PDA

View Full Version : Lovely words from Medals.

tamig
12-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Apologies if posted in one of the other threads but haven’t come across it. You can feel the great man’s pain.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-loyal-hearts-fans-are-being-short-changed-1-4703822

jacomo
12-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Isn’t it the case that Medals doesn’t like Levein either? (Not sure why, they’ve got a lot in common).

He was probably waiting to have a dig at Levein, and this was the perfect opportunity.

tamig
12-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Isn’t it the case that Medals doesn’t like Levein either? (Not sure why, they’ve got a lot in common).

He was probably waiting to have a dig at Levein, and this was the perfect opportunity.

I don’t think he’s forgiven Levein for his part in the Dens league winning match.

3pm
Unfair from MacKay, quite clearly has an agenda against Levein.

When your season finished in February the last two years, he should be giving credit to Levein for keeping it going into the 2nd week of March.

We need people talking Edinburgh football up and Medals isn’t helping.

lord bunberry

Medals was one of Levein’s biggest critics after the fartergate scandal in 86.

brianmc
12-03-2018, 08:47 PM
I think it's safe to say that most people don't like Levein.

*Medals is also a throbber right enough.

Danderhall Hibs
12-03-2018, 08:51 PM
I don’t think he’s forgiven Levein for his part in the Dens league winning match.

He’s not forgiven their top centre half for not taking part in the 86 game. They only needed a draw to win the league and their main defender said he was ill.

That deprived both these Hearts legends of the only medal of their careers.

IGRIGI
12-03-2018, 08:54 PM
How bad does Medals look in that photo? Looks like something from the Sixth Sense.

green leaves
12-03-2018, 08:58 PM
racist ****

renato
12-03-2018, 09:00 PM
“We have all the resources to at the very least be competing with Hibs, and, in our third season back in the top flight, we should also have been in a position to challenge Aberdeen.”

We’re 12 points clear with a game in hand and lost just 1 derby in 11, with 5 wins on the trot at ER yet at the very, very least, they should be competing with us apparently.

This is the problem, they can’t fathom how we’re ahead of them, it simply won’t compute. It’s like it’s crept up on them and it’s impossible for Hibs to own them right now.

And the small matter of a rusty stand and tens of millions being pissed against a wall, with more to come......all the resources, though, medals.

Deansy
12-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Apologies if posted in one of the other threads but haven’t come across it. You can feel the great man’s pain.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/gary-mackay-loyal-hearts-fans-are-being-short-changed-1-4703822

One of them wrote -

'We need a philanthropist not a manageress'

Obviously another one brought up in their 30+ year run with 'Other People's Money' - gonna be a long, long time before 3 generations of 'Money ? - No problem' Jambos fade away to be replaced with something none of us have ever witnessed - Realistic Jambos !

Peevemor
12-03-2018, 09:32 PM
“We have all the resources to at the very least be competing with Hibs, and, in our third season back in the top flight, we should also have been in a position to challenge Aberdeen.”

We’re 12 points clear with a game in hand and lost just 1 derby in 11, with 5 wins on the trot at ER yet at the very, very least, they should be competing with us apparently.

This is the problem, they can’t fathom how we’re ahead of them, it simply won’t compute. It’s like it’s crept up on them and it’s impossible for Hibs to own them right now.

And the small matter of a rusty stand and tens of millions being pissed against a wall, with more to come......all the resources, though, medals.Medals might be a throbber, but he knows fine how it's happened and who's to blame. He makes reference to senior players on the bench (ie. duff signings), rebuilding in the summer (duff signing policy) and Potter's having had more than enough time to turn things around.

The Potter/Cathro partnership has started them on a downward spiral similar to our own after John Collins left us with a load of duffers under contract and not enough money for a quick fix.

renato
12-03-2018, 09:45 PM
Medals might be a throbber, but he knows fine how it's happened and who's to blame. He makes reference to senior players on the bench (ie. duff signings), rebuilding in the summer (duff signing policy) and Potter's having had more than enough time to turn things around.

The Potter/Cathro partnership has started them on a downward spiral similar to our own after John Collins left us with a load of duffers under contract and not enough money for a quick fix.

