PDA

View Full Version : McGeouch

H18 SFR
11-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Anyone in the know how many 100's or 1000's we are away from getting him to sign up again?

Lee Marvin
11-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Anyone in the know how many 100's or 1000's we are away from getting him to sign up again?

I don't know, but I'd make a weekly contribution to the amount required!!!

If he ends up at Aberdeen I would absolutely gutted. And amazed. If he goes down south, fair play to him.

BlackSheep
11-03-2018, 07:03 PM
If we finish well this year and get into the Europa Qualifiers then i can't see him going to another Scottish club.... but if a championship side or even dare i say it, premiership side down south come in for him then fair play to him.

H18 SFR
11-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Also would be a bit miffed if he ends up at Aberdeen. I know they have a guy putting a bit money in but with the amount of fans we have each week putting in £'s I'd be a bit annoyed.

AgentDaleCooper
11-03-2018, 07:08 PM
I reckon it's more to do with ambition than money. If we finish 2nd i reckon he'll definitely sign on again. 3rd and we'll see. He's 25 now and probably wants to test himself, so playing in europe could be a very major factor IMO.

Real Emerald
11-03-2018, 07:10 PM
I reckon it's more to do with ambition than money. If we finish 2nd i reckon he'll definitely sign on again. 3rd and we'll see. He's 25 now and probably wants to test himself, so playing in europe could be a very major factor IMO.

Maybe so but he surely can’t see Aberdeen as a step up, mental and disappointing if he does.

Onion
11-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Didn't think he'd feature in too many games this season, let alone be the outstanding midfielder in many games. Hope we can find a way of getting him to stay but feat he'll be of ski in the summer, along with McGinn.

staunchhibby
11-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Heard on Friday he was more than likely going to Aberdeen.Just hope its unfounded and we persuade him to stay.

ancient hibee
11-03-2018, 07:57 PM
I don't know, but I'd make a weekly contribution to the amount required!!!

If he ends up at Aberdeen I would absolutely gutted. And amazed. If he goes down south, fair play to him.
You’d really be amazed if a professional footballer went to the club which offered him the most money?Or is it Aberdeen offering more money than us that is amazing?

Unseen work
11-03-2018, 08:01 PM
He needs to stay.

Most likely it is us, Aberdeen or some team near the bottom of the English championship.

Aberdeen will offer slightly more money I’d imagine, but he would be living in Aberdeen...

I imagine a lot will depend on what Scott Allan decides. Both get on really well.

I imagine the thing with allan joining is Mcgeouch would want the same wage as him.

jacomo
11-03-2018, 08:05 PM
He needs to stay.

Most likely it is us, Aberdeen or some team near the bottom of the English championship.

Aberdeen will offer slightly more money I’d imagine, but he would be living in Aberdeen...

I imagine a lot will depend on what Scott Allan decides. Both get on really well.

I imagine the thing with allan joining is Mcgeouch would want the same wage as him.

Which is fair enough.

Ryan69
11-03-2018, 08:08 PM
We really need to push the boat out and make sure he stays!

Heisenberg
11-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Maybe so but he surely can’t see Aberdeen as a step up, mental and disappointing if he does.

Not a step up in footballing terms (at the moment) but Aberdeen will be making a big move for him I think. They need to replace McLean and most likely Christie and are known to pay some big wages.

He’d be a huge signing for them. Gets one over on us and gets them a better player than the ones he’d be replacing.

matty_f
11-03-2018, 08:11 PM

Real Emerald
11-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Not a step up in footballing terms (at the moment) but Aberdeen will be making a big move for him I think. They need to replace McLean and most likely Christie and are known to pay some big wages.

He’d be a huge signing for them. Gets one over on us and gets them a better player than the ones he’d be replacing.

Well it’s now up to Hibs to show where the huge increase in support and season ticket money is going by making sure Aberdeen and their ramshackle stadium don’t seem a better bet. Hibs can’t allow Aberdeen get him!!

My_Wife_Camille
11-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Just upped my contribution based on this post. I’m sure my extra few quid won’t make a big difference but every little helps

pacoluna
11-03-2018, 08:31 PM
Every player has their price and worth, if McGeouch wants more than hibs believe he is worth then so be it.

H18 SFR
11-03-2018, 08:34 PM
I'm not one for club statements or explanations for day-to-day decision but if we lost out on McGeough or say Allan to a genuine domestic rival (excluding the old firm) then someone from the club will need to pop round and sit down with a cuppa and explain to me why.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Heard on Friday he was more than likely going to Aberdeen.Just hope its unfounded and we persuade him to stay.
Funny enough. I heard the opposite

Probably equally unfounded but none of us really know

I’m sure he enjoys it here and he knows how much the fans like him

Fingers crossed

snooky
11-03-2018, 08:54 PM
If he goes, he goes. He's one of my fav players for sure, however someone will replace him.
How much are we missing Stokes/Fyvie/Hundog/etc?

Zazu62
11-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Bit naughty if he goes to Aberdeen isn’t exactly a step up is it?

cabbageandribs1875
11-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Bit naughty if he goes to Aberdeen isn’t exactly a step up is it?

would show a lack of ambition :agree: sign a 3 year extension at ER and continue with the good performances and he can get his big pay day in 12/18 months

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Who’s Dylan’s agent?

neil7908
11-03-2018, 10:09 PM
If he is goes down to England I'd be disappointed but understand given he'd probably triple his salary.

Going up to Aberdeen for a couple hundred quid or whatever would be a real blow. I know we have a wage structure but if he genuinely wants to stay then we must make it happen.

1van Sprou7e
11-03-2018, 10:11 PM
Simply can't imagine why he'd go to Aberdeen

If he wants a wage increase I'm sure he can find a club down south

HibeeMackenzie
11-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Dylan is getting his first Scotland call up tomorrow I wonder if that will have any bearings on contract negotiations

NorthRoadHibee
12-03-2018, 12:48 AM
Really hope that if he does decide to leave that it’s to go down south. If Lennon/Hibs were serious about the ambition and challenging the ugly sisters then we can’t afford to let Aberdeen cherry pick one of our best and most influential players. They surely can’t be offering that much more than what we can? Imagine we kept the midfield three for another year or so... doubtful though I can see 1/2 definitely moving on unfortunately.

BegbieHSC
12-03-2018, 01:18 AM
A deluded Kickbacker at work claimed that they were making him an offer, as well as bidding for Allan...literally laughed in his face.

Deansy
12-03-2018, 01:43 AM
A deluded Kickbacker at work claimed that they were making him an offer, as well as bidding for Allan...literally laughed in his face.

Don't worry about it - with the 'Clutching-at-straws' levels over on 'Throw-backs' reaching heights never seen before (when they started cheating in the early 80's, online fan-sites didn't exist so there's no records!) all it takes is one of them to thumb a post onto JKB and it becomes hearsay - 2 and it becomes fact - 3 and it's set in stone - it's the Jambos very own virtual 'Wishing-well' !!

'Reality' NEVER comes into the Jambo-domain so relax !!

HoboHarry
12-03-2018, 03:30 AM
If he goes, he goes. He's one of my fav players for sure, however someone will replace him.
How much are we missing Stokes/Fyvie/Hundog/etc?

