PDA

View Full Version : McGeouch injured?

we are hibs
16-03-2018, 05:38 PM
on sportsound he's out tonight after picking up an injury in training. hope its not serious

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2018, 05:41 PM
on sportsound he's out tonight after picking up an injury in training. hope its not seriousHeard that too...felt this was coming with all the talk over last week about his injury free spell...bloody jinxed him

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
16-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Hope it’s nothing serious and just precautionary so he doesn’t miss his. Scotland call up.

murray26
16-03-2018, 05:51 PM
We’ll miss him tonight.. hopefully nothing serious..

IGRIGI
16-03-2018, 05:51 PM
I can't be the only one with a dark side thinking it might put the competition off and put our contract offer in pole position...

BlackSheep
16-03-2018, 05:53 PM
I can't be the only one with a dark side thinking it might put the competition off and put our contract offer in pole position...

I did think it too... but thought I’d wait for someone else to raise the issue 😂

CmoantheHibs
16-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Hope it’s nothing serious and just precautionary so he doesn’t miss his. Scotland call up.
Hibs are his priority not Scotland. If we start making international call ups our priority then we have it all wrong,

Jim44
16-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Heard that too...felt this was coming with all the talk over last week about his injury free spell...bloody jinxed him

Unfortunately there’s no such thing as a jinx. The fact of the matter is, whether we like it or not, that he has and always will have an injury predisposition.

Borderhibbie76
16-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately there’s no such thing as a jinx. The fact of the matter is, whether we like it or not, that he has and always will have an injury predisposition.I wasn't being serious ....it was a knock in training yesterday...nothing to do with his previous issues

dp00
16-03-2018, 06:10 PM
I wasn't being serious ....it was a knock in training yesterday...nothing to do with his previous issues

Maybe he has already signed his contract and now the injuries are back [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Get well soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
16-03-2018, 06:26 PM
I did think it too... but thought I’d wait for someone else to raise the issue 😂
Me to, bit cowardly on my part.:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
16-03-2018, 06:28 PM

He's far too injury prone. Better staying where he is 😉

BlackSheep
16-03-2018, 06:30 PM
Hibs are his priority not Scotland. If we start making international call ups our priority then we have it all wrong,

When you are pulling out all the stops to get a player to sign a new contract then helping him out at such a time can go a long way.

murray26
16-03-2018, 06:36 PM
Lennon saying he’s a major doubt for the Scotland squad.. big blow and might be a bit worse than we 1st speculated.. fingers crossed it’s not.

andybev1
16-03-2018, 06:39 PM
adductor (groin) strain fior Dylan again - doubt for Scotland, said Lennon just now on BT Sport. Same Injury he has had for a while I think.

we are hibs
19-03-2018, 10:35 AM
joined up with the Scotland squad so looks like it was just a slight knock

MacGruber
19-03-2018, 11:05 AM
joined up with the Scotland squad so looks like it was just a slight knock

Hopefully but do they not join up anyway so they can be looked at by the national teams medics even when injured?

ian cruise
19-03-2018, 11:54 AM
adductor (groin) strain fior Dylan again - doubt for Scotland, said Lennon just now on BT Sport. Same Injury he has had for a while I think.

I did this in December and its so difficult to get over, he has my complete sympathy. The way St Johnstone were kicking us off the park the other night not a terrible thing he missed the game.

SirDavidsNapper
19-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Detest international football. Friendlies even more so. I know it's an honour for a pro to get a call up but for me i just spend the whole break crossing my fingers that none of our players come back injured. Good for Dylan to be in and around the squad but he shouldn't be playing.

Hibbyradge
19-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Detest international football. Friendlies even more so. I know it's an honour for a pro to get a call up but for me i just spend the whole break crossing my fingers that none of our players come back injured. Good for Dylan to be in and around the squad but he shouldn't be playing.

:hilarious

Champions League, Internationals.

What else is on your hate list? :greengrin

Golden Bear
19-03-2018, 12:28 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43441726

Jim44
20-03-2018, 03:57 PM
I don’t think any club should touch him with a barge pole. Not worth the risk. Leave him to stew at Hibs.:whistle:

BlackSheep
28-03-2018, 06:45 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-has-fingers-crossed-over-fitness-of-key-midfielders-1-4713860

Fingers crossed he is fit again.

