PDA

View Full Version : Appreciating manager

hughio
13-03-2018, 01:35 PM
It must be heartening for Neil Lennon to hear the fans chanting his name.

It doesn't happen that often but how he deserves it.

What a difference a bit of steel makes!

Doubters GTF:greengrin

Thecat23
13-03-2018, 01:38 PM

What he’s installed at Hibs is nothing short of a miricle in the way we now approach games. It’s a winning mentality for every game. The players are believing in themselves as well. We won’t win them all granted but Neil has brought that bit of steel we needed.

hughio
13-03-2018, 01:41 PM
What he’s installed at Hibs is nothing short of a miricle in the way we now approach games. It’s a winning mentality for every game. The players are believing in themselves as well. We won’t win them all granted but Neil has brought that bit of steel we needed.

:agree:
Exactly

Bostonhibby
13-03-2018, 01:45 PM
What he’s installed at Hibs is nothing short of a miricle in the way we now approach games. It’s a winning mentality for every game. The players are believing in themselves as well. We won’t win them all granted but Neil has brought that bit of steel we needed.[emoji106]This is it for me, a winner who knows how to communicate and gets the best from individual players. Lucky to have him.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Canon Hannan
13-03-2018, 01:49 PM

Spot on mate. 👍

He is a brilliant manager and tactician. A true gent.

jacomo
13-03-2018, 02:20 PM

He’s done well and I’m glad he’s our manager.

Describing his work as a ‘miracle’ though is somewhat disrespectful to his predecessor.

Memories may be short, but I can clearly remember the dark days of summer 2014 and the dispirited squad that Stubbs inherited.

heretoday
13-03-2018, 02:21 PM

Describing his work as a ‘miracle’ though is somewhat disrespectful to his predecessor.

Memories may be short, but I can clearly remember the dark days of summer 2014 and the dispirited squad that Stubbs inherited.
Don't go there. Just don't.

Is It On....
13-03-2018, 03:17 PM

I remember the shock that Butcher got when LD invited him in for a "chat". The arrogant pr#ck probably thought it was a rebuilding discussion and he was certainly correct, it was just that he wasn't part of the future. That one action stamped her authority as a genuine Chief Executive and let it be known that such a standard would not be tolerated. Alan Stubbs and now NL have taken that performance expectation on board and moved the club massively forward in terms of what is demanded / expected of players. And I think it's brilliant!!

Ozyhibby
13-03-2018, 03:47 PM
His decision to totally rebuild our strike force in January showed he knows where we were failing but was also ruthless enough to act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
13-03-2018, 04:13 PM
I remember the shock that Butcher got when LD invited him in for a "chat". The arrogant pr#ck probably thought it was a rebuilding discussion and he was certainly correct, it was just that he wasn't part of the future. That one action stamped her authority as a genuine Chief Executive and let it be known that such a standard would not be tolerated. Alan Stubbs and now NL have taken that performance expectation on board and moved the club massively forward in terms of what is demanded / expected of players. And I think it's brilliant!!

Not going to lie, I'd fallen into the fatalistic "we'll never sack Butcher" mindset because to do so would've been - in my mind at the time - too much of an ego dent for Petrie to stomach.

Boy, was it a delight to read the headlines that LD had told that dinosaur to get to ****.

One Day Soon
13-03-2018, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure we gave Calderwood enough time.

IGRIGI
13-03-2018, 04:34 PM
At the time I was actually willing to give Butcher the year to get rid of the imposters in the team and build his own one.

I don't want to contemplate even for a nano second where we would be if that masterplan had went ahead.

SirDavidsNapper
13-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Its a win win. We're lucky to have him and he's lucky to be managing Hibs one of the 4 biggest clubs in the country. His hands were tied at Bolton but i think he's an excellent manager.

Smartie
13-03-2018, 04:38 PM
i'm not sure we gave calderwood anything like a hard enough time.

ftfy

Seveno
13-03-2018, 05:58 PM
I love his whole winning attitude but the desire to play the sort of football that Hibs fans want. He is bold with his team selections, showing faith in his players and gets the returns. He is open and honest with his interviews, avoiding the boring managerial cliches.

Oh, and he loves to beat Hearts and Rangers. :greengrin

jacomo
13-03-2018, 06:19 PM
At the time I was actually willing to give Butcher the year to get rid of the imposters in the team and build his own one.

I don't want to contemplate even for a nano second where we would be if that masterplan had went ahead.

Well I’m looking forward to next season. It’s been a rough few years but I’m confident that we will win promotion back into the Championship.

