Craig_HFC
12-03-2018, 10:25 AM
McGinn & McGeough both called up.

Big_Franck
12-03-2018, 10:26 AM
https://twitter.com/ScottishFA/status/973156981979729921/photo/1

Diclonius
12-03-2018, 10:28 AM
I think we can forget about keeping McGeouch now.

Blaster
12-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Russell Martin and Hanley before hanlon

Unbelievable

stokesmessiah
12-03-2018, 10:29 AM

Or maybe he will think that playing for Hibs got him there and a move which could potentially turn sour could see him lose his place?

Craig_HFC
12-03-2018, 10:30 AM

Possibly. It may also have the opposite effect where it shows Dylan that staying at Hibs won't harm his chances of international recognition.

bookert
12-03-2018, 10:34 AM

Unbelievablereally don't know what hanlon has to do

Benny Brazil
12-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Unbelievable

Hanlon definitely deserves to be in front of those two.

Swedish hibee
12-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Gutted for Hanlon. And Scott Allan.

Since90+2
12-03-2018, 10:38 AM
How can Hanlon have lost his place in the squad? He has been playing well the last few months.

Just noticed Berra is not in the squad either , McLeish cant have been too impressed with him on Friday night.

IGRIGI
12-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Congrats to Mcgeouch and McGinn but Hanlon should be in.

Barry Douglas is a LB where we have our two best players competing, waste of a space.

hulk
12-03-2018, 10:42 AM

Unbelievable
I want to agree but has anyone seen Hanley
recently. 28 appearances for Norwich this season
- maybe just maybe he has improved and deserves his
Place. Didn’t realise he was only 26

MartinfaePorty
12-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Hanlon very unlucky and can see him being 1st standby, so wouldn't rule him out getting a call up if any injuries. Allan, in my opinion, hasn't had enough of a good run. However, if he keeps up his form he shouldn't be too far away in future squads. Lot of competition in midfield.

calumhibee1
12-03-2018, 10:46 AM
I want to agree but has anyone seen Hanley
recently. 28 appearances for Norwich this season
- maybe just maybe he has improved and deserves his
Place. Didn’t realise he was only 26

Eh?! I genuinely thought he was about 35. His mobility makes him look like that. :greengrin

Hanlon should be there though. Since his last call up he has been immense.

we are hibs
12-03-2018, 10:47 AM
where is the two best centre halves scotland have ever produced who play in the best defence Scottish football has ever seen?

GreenPJ
12-03-2018, 10:49 AM
How can Hanlon have lost his place in the squad? He has been playing well the last few months.

Just noticed Berra is not in the squad either , McLeish cant have been too impressed with him on Friday night.

I think Hanlon should be in the squad but the one weakness is still his overall strength. Lafferty was outjumping and muscling him first half. Daz took over and Lafferty struggled thereafter.

Iceman1875
12-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Anyone got a full list of the squad?

Smartie
12-03-2018, 10:50 AM
where is the two best centre halves scotland have ever produced who play in the best defence Scottish football has ever seen?

TBH I was quite impressed with Souttar on Friday night.

I'd have been happy with a pairing of Hanlon and Souttar. I don't think there is anyone in the squad who is any better.

calumhibee1
12-03-2018, 10:54 AM
TBH I was quite impressed with Souttar on Friday night.

I'd have been happy with a pairing of Hanlon and Souttar. I don't think there is anyone in the squad who is any better.

Souttar is soft as ****. As evidenced at our second goal. And Murray’s goal earlier in the season. He possibly lost Shaw for the ghost goal aswell. Don’t rate him in the slightest.

Hiber-nation
12-03-2018, 10:56 AM

There was no way Allan was never going to get in the squad but for the likes of McKenna, Martin and Hanley to be ahead of Hanlon is absolutely scandalous.

And we don't have any strikers. Scary.

Brummie_Hibs
12-03-2018, 10:57 AM
Anyone got a full list of the squad?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/fresh-look-to-mcleish-s-first-scotland-squad/?rid=14258

Souter96Mac
12-03-2018, 11:00 AM
If Dylan gets a cap, hell be our 8th player in the squad with an international appearance

Godsahibby
12-03-2018, 11:08 AM
There was no way Allan was never going to get in the squad but for the likes of McKenna, Martin and Hanley to be ahead of Hanlon is absolutely scandalous.