JimBHibees
28-03-2018, 06:59 AM
Would be a huge worry for Saturday if Dylan and Bartley are out with SJM suspended. Will be interesting to see who would come in. Assume Danny Swanson.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2018, 07:00 AM
Would be a huge worry for Saturday if Dylan and Bartley are out with SJM suspended. Will be interesting to see who would come in. Assume Danny Swanson.

If they were both out along with McGinn, I’d expect Whittaker to start in midfield.

JimBHibees
28-03-2018, 07:04 AM
If they were both out along with McGinn, I’d expect Whittaker to start in midfield.

I think you are right. Would be a decent option just not sure how Danny and Scott Allan fit together in the same team.

rodhibs55
28-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Slivka back in training.

Sauzee16
28-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Chance for young Fraser?

J-C
28-03-2018, 08:33 AM
I think you are right. Would be a decent option just not sure how Danny and Scott Allan fit together in the same team.

Danny's very competent playing off the left, so there should be no problems there.

we are hibs
28-03-2018, 08:36 AM
i reckon one of either Bartley or McGeouch will be fit and i'd expect Swanson to come in and replace McGinn. Big chance for Swanson if he does get an opportunity the next couple of games.

Borderhibbie76
28-03-2018, 09:18 AM
i reckon one of either Bartley or McGeouch will be fit and i'd expect Swanson to come in and replace McGinn. Big chance for Swanson if he does get an opportunity the next couple of games.Indeed perhaps crunch time for Danny if he is to have a future with us...needs to take his chance over next couple of games

MacGruber
28-03-2018, 09:22 AM
Slivka back in training.

Are you asking or telling?..
Would be good to have him back

GreenOnions
28-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Maybe an opportunity for Ben Stirling? Lennon cancelled his loan deal to Cowdenbeath in January to have him in the squad. Defensive midfield? Anyone seen him play?

Billy Whizz
28-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Maybe an opportunity for Ben Stirling? Lennon cancelled his loan deal to Cowdenbeath in January to have him in the squad. Defensive midfield? Anyone seen him play?

Ben wont go straight into the team, expect him to be in the squad on Saturday though

Cod Boy
28-03-2018, 01:35 PM
Whittaker will play in midfield.

Sauzee16
28-03-2018, 06:00 PM
McGeouch is apparently training tomorrow and could make it and Bartley is a concern.

superfurryhibby
28-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Whittaker will play in midfield.

He won't.

Hopefully McGeouch returns, Swanson will probably start if Bartley isn't fit.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2018, 06:47 PM
He won't.

Hopefully McGeouch returns, Swanson will probably start if Bartley isn't fit.

Whittaker more likely to play in place of Bartley than Swanson is IMO. Played central midfield for the 20s last week, I’d imagine with the midfield injuries/suspensions in mind. Also played there for the first team in the league cup.

SChibs
28-03-2018, 08:58 PM
I have heard mcgeouch will be fit for Saturday and is also close to signing a new deal

ancient hibee
28-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Been to the pub?:greengrin

SON OF PADDY
28-03-2018, 09:44 PM
I have heard mcgeouch will be fit for Saturday and is also close to signing a new deal

You do know the punishment for telling porkies, don't you ? 😉

Chinese burn's 😁😁

SChibs
29-03-2018, 04:42 PM
You do know the punishment for telling porkies, don't you ? 😉

Chinese burn's 😁😁

If I say it's a 2 year deal is that 2 Chinese burns?

Sauzee16
29-03-2018, 04:45 PM
They way Lennon is sounding on the Beeb it doesn’t appear to be very hopeful.

Slim Shady
29-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Ben wont go straight into the team, expect him to be in the squad on Saturday though

I’d have preferred Scott Martin back and to start.

Billy Whizz
30-03-2018, 09:06 AM
I’d have preferred Scott Martin back and to start.

Scott is on a development loan at arbroath, plays for them on a Saturday, and Hibs under 20’s through the week
Ben fully deserves his place in the squad

snooky
30-03-2018, 01:59 PM
They way Lennon is sounding on the Beeb it doesn’t appear to be very hopeful.

NL reportedly saying talks not ongoing but not at a stand-off. :Ummm: ?

I wonder if NL will do a 'Fyvie' at some point? :hmmm:

ancient hibee
30-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Maybe means they’re finished?

Sauzee16
30-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Maybe means they’re finished?

