick at Bell. Lucky to get away with that, but then they all did.
Not many of us posting in here will be much good at playing football, but we could all boot people in the manner we saw last night. Awful to watch.

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2018, 01:36 PM
I guess all these decision going against us is to keep us away from the Rangers?.

Does anyone actually believe this kinda thing anymore?

I’m not talking about the refereeing standard here, simply this one point.

Is it still popular belief that refs collude together for the benefit of Rangers over the other clubs, including Celtic?

bingo70
17-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Is it still popular belief that refs collude together for the benefit of Rangers over the other clubs, including Celtic?

I’ve never really believed that although I am starting to think they enjoy getting one over Neil Lennon.

I don’t think they go out their way to cheat, I just think they’re not likely to give us the benefit of the doubt for major decisions.

I certainly don’t think there’s a conspiracy as there’s a fear over us, or anyone challenging the old firm.

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Just been listening to Sportsound (I know but it's a hibs free Sat what else to do) and to a man they all said it was a straight red for Alston and all 100% backed Neil Lennons post match comments

snooky
17-03-2018, 01:46 PM

I believe it. It's subtle but it's there. Been watch Scottish football for many years and nothing has changed .... or will change.
IMO the SPL was much better 2013-16. Apart from the one horse race and our relegation, the rest flourished.

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2018, 01:48 PM
50 / 50 then!

I’ll leave it at that :wink:

Kato
17-03-2018, 02:31 PM
I believe it. It's subtle but it's there. Been watch Scottish football for many years and nothing has changed .... or will change.
IMO the SPL was much better 2013-16. Apart from the one horse race and our relegation, the rest flourished.

If RFC had went through their recent financial woes but there was little or no TV coverage they would have been promoted far quicker and would probably have won the their 1st top league title by now. There used to a code among journalists back in the 1940's-5o's for them getting decisions e.g. "Rangers Charisma won them a penalty" or "despite a terrible foul Rangers charisma ensured the player stayed on the park."

Kato
17-03-2018, 02:35 PM

Given your thoughts on Edinburgh's Council I don't really take your incredulity seriously. Personally I've been watching football for 50 years and I can only believe what I see. Whatever the mechanism for collusion or fear of the consequnces of the pecking order for favouritism among Scottish refs is 1.Rangers 2 Celtic 3. Aberdeen/Hearts.

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2018, 03:54 PM
What you on about the council for?

Bizarre post.

Kato
17-03-2018, 04:58 PM
What you on about the council for?

Bizarre post.

I'm not "on about" the council. Just mentioning, which you seem to have forgotten, your sticking up for the council in their doings with Hibs and now you seem to be sticking up for refs. Do you have a any forelock left?

hibsbollah
17-03-2018, 05:55 PM
I'm not "on about" the council. Just mentioning, which you seem to have forgotten, your sticking up for the council in their doings with Hibs and now you seem to be sticking up for refs. Do you have a any forelock left?

Does Beaton work for the council:dunno:

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2018, 06:05 PM

How do you get that I’m sticking up for refs from my post?!

Do I have to be anti everything like you appear to be?

Geez, talk about starting an argument from nothing. I even added a smiley to my next post :greengrin

green day
17-03-2018, 06:51 PM

Aye, Ministry of 5hite decisions 😂

Eyrie
17-03-2018, 07:03 PM

He negotiated the trams contract for the council.

brog
17-03-2018, 07:29 PM
Let's be clear here, there's no such thing as a professional foul. The only offence for which Alston could be sent off is for SERIOUS FOUL PLAY & the definition of that offence pretty much fits exactly what Alston did last night. I think there is favouritism to The Rangers throughout Scottish football though younger netters may find it hard to believe its actually better now given TV/social media coverage. What is a fact is that Beaton's an acknowledged Hun & his sending off of Handling was only matched by his failure to send off Joe Garner for an assault on a Hamilton player last season. I believe it's individual incompetence within an overarching scenario which continually favours The Rangers.

angus hibby
17-03-2018, 08:21 PM
Alstons “tackle” on McGinn is a red card. Can’t help thinking if McGinn had stayed down and made out he was seriously injured, ref might have just given the red.

