PDA

View Full Version : Footie rumours..some hibs

CRAZYHIBBY
16-03-2018, 08:37 AM
Not starting a rumour for the hell of it but i was taking to an auld dude in the pub last night ....a pars fan actually and he was saying lees days are numbered and that he could be offloaded in the summer....also said that rodgers might be lined up for the arsenal job and that lennon could be on his way back to celtic....... the auld dude is 87 but sharp as a tack... the knowledge he has of scottish football is incredible he almost knew the names of every player in each team .... he went to george bests debut with his dad and talked of Stein turnbull stanton .. the 91 cup final and just loads of stuff

Just Jimmy
16-03-2018, 09:03 AM
Not starting a rumour for the hell of it but i was taking to an auld dude in the pub last night ....a pars fan actually and he was saying lees days are numbered and that he could be offloaded in the summer....also said that rodgers might be lined up for the arsenal job and that lennon could be on his way back to celtic....... the auld dude is 87 but sharp as a tack... the knowledge he has of scottish football is incredible he almost knew the names of every player in each team .... he went to george bests debut with his dad and talked of Stein turnbull stanton .. the 91 cup final and just loads of stuffCredible source then... [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
16-03-2018, 09:14 AM
More speculation than a rumour!

Thecat23
16-03-2018, 09:17 AM
It wouldn’t be a shock that when Rodgers goes Lennon will be one of of favs to get it. But they will also have other targets in mind to try take them on again from Rodgers.

Griffiths I think will be off down south.

Sauzee16
16-03-2018, 09:18 AM
Who’s Lee?

.Sean.
16-03-2018, 09:24 AM
Lee who?

Spudster
16-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Presumably £18,000 per week Leigh? so no relevance to Hibs !

Hibbyradge
16-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Not starting a rumour for the hell of it but i was taking to an auld dude in the pub last night ....a pars fan actually and he was saying lees days are numbered and that he could be offloaded in the summer....also said that rodgers might be lined up for the arsenal job and that lennon could be on his way back to celtic....... the auld dude is 87 but sharp as a tack... the knowledge he has of scottish football is incredible he almost knew the names of every player in each team .... he went to george bests debut with his dad and talked of Stein turnbull stanton .. the 91 cup final and just loads of stuff

He's good at listening to, and repeating, pub football speculation about football too, by the sounds of it.

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2018, 09:45 AM
So an 87 year old guy in a pub has contacts at Arsenal? Hmmm

Pretty Boy
16-03-2018, 09:47 AM
I like rumours like this. An old boy in a pub doing things the old fashioned way. A lot more fun than people acting like they are Sky Sport presenters and using insufferable cliches and jargon.

SirDavidsNapper
16-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Such is the demand and over inflated egos of top EPL club owners i highly doubt Rodgers would get the Arsenal job. Could see him eventually going to an Everton or Newcastle. Not that he isn't good enough, i think he's a terrific man manager. Lennon back to Celtic will be a strong possibility when Rodgers leaves but again i feel Celtic will look for someone they perceive as better.

Greenbeard
16-03-2018, 10:55 AM
Can't see NL going back to the Tic and all the personal hassle and snash that would entail. But I did hear in the pub that he's setting himself up for leaving the Hibs job and alternative employment by doing the SFA's referees' course.

Mac_17
16-03-2018, 11:02 AM
I cant see Lennon going back to Tic, to much hassle for him.

Think he would leave us for something decent down south, not sure that he go the best chance down south with Bolton.

I was worried that if O'Neil left Northern Ireland that Neil would maybe go for that job.

hibee_nation
16-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Does he deliver the fish to ER by any chance.

Jones28
16-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Why would NL go back to Celtic? He had a good four years there but got so much hassle and the Celtic board didn't match his ambitions with spending big to compete in Europe. Not a lot has changed.

snooky
16-03-2018, 11:47 AM

I saw the famous five* and I'm nowhere near 87.

*Okay, I was only 4 or 5 at the time. :dummytit:

cabbageandribs1875
16-03-2018, 12:12 PM
I cant see Lennon going back to Tic, to much hassle for him.

Think he would leave us for something decent down south, not sure that he go the best chance down south with Bolton.

I was worried that if O'Neil left Northern Ireland that Neil would maybe go for that job.

you must be joking, he was chased out by the vile bigots just for playing with them after moving to sellick, hence i now want norn ireland to lose every game until the earth collapses

SirDavidsNapper
16-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Why would NL go back to Celtic? He had a good four years there but got so much hassle and the Celtic board didn't match his ambitions with spending big to compete in Europe. Not a lot has changed.

He's a Celtic supporter. Biggest club in Scotland, regular trophies, emotional attachment and all that

Anti-hoofbaw
16-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Is he yin o they auld ****s who puts yin hand up on the tiles and grips his coak wi his hand the other way roond when taking a pish ?

Leith Green
16-03-2018, 12:30 PM
So in a nutshell , Leigh is going to be offloaded by a manager who will no longer be there to offload him because he will be managing another side , but will be offloaded anyway prior to the manager who actually signed him in the 1st place being made manager 😂

Do you really believe that ?

green day
16-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Is he yin o they auld ****s who puts yin hand up on the tiles and grips his coak wi his hand the other way roond when taking a pish ?

.....and groans while trying to pish in a way that worries me he's going to peg oot on a pishy big floor? Aye, I cannae be arsed with them either 😂😂

Since90+2
16-03-2018, 12:52 PM
I would guess Lennon would jump at the chance to go back to Celtic if it ever came up. He would probably aleast treble his wage , have a far higher transfer budget , would be competing regularly in the Champions or Europa League and with Rangers being weak he would probably lead them to 10 in a row. If Celtic want him then unfortunately I dont think there will be alot we could do about it.

SouthMoroccoStu
16-03-2018, 12:56 PM
you must be joking, he was chased out by the vile bigots just for playing with them after moving to sellick, hence i now want norn ireland to lose every game until the earth collapses

Same Northern Ireland who have a large number of supporters that wear linfield and rangers shirts instead of the country’s top because it’s green

They’re off their trolley over there. He’s well rid

snooky
16-03-2018, 02:43 PM

:faf:

An observationist at his best :top marks

scotiaf
16-03-2018, 05:06 PM
:faf:

An observationist at his best :top marks

I have to appreciate this also. That is a grade A comment

Niffy
16-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Into football are you son. I was a player 35 years man and boy. Toughest job in the world.

Did he put Frank Sinatra on the juke box ?

et_hibby
16-03-2018, 09:37 PM
I have to appreciate this also. That is a grade A comment

Beyond good, yes.

Greenfly
16-03-2018, 09:49 PM

This guy sounds more and more like Jim Traynor.

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2018, 09:57 PM

Did he tell you he pumped Gina Lollobrigidain the summer of 58 as well?

Anti-hoofbaw
17-03-2018, 01:26 AM
This guy sounds more and more like Jim Traynor.

He pished on his Traynor's.

Swedish hibee
17-03-2018, 01:42 AM
There is no way Wenger will leave Arsenal.