And we don't have any strikers. Scary.

McKenna has been outstanding this season, I think he is the best centre half we have in Scotland.

12-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Pleased for Dylan.

Hanley over Hanlon. I blame predictive text.

hibbysam
12-03-2018, 11:13 AM
I think Hanlon should be in the squad but the one weakness is still his overall strength. Lafferty was outjumping and muscling him first half. Daz took over and Lafferty struggled thereafter.

That was more due to the fact Lafferty fouled him on every occasion, shirt pulling and elbowing which the referee never gave. Daz’s size meant that didn’t happen second half but Paul was still immense at the back and going forward for the full 90. They created zero chances.

Stoney Hibee
12-03-2018, 11:13 AM
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/fresh-look-to-mcleish-s-first-scotland-squad/?rid=14258

Ryan Fraser plays for Aberdeen apparently.

No Graham Shinnie either, you could understand if it was because we have Tierney and Robertson at LB, but to take another LF in from nowhere is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Feel sorry for Paul Hanlon, he has been outstanding.

crash
12-03-2018, 11:15 AM
really don't know what hanlon has to do

Grow about 3 inches I would suggest. International centre backs have to be well over 6 feet to be able to compete nowadays.

Tomsk
12-03-2018, 11:16 AM
I can only hope that the five or six players I've barely heard of never mind actually seen playing are brilliant because God give me strength with some of the ones I do know. Matt Phillips! Grant Hanley!! Russell Martin!!!

What in the name of Christ suddenly makes Jamie Murphy an international player? Don't answer. I know.

And if Jason Cummings is international class there is hope for us all. This boy McBurnie :confused: must be the new Messi.

It's pretty embarrassing how many of them are on loan.

Onion
12-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Sadly agree. Shame, as Hibs looked after him when he was out injured for weeks on end and have now been instrumental in getting him his first call up.

12-03-2018, 11:18 AM

Jambos thinking Berra's omission is due to his fitness whereas we know it is due to his sh*tness.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2018, 11:21 AM

I think the reverse, needs to be playing every week to stay in the squad
Needs to think very carefully about his decision

Hiber-nation
12-03-2018, 11:51 AM
McKenna has been outstanding this season, I think he is the best centre half we have in Scotland.

How can he jump ahead of Hanlon in the pecking order? He is a decent prospect but he's only starting out. Russell Martin is more worrying. Can't defend, never could.

Smartie
12-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Grow about 3 inches I would suggest. International centre backs have to be well over 6 feet to be able to compete nowadays.

Not so sure.

I think Cannavaro would still be able to punch above his weight at any level of football.

snooky
12-03-2018, 12:23 PM
really don't know what hanlon has to do

Easy peasy, sign for the OF.
(Russell Martin FFS?)

Hibs4185
12-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Jambos thinking Berra's omission is due to his fitness whereas we know it is due to his sh*tness.

Maybe McLaren skinning him with his first touch before smashing his shot off the bar made the watching McLeish realise he’s slower than a week in the jail.

Or maybe he just seen that gumshield and though “what a *anny”

Billy Whizz
12-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Scotland look poor up front, with no Griffiths etc
McBurnie, Cummings and Phillips, Jesus wept

Unseen work
12-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Quite happy with that squad. Wonder how we will line up?

Would quite like to see

........................Archer............

..........McKenna....Mulgrew...Tierney

Forrest......McTominay...McGinn.........Robertson

...........................Cairney................ .....

.......................Cummings.....Phillips...... ...

We are severely struggling for a striker but seem to have a ton of quality at left back and central midfield.

hibbyfraelibby
12-03-2018, 12:42 PM
An alleged ITK muppet on Brokeback assured everyone that he has been told Berra, Soutar, McLaughlan and Naismith were definstely in the squad...then Big Ek comes to ER for the derby and watched our midfield boss them and our strikers turn them.inside out.

superfurryhibby
12-03-2018, 12:46 PM

If he played against us at ER a few weeks ago then I would dispute that. I thought the two sheep centre backs looked weak compared our pairing of McGregor and Hanlon.

