PDA

View Full Version : Lennon ban

Last Minute
15-03-2018, 02:29 PM
3 match and 2 suspended

MWHIBBIES
15-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Imagine the ban he would have received if he was protesting a decision that was actually right.

Referee should have the ban, not Lennon.

Andy.1875
15-03-2018, 02:32 PM
3 match and 2 suspended

Is the first one this Friday?

cabbageandribs1875
15-03-2018, 02:33 PM
any mention of a ban for the incompetent kevin ******* Clancy

renato
15-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Out of interest, what did Potter get for his sarcastic clap when he got sent to the stand?

Pretty Boy
15-03-2018, 02:37 PM
What games has Clancy reffed since? If he's been chucked into the lower leagues and being paid less as a result it suggest the powers that be know NL had a point.

Sauzee16
15-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Is the first one this Friday?

Yes.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-03-2018, 02:42 PM
So ( and excuse my stupidity ) is that 3 game ban total, 2 of which are suspended - so 1 game if he behaves himself. Or 5 game ban with 2 suspended?

Sauzee16
15-03-2018, 02:42 PM
What games has Clancy reffed since? If he's been chucked into the lower leagues and being paid less as a result it suggest the powers that be know NL had a point.

Regardless of that he already had a 2 game suspended ban activated otherwise it would have just have been a one game ban for being sent to the stand. You can’t really complain about the conclusion that’s why I don’t think Lennon attended.

Sauzee16
15-03-2018, 02:43 PM
So ( and excuse my stupidity ) is that 3 game ban total, 2 of which are suspended - so 1 game if he behaves himself. Or 5 game ban with 2 suspended?

3 game ban 2 games suspended.

2 games activates from the last suspended ban.

3 games in total, 2 more suspended.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Cheers Sauzee!

To also answer my own question

Neil Lennon has received a three match immediate ban by the Scottish FA following the recent away match against Kilmarnock, with a further two-match suspended ban in place. - from the Hibs website

givescotlandfreedom
15-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Out of interest, what did Potter get for his sarcastic clap when he got sent to the stand?

Not sure about that or him lashing out at Martin Boyle

we are hibs
15-03-2018, 02:46 PM

just checked, he has the hamilton game this weekend.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-03-2018, 03:02 PM
just checked, he has the hamilton game this weekend.

So top flight football at the same rate of pay

Lennon should have smacked him. At least that would deserve a ban. He's being mostly punished for his post match comments. All of which are correct and supported by video evidence and fellow professionals and pundits

Especially when he's ( Kevin Clancy ) made 3 big decisions against us this season - all wrong

No human error or incompetence- Clancy is a cheat

Stokesy's on fire
15-03-2018, 03:02 PM
the SFA are a total shambles. shocking decision.

JimBHibees
15-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Not sure about that or him lashing out at Martin Boyle

What I was thinking? Levein given his attitude and not being shy about calling out refs seems for some reason to be untouchable. His pushing of Boyle and Barker should have seen a ban of some sort but no nothing to see here. Lennon has been badly dealt with IMO.

JimBHibees
15-03-2018, 03:12 PM
So top flight football at the same rate of pay

Lennon should have smacked him. At least that would deserve a ban. He's being mostly punished for his post match comments. All of which are correct and supported by video evidence and fellow professionals and pundits

Especially when he's ( Kevin Clancy ) made 3 big decisions against us this season - all wrong

No human error or incompetence- Clancy is a cheat

What are the 3 can only think of penalties v rangers and killie?

Keith_M
15-03-2018, 03:16 PM

Don't you mean when he was sent to stand two steps higher up, directly behind the Dugout, because he refused to go to the 'Director's Box'?

Oh and sarcastic applause of the referee is only deemed an offense to Hibs Managers...

https://www.snsgroup.co.uk/p/167/2-12-17-ladbrokes-premiership-hearts-v-hamilton-14471975.jpg

southern hibby
15-03-2018, 03:50 PM
Tin hat firmly on here. NL was correct by his comments but there are certain ways to go about it. For instance when asked about what he thought about a certain decision it’s easy enough to say I’ll be writing to the SFA and we’ll see if they invite me in to discuss the decision mentioned.