Indeed. As the saying goes, "the king is dead,long live the king"......

theonlywayisup
12-03-2018, 07:36 AM
IMO there is no way he's going to Aberdeen. He's far too good to end up moving sideways for what would not be a big increase in salary.

The obvious option is that he's going down south, but I would have thought a club would have declared some interest by now.

IMO I feel that he's already negotiated a pre-contract, but has sworn everybody to secrecy as the fans won't be impressed with the final destination.

:cb

Whatever happens, let's enjoy him whilst he is still with us.

Smartie
12-03-2018, 08:15 AM
IMO there is no way he's going to Aberdeen. He's far too good to end up moving sideways for what would not be a big increase in salary.

The obvious option is that he's going down south, but I would have thought a club would have declared some interest by now.

IMO I feel that he's already negotiated a pre-contract, but has sworn everybody to secrecy as the fans won't be impressed with the final destination.

:cb

Whatever happens, let's enjoy him whilst he is still with us.

I am convinced he's Sevco-bound, for the reasons you mention.

Austinho
12-03-2018, 08:53 AM
He looked delighted at both goal celebrations the other night, and was belting out Sunshine on Leith at the end. Obviously not the be all and end all, but you’d like to assume he’s happy playing for us, and is settled at the club and gets on well with his teammates.

Must be a substantial pay rise if he’s even considering Aberdeen and relocating his life up north.

Just Jimmy
12-03-2018, 09:05 AM
He'll end up at the Huns. No chat from him or hibs and we've seen it all before.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Mac_17
12-03-2018, 09:46 AM
I'd love him to stay but we have a very good record of replacing players that we have lost. I imagine this will be the same.

Scooter
12-03-2018, 09:47 AM
I really can't see him at the Rangers. It's a club I believe he's not very fond of and yes I know he has played for them before

theonlywayisup
12-03-2018, 09:52 AM

Yes, agree. Hope I'm wrong, but can see it happening.

Whether he likes them or not, if someone is going to up your salary by x-times, I think he'll start liking them.

Stevie Reid
12-03-2018, 09:55 AM
If it's only about money, and it may well be, he will go - however, we do have other things in our favour. You don't get nights like Friday night up in Aberdeen, against anyone.

He may well feel very settled and want to sign on for another couple of years - he will only be 28 and still have a big contract in him. He's taking a gamble at the moment in that if he gets a serious injury he obviously won't be employed next season - however, if he keeps performing like Friday for the remainder of the season, helping us win more money from a higher league position, we may well offer him more.

Not In The Know
12-03-2018, 10:01 AM
I would be well miffed if he went to Aberdeen. Thankfully I dont think he will. Any championship or top 1-4 league One team can blow us all out the water up here when it comes to wages. That is unfortunately the stark reality.

Considering this is really the first season he's managed to play without injury I hope he signs an extension. With the plan being he can move on when the right offer comes in and both parties can benefit. If he even gets a Scotland cap his value will rise even higher.

Rod should get on the blower to Mcleish and tell him Dylans not getting capped until he signs an extension...:cb

Monts
12-03-2018, 10:30 AM

Seems a strange thing to do since they are so much better than us on paper. Surely they don't need them.

Kawacabbage10
12-03-2018, 01:30 PM
He'll end up at the Huns. No chat from him or hibs and we've seen it all before.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Horrible, nagging feeling he'll end up back there. Aberdeen would be a sideways step for him and he ain't going back to Celtic...

WeeRussell
12-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Hopefully something can be worked out and we keep hold of them both, but if it was one or the other I'd sooner tie-up Allan on a contract.

I'm assuming McGinn is most likely away in the Summer, keeping 2 out of the 3 would be smashing.

Oscar T Grouch
12-03-2018, 01:44 PM
There is a great camaraderie at Hibs at the moment and that will have a bearing on who we manage to keep in the close season. Unfortunately, players when offered a good payrise will often take the money. It is a short career and no one should blame them for that. I am still hopeful that DM will sign a new deal despite all the rumours. I think it may depend on what we do in regards to Scott Allan and SJM. Ideal scenario is getting DM on a new contract, getting SJM to sign an extension (maybe with a release clause giving him more say in who he goes to) and getting SA from Celtic on a permanent. To do that would probably see the money for the rest of the squad reduced but I think it would be worth it. We really need as much prize money as we can get, record ST sales and more cash from HSL to make this happen, none of which are a million mile away as targets. I would love to see this midfield 3 here for a whole season, I think we could do something special before they go onto bigger things down south.

snooky
12-03-2018, 01:47 PM
There is a great camaraderie at Hibs at the moment and that will have a bearing on who we manage to keep in the close season. Unfortunately, players when offered a good payrise will often take the money. It is a short career and no one should blame them for that. I am still hopeful that DM will sign a new deal despite all the rumours. I think it may depend on what we do in regards to Scott Allan and SJM. Ideal scenario is getting DM on a new contract, getting SJM to sign an extension (maybe with a release clause giving him more say in who he goes to) and getting SA from Celtic on a permanent. To do that would probably see the money for the rest of the squad reduced but I think it would be worth it. We really need as much prize money as we can get, record ST sales and more cash from HSL to make this happen, none of which are a million mile away as targets. I would love to see this midfield 3 here for a whole season, I think we could do something special before they go onto bigger things down south.

I agree however, the trouble is when one jumps ship the best of rest seem to follow.
Let's enjoy it while we can.

HibsNutter
12-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Playing for Aberdeen, on marginally more money. Or playing for Hibs, playing in front of 19k most weeks, with a manager who he is improving under, for a club moving in one direction, living in Edinburgh.

Hibee87
12-03-2018, 01:50 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if Dylan has an eye on Europe. If we get into the Europe spot we might be able to keep him. Its likely we will loose McGinn so the money we get should be used to try and tie up Dylan and hopefully sign Allan. The thought of having to potentially replace all 3 is not going to be great, especially if we are in europe during the early rounds. I hope we have replacements already lined up of decent calibre if we have to replace them.

If he does leave it has to be down south as outwith the OF anything else is a step sideways.

Since90+2
12-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Playing for Aberdeen, on marginally more money. Or playing for Hibs, playing in front of 19k most weeks, with a manager who he is improving under, for a club moving in one direction, living in Edinburgh.

We dont know its marginally more money though. Looking at the respective clubs current turnover its not beyond the realms of possibility they could be offering extra £1000 - £1500 a week , thats an extra £150,000 - £230,000 over a 3 year contract.

WeeRussell
12-03-2018, 01:55 PM

Does he actually currently live in Edinburgh? (he might do, just have it in my head he's maybe travelling through.)

It would depend on how much is "marginally more" if I was Dylan. The whole Lennon factor, and moving in one direction can be spewed out by a club like Aberdeen with McInness (who recently pledged his future with a new contract) just as easy.

Just my attempt at looking at it without the green specs on.

Oscar T Grouch
12-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Where we finish in the league this season will go towards us keeping our best players. Finish 2nd or 3rd and that goes a long way to getting them to stay with Hibs. Having listened to George Craig and LD, we will have replacements lined up anyway, wether they are as good as the 3 we have, we'll need to wait and see.

12-03-2018, 02:35 PM
Brilliant player whose been far less injured this season so he's really been able to shine. That clearly hasn't gone unnoticed given his Scotland call up so I'd imagine quite a few clubs will be interested. I just hope it's not Aberdeen as rumoured. Hopefully he's a bit more ambitious and has a crack somewhere down south.

calumhibee1
12-03-2018, 02:47 PM
I still think he will stay. No info, just think he seems like he likes it here.