Souter96Mac
13-03-2018, 06:22 PM
The difference with Lennon is that no matter who were playing, I'm confident we can get a win. We might not always get the wins, but there's that belief in our ability we can

jacomo
13-03-2018, 06:23 PM
The difference with Lennon is that no matter who were playing, I'm confident we can get a win. We might not always get the wins, but there's that belief in our ability we can

You’re just copying Big Marv here!

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
13-03-2018, 06:24 PM
I'm not sure we gave Calderwood enough time.

He should have done time for what he did at the club. It was criminal. The games should have been on Crimewatch instead of Sportscene.

Souter96Mac
13-03-2018, 06:25 PM
You’re just copying Big Marv here!

:greengrin

You caught me.. But it's the same with the fans too. Before we got relegated, there were games we were beat before a ball was even kicked

Thecat23
13-03-2018, 06:26 PM

I’m taking nothing away from Stubbs I was one of Stubbs biggest fans. If it wasn’t for him our club wouldn’t be where it is now. What I’m saying is under Lennon Hibs are harder to beat than under Stubbs while still playing some very good football. Lennon is tougher and I think it shows on the park as well.

Sammy7nil
13-03-2018, 06:28 PM
His decision to totally rebuild our strike force in January showed he knows where we were failing but was also ruthless enough to act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a way it was forced on him by Stokes but to be fair he identified Murray WS not quite good enough.

SirDavidsNapper
13-03-2018, 06:32 PM
Well I’m looking forward to next season. It’s been a rough few years but I’m confident that we will win promotion back into the Championship.

😂

lord bunberry
13-03-2018, 07:37 PM
I wish we had a proper song for him that we sing at every game.

IGRIGI
13-03-2018, 07:38 PM

We managed to stay in League 1? :greengrin

One Day Soon
13-03-2018, 10:47 PM
He should have done time for what he did at the club. It was criminal. The games should have been on Crimewatch instead of Sportscene.

He was just misunderstood. Something bag of sweeties, something else something something other bag of sweeties.

Nah, he was a tool.

hibsbollah
13-03-2018, 10:53 PM
He's now surpassed Mowbray in my eyes. When he wins the title (or the 18/19 Europa league) I'll be able to compare him properly to the short-lived Tommy Craig regime.

14-03-2018, 12:59 AM
I wish we had a proper song for him that we sing at every game.

What about this one?

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?329189-That%92s-Entertainment

DickieDastardly
14-03-2018, 06:58 PM
I’m taking nothing away from Stubbs I was one of Stubbs biggest fans. If it wasn’t for him our club wouldn’t be where it is now. What I’m saying is under Lennon Hibs are harder to beat than under Stubbs while still playing some very good football. Lennon is tougher and I think it shows on the park as well.
He has brought a hard edge and has shown by his treatment of Stokes in particular that he will not tolerate anyone who does not show the same professionalism as he does. But Alan Stubbs inherited an utter shambles and had to start from scratch, NL picked up a fairly settled team and took it forward. I believe they deserve equal credit and thanks.

Written from my mobile so pls excuse any mistakes...

The Harp Awakes
14-03-2018, 11:39 PM
I'm sure Neil got a big boost from the majority of the stadium singing his name last Friday night. Very well deserved. He's changed the mentality of the Club and we are so much more resilient now in games.

The way our defenders played on Friday was immense. Lennon has instilled self-belief in the likes of Hanlon and Louie in particular. McGregor was a tower of strength and Efe was very impressive.

We go into derbies now with an expectation of winning. Stubbs restored our pride but Lennon has given us strength and self-belief.

Austinho
15-03-2018, 12:46 AM
I think this will be a very important summer for Lennon, as he’s mostly been fairly fortunate to have inherited some great players from Stubbs. I’m not criticising him, as he’s got us in a great position and is a fantastic motivator and tactician, but it would be good if we could get some permanent players who will make an impact and approach the summer with a bit more long term planning. Especially if any of McGinn/McGeough/Allan/McLaren/Barker/Kamberi are away.

Ambrose and Marciano aside, his permanent signings have been either temporary stop gaps, average or poor, and the other successes are currently on loan.

Chris Humphrey
Brian Graham
Grant Holt
Chris Commons
Scott Gallacher
Andrew Shinnie
Brian McLean
Ross Laidlaw
Neal Eardley
Vykintas Slivka
Deivydas Matulevicius
Steven Whittaker
Danny Swanson
Cammy Bell
Simon Murray
Anthony Stokes
Faycal Rherras

The above have all either left under a season or made a limited first team impact. A bit more forward planning would be nice, as when Lennon finally does leave, it would be nice to have more continuety.