Straight away it’s out there he’s not happy about a decision, then pressures on SFA straight away to act as next interview he can say the same thing about writing in but probably not worth it as he’s heard nothing back etc from first decision.

I’m firmly in the camp of treating referees with respect and it should only be captains and managers that talk to them. If it was brought in to move the ball forward like Rugby does if arguing with Ref then I would welcome that with open arms.

Do not think for one moment the refs in Scotland are any good most are useless, but what I find interesting is how many folk from all football teams ( myself included so I am a hypocrite too ) don’t get of their backside do the refs course and become one too and change the standard of refs from within.

Might be wrong here but believe if your a good enough ( and let’s be honest can’t be hard with our standard ) you would soon be on £800-£850 a game. Then maybe just maybe managers wouldn’t argue with the correct decisions.

GGTTH

Sauzee16
15-03-2018, 03:58 PM
The charge against his comments got completely dropped.

It was for acting in an aggressive manner on or next to the field of play.

SirDavidsNapper
15-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Tin hat firmly on here. NL was correct by his comments but there are certain ways to go about it. For instance when asked about what he thought about a certain decision it’s easy enough to say I’ll be writing to the SFA and we’ll see if they invite me in to discuss the decision mentioned.

Straight away it’s out there he’s not happy about a decision, then pressures on SFA straight away to act as next interview he can say the same thing about writing in but probably not worth it as he’s heard nothing back etc from first decision.

I’m firmly in the camp of treating referees with respect and it should only be captains and managers that talk to them. If it was brought in to move the ball forward like Rugby does if arguing with Ref then I would welcome that with open arms.

Do not think for one moment the refs in Scotland are any good most are useless, but what I find interesting is how many folk from all football teams ( myself included so I am a hypocrite too ) don’t get of their backside do the refs course and become one too and change the standard of refs from within.

Might be wrong here but believe if your a good enough ( and let’s be honest can’t be hard with our standard ) you would soon be on £800-£850 a game. Then maybe just maybe managers wouldn’t argue with the correct decisions.

GGTTH

Agree. He can't go screaming in the referees face and he knows that. He lost it whether he was wrong or right. Hopefully the three games go ok without him in the dugout.

southern hibby
15-03-2018, 04:06 PM
The charge against his comments got completely dropped.

It was for acting in an aggressive manner on or next to the field of play.

Doesn’t delete my comments any if the standard of refs were better the likelihood of this happening would be slimmer. What I’m trying to say is even though the Ref was wrong with his decision that doesn’t make it exceptable for NL comments or actions, only he is responsible for those.

If and let’s be honest here he was manager of another team would we as a Hibs support be so understanding of his comments or actions? Right, wrong or indifferent we have now lost him for 3 games to the stand.

GGTTH

neil7908
15-03-2018, 04:06 PM

No need to worry, Neil Doncaster is on the board now so that'll be everything sorted out...

hibbysam
15-03-2018, 04:22 PM
3 game ban 2 games suspended.

2 games activates from the last suspended ban.

3 games in total, 2 more suspended.

He never got any games because of his last ban. That suspension ended in December. He got 5 games for this incident alone, 2 suspended.

majorhibs
15-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Agree. He can't go screaming in the referees face and he knows that. He lost it whether he was wrong or right. Hopefully the three games go ok without him in the dugout.

How high pitched was your version of “scream”? How many decibels was your version of “scream”? Behave you & the rest wi “scream” ffs!

hibbyfraelibby
15-03-2018, 05:38 PM
He never got any games because of his last ban. That suspension ended in December. He got 5 games for this incident alone, 2 suspended.

Correct. His outburst at Killie was just a few weeks after the last ban conditions expired. He was obviously biting his tongue for a year but eventually let loose once that threat was lifted.

He was censured for his comments about Clancy, attracting no ban, indicating that the disciplinary committee agreed with him so smacked his wrist i stead. Clancy will have got that message loud and clear. No UEFA goodies for him next season methinks.