SirDavidsNapper
12-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Aberdeen seem to be regressing. Now that the bigger clubs are back in the league they'll gradually start so slip down the table. Wouldn't surprise me if we finished above them this season.

The budget next season won't be far from Aberdeens with record season ticket sales and increased revenue associated with promotion. I can't for the life of me see the appeal in leaving Hibs for Aberdeen right now. More chance of it being the new club sadly.

Hedlund12
13-03-2018, 01:40 PM
"Does he actually currently live in Edinburgh? (he might do, just have it in my head he's maybe travelling through"

I'm sure the Hibs announcer Barrie had a wee laugh with Dylan (when interviewing him in hospitality after a game) about Dylan and SJM being flatmates? I also recall SDG making reference to some of the boys ending up in John's flat in Edinburgh on the night of the cup final?

I've also read somewhere about Dylan's family hoping he stays at Hibs?

Time will tell what happens but I sincerely hope he stays... IMO.. when he plays well - the team play well.

He flew under the radar for a long time but I personally think he is a fantastic player and hope he is one we can keep.

madsen5
13-03-2018, 01:53 PM
"Does he actually currently live in Edinburgh? (he might do, just have it in my head he's maybe travelling through"

I'm sure the Hibs announcer Barrie had a wee laugh with Dylan (when interviewing him in hospitality after a game) about Dylan and SJM being flatmates? I also recall SDG making reference to some of the boys ending up in John's flat in Edinburgh on the night of the cup final?

I've also read somewhere about Dylan's family hoping he stays at Hibs?

Time will tell what happens but I sincerely hope he stays... IMO.. when he plays well - the team play well.

He flew under the radar for a long time but I personally think he is a fantastic player and hope he is one we can keep.
He stays in the flats near Sainsbury at meadowbank.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-03-2018, 02:16 PM
He stays in the flats near Sainsbury at meadowbank.

Lets form and angry mob light torches and loom over him

California-Hibs
13-03-2018, 02:22 PM

This. It’s a no brainer for a footballer to choose Hibs over Aberdeen, or at least should be. And that’s not with the green specs on either! You’ve highlighted some of the key points and they’re very significant.

snooky
13-03-2018, 02:26 PM
This. It’s a no brainer for a footballer to choose Hibs over Aberdeen, or at least should be. And that’s not with the green specs on either! You’ve highlighted some of the key points and they’re very significant.

:agree: Let's hope Mr Dylan doesn't dodge city

(The auld yins will get it :greengrin)

ancient hibee
13-03-2018, 04:11 PM
:agree: Let's hope Mr Dylan doesn't dodge city

(The auld yins will get it :greengrin)
No smoke without fire.

eastcoasthibby
13-03-2018, 04:53 PM
We need to make him the best possible offer we can and it should be inline with what Aberdeen offer, especially if we are serious about making a step up in the league to where Aberdeen are ...realty is he has ben very good and consistent,dominating quite a few games this season for us ...so as a top 5-6 midfielder in Scotland.he willneed tobe paid accordingly...
If he goes he will be very difficult to replace he is quality.

Velma Dinkley
13-03-2018, 04:57 PM

If he had agreed to join The Rangers they would have leaked it to the press by now in an effort to cause us problems and impress their fans.

SRHibs
13-03-2018, 05:06 PM

I would say that’s the definition of green-tinted specs. You’re only highlighting the areas in which we excel and conveniently ignoring Aberdeen’s strengths.

Aberdeen are more successful in recent times, pay more, and have a large financial backing which bodes well for their future. Their crowds aren’t great at the moment but they’ve shown in the past that they are capable of drawing large crowds. He’s been at Hibs for quite a while now, and yeah I think Edinburgh is an objectively nicer city, but maybe he fancies a change.

I don’t think there’s much between the 2 if I’m being completely honest. Hope we offer him as much as we feasibly can to hold on to him though.

Smartie
13-03-2018, 05:25 PM
If he had agreed to join The Rangers they would have leaked it to the press by now in an effort to cause us problems and impress their fans.

Possibly, that would certainly be their style.

But would they really want to make life unnecessarily difficult for a potentially excellent value new signing who would still have the option to tell them to stuff it?

Sauzee16
13-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Possibly, that would certainly be their style.

But would they really want to make life unnecessarily difficult for a potentially excellent value new signing who would still have the option to tell them to stuff it?

If he signs a pca only club can cancel.

No way Dylan makes the Scotland squad the day after huns get pumped and it’s not leaked if he’s off to them as a good news story. They only care about them, nobody else.

Smartie
13-03-2018, 05:41 PM
If he signs a pca only club can cancel.

No way Dylan makes the Scotland squad the day after huns get pumped and it’s not leaked if he’s off to them as a good news story. They only care about them, nobody else.

Is that right?

I thought PCA's were one of those types of "not worth the paper they are written on" type of agreements that are a gentleman's agreement but little more.

Speedy
13-03-2018, 05:44 PM
We dont know its marginally more money though. Looking at the respective clubs current turnover its not beyond the realms of possibility they could be offering extra £1000 - £1500 a week , thats an extra £150,000 - £230,000 over a 3 year contract.

Is their turnover likely to be any more than ours from now on?

While we were in the championship, yes, but can't be much in it now.

Peevemor
13-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Last year Aberdeen made a profit of £533k on a turnover of £15.2m, Hibs made a loss of £277k on a turnover of £7.7m. These figures will probably be closer this year, but Aberdeen are currently able to pay substantially more than us, particularly for a key player.

Ozyhibby
13-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Last year Aberdeen made a profit of £533k on a turnover of £15.2m, Hibs made a loss of £277k on a turnover of £7.7m. These figures will probably be closer this year, but Aberdeen are currently able to pay substantially more than us, particularly for a key player.

Aberdeen’s turnover being 50% bigger than the yams on much smaller crowds in the same league is a mystery to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big L
13-03-2018, 06:42 PM
Aberdeen’s turnover being 50% bigger than the yams on much smaller crowds in the same league is a mystery to me.

Commercial income I believe!

snooky
13-03-2018, 06:43 PM
Indeed. As the saying goes, "the king is dead,long live the king"......

:agree: As I've said before, every one of the players on Hibs books will leave. The only question is when.
Throughout the years, many players have come and gone (some "irreplacable") .... yet here we are, still alive and kicking.

FifeHibs
13-03-2018, 06:44 PM
http://www.scottishconstructionnow.com/2995/local-civil-engineering-firm-wipes-aberdeen-fc-debts/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/dons-land-1-million-deal-us-businessman-tom-crotty2/amp/

https://www.afc.co.uk/2017/06/13/dave-cormack-joins-afc-board-as-major-shareholder/

FifeHibs
13-03-2018, 06:47 PM
The boys in the office up here believe all is not well behind the scenes. The fans have been putting round a poll that if Aberdeen go out the cup then McInness had to go.
Some openly admit the style is horrific to watch and question the signings

Sauzee16
13-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Is that right?

I thought PCA's were one of those types of "not worth the paper they are written on" type of agreements that are a gentleman's agreement but little more.

Club can cancel it player commits.

