PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pellegrino Sacked

Hermit Crab
12-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Southampton have emptied him with only a handful of games to go according to Sky breaking news.

Dashing Bob S
12-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Water mess for le saints to be sans pelligrino

Michael
12-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Water mess for le saints to be sans pelligrino

:applause:

ekhibee
12-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Silva, the previous Watford manager is hot favourite (1/1) for the gig.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Hibs look at Saints as our business model?????

hfc rd
12-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Silva, the previous Watford manager is hot favourite (1/1) for the gig.

Silva is being lined up as the next Benfica head coach.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marco-silva-benfica-head-coach-rui-vitoria-a8252431.html%3famp

For me Southampton should never have got rid of Puel

bingo70
12-03-2018, 08:45 PM

It did cross my mind that there seems to be a bit working together behind the scenes between hibs and Southampton recently. Sure it’s more just been us picking their brains but hopefully lennon isn’t on their radar. They do like toook outside England for managers I think though?

Brendan Rodgers probably a more likely candidate for them I’d have thought.

birdspotter
12-03-2018, 08:46 PM
No surprise there! I was at the game on Saturday and Saints were woefull despite having much of the ball.
Saints fans around me spent much of the match singing how they won a corner or even had a shot. Favourite though was "you don't know what your doing" aimed at Pellegrino.
Said to my Saints supporting buddies that there only hope (on what I saw) was to get rid of the manager.

Hermit Crab
12-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Don't think Rogers will go! League cup in the bag, Scottish cup semi coming up, League title all but tied up and Champions league football with Celtic next season. Nothing close to that at Southampton!

Michael
12-03-2018, 09:33 PM
It did cross my mind that there seems to be a bit working together behind the scenes between hibs and Southampton recently. Sure it’s more just been us picking their brains but hopefully lennon isn’t on their radar. They do like toook outside England for managers I think though?

Brendan Rodgers probably a more likely candidate for them I’d have thought.

Rodgers would probably give them the bounce they need. I'm not convinced he can keep levels up long term though.

CropleyWasGod
12-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Hibs look at Saints as our business model?????IMO they have a good business model. For a relatively small team, they have done exceptionally well in finding young talent, developing it and selling it on for big money. That money helps to attract better players, and fund the whole process.

Like Hibs, it's the system that is more important than the individuals operating it. In recent years, the system has worked. This season has been rough for Southampton, the first for a while... it will be interesting to see how they respond.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

StevieC
12-03-2018, 10:24 PM
No surprise there! I was at the game on Saturday and Saints were woefull despite having much of the ball.
Saints fans around me spent much of the match singing how they won a corner or even had a shot. Favourite though was "you don't know what your doing" aimed at Pellegrino.
Said to my Saints supporting buddies that there only hope (on what I saw) was to get rid of the manager.

Had to laugh when the ball rolled to him on the sideline and when he controlled it with his foot the whole of the Southampton support boo'd.
It was one of those "you're getting sacked in the morning" moments!

Haymaker
12-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Somewhat of a surprise appointment imo. Didn't have a great management record iirc.

J-C
12-03-2018, 10:48 PM

I think the model they look at is the way the club is ran from the youth set up to the main squad and with a young exciting style of manager, again here it's all about the money or the lack of it should they get relegated. They're one point off 3rd bottom with 1 win in 17, not many managers would survive those stats.

jacomo
12-03-2018, 10:51 PM
Don't think Rogers will go! League cup in the bag, Scottish cup semi coming up, League title all but tied up and Champions league football with Celtic next season. Nothing close to that at Southampton!

But Celtc are Southampton’s feeder club, as Southampton is Liverpool’s feeder club.

So it would have a nice circularity to it.