PDA

View Full Version : When did we last score from a cross (excluding set pieces)?

BlackSheep
12-03-2018, 10:43 PM
My memory fails me and I am struggling to remember when we last scored from a good old fashioned cross from out wide, whether it be a volley or a header?

I know Porteus scored from a corner at Killie, but outside of set pieces I’m struggling to recall the ball bring whipped in and someone getting on the end of it?

Anyone care to help me remember?

cabbageandribs1875
12-03-2018, 10:48 PM
sjm scored a bullet header from a corner(i think) but i can't remember against who...but it was at the south end :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
12-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Don’t know the last one but Stokes and Shaw both scored from crosses at home to Ross County round about Christmas. Murray against Dundee too. Don’t think it’s all that uncommon but we do seem to prefer low balls into the box rather than going for headers

Having said that, McGinn did score a header away to Killie earlier on in the season

Eyrie
12-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Shaw at the PBS.

ancient hibee
12-03-2018, 11:26 PM
A low ball into the box is still a cross ,like Shaw’s goal.

My_Wife_Camille
13-03-2018, 12:44 AM
A low ball into the box is still a cross ,like Shaw’s goal.
I’m aware of that but they generally don’t match the description of being ‘whipped in from out wide’ as the OP stated

ekhibee
13-03-2018, 02:14 AM
I remember Barker crossing the ball for Shaw to tap into the net, can't remember which game that was though.

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2018, 02:31 AM
I crossed myself on Friday night and the ball went into the net just as the Jambos started singing ‘we’re up to our knees...’

13-03-2018, 05:38 AM
My memory fails me and I am struggling to remember when we last scored from a good old fashioned cross from out wide, whether it be a volley or a header?

I know Porteus scored from a corner at Killie, but outside of set pieces I’m struggling to recall the ball bring whipped in and someone getting on the end of it?

Probably not the last time but here are some.

https://youtu.be/EyGv1jfuDPE

HFCdeb
13-03-2018, 06:33 AM
Did Murray and McGinn not both score from David Gray crosses in the 3-0 defeat of Kilmarnock?

JimBHibees
13-03-2018, 07:18 AM
Did Murray and McGinn not both score from David Gray crosses in the 3-0 defeat of Kilmarnock?

Yes they did.

Callum_62
13-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Stokes scored a nice header a few months back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
13-03-2018, 09:21 AM
You don't see the classic cross and headed goal all that much these days. Whether it's to do with better defending or poor technique I don't know. But Hibs certainly haven't scored many such goals over the years and with tunnel visionary Boyle speeding down the right I can't see that situation changing!

leithsansiro
13-03-2018, 10:36 AM
You don't see the classic cross and headed goal all that much these days. Whether it's to do with better defending or poor technique I don't know. But Hibs certainly haven't scored many such goals over the years and with tunnel visionary Boyle speeding down the right I can't see that situation changing!

I'd reckon it's more to do with the way teams play. Teams rarely go out with two wingers and two forwards which is the more traditional method and reasoning behind crosses being successful. You tend to see more crosses and headers in lower league and junior football.

greenlex
13-03-2018, 04:37 PM

Kamberi in the same game as Porteous.

BlackSheep
16-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Tonight!!! Lol... well done Scott Allan and Efe!

highland hibbee
16-03-2018, 07:49 PM

Aye big EFE from a Scotty cross in the second minute at St Johnstone tonight . Yee Ha!,!