Billy Whizz
13-03-2018, 07:07 PM

Me too. There’s no way they are getting that much more in commercial income than Hibs and Hearts

jacomo
13-03-2018, 07:15 PM

Agree it’s baffling. Does their shirt sponsor pay 10x the going rate?

Speedy
14-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Had a look at the accounts...

Their £15m turnover is made up of: £5m Gate Recipts, £1.5m Sponsorship/Advertising, £3m Broadcasting, £4.5m Commercial, £1m UEFA Prize Money.

I can't see a breakdown of our £7.7m turnover.

For expenses, they spend: £8m Staff Costs, £3m Cost of Sales (not sure what exactly this is but presumably falls within Other for us), £4m Other Operating expenses

Ours is: £4.5m Staff Costs, £3m Other Operating expenses

So fair to say they do pay a lot more than us, and even after our good year this year we won't be close to paying the same in the short term.

Goes to show how good a job the football staff at Hibs are doing given relative limited resources.

Earlydelivery
14-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Aberdeen pay on average £900pw more than us . They brought on board a wealthy exiled dons fan from USA , and a couple from bridge on don . Who both put up considerable sums of cash to be invited on to the board .

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Had a look at the accounts...

Their £15m turnover is made up of: £5m Gate Recipts, £1.5m Sponsorship/Advertising, £3m Broadcasting, £4.5m Commercial, £1m UEFA Prize Money.

I can't see a breakdown of our £7.7m turnover.

For expenses, they spend: £8m Staff Costs, £3m Cost of Sales (not sure what exactly this is but presumably falls within Other for us), £4m Other Operating expenses

Ours is: £4.5m Staff Costs, £3m Other Operating expenses

So fair to say they do pay a lot more than us, and even after our good year this year we won't be close to paying the same in the short term.

Goes to show how good a job the football staff at Hibs are doing given relative limited resources.Do you know if they outsource their catering? If they don't, that will account for a large part of the excess. It would also account for the much larger payroll costs, and the Cost of Sales.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
14-03-2018, 10:24 AM
Aberdeen pay on average £900pw more than us . They brought on board a wealthy exiled dons fan from USA , and a couple from bridge on don . Who both put up considerable sums of cash to be invited on to the board .

Yip. Hence the reason i was wanting them pumped last night.

Oscar T Grouch
14-03-2018, 10:32 AM
Club can cancel it player commits.

Pre contract agreements are not binding in legal terms, that means neither party in the agreement is bound to honour. I do not think it has been tested in court. I would add that this is in general, there can be specific clauses in a PCA that bars one or both parties from pulling out or changing something or disclosing information within the agreement, but I can't think of any sane player that would sign a PCA that allows only the club to pull the plug.

Hibbyradge
14-03-2018, 10:33 AM
Yip. Hence the reason i was wanting them pumped last night.

I understand the thinking, but I don't share it. "Make them sheite so we can beat them."

That's a race to the bottom.

I'd prefer that Hibs get the opportunities to be as good as possible rather than other teams were crap.

Getting into Europe gives us an opportunity to do that, as challenging as it may be to succeed.

It may also be the convincer needed to keep some of our better players. Killie progressing would have meant that we wouldn't be certain of Europe until 4.40 on 19 May by which stage players who are currently having doubts may have made their decisions.

Sauzee16
14-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Pre contract agreements are not binding in legal terms, that means neither party in the agreement is bound to honour. I do not think it has been tested in court. I would add that this is in general, there can be specific clauses in a PCA that bars one or both parties from pulling out or changing something or disclosing information within the agreement, but I can't think of any sane player that would sign a PCA that allows only the club to pull the plug.

Is there any examples at all of a player cancelling a PCA without the club he was due to joins blessing?

Since90+2
14-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Is there any examples at all of a player cancelling a PCA without the club he was due to joins blessing?

Was there not a Ross County player who tried to cancel his pre contract with St Johnstone? Sure he said he wife had a change of heart about moving and it got abit messy between the player and club.

Sauzee16
14-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Was there not a Ross County player who tried to cancel his pre contract with St Johnstone? Sure he said he wife had a change of heart about moving and it got abit messy between the player and club.

Richard Britain I think it was. Good call. It cost County money for art Johnstone to transfer him back though as he was technically a Saints player.

H18 SFR
14-03-2018, 10:44 AM
The boys in the office up here believe all is not well behind the scenes. The fans have been putting round a poll that if Aberdeen go out the cup then McInness had to go.
Some openly admit the style is horrific to watch and question the signings

Heard this as well. They do have the odd game where they're on fire though.

Sergio sledge
14-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Do you know if they outsource their catering? If they don't, that will account for a large part of the excess. It would also account for the much larger payroll costs, and the Cost of Sales.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I think that they do catering and retail operations "in-house" whereas we outsource both. I wonder if there is any way of finding out how much turnover the Hibs shop does, can people access the accounts of the people who run it? That might help us to compare where the differences between Aberdeen and us are.

You'd have to think that our turnover will jump to north of £10m in the next set of accounts (1st season back in the Prem) with additional broadcasting revenue, prize money and UEFA money for Celtic's participation in the Champions League.

Oscar T Grouch
14-03-2018, 10:55 AM

I really don't know, I was merely stating what the legal standpoint is in regards to PCAs. It would be very strange for a PCA to include clauses which would allow only one party to cancel the agreement. The thing with PCAs is that they tend to go through without issue, the players are usually moving onto a better salary and the club is gaining a better player.

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2018, 10:56 AM
I think that they do catering and retail operations "in-house" whereas we outsource both. I wonder if there is any way of finding out how much turnover the Hibs shop does, can people access the accounts of the people who run it? That might help us to compare where the differences between Aberdeen and us are.

You'd have to think that our turnover will jump to north of £10m in the next set of accounts (1st season back in the Prem) with additional broadcasting revenue, prize money and UEFA money for Celtic's participation in the Champions League.

If that's the case, then the "mystery" is solved. That, plus the fact that Aberdeen is a one-stadium city, and Edinburgh has 3.

Who runs the Hibs shop? Any clues?

Sauzee16
14-03-2018, 11:01 AM
I really don't know, I was merely stating what the legal standpoint is in regards to PCAs. It would be very strange for a PCA to include clauses which would allow only one party to cancel the agreement. The thing with PCAs is that they tend to go through without issue, the players are usually moving onto a better salary and the club is gaining a better player.

No problem. Thanks!

Sergio sledge
14-03-2018, 11:04 AM
If that's the case, then the "mystery" is solved. That, plus the fact that Aberdeen is a one-stadium city, and Edinburgh has 3.

Who runs the Hibs shop? Any clues?

PSL (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7420) run our retail operations. They only took over in June 2017 however, so I guess we'd have to wait until their next accounts came out to find out. I can't remember who ran the shop before PSL.

Since90+2
14-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Leannn and Rod seem pretty astute business people , surely if just by bringing certain things in house it resulted in a huge increase in revenue they would have done so?

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Leannn and Rod seem pretty astute business people , surely if just by bringing certain things in house it resulted in a huge increase in revenue they would have done so?

Indeed.

I think some are getting mixed up between "turnover" and "profit". The former is important, but much less so than the latter.

Sergio sledge
14-03-2018, 11:19 AM

:agree: It would be a big increase in revenue but also a big increase in costs, risk and logistical issues. Ultimately the bottom line is profit, not turnover.