"It is still up in the air, but that is his right, and his agent's right," Lennon added. "Talks are not ongoing at the minute, but I wouldn't say it has reached a stand-off either.
"It is still very open to debate whether he is going to be here or not next season."

Liberal Hibby
30-03-2018, 03:03 PM
"It is still up in the air, but that is his right, and his agent's right," Lennon added. "Talks are not ongoing at the minute, but I wouldn't say it has reached a stand-off either.
"It is still very open to debate whether he is going to be here or not next season."

It means he's considering our offer.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2018, 03:14 PM
NL reportedly saying talks not ongoing but not at a stand-off. :Ummm: ?

I wonder if NL will do a 'Fyvie' at some point? :hmmm:

I hope not.

McGeouch should be given all the time he wants to consider our offer. On his day (which has been more often than not whenever he has been fully fit) he's one of the best midfielders in the country.

We shouldn't be losing him unless it's his decision to leave.

Tom Hart RIP
30-03-2018, 03:17 PM
According to NL Dylan has recovered and they were assessing him yesterday so touch and go for Saturday

bingo70
30-03-2018, 03:21 PM
I hope not.

McGeouch should be given all the time he wants to consider our offer. On his day (which has been more often than not whenever he has been fully fit) he's one of the best midfielders in the country.

I agree to an extent however there has to come a point we push him for a decision so we can plan for next season.

green day
30-03-2018, 03:23 PM
I agree to an extent however there has to come a point we push him for a decision so we can plan for next season.

Yep, if there is a contract on the table, I doubt if its the first one offered at this stage (as, presumably his current one runs out end of May?)

We might already be at the stage you describe - but nobody is saying it in public.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2018, 03:27 PM

So does he though so I doubt if it will go on for that much longer.

I think we'll know by the end of the season if he intends to sign the new contract or not.

BlackSheep
30-03-2018, 03:44 PM

It makes no difference if he signs today or the last day of the season/of his contract, NL and hibs will already be recruiting a potential replacement and if he signs then we will not pursue said replacement.

Just because no one have explicitly said so doesn’t mean it isn’t happening behind the scenes.

Billy Whizz
30-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Absolutely. The fans are backing the club in great numbers again. The club need to let us know what’s happening as well!
Don’t want to see the team getting dismantled, without top replacements coming in

bingo70
30-03-2018, 03:48 PM
It makes no difference if he signs today or the last day of the season/of his contract, NL and hibs will already be recruiting a potential replacement and if he signs then we will not pursue said replacement.

Just because no one have explicitly said so doesn’t mean it isn’t happening behind the scenes.

What if the potential replacement has other options and wants a decision from us?

snooky
30-03-2018, 04:36 PM
I hope not.

I disagree. It is a bit like Fyfie in a way. Hibs should think of Hibs first (and to be fair, DM himself too) however, I would hate to think we end up with the situation he signs for someone else mid-window or near the end of it. IMO, he should give us an answer within good time for us to find a replacement. If he doesn't, we should assume he is going and withdraw the contract offer.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2018, 05:17 PM
I disagree. It is a bit like Fyfie in a way. Hibs should think of Hibs first (and to be fair, DM himself too) however, I would hate to think we end up with the situation he signs for someone else mid-window or near the end of it. IMO, he should give us an answer within good time for us to find a replacement. If he doesn't, we should assume he is going and withdraw the contract offer.

McGeouch is far more important to us than Fraser Fyvie ever was.

By all means we should be putting a bit of pressure on him and his agent to give us a decision but there is no way we should be formally withdrawing a contract offer to arguably our best player.

ancient hibee
30-03-2018, 08:29 PM
In a way it is withdrawn.The contract has been offered and McGeouch hasn’t accepted it.Hibs have said “that’s the offer”and there are no ongoing talks.McGeouch wants more of something,money or years.Hibs aren’t offering more.McGeouch’s agent will try and get more from other clubs and probably will.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-03-2018, 09:20 PM
I hope not.

No chance. I’m a massive fan and really hope he signs but let’s not be mugs here. “Should be given all the time”. We’ve got to plan for next season, he’s been offered a few deals and at some point we’ll need to move on to a replacement if he’s not going to sign.