The similarities are staggering. It’s the same before derbies too, all and sundry bragging about what they’re going to do to us, whilst we do our talking on the pitch. It’s a complete role reversal - long may it continue.

hibbydog
12-03-2018, 10:10 PM
A disgusting racist who doesn’t have two brain cells to run together.

Despicable human being

scm70nyd1973
12-03-2018, 10:10 PM

Exactly - it is because of Potter’s twitchy sphincter that Medals got his name - oh my sides !

Sauzee16
12-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Unfair from MacKay, quite clearly has an agenda against Levein.

When your season finished in February the last two years, he should be giving credit to Levein for keeping it going into the 2nd week of March.

We need people talking Edinburgh football up and Medals isn’t helping.

Exactly Medals should close his trap. Exciting times ahead for both Edinburgh clubs if it stays this way. He’s no idea what he’s on about and should stick to being a bookie down Mussie.

mjhibby
12-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Medals might be a throbber, but he knows fine how it's happened and who's to blame. He makes reference to senior players on the bench (ie. duff signings), rebuilding in the summer (duff signing policy) and Potter's having had more than enough time to turn things around.

Never minded mckay and regularly spoke to him and his dad when they had the pub in Tollcross. He's only saying the blindingly is a obvious and will get pelters by a section of the Gorgie hordes.

mjhibby
13-03-2018, 12:01 AM
The similarities are staggering. It’s the same before derbies too, all and sundry bragging about what they’re going to do to us, whilst we do our talking on the pitch. It’s a complete role reversal - long may it continue.

The question is will they once again spend money they don't have to try to stop us disappearing over the horizon. They just can't help themselves.

cocteautwin
13-03-2018, 04:51 AM
The question is will they once again spend money they don't have to try to stop us disappearing over the horizon. They just can't help themselves.

They're trying. They've already racked up £4m from anonymous, £2.5m from Budge and £7m from the Rustcastle begging bowl.

scm70nyd1973
13-03-2018, 05:27 AM

Veering off topic a bit but does anyone know a Hibby who was at Dens on that wonderful day ? I was at ER but on reflection i would love to have been there - no in fact at both .

HibeeHibernian4
13-03-2018, 08:27 AM
He’s not forgiven their top centre half for not taking part in the 86 game. They only needed a draw to win the league and their main defender said he was ill.

What about the Scottish Cup against Aberdeen the week after that they went on to win comfortab-

crash
13-03-2018, 08:53 AM

Surely they got runners up medals.👏

jacomo
13-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Surely they got runners up medals.👏

Good point!

No longer will I shout “show us your Medals” at Levein again. He’ll just fish his Scottish Cup runners up 86 medal out of his pocket and I’ll be well and truly put in my place!

IWasThere2016
13-03-2018, 09:24 AM
For a tit, he makes some valid points.

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2018, 09:52 AM
I see Medals v Potter as a metaphor for the Jambos battering each other in the top tier of the south.

Springbank
13-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Medals v Potter is the book that JK Rowling should have written

"Harry Potter and the Potless Panjandrum..."

MyJo
13-03-2018, 05:26 PM

They've been doing that for the last 18 months, S**ting themselves at the prospect of us being back in the premier league.

£15m on a shoddy designed main stand that is half finished including £6m of FOH "donations", £4m from Mr A Nonymous and the rest in loans with a 6% interest rate from Budge.

Selling Walker and using all that money to pay Naismiths wages for half a season on loan.

Selling Goncalves then filling the team with 16 year old laddies To replace him.

Falling for Lafferty's I'm going to talk to Hibs stunt in the summer and throwing stupid money at him to get him to sign.

Hundreds of thousands on a temporary pitch last summer with £1m meant to be spent on another one this summer

hibbyfraelibby
13-03-2018, 07:30 PM
What about the Scottish Cup against Aberdeen the week after that they went on to win comfortab-

...and Kidd, no not Sir Albert but wee Wattie, got himself sent off. First in sn SC final was it?

lyonhibs
13-03-2018, 07:55 PM
These columns may be decidedly uninspiring and often absolute slavers but at least if he's spending time writing them that's time that's he's not potentially making monkey noises at an innocent bystander (allegedly..)

hibsbollah
13-03-2018, 08:15 PM
These columns may be decidedly uninspiring and often absolute slavers but at least if he's spending time writing them that's time that's he's not potentially making monkey noises at an innocent bystander (allegedly..)