The biggest issue with Aberdeen is that they do seem to be able to pay more than us towards the football side of the business so does having the retail and catering options "in-house" allow them to do that?

Because Aberdeen is a one-club city and because there isn't much else around in terms of sporting hospitality options (Edinburgh has Scotland Rugby, Edinburgh Rugby, Hibs, Hearts, Speedway, Musselburgh Races, etc.) I suspect their hospitality and sponsorship income is significantly more than us also.

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2018, 11:20 AM
PSL (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7420) run our retail operations. They only took over in June 2017 however, so I guess we'd have to wait until their next accounts came out to find out. I can't remember who ran the shop before PSL.

Cheers.

PSL Team Sports Limited, if that's who they are, were dormant until at least January 2017. It sounds like we are their first client. So, if they do their accounts to January 2018, or even extend their period-end to June, those first accounts will be very interesting.

JeMeSouviens
14-03-2018, 11:23 AM

Pretty sure it was these guys before:

http://www.justsport-group.com/justsport-proclub/

JeMeSouviens
14-03-2018, 11:27 AM
Cheers.

PSL Team Sports Limited, if that's who they are, were dormant until at least January 2017. It sounds like we are their first client. So, if they do their accounts to January 2018, or even extend their period-end to June, those first accounts will be very interesting.

They do lots of smaller football and rugby stuff. They've been doing Currie Rugby for years.

https://www.pslteamsports.com/club-shops.html

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2018, 11:33 AM
They do lots of smaller football and rugby stuff. They've been doing Currie Rugby for years.

Ta.

I'm guessing that they ran that as a sole trader or partnership, then, or perhaps the company that owns them have a different name. The company with that name haven't filed any trading accounts.

JeMeSouviens
14-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Ta.

I'm guessing that they ran that as a sole trader or partnership, then, or perhaps the company that owns them have a different name. The company with that name haven't filed any trading accounts.

Started in 2006, PSL Team Sports was created as a division of Provan Sports Limited (PSL) to focus on our expertise in providing kit, clothing and equipment solutions.

Think this is the parent:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC306073

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Think this is the parent:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC306073

Ta.

Because that's a small company, there is no Profit and Loss Account filed. So it would be difficult to gauge, from future accounts, how much Hibs are worth to them.

I am wondering if they have set up new company just to deal with Hibs; or perhaps they might use the dormant company that's already there. Either way, we won't know until the summer at the earliest.

Spudster
14-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Have we really come to the conclusion that Aberdeen have double the turnover than us cos they don't outsource catering and retail? Catering to a half empty stadium and they reduce kits to £10 around April. Much more likely advertising/commercial IMO

JeMeSouviens
14-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Have we really come to the conclusion that Aberdeen have double the turnover than us cos they don't outsource catering and retail? Catering to a half empty stadium and they reduce kits to £10 around April. Much more likely advertising/commercial IMO

Their runs to both cup finals and 2nd in the league last year would have added substantial prize money as well.

Ozyhibby
14-03-2018, 03:06 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/dylan-mcgeouch-hibs-contract-talks-still-ongoing-1-4705532/amp?__twitter_impression=true

hibsforeurope
14-03-2018, 03:39 PM

They are also doing the kit for Team Scotland at the Commonwealth Games next month.

Jim44
14-03-2018, 03:44 PM
He added: “I’m enjoying my time [at Hibs], I’ve had a lot of highs and it’s been a great season. But obviously I need to get the best deal I can for myself at this time in my career.

“I’m still at a young age, I don’t really want to chase the money. My time here has been great and I have had an excellent relationship with the fans and the club. I wouldn’t just take the first offer that came.”

Depending on how you care to interpret the above, I would guess it’s 50-50 as to whether he stays or goes. Some of it sounds very promising and encouraging for what we want to hear but the crucial comment to my mind is “I need to get the best deal I can for myself at this time in my career.” The best deal, of course, doesn’t have to be financial, but despite what he says about ‘not wanting to chase the money’ you can’t help feeling it will be about money and he can’t be faulted for that.

Stevie Reid
14-03-2018, 03:45 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/dylan-mcgeouch-hibs-contract-talks-still-ongoing-1-4705532/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Sounds pretty positive, especially regards to his thoughts on money and his relationship with us.

snooky
14-03-2018, 03:53 PM
He added: “I’m enjoying my time [at Hibs], I’ve had a lot of highs and it’s been a great season. But obviously I need to get the best deal I can for myself at this time in my career.

“I’m still at a young age, I don’t really want to chase the money. My time here has been great and I have had an excellent relationship with the fans and the club. I wouldn’t just take the first offer that came.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Depending on how you care to interpret the above, I would guess it’s 50-50 as to whether he stays or goes. Some of it sounds very promising and encouraging for what we want to hear but the crucial comment to my mind is “I need to get the best deal I can for myself at this time in my career.” The best deal, of course, doesn’t have to be financial, but despite what he says about ‘not wanting to chase the money’ you can’t help feeling it will be about money and he can’t be faulted for that.

I read that as "Im not moving for the sake of moving. Show me a wad of greens, then I'll sign".

I would have thought Hibs have assessed their value of him and have offered him somewhere close but holding on to some for 'further negotiation purposes'. I think Dylan maybe sees himself worth more than our top dollar and if someone offers him that, he's offski.
I don't think he'll be with us next season. Hope I'm wrong though - big time.

Cat Stanton
14-03-2018, 03:57 PM
Yeah, sounds hopeful ("McGeouch says he would be more than happy to stay if agreement can be reached." - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43404859) .

Just keep Rod away from the negotiating table FFS..

hibsforeurope
14-03-2018, 04:00 PM

That is a worrying set of quotes.

I think he has proved his worth and is now worthy of top offer from us to keep him. We can't be letting International players slip away for nothing.
For me hes arguably the most important part of the current midfield 3.

jeffers
14-03-2018, 04:25 PM

I think he has proved his worth and is now worthy of top offer from us to keep him. We can't be letting International players slip away for nothing.

While having no inside knowledge I'd be surprised if he came from Celtic to play for us for sweeties, and I'd be surprised if the deal we are offering him to stay isn't a decent one in terms of what we can afford to pay, we certainly aren't letting him slip away for nothing. Sounds like he's waiting until the summer and will assess his options then, which these days most out of contract players seem to do.

The current midfielders complement each other, but of the three I'd rather keep Scott Allan and John McGinn before him. He doesn't create or score goals, nor does he stop them, all his effective work relies on others to do those things. I appreciate his abilities and what he brings to the side, but he's not a matchwinner while the other two are. Ideally I'd like all three to stay, because outwith Celtic I think they are the best midfield in Scotland, if not as good.

Since90+2
14-03-2018, 04:27 PM
While having no inside knowledge I'd be surprised if he came from Celtic to play for us for sweeties, and I'd be surprised if the deal we are offering him to stay isn't a decent one in terms of what we can afford to pay, we certainly aren't letting him slip away for nothing. Sounds like he's waiting until the summer and will assess his options then, which these days most out of contract players seem to do.

The current midfielders complement each other, but of the three I'd rather keep Scott Allan and John McGinn before him. He doesn't create or score goals, nor does he stop them, all his effective work relies on others to do those things. I appreciate his abilities and what he brings to the side, but he's not a matchwinner while the other two are. Ideally I'd like all three to stay, because outwith Celtic I think they are the best midfield in Scotland, if not as good.