If Scotland want to progress then we need ro build from the back. Hanlon is the best Scottish footballing centre half by a ***** mile.

Scott Allan Key
12-03-2018, 12:51 PM
If he played against us at ER a few weeks ago then I would dispute that. I thought the two sheep centre backs looked weak compared our pairing of McGregor and Hanlon.

If Scotland want to progress then we need ro build from the back. Hanlon is the best Scottish footballing centre half by a ***** mile.

Agree, in build up to Allan’s goal, BBC analysts were joking about Hanlon’s assist, rather than acknowledging his footballing credentials. Don’t know why he is being ignored.

silverhibee
12-03-2018, 01:02 PM
I think the reverse, needs to be playing every week to stay in the squad
Needs to think very carefully about his decision

Not really Billy, previous Scotland managers have picked plenty players who don't get a game for there club but are 1st pick when it comes to Scotland squads.

Amazed that Cummngs has been called up to squad.

What's up with Griffiths, is it a long term injury or has he changed alliance to ROI. :wink::greengrin

overdrive
12-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Ryan Fraser plays for Aberdeen apparently.

No Graham Shinnie either, you could understand if it was because we have Tierney and Robertson at LB, but to take another LF in from nowhere is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Feel sorry for Paul Hanlon, he has been outstanding.

There's a few errors like that. Someone should tell Aberdeen that Kenny McLean isn't their player and that he is only on loan from Norwich.

tamig
12-03-2018, 02:37 PM

Berra’s had injections to get him through their last two games. He is likely to be out for a few weeks now so his absence is nothing to do with form.

How Martin gets in ahead of Hanlon is anybody’s guess. He can’t even get a start for the hun.

Calidad
12-03-2018, 03:01 PM

Not so sure.

Otamendi, Mascherano below 6 ft.

Umtiti, Ramos, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Mustafi scrape 6ft.

Agree it’s an advantage though.

CMurdoch
12-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Scotland look poor up front, with no Griffiths etc
McBurnie, Cummings and Phillips, Jesus wept

The lack of any quality strikers is what caught my eye as well and it's not as if there are loads missing the game and ready to come back.
Matt Phillips is not a striker and the other 2 are average works in progress

Other than Leigh Griffiths (28) and perhaps Chris Martin (29) who is worth a pick?

Jordan Rhodes (28) has never been favoured
Steven Fletcher (31)
Shaun Maloney (35) has retired.
Steven Naismith (31)has not recovered form since injury.
Kris Boyd (35) to slow and old.
Kenny Miller (38) is too old
Ross McCormack (32) is gone
Johnny Russell (28) I presume has given up given he now plays in USA

*Ages are at August this year

Crazyhorse
12-03-2018, 03:34 PM
If Dylan gets a cap, hell be our 8th player in the squad with an international appearance

How long does he left on his contract?

CMurdoch
12-03-2018, 03:34 PM
How long does he left on his contract?

Ends this summer

eastcoasthibby
12-03-2018, 03:59 PM

Unbelievable

Totally agree ...pair of one paced (slow) defenders with limited mobility.
We are struggling for forwards are we not Phillips managing to keep a squad jersey ???

greenlex
12-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Tierney will play left sided centre back.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Tierney will play left sided centre back.

What a waste, he’s great going forward

greenlex
12-03-2018, 05:56 PM
What a waste, he’s great going forward
Yup.

Stokesy's on fire
12-03-2018, 06:02 PM

Agreed the team choice is pretty decent but Kenny McLean is a waste of a jersey and Allan would have been a much better choice.

blackpoolhibs
12-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Jason Cummings should be nowhere near any Scotland squad, he does not have anywhere near the quality needed to play at that level.

Although i could say that about a few of them, front men need to be able to hold the ball up, fight their corner and of course score from time to time.

Cummings wont do much of that in the SPFL, nevermind at international standard.

Tomsk
12-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Jason Cummings should be nowhere near any Scotland squad, he does not have anywhere near the quality needed to play at that level.