No allegedly about it, its on film.

Greenfly
13-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Exactly Medals should close his trap. Exciting times ahead for both Edinburgh clubs if it stays this way. He’s no idea what he’s on about and should stick to being a bookie down Mussie.

Presumably you're referring to Hibs and Edinburgh City?

lyonhibs
13-03-2018, 08:57 PM

Oh I know, just as he was never *actually* charged with anything at the time thought I'd best add that caveat.

The 400,000 are everywhere...... 😨

SquashedFrogg
13-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Veering off topic a bit but does anyone know a Hibby who was at Dens on that wonderful day ? I was at ER but on reflection i would love to have been there - no in fact at both .

Old man is a yam. I was in the main stand at Dens that very day. Aged 10 and dragged along as mum would've stipulated d
so she could go to bingo ha ha.

Also at Hampden week later... 😂

Feel 1% sad as I love my old man (decent yam) and now know it would've hurt, but 99% find it hilarious now.

To be fair he took me to a different game every Saturday. Regardless of team. He still regrets taking me to ER for a Hibs v Celtic game where I fell in love with Steve Archibald ❤

SideBurns
13-03-2018, 09:12 PM
...and Kidd, no not Sir Albert but wee Wattie, got himself sent off. First in sn SC final was it?

Did Roy Aitken no get sent off in the '84 cup final? Not that it makes Zico Kidd's sending off in '86 any less funny, or indeed less of a fitting epitaph to a magnificent season for Marshall's Chunky Chicken Champions!

tonyhib7
13-03-2018, 09:31 PM

I was there and what a great day it was :aok:

I moved up to the Dundee area in 1975 due to work got married and stayed. I went to the game with my mate and his family who are all Dundee fc fans and persuaded me to go along as the last thing I wanted to see was them winning the league. Prior to the game they kept assuring me that Dundee would beat them not that I was convinced.

I went to the game and boy what a game it was as we all know. I was one of the first out my seat when Albert Kidd scored but had to stop myself from pulling my Hibs scarf out from underneath my coat which I had said to my mate that I would wear if I was going to the game.

I used to help my mate run one of the Monifieth boys youth team for about 5 years when I was home from working offshore. Anyway my mate new Albert and on the odd occasion he would come along to mid week training that season to help train the boys which they loved but i never got to meet him until the end of season dance after that glorious game.

My mate introduced me to Albert and his wife at the dance when we arrived and I said to him that you are my hero and that was 2 of the greatest goals I ever seen which he looked at me as if I was stupid until I explained that I was a Hibee and was at the game.

He stated that he understood the attention from the Celtic support as they won the league but was amazed at the amount of Hibs supporters that had been in touch with about the game. We had good laugh and great night and told him he was legend in our eyes

As they say I can say I was there:thumbsup:

KWJ
13-03-2018, 10:01 PM
https://youtu.be/vQYMLIaaK60?t=7m24s

Medals being a racist ****.

Scott Allan Key
13-03-2018, 10:15 PM

Any footage? MacKay came to my children’s school at behest of a retiring Jambo deputy head and gave a ex-Yam and ex-Scotland talk to primary kids without my knowledge. I was outraged in particular that I wasn’t forewarned at least to allow my son to ask him what he had won in his career. I don’t think the head would be happy if she’d known about his actions at Harper due to her stance on bullying.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2018, 04:48 AM
Any footage? MacKay came to my children’s school at behest of a retiring Jambo deputy head and gave a ex-Yam and ex-Scotland talk to primary kids without my knowledge. I was outraged in particular that I wasn’t forewarned at least to allow my son to ask him what he had won in his career. I don’t think the head would be happy if she’d known about his actions at Harper due to her stance on bullying.

Hopefully.a refreshing stance on bullying most places it's all talk and little or no action.