Jones28
15-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Anyone saying he shouldn't be banned is kidding themselves FFS

Greenbeard
15-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Get real. What did you expect the SFA to do? Congratulate him for getting right in the face of a ref? Poor from Lennon and he has admitted it. Doesn't matter how bad the ref's decison was, what he did deserved punishment. At the time, I'd only just been saying to various folk, having seen him on a flight to Dublin to be a pundit for RTE's Champions League coverage, how much he had matured and mellowed and in doing so gained much respect. Then within days he reverts to being Mr Angry. Fair enough, be angry at crappy refereeing but he will have known a ban was coming as soon as he was in Clancy's face. Surprised Hibs did not say anything publicly at the time but I wonder if they did privately. Any employer who has an employee behave in the course of his employment in such a disrespectful manner in such a public way, and in so doing bring the club into disrepute, would normally act. Hope it is a one-off 'cos Lennon in the stand for three games minimum is not good for the team.

green day
15-03-2018, 06:47 PM
He's getting a pounding on sportsound right now. Kris Commons the only one sticking up for him.

where'stheslope
15-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Don't you mean when he was sent to stand two steps higher up, directly behind the Dugout, because he refused to go to the 'Director's Box'?

Oh and sarcastic applause of the referee is only deemed an offense to Hibs Managers...

https://www.snsgroup.co.uk/p/167/2-12-17-ladbrokes-premiership-hearts-v-hamilton-14471975.jpg

Hate to say it, but Leiven is doing it behind the refs back (coward), Neil was in the refs face when he did it!
To me its down to basic manners, if you had a go in the same way as Neil did in a pub you would be decked, right or wrong decision!!!
I still think he got off lightly, if the powers wanted to they could have made a scapegoat out of him!!!!

Spike Mandela
15-03-2018, 07:06 PM
He's getting a pounding on sportsound right now. Kris Commons the only one sticking up for him.

Yeah, heard that, some actually frothing at the mouth about disrespect to referees and an example should be set.

The same people who refused to discuss, ever, the SFA punishing Rangers for the biggest scandal in British footall.

These people should be ignored, as should the SFA who surely nobody could ever take serious on rules or discipline.

IGRIGI
15-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Surprised Hibs did not say anything publicly at the time but I wonder if they did privately. Any employer who has an employee behave in the course of his employment in such a disrespectful manner in such a public way, and in so doing bring the club into disrepute, would normally act.

Away ye ****ing go. This is the sort of soft as ***** patter that we needed rid of pronto years ago.

WhileTheChief..
15-03-2018, 07:24 PM
3 match ban? Well worth it.

I trust Lennon will do similar again the next time we’re cheated out of the win. Keep it up.

majorhibs
15-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Hate to say it, but Leiven is doing it behind the refs back (coward), Neil was in the refs face when he did it!
To me its down to basic manners, if you had a go in the same way as Neil did in a pub you would be decked, right or wrong decision!!!
I still think he got off lightly, if the powers wanted to they could have made a scapegoat out of him!!!!

Basic manners? Victorian nonsense kindae lost an empire, here’s you thinking potter behind refs backs good, NL in face gettin off lightly! Big seriously here! Thank F I no longer live in the UK with the way the population is now! Who could you ever take seriously?
NL did not get off lightly, Scottish “refs” & agenda clancy got off lightly!

guthrie01
15-03-2018, 07:38 PM
3 match ban? Well worth it.

I trust Lennon will do similar again the next time we’re cheated out of the win. Keep it up.

I’m sure the mistake at Killie was down to Clancy’s total incompetence rather than cheating

Lennon can shout at the refs for the next 100 games and nothing will likely change

Reliable VAR is the best way to help refs out, shouting in their face does nothing but cause harm to us without him in the dugout.

Also Lennon himself said he regretted his actions towards Clancy

renato
15-03-2018, 07:51 PM

Yep, exactly...