Sir David Gray
30-03-2018, 09:24 PM
No chance. I’m a massive fan and really hope he signs but let’s not be mugs here. “Should be given all the time”. We’ve got to plan for next season, he’s been offered a few deals and at some point we’ll need to move on to a replacement if he’s not going to sign.

Like I said earlier, McGeouch will also need to plan for next season so I highly doubt it will drag on until pre-season or anything like that.

I would fully expect him to have made his decision by the end of the season.

BlackSheep
30-03-2018, 09:36 PM
What if the potential replacement has other options and wants a decision from us?

I'm pretty sure we don't put all our eggs in one basket when recruiting.

B.H.F.C
30-03-2018, 09:41 PM
I'm pretty sure we don't put all our eggs in one basket when recruiting.

No we won’t. But replacing someone like McGeough means you’re looking for a good player. And those type of players won’t be sitting around waiting on us to decide what we’re doing.

SON OF PADDY
30-03-2018, 09:45 PM
If I say it's a 2 year deal is that 2 Chinese burns?

If he actually signs !
It's two Chinese meals on me.
😉

Billy Whizz
30-03-2018, 09:49 PM

I agree with this. I’ve said regularly over the last season or so, he’s my favourite Hibs player, love to watch him play!
Dylan or his agent are obviously looking at other options or he’d have signed on by now. Dylan don’t muck Hibs and the fans around, let us know if you’re going to sign or not.

If not not, let Hibs know please, and we can all move on

SON OF PADDY
30-03-2018, 09:52 PM
I hope not.

Maybe McGeouch should speak to Fraser Fyvie !
Mr Lennon did'nt hang around for him ?
Just saying likes.👀

J-C
31-03-2018, 07:00 AM
I'd imagine Hibs have offered a very decent package to Dylan and won't be held to ransom, it'll be within our wage structure and won't be short changing him. I'd be disappointed if he didn't sign but Hibs will be here long after Dylan goes, we move on and get someone who wants to be here, the fact that he's stalling isn't good.

Ozyhibby
31-03-2018, 07:17 AM
I'd imagine Hibs have offered a very decent package to Dylan and won't be held to ransom, it'll be within our wage structure and won't be short changing him. I'd be disappointed if he didn't sign but Hibs will be here long after Dylan goes, we move on and get someone who wants to be here, the fact that he's stalling isn't good.

Our wage structure is bound to be changing quite a bit given the way our crowds have been. I’d hope to see a real lift in quality of our signings this summer.

J-C
31-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Our wage structure is bound to be changing quite a bit given the way our crowds have been. I’d hope to see a real lift in quality of our signings this summer.

True but we can't be going too mad wage wise and can't be held to ransom either. He'll have been offered a wage comparable with other top players at the club and no more.

we are hibs
31-03-2018, 08:06 AM
Maybe McGeouch should speak to Fraser Fyvie !
Mr Lennon did'nt hang around for him ?
Just saying likes.👀

He didn't hang around for him because he wasn't worth the hassle or wait, McGeouch is.

WoreTheGreen
31-03-2018, 08:16 AM
If he actually signs !
It's two Chinese meals on me.
😉

Would rather eat them out the wee tinfoil tubs

Ozyhibby
31-03-2018, 08:18 AM
True but we can't be going too mad wage wise and can't be held to ransom either. He'll have been offered a wage comparable with other top players at the club and no more.

I wasn’t specifically meaning McGeogh. Just thinking out loud. We will be taking in an extra £2.5m more than in summer 2016. That’s a lot of money at our level.

Austinho
31-03-2018, 08:23 AM
Could the club be waiting to see how much we get for McGinn before possibly offering McGeough a larger wage?

Does anyone know who the highest paid player at the club is?

superfurryhibby
31-03-2018, 08:39 AM
I agree with this. I’ve said regularly over the last season or so, he’s my favourite Hibs player, love to watch him play!
Dylan or his agent are obviously looking at other options or he’d have signed on by now. Dylan don’t muck Hibs and the fans around, let us know if you’re going to sign or not.

If not not, let Hibs know please, and we can all move on

Maybe he already has oet Hibs know?

Want Dylan to sign up, but not at any cost. Hopefully his injury clears up but if he misses the next run of games, mibbies we might develop a bit perspective. Cuts both ways and there will be fewer suitors if he isn't playing.

SON OF PADDY
31-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Would rather eat them out the wee tinfoil tubs

Brilliant 😂😆🤣