Although i could say that about a few of them, front men need to be able to hold the ball up, fight their corner and of course score from time to time.

Cummings wont do much of that in the SPFL, nevermind at international standard.

Not even remotely close. :agree:

He is one of six players in the squad currently on loan from the club with whom they are registered. None of them are on loan because they were pulling up trees back at the ranch. They're on loan because they could not even get a game.

The lending clubs include the likes of Norwich and Notts Forest. I'm only guessing here but I would surmise that supporters of those clubs, given their teams' current exalted positions in the lower reaches of the English Championship, would be surprised to hear that their managers have loaned out international class players. Although I am sure they will be comforted considerably when they learn the players are Russell Martin and Jason Cummings.

I sometimes wonder what depths Scotland have to reach before they just bin the whole thing.

BSEJVT
12-03-2018, 07:49 PM
Not so sure.

Otamendi, Mascherano below 6 ft.

Umtiti, Ramos, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Mustafi scrape 6ft.

Agree it’s an advantage though.

You were doing so well until you mentioned Mustafi, he is utter dog ***** IMO

California-Hibs
12-03-2018, 11:33 PM
Grant Hanley has been superb this season whenever I’ve caught Norwich highlights. Don’t think he’s nearly as bad as some folk rate him.

fulshie
13-03-2018, 09:55 AM

Just noticed Berra is not in the squad either , McLeish cant have been too impressed with him on Friday night.Totally agree, Hanlon should have made the squad. As for Berra, he has been poor for a couple of weeks now and lets be honest, he was rag dolled by Florien on Friday night.

Sauzee16
13-03-2018, 09:58 AM
Grant Hanley has been superb this season whenever I’ve caught Norwich highlights. Don’t think he’s nearly as bad as some folk rate him.

He’s improved a lot with the ball at his feet too. He’s not brilliant but probably the best we have. Delighted the Fulham boys are getting recognition too.

ancient hibee
13-03-2018, 03:17 PM

He is one of six players in the squad currently on loan from the club with whom they are registered. None of them are on loan because they were pulling up trees back at the ranch. They're on loan because they could not even get a game.

The lending clubs include the likes of Norwich and Notts Forest. I'm only guessing here but I would surmise that supporters of those clubs, given their teams' current exalted positions in the lower reaches of the English Championship, would be surprised to hear that their managers have loaned out international class players. Although I am sure they will be comforted considerably when they learn the players are Russell Martin and Jason Cummings.

I sometimes wonder what depths Scotland have to reach before they just bin the whole thing.
This is all true which makes me think that those worried that clubs will be chasing McGeouch because he’s in a Scotland squad are very wide of the mark.

greenlex
13-03-2018, 03:28 PM

Scott Allan:hmmm:

Ricky Bobby
13-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Boyle would be a better option than Matt Phillips?

Smartie
13-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Boyle would be a better option than Matt Phillips?

Nope.

Matt Phillips' biggest problems are his inconsistency, and the fact that he's never really set the heather alight playing for Scotland.

I've seen him have some very good games for his club and some truly awful games for his country.

Boyle has added a real consistency to his game and has adapted well to life back in the Premier League. I think he'd rise to the challenge and he has pace that will cause problems at almost any level.

He might be able to recapture that raw impact that Ivan Sproule had, where nobody really seemed to know what he was going to do, not least himself.

Many players are utterly predictable.

Brightside
13-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Nobody down rates Hibs players more than Hibs fans.

killie-hibby
13-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Nobody down rates Hibs players more than Hibs fans.

If you are referring to Smartie,read his post again.

Brummie_Hibs
13-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Under 21 squad announced - no Hibs players. That doesn't bode well!

Billy Whizz
13-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Under 21 squad announced - no Hibs players. That doesn't bode well!

We’ve got a gap between our up and coming players, and slightly older ones. Oli Shaw considered not ready for the 21’s yet.
We’ve got 2 in 19’s and 1 in 17’s
It’s about quality, not quantity

southsider
13-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Big Kane O'Conner is captain of U17's. They recently went to Spain and won. Local lad from Lochend. Boy has a bright future.