PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Strikers

CMurdoch
12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Scotland Squad Announced Today
The lack of any quality strikers is what caught my eye and it's not as if there are loads missing the game and ready to come back.
The 2 named: Cummings & McBurnie are average works in progress

Other than Leigh Griffiths (28) and perhaps Chris Martin (29), who is worth a pick?

Jordan Rhodes (28) has never been favoured
Steven Fletcher (31) might have had his time
Shaun Maloney (35) has retired.
Steven Naismith (31) has not recovered form since injury.
Kris Boyd (35) to slow and old.
Kenny Miller (38) is too old
Ross McCormack (32) is gone
Johnny Russell (28) I presume has given up given he now plays in USA

*Ages are at August this year

Smartie
12-03-2018, 05:02 PM
As utterly depressing as it is, Kris Boyd is the only Scottish striker who I have seen and been remotely impressed by.

Monts
12-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Scotland Squad Announced Today
The lack of any quality strikers is what caught my eye and it's not as if there are loads missing the game and ready to come back.
The 2 named: Cummings & McBurnie are average works in progress

Other than Leigh Griffiths (28) and perhaps Chris Martin (29) who is worth a pick?

Jordan Rhodes (28) has never been favoured
Steven Fletcher (31) might have had his time
Shaun Maloney (35) has retired.
Steven Naismith (31) has not recovered form since injury.
Kris Boyd (35) to slow and old.
Kenny Miller (38) is too old
Ross McCormack (32) is gone
Johnny Russell (28) I presume has given up given he now plays in USA

*Ages are at August this year

How do you mean McCormack is gone?

Im not saying hes the answer but just because Russell is playing in the US doesn't mean hes done. Kenny Miller played in the MLS and still did the business for Scotland.

CMurdoch
12-03-2018, 05:11 PM
How do you mean McCormack is gone?

I'm not saying hes the answer but just because Russell is playing in the US doesn't mean hes done. Kenny Miller played in the MLS and still did the business for Scotland.

McCormack was so far out the picture at Championship Aston Villa that they sent him to Australia on loan
Russell is not all that and going to USA was always seen as getting out of fire to take it relatively easy in the final part of your career. I know the league has improved but it still smacks of giving up on any great playing ambition.

Diclonius
12-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Is Griffiths injured?

CMurdoch
12-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Is Griffiths injured?

Calf injury

Brummie_Hibs
12-03-2018, 05:18 PM
You could maybe add Stevie May into that list, but he looks a long way off getting called up.

I'm hoping for Scotland's (and Hibs) sake, that Shaw breaks through and gets more game time.

Tynie01011973
12-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Is Griffiths injured?

Yes, he injured his calf muscle just after scoring winner against us in 1-0 defeat at Parkhead last month

CMurdoch
12-03-2018, 05:25 PM
You could maybe add Stevie May into that list, but he looks a long way off getting called up.

I'm hoping for Scotland's (and Hibs) sake, that Shaw breaks through and gets more game time.

Forgot about him.
The bad injury stopped him in his tracks and may be the reason he has looked so ordinary since going to Aberdeen.
I don't think he will do anything great now. Would like to be wrong.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Forgot about him.
The bad injury stopped him in his tracks and may be the reason he has looked so ordinary since going to Aberdeen.
I don't think he will do anything great now. Would like to be wrong.

Aberdeen fans think he’s struggling at the moment, injuries starting to catch up on him

CMurdoch
12-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Aberdeen fans think he’s struggling at the moment, injuries starting to catch up on him

The injury he had was horrific and potentially career ending.
He may be one of those guys who is never quite as good again after a horrific injury.
Lose a little speed, a little suppleness etc

Ozyhibby
12-03-2018, 06:25 PM
Stevie May looked hopeless against us and is struggling to stay in the Aberdeen team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
12-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Stevie May looked hopeless against us and is struggling to stay in the Aberdeen team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See above Ozy

Ricky Bobby
12-03-2018, 06:53 PM
I think Jamie Paterson at Bristol should get a chance. Always looks decent when I have seen him.

Ryan69
12-03-2018, 10:49 PM
McCormack was so far out the picture at Championship Aston Villa that they sent him to Australia on loan
Russell is not all that and going to USA was always seen as getting out of fire to take it relatively easy in the final part of your career. I know the league has improved but it still smacks of giving up on any great playing ambition.

Where he was absolutely banging them in at one point.

Austinho
12-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Is Jamie Mackie at QPR still any good?

Slim pickings up front.

Just Jimmy
13-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Could always play 4,6,0.

Thank me later, my mate Craig said it would be seen as innovation if I told you all.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

CorrieHibs
13-03-2018, 09:02 AM
I think Jamie Paterson at Bristol should get a chance. Always looks decent when I have seen him.

Not much of a goal scorer though. We have plenty wingers.