Im not saying that’s right thing to do, but a lot of footballers are very clever in situations like this, making sure the opponent is sent off. Stay down in apparent agony, team mates surround ref normally sways his decision. Guaranteed Suarez, Messi, Ronaldo etc wouldn’t have got up as quickly as McGinn did.

Kato
17-03-2018, 09:01 PM
How do you get that I’m sticking up for refs from my post?!

Do I have to be anti everything like you appear to be?

Geez, talk about starting an argument from nothing. I even added a smiley to my next post :greengrin

You're right bud, and I apologise. No need, just me being a grumpy twat for no reason. Sorry.

Kato
17-03-2018, 09:02 PM

Probably.

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Doesn’t matter who he is subservient to , he’s a horrible black lodge knuckle knocking barsteward ! :aok:

WhileTheChief..
17-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Fair do’s. Cheers :aok:

Joe6-2
17-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Given your thoughts on Edinburgh's Council I don't really take your incredulity seriously. Personally I've been watching football for 50 years and I can only believe what I see. Whatever the mechanism for collusion or fear of the consequnces of the pecking order for favouritism among Scottish refs is 1.Rangers 2 Celtic 3. Aberdeen/Hearts.

Over my many years of watching Hibs, absolutely refs have favoured The Huns and Seltic

Scott Allan Key
17-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Let's be clear here, there's no such thing as a professional foul. The only offence for which Alston could be sent off is for SERIOUS FOUL PLAY & the definition of that offence pretty much fits exactly what Alston did last night. I think there is favouritism to The Rangers throughout Scottish football though younger netters may find it hard to believe its actually better now given TV/social media coverage. What is a fact is that Beaton's an acknowledged Hun & his sending off of Handling was only matched by his failure to send off Joe Garner for an assault on a Hamilton player last season. I believe it's individual incompetence within an overarching scenario which continually favours The Rangers.

It would be constructive for referees to have to declare an allegiance as football supporters and not referee any games that their team or their team’s rival in league had an interest in. We would really need a bigger league and a grown up societal discussion about sectarianism for this, which means it isn’t likely to happen for reasons that we have all discussed before.

greenpaper55
17-03-2018, 09:50 PM
Just watched the highlights again and the keeper was sent off for handball but you could argue he was not the last man and it was not deliberate so would a yellow card not have been the correct decision ?

Eyrie
17-03-2018, 09:50 PM
It would be constructive for referees to have to declare an allegiance as football supporters and not referee any games that their team or their team’s rival in league had an interest in. We would really need a bigger league and a grown up societal discussion about sectarianism for this, which means it isn’t likely to happen for reasons that we have all discussed before.

They'd all do a Chick Young and claim to support a football team rather than admit to being Sevco or Celtc fans, so that they can continue to referee their own teams.

The Green Goblin
17-03-2018, 10:14 PM

Yup, which would have been his second yellow and a sending off.

The Green Goblin
17-03-2018, 10:18 PM

He called it correctly but didn't book him?

One Day
18-03-2018, 08:11 AM
The guy is a cheating *******. Simple as that for me.

this, cheating barsteward

eastcoasthibby
18-03-2018, 08:21 AM
As I say, we will just have to disagree, I certainly didn’t see a ‘crazy lunge’ and the referee didn’t chicken out of anything.

So its not a crazy lunge ..just a cynical kick out at a player.to stop him going forward and creating something ! Accepting that its ok and only worthy of a yellow says it all about our football in Scotland ..lets allow those who have less ability be allowed to just go out and kick people, commit numerous fouls, support managers to set out tactics to foul and kick certain influential players, by doing the rotational fouling thing that is so evident ! ....refs and some managers are ruining our game

Heisenberg
18-03-2018, 08:44 AM
I don’t believe in a conspiracy against Hibs/Lennon. The refs just aren’t very good the majority of the time. Remember when we had Beaton in charge against the Huns at Ibrox this season? He sent off Ryan Jack but Stokes somehow managed to stay on the park despite being a one man wrecking crew all afternoon.

Every team suffers at the hand of these officials. We also have a manager who will always bring the referees performance into focus if it’s not been very good. Neil McCann is the only other one that I can remember who will do it on a regular basis.

Eyrie
18-03-2018, 10:53 AM
I don’t believe in a conspiracy against Hibs/Lennon. The refs just aren’t very good the majority of the time. Remember when we had Beaton in charge against the Huns at Ibrox this season? He sent off Ryan Jack but Stokes somehow managed to stay on the park despite being a one man wrecking crew all afternoon.

