View Full Version : Yams Yams playing budget cut?

16-03-2018, 01:29 AM
Did anyone else hear Levein on sportsound admit their budget will be cut next season?
Talking about the money still to be spent on the stand he said that the budget won’t be cut ‘drastically’ and there won’t be ‘too much of a cut’.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

16-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Did anyone else hear Levein on sportsound admit their budget will be cut next season?
Talking about the money still to be spent on the stand he said that the budget won’t be cut ‘drastically’ and there won’t be ‘too much of a cut’.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

Think it will depend on who they get rid of and who they can sell. I believe they are open to offers on anyone. Souttar for example

16-03-2018, 09:38 AM
As I keep saying.

Budge has made it clear her top priority is building/moving the Nursery.

16-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Said on STV news last night he doesn't expect the budget to be cut!

16-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Canny wait for these 10 new 'players'.

World Cup stars, internationals, creative goal scoring midfielder, two centre halves, left back, new striker.

Oh ma sides..........

16-03-2018, 11:02 AM

World Cup stars, internationals, creative goal scoring midfielder, two centre halves, left back, new striker.

Oh ma sides..........

Maybe it'll be the start of their domination of Scottish football

16-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Hopefully the verb will be "scythed" or "decimated"

Don't think I can handle the prospect of another transfer window like January, with them stocking their squad full of quality we can but dream of...

16-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Sure he didn’t say it wouldn’t be cut drastically?
No matter what, they’ll still be *****.

16-03-2018, 11:07 AM

It will obviously be cut. The problem is, when you are dependent on funding from your own fans you can never publicly say this. Ever. Why would anybody pay more money for an inferior product? All you do is trigger the sinking ship syndrome.

I’ve a feeling that Hearts business model and the credibility of fan ownership and the Budge regime will be called into question and severely tested next term. Big close season for Hearts.

16-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Does this mean after every derby win we'll get a wee chat about resources?

16-03-2018, 11:43 AM
It will obviously be cut. The problem is, when you are dependent on funding from your own fans you can never publicly say this. Ever. Why would anybody pay more money for an inferior product? All you do is trigger the sinking ship syndrome.

I’ve a feeling that Hearts business model and the credibility of fan ownership and the Budge regime will be called into question and severely tested next term. Big close season for Hearts.

They only turned on Pie Man because he pointed out the blinding obvious about Tynie.

I can’t imagine the Yamsheep challenging their club about anything else. They’ll just carry on following, denying the obvious reality in front of their eyes.

16-03-2018, 12:31 PM
They only turned on Pie Man because he pointed out the blinding obvious about Tynie.

I can’t imagine the Yamsheep challenging their club about anything else. They’ll just carry on following, denying the obvious reality in front of their eyes.

No chance they will cut back on player budget. After finishing behind us their fans will not accept it. They will cut back on many things, including safety in their new stand, but not on their squad.

16-03-2018, 12:59 PM
They will try to sell their ‘stars’ to help fund the completion of the new rust bucket. Levein will get some to use for loan players.

16-03-2018, 01:02 PM
It doesn't matter what their budget is, Levein will continue to spend it badly.

16-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Malady Martin is still contracted to the summer of 2020, he's one of their top earners, and he can't get into a first team midfield of teenagers and cloggers. I doubt he'll be up for a renegotiation...

16-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Bringing in £300k for Jamie Walker, then tossing that same £300k amount away on covering part of the wages of Steven Naismith for 4 months has to be one of the worst deals in Edinburgh football history.

If Alan Partridge ever replaces Scott Wilson as the voice of Hearts, they'll have to start the video with...

Crash, Bang, Wallop, What A Strategy

Green Badger
16-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Bringing in £300k for Jamie Walker, then tossing that same £300k amount away on covering part of the wages of Steven Naismith for 4 months has to be one of the worst deals in Edinburgh football history.

If Alan Partridge ever replaces Scott Wilson as the voice of Hearts, they'll have to start the video with...

How much are they paying him??

EH54
16-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Regardless of top 6 there home games from now to end of season will be well down, even more so if they finish outside the top 6 which will make another dent think they thought build and they will come Hibs went through the same and Hearts are going to suffer for it too.

16-03-2018, 02:54 PM
if only they had this:

16-03-2018, 06:05 PM
How much are they paying him??

Mikey Stewart said it was £8k per week when he was on the radio on Monday night.

16-03-2018, 06:17 PM
Mikey Stewart said it was £8k per week when he was on the radio on Monday night.

😂😂😂😂

16-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Hopefully the verb will be "scythed" or "decimated"

Don't think I can handle the prospect of another transfer window like January, with them stocking their squad full of quality we can but dream of...The last 2 January windows...they have fair shown us up with their quality signings...oh ma sides

16-03-2018, 06:22 PM
They put it all on Naismith in order to get at least a Hampden trip along with Europe and top 3 or 4 and they are getting the square root of f all of that.

Pleasing.

16-03-2018, 06:29 PM
No chance they will cut back on player budget. After finishing behind us their fans will not accept it. They will cut back on many things, including safety in their new stand, but not on their squad.

What will they do?

Write a strongly worded letter?
Kick some hats down the road?

Terrifying I’m sure.

16-03-2018, 06:29 PM

Liquid football!!!

16-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Let's face it, they are an utter shambles of a club on and off the park but you know them, it's like reading a book you have read a 100 times, you know they will get bailed out by some mugs like the Roseberry's, and they have the cheek to slag off STF?

Cheating *******s the lot of them.

16-03-2018, 11:12 PM
What will they do?

Write a strongly worded letter?
Kick some hats down the road?

Terrifying I’m sure.

What they always do - bend over and say "please".

stonewaller1875
16-03-2018, 11:31 PM

Oh ma sides..........Sounds familiar

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

17-03-2018, 12:18 AM
I have no doubt their 'Mystery Donor' will once again dip into his/hers obvious wealth so that once again, Hearts are fielding players of a level way outwith their financial capabilities !

17-03-2018, 04:45 AM
I have no doubt their 'Mystery Donor' will once again dip into his/hers obvious wealth so that once again, Hearts are fielding players of a level way outwith their financial capabilities !

They are still numpties though!

17-03-2018, 10:58 AM
They are still numpties though!

See that's the thing. I don't mind them not understanding why they are living outwith their means, I can accept that (constant) stupidity, it's when they think they're morally ok to do that (and even entitled to do so) that steams my clams.

18-03-2018, 07:18 AM
I do feel rather sorry for Craig Levein as he has inherited a threadbare squad of substandard players from the Cathro era. It’s a pity that they didn’t have an experienced Director of Football to oversee the transfer policy over the last few years.

Hang on though!