WhileTheChief..
15-03-2018, 08:51 PM
I’m sure the mistake at Killie was down to Clancy’s total incompetence rather than cheating

Lennon can shout at the refs for the next 100 games and nothing will likely change

Reliable VAR is the best way to help refs out, shouting in their face does nothing but cause harm to us without him in the dugout.

Also Lennon himself said he regretted his actions towards Clancy

All sensible points.

I’m just being an irrational fan!!!

The Spaceman
15-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Really don't think we can have any complaints. I am glad he did it as was a statement to the SPFL/SFA that we will not stand for this ****, but yeah footballers/managers need to learn to respect the referees in general - see rugby.

majorhibs
15-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Yep, exactly...

Levein under carpet. Lennon big ban. Who is favoured? Not Hibs manager over potter, that’s for sure!

hhibs
16-03-2018, 12:23 AM
Basic manners? Victorian nonsense kindae lost an empire, here’s you thinking potter behind refs backs good, NL in face gettin off lightly! Big seriously here! Thank F I no longer live in the UK with the way the population is now! Who could you ever take seriously?
NL did not get off lightly, Scottish “refs” & agenda clancy got off lightly!

Well said.

Hi Heid Yin
16-03-2018, 12:42 AM
It could have been a lot worse. A 3 game ban is about right.
I like to think that the SFA took onboard the mitigating circumstances that drove Neil Lennon to lose his rag - namely the controversial and major decisions against our club by the same referee.

Stuart93
16-03-2018, 01:13 AM
NL was right to be punished, certain ways managers should go about things and his conduct at killie wasn't one of them HOWEVER the SFA is totally corrupt & inept when it comes to refereeing decisions.

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2018, 01:20 AM
A bloody hero. Send the Masonic cartel of bigots who oppose him to the furnaces of hell!

Danderhall Hibs
16-03-2018, 06:27 AM

I had a look at a couple of sites and it seems as though his only game since Killie was on Tuesday night when he reffed Dunfermline v ICT.

So a 2/3 week suspension and then a demotion to the championship? Seems fair.

HH81
17-03-2018, 01:16 PM
With his ban is he allowed in the dressing room before and at half time?

Is it just a touchline ban?

Borderhibbie76
17-03-2018, 02:42 PM
NL was right to be punished, certain ways managers should go about things and his conduct at killie wasn't one of them HOWEVER the SFA is totally corrupt & inept when it comes to refereeing decisions.Spot.on on both counts [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sauzee16
17-03-2018, 05:32 PM
With his ban is he allowed in the dressing room before and at half time?

Is it just a touchline ban?

No.

Velma Dinkley
17-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Spot.on on both counts [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The points contradict each other. The football authorities are corrupt. Everyone knows it and nothing changes. What can be done about it?

Callum_62
17-03-2018, 08:09 PM
Apparently the refs union are appealing his sentence as too lenient :rolleyes:

Clerie Green
17-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Devil worshipping , black lodge , knuckle knocking barstewards one and all !
Happy St Patrick’s Day , God Bless You all .

poolman
17-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Get real. What did you expect the SFA to do? Congratulate him for getting right in the face of a ref? Poor from Lennon and he has admitted it. Doesn't matter how bad the ref's decison was, what he did deserved punishment. At the time, I'd only just been saying to various folk, having seen him on a flight to Dublin to be a pundit for RTE's Champions League coverage, how much he had matured and mellowed and in doing so gained much respect. Then within days he reverts to being Mr Angry. Fair enough, be angry at crappy refereeing but he will have known a ban was coming as soon as he was in Clancy's face. Surprised Hibs did not say anything publicly at the time but I wonder if they did privately. Any employer who has an employee behave in the course of his employment in such a disrespectful manner in such a public way, and in so doing bring the club into disrepute, would normally act. Hope it is a one-off 'cos Lennon in the stand for three games minimum is not good for the team.

Go away, what a lot of crap

What do you think he's going to to on a flight to Dublin FFS, start ranting and Raving about refs,

What a lot of p"*%, a few posts and you come out with that cr@p, give it up