Every team suffers at the hand of these officials. We also have a manager who will always bring the referees performance into focus if it’s not been very good. Neil McCann is the only other one that I can remember who will do it on a regular basis.

We suffer disproportionately though.

I'd agree that Stokes should have been sent off on our first visit to Ibrox, but that's the only blatant error in our favour this season. Blatant calls against us this season were Cochrane's assault on McGinn (only yellow), Shaw's goal at the PBS, a deliberate handball by Sevco wasn't a penalty, Clancy gifting Kilmarnock a penalty and Alston not being sent off.

Joe6-2
18-03-2018, 10:55 AM
He negotiated the trams contract for the council.

Speaks volumes!

brog
18-03-2018, 11:46 AM

It's not really what the rules say. The definition of Serious Foul Play (red card ) is below & IMO Alston's challenge ticked all those boxes.
Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from thefront, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive forceand endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
I agree with you that Beaton was thinking of an obvious goalscoring opportunity but this is a mindset encouraged by fans, commentators & the media in general. If Alston had tripped SJM it would have been a yellow but he kicked out & should have been dismissed. However as I posted earlier Beaton failed to send Joe Garner off for a kung fu challenge on a Hamilton player last season so he seems to have his own set of rules.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-hitman-joe-garner-tried-9992624

snooky
18-03-2018, 11:57 AM
So its not a crazy lunge ..just a cynical kick out at a player.to stop him going forward and creating something ! Accepting that its ok and only worthy of a yellow says it all about our football in Scotland ..lets allow those who have less ability be allowed to just go out and kick people, commit numerous fouls, support managers to set out tactics to foul and kick certain influential players, by doing the rotational fouling thing that is so evident ! ....refs and some managers are ruining our game

I like and respect Tommy Wright however, it certainly looked as if his team's tactics for our game was Jambo-esque. i.e. Kick them off the park.
He took Alston off to protect his team from going down to 10 men as he knew BA had used up all his nine lives and more.

snooky
18-03-2018, 12:05 PM

:agree: There should be a similar rule to the one where continuous fouling by one player is a bookable offence. The rule should cover continuous fouls on one player. This would eliminate the rotational fouling tactic. It's blatantly obvious when a key player is singled out for 'the treatment', or 'the ret@rder' as Sam Allardyce (?) once called deliberately injuring an opponent.

ps I've used "@" as the word falls into admin's unacceptable category although it's used properly here.

angus hibby
18-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Just watched the highlights again and the keeper was sent off for handball but you could argue he was not the last man and it was not deliberate so would a yellow card not have been the correct decision ?

I agree. The ball hits his chest first and it is this contact which stops the ball going towards the goal. At the point where his arm makes contact with the ball, it is after the ball has hit his chest. He doesn’t deliberately handle the ball either - he handles the ball when he brings his arms down. What’s he meant to do? Keep his arms in the air?

IMO it should only have been a red if the ball hit his arm or hand when his hands were above his head.

WeeRussell
18-03-2018, 01:28 PM
I agree. The ball hits his chest first and it is this contact which stops the ball going towards the goal. At the point where his arm makes contact with the ball, it is after the ball has hit his chest. He doesn’t deliberately handle the ball either - he handles the ball when he brings his arms down. What’s he meant to do? Keep his arms in the air?

IMO it should only have been a red if the ball hit his arm or hand when his hands were above his head.

Don’t think it matters. He was unable to complete his challenge without handling the ball.. therefore he handled the ball outside the box while charging out, which always results in a red.

I did say at the time though, it’s strange (the rules) that if it had been a defender that handled it, it wouldn’t be a red. And if the keeper handled it in the opposition half (say up for a last minute corner) he wouldn’t be sent off either.

It’s just when they charge out to sweep-up, it’s always a red if they use their hands. And I wonder where the cut-off for keepers is with this.. when they are not deemed to be defending?

Anyway, as far as rules (or general refereeing) go, I was convinced it was a red as soon as Beaton blew his whistle.. even if he wasnt.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Don’t think it matters. He was unable to complete his challenge without handling the ball.. therefore he handled the ball outside the box while charging out, which always results in a red.