Dylan is without doubt a matchwinner , maybe not normally in terms of a killer pass or goal but his ability to control the tempo of games is absolutely vital in us winning matches.

jeffers
14-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Dylan is without doubt a matchwinner , maybe not in terms of a killer pass or goal but his ability to control the tempo of games is absolutely vital in us winning matches.

We will need to agree to disagree on the definition of a matchwinner.

Since90+2
14-03-2018, 04:38 PM
We will need to agree to disagree on the definition of a matchwinner.

Is it not a performance from player that is above most others on the park that materially impacts the outcome of a match? I think its too simplistic to narrow it down to someone playing a particular pass or putting in a particular cross ect

snooky
14-03-2018, 04:41 PM

What if he breaks down again?
Okay he's been fine this season but there is that question mark over him.
The related risk factor should be considered in assessing his worth.

jeffers
14-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Is it not a performance from player that is above most others on the park that materially impacts the outcome of a match? I think its too simplistic to narrow it down to someone playing a particular pass or putting in a particular cross ect

Yes my view is simplistic, but the Collins definition of a matchwinner "a player who wins a sports match for his or her team, for example by scoring a goal" would be my definition too. His play contributes towards us winning matches, it's others who IMO win us those matches. And none of that is to say he's not a good player.

Sir David Gray
14-03-2018, 04:52 PM
I'm comfortable that Hibs will offer him the best possible deal that they can. Whether or not he signs that deal is entirely up to him. He needs to do what's best for himself and his family and if he feels that's going elsewhere then so be it.

He would be a massive loss to the club and I would be gutted if he left for free but these things happen.

It would be very difficult to replace someone of his ability but I trust the board and coaching staff to do the best thing for the club.

I sincerely hope that he agrees a new contract though, it's a privilege to watch him when he's on the top of his game and if it wasn't for his injuries, he would have had his Scotland debut at least a year ago.

Sergio sledge
14-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Yes my view is simplistic, but the Collins definition of a matchwinner "a player who wins a sports match for his or her team, for example by scoring a goal" would be my definition too. His play contributes towards us winning matches, it's others who IMO win us those matches. And none of that is to say he's not a good player.

I prefer the Oxford definition :greengrin "A person whose skill brings about or contributes to victory in a match."

I don't know the stats and I could be totally wrong, but it seems to me that we win more matches and play better when Dylan plays than when he doesn't. He might not be scoring goals or getting assists, but if his presence and play means that the rest of the teams performance is lifted to a better standard then to me that is a match winning contribution.

I'm confident that we'll offer him the best deal we feel we can. I'm also pretty sure he'd be able to get a much better deal down south. Hopefully he's true to his word that it isn't all about chasing the money at this stage in his career. He's a vital part of the way we play and he would be a massive loss if he left.

jeffers
14-03-2018, 05:30 PM
I prefer the Oxford definition :greengrin "A person whose skill brings about or contributes to victory in a match."

I don't know the stats and I could be totally wrong, but it seems to me that we win more matches and play better when Dylan plays than when he doesn't. He might not be scoring goals or getting assists, but if his presence and play means that the rest of the teams performance is lifted to a better standard then to me that is a match winning contribution.

I'm confident that we'll offer him the best deal we feel we can. I'm also pretty sure he'd be able to get a much better deal down south. Hopefully he's true to his word that it isn't all about chasing the money at this stage in his career. He's a vital part of the way we play and he would be a massive loss if he left.

The Oxford definition, I definitely agree with. I don't know the stats either and his play complements SJM and Scott Allan, but without them all his good work won't win us games, he needs other players around him to do that. I've referenced it before, but Scott Allan against the Huns in the 4-0 win was a match winning performance and when you consider the players he had alongside him it was spectacular. Would the result have been the same if McGeouch was playing instead of Scott Allan ??

JohnMcM
14-03-2018, 05:35 PM
I'm comfortable that Hibs will offer him the best possible deal that they can. Whether or not he signs that deal is entirely up to him. He needs to do what's best for himself and his family and if he feels that's going elsewhere then so be it.

He would be a massive loss to the club and I would be gutted if he left for free but these things happen.

It would be very difficult to replace someone of his ability but I trust the board and coaching staff to do the best thing for the club.

I sincerely hope that he agrees a new contract though, it's a privilege to watch him when he's on the top of his game and if it wasn't for his injuries, he would have had his Scotland debut at least a year ago.

Agreed.

Craig_HFC
14-03-2018, 05:48 PM
I’ll be absolutely gutted if Dylan leaves purely because I really love watching him play football.

Ken
14-03-2018, 06:01 PM
I’d expect the current offer to be very decent with Hibs leaving themselves some room to negotiate.

I’d like to see Hibs give him a reasonably good appearance bonus given how consistent he is when he plays, obviously keeping within our wage structure.

I’m pretty confident he’ll stay

Real Emerald
14-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Happy to stay at Hibs according to STV headlines 👍

14-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Happy to stay at Hibs according to STV headlines 👍

I hope so but that's probably STV's interpretation of the above newspaper article.

Sauzee16
14-03-2018, 06:06 PM
2 year contract release clause of £1m double his wages as he’s now proven his fitness. When he’s fit we tick and we tick for him.

green day
14-03-2018, 06:14 PM
I wonder if both Dylan and McGinn might sign on.

They share a flat, so imagine there's been chats.

IGRIGI
14-03-2018, 06:17 PM

If they both sign on I doubt I'll have had a better Thomas Tank.

Billy Whizz
14-03-2018, 06:20 PM
STV interview saying we’re playing at Kilmarnock on Friday, think they would get some basics right

Last Minute
14-03-2018, 06:21 PM
otherwise SHOW ME THE MONEY.

Get it done Hibs

Borderhibbie76
14-03-2018, 06:22 PM
If they both sign on I doubt I'll have had a better Thomas Tank.Haha and a perm.deal.for Scotty to that and it will be the Tommy tank to end all Tommy tanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sauzee16

We would have had “John and Dylan have signed up for next year have you?” Chat with season tickets.

Fact is McGinn deserves his move now and he is ready. Dylan we hav looked after and I feel he owes us a year or two for the patience and development and the support. Let’s see if it’s replicated.

CRAZYHIBBY
Hes said he needs to look after himself and see whats the best deal for him...so basicly if another club offers more money then hes off

Onion
14-03-2018, 06:32 PM

If Hibs best is not enough, then we need to let him go ASAP so we can look for a decent replacement. It's all fine and well players playing hardball to get the last penny out of the club but in the end we need players who really want to be at ER for the right reasons. There have been plenty of examples of guys chasing the extra few quid who probably wished they'd stayed where they were. Hibernian FC must be one of the best clubs to be at this present time with fans, players, management, facilities and performances all going well. That's a good place to do your work.

snooky
14-03-2018, 06:40 PM
If Hibs best is not enough, then we need to let him go ASAP so we can look for a decent replacement. It's all fine and well players playing hardball to get the last penny out of the club but in the end we need players who really want to be at ER for the right reasons. There have been plenty of examples of guys chasing the extra few quid who probably wished they'd stayed where they were. Hibernian FC must be one of the best clubs to be at this present time with fans, players, management, facilities and performances all going well. That's a good place to do your work.