I did say at the time though, it’s strange (the rules) that if it had been a defender that handled it, it wouldn’t be a red. And if the keeper handled it in the opposition half (say up for a last minute corner) he wouldn’t be sent off either.

It’s just when they charge out to sweep-up, it’s always a red if they use their hands. And I wonder where the cut-off for keepers is with this.. when they are not deemed to be defending?

Anyway, as far as rules (or general refereeing) go, I was convinced it was a red as soon as Beaton blew his whistle.. even if he wasnt.

The difference between a goalkeeper and a defender in that type of situation is that a goalkeeper is usually the last line of defence and so if he's come out of his box, it's more likely to be an obvious goalscoring opportunity than if a defender had done it as the striker would then likely need to get past the goalkeeper before being able to score.

The sending off offence is for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, it's not just for handling the ball.

angus hibby
18-03-2018, 02:15 PM
The difference between a goalkeeper and a defender in that type of situation is that a goalkeeper is usually the last line of defence and so if he's come out of his box, it's more likely to be an obvious goalscoring opportunity than if a defender had done it as the striker would then likely need to get past the goalkeeper before being able to score.

The sending off offence is for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, it's not just for handling the ball.

It wasnt his hands/arm that prevented the goal scoring opportunity though, it was his chest. The ball hitting his chest prevented the ball going goalwards.

WeeRussell
18-03-2018, 02:15 PM

Understand that and it makes sense, but I’m sure keepers or always sent off for handling the ball e.g. if they misjudge where the edge of the box is, regardless of whether there’s clear danger or not.

Obviously no defender can use his hands to stop an opportunity which means it’s more likely to be a scoring chance as you’ve mentioned above... I guess any time a keeper is out his box, if the opposition were to get the ball it’s a chance, therefore if they’ve handled the ball to deny that, maybe it’s fair enough.

Long story short I don’t think we can complain about Marciano being sent off (other than rocky’s Poor decision to come in the first place!)

WeeRussell
18-03-2018, 02:16 PM
It wasnt his hands/arm that prevented the goal scoring opportunity though, it was his chest. The ball hitting his chest prevented the ball going goalwards.

But he wasn’t able to prevent the chance with his chest, without the ball then hitting his hands.

basehibby
18-03-2018, 02:58 PM

THIS definitely - there's far too many refs in Scotland who favour cynical cloggers, regularly letting them off with murder as showcased perfectly by Beaton on Friday night. The obvious result is that managers are more wont to sign physical players over skillfull players who will get kicked off the ball. Net result is a smaller pool of talented players reaching the highest level - which in turn hurts the national team as well as our chances in Europe.

I remember the other season when the Scottish refs went on strike and we got a team of whistlers from Malta for a game - and the truth is they handled the match MUCH better than the usual mob - allowing no nonsense but allowing the game to flow perfectly well. And these guys were from Malta FFS which has about the same population as Edinburgh! The SFA could do with doing some major knocking together of heads over this tendency as it does us no favours at all as a footballing nation.

basehibby
18-03-2018, 03:06 PM
We suffer disproportionately though.

I'd agree that Stokes should have been sent off on our first visit to Ibrox, but that's the only blatant error in our favour this season. Blatant calls against us this season were Cochrane's assault on McGinn (only yellow), Shaw's goal at the PBS, a deliberate handball by Sevco wasn't a penalty, Clancy gifting Kilmarnock a penalty and Alston not being sent off.

I agree but I'd say we suffer disproportionately because traditionally as a team we like to play football the right way. As per above, this does us no favours with Scottish refs who often favour teams of physical cloggers such as Levein's Maroon Baboons - more because they will let niggly fouls slip by and fail to punish cynical play than the big decisions you are highlighting (although we certainly do seem to get more than our fair share of them going against us!)

staunchhibby
18-03-2018, 03:17 PM
It was a treat to watch the Maltese officials when they were at Easter Road.Showed our incompetent lot how it should be officiated.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 06:02 PM
It was a treat to watch the Maltese officials when they were at Easter Road.Showed our incompetent lot how it should be officiated.

Thats when the refs were on strike right? I never went as I wouldn't cross a picket line to watch Hibs officiated by Maltese scabs!

majorhibs
18-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Thats when the refs were on strike right? I never went as I wouldn't cross a picket line to watch Hibs officiated by Maltese scabs!

Jeez you sometimes take the biscuits!

snooky
18-03-2018, 06:24 PM

Did it make the Maltese cross?

staunchhibby
18-03-2018, 06:31 PM
There was no picket line:na na:

mjhibby
18-03-2018, 06:33 PM
:agree: There should be a similar rule to the one where continuous fouling by one player is a bookable offence. The rule should cover continuous fouls on one player. This would eliminate the rotational fouling tactic. It's blatantly obvious when a key player is singled out for 'the treatment', or 'the ret@rder' as Sam Allardyce (?) once called deliberately injuring an opponent.

ps I've used "@" as the word falls into admin's unacceptable category although it's used properly here.

I may be wrong but in basketball teams get warned for rotational fouling and can be sent out of the game for abusing the system. I find it inconceivable that we allow that assault to be a booking yet your also hooked for tugging a shirt etc. The tackle was a replica of Laughatmes One v the dons. Its so obvious what's happening yet all the hacks and commentators are so used to it they don't comment on it. No wonder we are so far behind other countries when we seem to look on it as a virtue to try by all means possible to stop teams and don't focus on improving the skill level and attacking. Its amazing having been to Loads of coaching courses where we're meant to coach how to play through teams yet we witness teams like St Johnstone, hertz the dons etc who cynically and brutally stop other teams. Brutal to watch but in Scotland the end Justifiies the means but also means we're out of Europe before the schools are back.

wookie70
18-03-2018, 06:34 PM

From what I can read in the rules the minute a Keeper comes out his box he is treated the same as other players. The difference is if a player had done that then the Keeper will normally be behind him so it wouldn't be deemed to be a goals coring opportunity. I think due to the ball hitting his chest first it ceases to be a goal scoring opportunity and it shouldn't have been a red. There was at least one red in the game but Rocky shouldn't have received it.

StevieCowan
18-03-2018, 06:36 PM
It's not really what the rules say. The definition of Serious Foul Play (red card ) is below & IMO Alston's challenge ticked all those boxes.
Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from thefront, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive forceand endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
I agree with you that Beaton was thinking of an obvious goalscoring opportunity but this is a mindset encouraged by fans, commentators & the media in general. If Alston had tripped SJM it would have been a yellow but he kicked out & should have been dismissed. However as I posted earlier Beaton failed to send Joe Garner off for a kung fu challenge on a Hamilton player last season so he seems to have his own set of rules.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-hitman-joe-garner-tried-9992624

Lunge - nope, stayed in control of himself.
Excessive force - nope, no more than any other tackle that happens during a game
Endangered the safety - nope, he’s caught him low on the shin and the reaction of McGinn tells me that he wasn’t never in any more danger than any tackle that happens during a game.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Jeez you sometimes take the biscuits!

I've stood on picket lines freezing my balls off losing wages for what I believe in, I won't knowingly cross one!

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 06:37 PM
There was no picket line:na na:

There was a strike though.

StevieCowan
18-03-2018, 06:38 PM
From what I can read in the rules the minute a Keeper comes out his box he is treated the same as other players. The difference is if a player had done that then the Keeper will normally be behind him so it wouldn't be deemed to be a goals coring opportunity. I think due to the ball hitting his chest first it ceases to be a goal scoring opportunity and it shouldn't have been a red. There was at least one red in the game but Rocky shouldn't have received it.

If the ball doesn’t hit his arm it goes beyond the keeper and thereore there’s no one in goals and the Saints player has the ball.. with no keeper in goals. It’s a clear obvious goal scoring opportunity and a red card?

staunchhibby
18-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Ye and it was a treat to watch decent refeering.:not worth

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2018, 06:42 PM

Is this the definitive meaning of hibs class?

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Is this the definitive meaning of hibs class?

Call it what you want...

angus hibby
18-03-2018, 06:49 PM

Spot on. Glad it’s not just me that thinks this! 😁.

staunchhibby
18-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Would do it again if it meant watching decent refs.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Would do it again if it meant watching decent refs.

Each to their own.