Spot on. While money is the main thing to some people, it's not everything. How many have moved for the quick buck and regretted it?

Baldy Foghorn
14-03-2018, 06:43 PM

Correct

madhatter
I have no problem with him leaving. What would be nice is if he negotiated a sign on at his new club and gave proceeds to Hibs youth setup or something like that.

Hate when players leave for nothing. He absolutely needs to do what is best for him but Hibs have at least helped him get his career back on track and I don’t think that should be forgotten. It would maintain his legacy at the club (even further it).

If we all get STs (if we can) and back HSL we will get an able replacement. Players leave and teams evolve. Enjoy them while they are here. Hibs will surely be planning for the worst scenario in the summer.

I personally think McGeouch and McGinn will be away in the summer.

Sauzee16
Spot on. While money is the main thing to some people, it's not everything. How many have moved for the quick buck and regretted it?

Dylan would only need to ask around the dressing room.

H18 SFR
14-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Headline news on Scotland Today - he wants to stay at Hibs.

Famous Fiver
14-03-2018, 07:04 PM
At a price.

Jim44
14-03-2018, 07:08 PM

‘Happy to stay at Hibs’, perhaps, but surely qualified by ‘if the money is good enough’. The fact that he hasn’t agreed a deal so far suggests that what we are offering might not be enough. I don’t know how much the Dempster factor allows for ‘pushing the boat out’, compared with the immovable rock of the Petrie leadership. I think we should be bending over backwards to keep him but I won’t hold my breath.

madhatter
14-03-2018, 07:15 PM
‘Happy to stay at Hibs’, perhaps, but surely qualified by ‘if the money is good enough’. The fact that he hasn’t agreed a deal so far suggests that what we are offering might not be enough. I don’t know how much the Dempster factor allows for ‘pushing the boat out’, compared with the immovable rock of the Petrie leadership. I think we should be bending over backwards to keep him but I won’t hold my breath.

I’m confident that the club are doing as much as they can. We’ll be priced out of English 1st Divison and above, they get stupid money down there. Bournemouth in EPL have a lower average attendance than us but will be offering 10-20k a week to their players.

BlackSheep
14-03-2018, 07:17 PM
After pushing the boat out for Stokes and getting their fingers burnt, its hardly a surprise the board/LD/Petrie are weary of offering too much, especially to a player who looks to have shaken injury concerns, but could potentially end up on the sidelines for long periods of time.

Ozyhibby
14-03-2018, 07:17 PM
There is a ten minute interview up on the Hibs Facebook page if anyone is interested.
Haven’t got a link handy, sorry.

H18 SFR
14-03-2018, 07:21 PM

Sorry folks, just realised I'm watching STV +1. Noticed it's already been discussed. I'm feeling like a bit of a Craig Levein now.

tamig
14-03-2018, 07:27 PM
Just upped my contribution based on this post. I’m sure my extra few quid won’t make a big difference but every little helps

I signed up the other night and looks like a few more folk on here have as well. HSL is our chance to do something that directly influences what we see on the pitch. Come on folks.

brydekirk
14-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Qualifying for Europe will help keep them at Easter road

southern hibby
14-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Maybe just maybe he’s waiting to make sure we get into Europe. X amount of European games on his CV will make him more attractive to English/ foreign suitors. Which makes me think he’ll sign a two year extension and go if an exceptable amount is offered for him.

GGTTH

YehButNoBut
14-03-2018, 08:36 PM
Good interview here with Dylan, discussing his future amongst other things, sounds like we still have a decent chance in keeping him, says he won't just be chasing the money.

https://www.facebook.com/hibernianfootballclubofficial/videos/1587651438000578/

Tyler Durden
14-03-2018, 10:05 PM
I’m confident that the club are doing as much as they can. We’ll be priced out of English 1st Divison and above, they get stupid money down there. Bournemouth in EPL have a lower average attendance than us but will be offering 10-20k a week to their players.

Jermain Defoe gets £130k per week!

Hibs4185
14-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Through thick and thin I have said to my friends that McGeouch is the best footballer at Easter Road.

What is in our favour is that he has two examples playing beside him of how to go about your career.

For the record I think allan is the most talented.

You come to hibs and salvage your career like Allan. You leave hibs for bigger money but end up back here.

McGinn makes his name at St Mirren and takes the unexpected but smaller step to hibs. Proves his worth, earns a cap and is quoted at £5 million.

This is Dylan’s first full season. His brilliance and talent is undoubted. Do a Stubbs and go to the championship and take the risk.

Do a McGinn, give us one more season and you will never look back

No brained for me. Another year, show the world what you can do in the premiership-in a team who will probably qualify for Europe, and then earn yourself the move.

vahibbie
14-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Qualifying for Europe will help keep them at Easter road
I think this current team will be quite well suited to European football so we may have a surprisingly good run.
Maybe SJM and Dylan think that as well. Keeping our midfield 3 is not out of the question.

Stokesy's on fire
15-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Keeping Dylan on would be as good as making a new signing to me but i do wish he would take the ball into the box and have a pop sometimes.

we are hibs
15-03-2018, 09:30 AM
We would have had “John and Dylan have signed up for next year have you?” Chat with season tickets.

Fact is McGinn deserves his move now and he is ready. Dylan we hav looked after and I feel he owes us a year or two for the patience and development and the support. Let’s see if it’s replicated.

He doesn't owe hibs or anyone anything. He's a professional footballer who's had bad luck with injuries. He's played a massive part in getting us up, winning the cup and probably getting us into europe. I'd say he's done more than enough for the club and supporters and if he chooses to go he goes with our best wishes, he's been a joy to watch over the last 4 years.

TorMTH
15-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Anyone in the know how many 100's or 1000's we are away from getting him to sign up again?Is it any coincidence HSL has been actively promoting itself this last week

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

Smartie
15-03-2018, 09:56 AM
He doesn't owe hibs or anyone anything. He's a professional footballer who's had bad luck with injuries. He's played a massive part in getting us up, winning the cup and probably getting us into europe. I'd say he's done more than enough for the club and supporters and if he chooses to go he goes with our best wishes, he's been a joy to watch over the last 4 years.

Excellent post - totally agree.

Golden Bear
15-03-2018, 09:58 AM
I've been reading a newspaper article on Dylan's current situation and for all the good noises he makes about the Club, I get the distinct impression that he's looking for new pastures to further develop his career. And oh aye, a pay increase to boot.

hibsforeurope
15-03-2018, 09:59 AM
What if he breaks down again?
Okay he's been fine this season but there is that question mark over him.
The related risk factor should be considered in assessing his worth.

That's true he might but that could be said about anyone. Anyone could pick up a freak injury, I think this season he's proved his fitness. no one plays 100% it's all about managing injuries and niggles

CapitalGreen
15-03-2018, 10:06 AM

Great post

Sauzee16
15-03-2018, 10:51 AM

We as a club have been very good and patient with DM through all his injuries. It would be nice now he seems to be free of them and playing at the top of his game that he would acknowledge this and sign a deal so we get a fee for him. Maybe that’s just me. He would still go with best wishes if he doesn’t like.

JeMeSouviens
15-03-2018, 11:34 AM
We as a club have been very good and patient with DM through all his injuries. It would be nice now he seems to be free of them and playing at the top of his game that he would acknowledge this and sign a deal so we get a fee for him. Maybe that’s just me. He would still go with best wishes if he doesn’t like.