Eyrie
18-03-2018, 07:17 PM
I may be wrong but in basketball teams get warned for rotational fouling and can be sent out of the game for abusing the system. I find it inconceivable that we allow that assault to be a booking yet your also hooked for tugging a shirt etc. The tackle was a replica of Laughatmes One v the dons. Its so obvious what's happening yet all the hacks and commentators are so used to it they don't comment on it. No wonder we are so far behind other countries when we seem to look on it as a virtue to try by all means possible to stop teams and don't focus on improving the skill level and attacking. Its amazing having been to Loads of coaching courses where we're meant to coach how to play through teams yet we witness teams like St Johnstone, hertz the dons etc who cynically and brutally stop other teams. Brutal to watch but in Scotland the end Justifiies the means but also means we're out of Europe before the schools are back.
Don't know about basketball but it happens in rugby where a team can be warned for persistent infringing and the next offender goes to the bin, even if he wasn't personally guilty for any of the previous penalties.

majorhibs
18-03-2018, 08:00 PM
I've stood on picket lines freezing my balls off losing wages for what I believe in, I won't knowingly cross one!

Just behave yersel! When you come out the chloroform, just imagine Scottish “refs” as tory mp’s & the “SFA” as maggie or somethin, the “refs chief” as mcgregor, & of course the wronged party, the fans! ...well, you started aw the make believe!

Hermit Crab
18-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Just behave yersel! When you come out the chloroform, just imagine Scottish “refs” as tory mp’s & the “SFA” as maggie or somethin, the “refs chief” as mcgregor, & of course the wronged party, the fans! ...well, you started aw the make believe!

:rolleyes:

Behave myself? There was a strike so I didn't go. I've stood on picket lines and I wont cross a picket line. Now thats up to me but I know I'm not alone with that thought.

majorhibs
18-03-2018, 08:21 PM

Behave myself? There was a strike so I didn't go. I've stood on picket lines and I wont cross a picket line. Now thats up to me but I know I'm not alone with that thought.

Scottish refs on strike cos they dinnae like gettin telt they’re rubbish by Neil Lennon etc! But cos it’s a “picket line” - your words- then somehow they are in the right :confused::confused:

givescotlandfreedom
18-03-2018, 08:24 PM

I can't stand refs and agree with you here.

JimBHibees
18-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Lunge - nope, stayed in control of himself.
Excessive force - nope, no more than any other tackle that happens during a game
Endangered the safety - nope, he’s caught him low on the shin and the reaction of McGinn tells me that he wasn’t never in any more danger than any tackle that happens during a game.

It was a kick he had no idea and didn't care if he injured the opponent. The ball was nowhere near red every day of the week and every pundit over the eeekend who have played the game professionally seemed to think so too.

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2018, 08:25 PM

You’re entitled to your beliefs mate. My old man always drummed into me never to cross a picket line as well.

Danderhall Hibs
18-03-2018, 08:26 PM
Scottish refs on strike cos they dinnae like gettin telt they’re rubbish by Neil Lennon etc! But cos it’s a “picket line” - your words- then somehow they are in the right :confused::confused:

Didn’t they go on strike cos they wanted a pay rise? Now they earn more than 60%* of the players in the league.

*i don’t know how accurate that stat is

Mr White
18-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Didn’t they go on strike cos they wanted a pay rise? Now they earn more than 60%* of the players in the league.

*i don’t know how accurate that stat is

No it was because NL kicked up a storm about an incident at Tannadice. The ref and linesman were subsequently proven to have colluded and lied about it IIRC so I'm not sure it could be argued they really had a right to go on strike and complain that their integrity had been called into question.

snooky
18-03-2018, 08:29 PM
There's no way I could honour a picket line with Craig Thomson in it.

Lancs Harp
18-03-2018, 08:43 PM
There's no way I could honour a picket line with Craig Thomson in it.

He would send you off anyway pal :wink:

brog
18-03-2018, 09:14 PM
No way was it a trip it was a deliberate kick with the ball.

[QUOTE=StevieCowan;5347818]Lunge - nope, stayed in control of himself.

I took a pic of the TV coverage of the foul but lack the ability to put on here. However, Alston is 3 to 4 yards away from the ball when he commits the foul, please stop calling it a tackle. His foot is actually about 3 feet off the ground but because SJM's leg is raised while he's running, the kick catches him just below knee height on the side & front. Incidentally Alston's back leg is also off the ground when he kicks John. If you truly believe what you've posted above perhaps you should change your user name to Stevie Wonder! Sorry! :greengrin

hibsbollah
18-03-2018, 09:19 PM