We had no choice - he was under contract! And there wouldn't have been a queue of clubs looking to take a chance on him while he was in that injury prone phase. Hopefully Hibs and Dylan will get a deal together to suit both, but I certainly wouldn't grudge him a move if he thinks he can get a better deal.

Blaster
15-03-2018, 11:43 AM
Mcgeouch or any of the cup winning team for that matter owe Hibs nothing. Without that day we would be nowhere near the position we are in now

Hopefully he signs for another couple of years but if he goes best wishes to him

EH54
15-03-2018, 11:48 AM
I would be nice if players like McGinn and McGeouch regardless if they intend to stay or not sign new deals with the club to thank the club for progressing there career. Meaning that if teams want them they need to pay the price for them. I would be disappointed if Dylan left the club in the summer never mind for nothing. But people are right he owes us nothing and i would wish him all the best. I still hope he will stays and i have been critical of Dylan in the past never thought he was consistent enough and never seemed to come under real criticism when he had a bad game maybe that's because my expectations of him was always higher. But this season IMO he has been our best midfielder by a long shot.

NAE NOOKIE
15-03-2018, 12:03 PM
I could understand Dylan looking for a move to increase his chances of European football, trophies, or more money. But IMO a move to Aberdeen would only improve his prospects of that in one area and that's the money, provided Hibs upward curve continues of course.

He isn't going to double what Hibs will be offering as he might be able to with a move down south ... I would be very disappointed if we were to lose him to Aberdeen for the sake of a few hundred quid.

snooky
15-03-2018, 12:07 PM
We had no choice - he was under contract! And there wouldn't have been a queue of clubs looking to take a chance on him while he was in that injury prone phase. Hopefully Hibs and Dylan will get a deal together to suit both, but I certainly wouldn't grudge him a move if he thinks he can get a better deal.

When Dylan was injured, didn't Hibs say he could look for another club?
I may be wrong mind you.

Since90+2
15-03-2018, 12:12 PM
I could understand Dylan looking for a move to increase his chances of European football, trophies, or more money. But IMO a move to Aberdeen would only improve his prospects of that in one area and that's the money, provided Hibs upward curve continues of course.

He isn't going to double what Hibs will be offering as he might be able to with a move down south ... I would be very disappointed if we were to lose him to Aberdeen for the sake of a few hundred quid.

We dont know its only a few hundred quid though. Aberdeen's turnover and staff costs would suggest they pay substantially more than we do.

JeMeSouviens
15-03-2018, 12:13 PM
When Dylan was injured, didn't Hibs say he could look for another club?
I may be wrong mind you.

Yes, but in the absence of him finding one, it's not like we could've stopped paying him.

snooky
15-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Yes, but in the absence of him finding one, it's not like we could've stopped paying him.

I wasn't meaning it in that sense. I was referring to the suggestion that he should show some loyalty to the club.
I don't think he has any obligation to, TBH.

CropleyWasGod
15-03-2018, 12:23 PM
We dont know its only a few hundred quid though. Aberdeen's turnover and staff costs would suggest they pay substantially more than we do.

You can't deduce that from the accounts. As has been said, their shop and catering are in-house; hence their income, staff numbers and costs are bound to be higher.

Is It On....
15-03-2018, 12:30 PM

I think your numbers may a bit out (unbelievably). The last set of accounts produced by the football "powerhouse" known as Watford FC reveal that their wage bill for the year to June 17 was £76m. They also spend another £30m on "other operating expenses". Any player from Scotland that gets the call from a premier league club is going to be getting rich even if they are just a squad player. Unfortunately no one (even Sellick) can compete.

JeMeSouviens
15-03-2018, 12:32 PM
I wasn't meaning it in that sense. I was referring to the suggestion that he should show some loyalty to the club.

:agree:

Green Badger
15-03-2018, 01:29 PM
If he does decide to leave, then I would not hold it against him. As others have said, he was a key element of us winning the cup and for that we are forever grateful.

However, I would be disappointed if he left for Aberdeen - just seems like a sideways move, and potentially a downwards move if we continue our ascendancy and they maybe plateau or drop down a bit.

Lago
15-03-2018, 01:51 PM
2 things, I doubt very much if he will go to Aberdeen. I doubt very much if Aberdeen is the only club interested in him.
Lastly the Aberdeen interest seems, to me , to be based on little information.

1van Sprou7e
15-03-2018, 01:55 PM
2 things, I doubt very much if he will go to Aberdeen. I doubt very much if Aberdeen is the only club interested in him.
Lastly the Aberdeen interest seems, to me , to be based on little information.

Agree, Aberdeen may pay more but if he wants money he's going west or south, not north

Deansy
15-03-2018, 02:07 PM
I just hope Dylan realises that it makes sense to go with the team that's on the up - us !. And unlike Aberdeen, we never, ever lie down to the 'Old S*um' - plus our support's a damn sight more louder, more inventive and much, much more fun compared to the Sheep's !

Sauzee16
15-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Dylan will know he needs regular first team games to push his development further. Why risk moving at this stage of his career when we would build the team round him to move to Glasgow to probably sit on the bench or South which is a major gamble. A new improved contract acknowledging his development while keeping the consistency going surely makes sense.

Stokesy's on fire
15-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Aberdeen are linked with every single player in the Scottish market I wouldn't read into that they can't pay any more than we can and a move from Hibernian to Aberdeen would be a total backwards step for him. They also do not have the facilities to help maintain his fitness so I'm pretty sure the Dylan will make the decision that's most appropriate for his fitness and his future ambitions. Joining a club with a run down stadium and a dull support would be such a waste of talent.

GreenOnions
15-03-2018, 03:38 PM
Dyla. Why risk moving at this stage of his career when we would build the team round him to move to Glasgow to probably sit on the bench or South which is a major gamble. A new improved contract acknowledging his development while keeping the consistency going surely makes sense.

I agree with you. However, if DM moved to The Rangers he'd instantly become their best midfielder so doubt he'd be sitting on their bench.

Sauzee16
15-03-2018, 03:53 PM
I agree with you. However, if DM moved to The Rangers he'd instantly become their best midfielder so doubt he'd be sitting on their bench.

I would agree but different managers mean difffe is by thoughts.

Hibbyradge
15-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Dylan will know he needs regular first team games to push his development further. Why risk moving at this stage of his career when we would build the team round him to move to Glasgow to probably sit on the bench or South which is a major gamble. A new improved contract acknowledging his development while keeping the consistency going surely makes sense.

He's 25.

He's a fully developed footballer bang in the middle of his career and he isn't looking to be developed.

If I was him, and I received a lucrative offer from another club, I'd take it. In fact, despite what he says about not chasing the money, I'd be hoping for such an offer.

What's the major gamble signing a 3 or 4 year deal with an English Championship side?

CapitalGreen
15-03-2018, 04:50 PM

McGeouch isn't moving to Rangers.

jacomo
15-03-2018, 05:04 PM
If he signs another long term deal with us I promise I will write to Pep and ask him if he knows about the Scottish Iniesta.

I am sure Pep will then sanction a transfer in summer 2019 that will make Dylan and Hibs very rich indeed.

:greengrin

patlowe
15-03-2018, 06:06 PM
He's 25.

He's a fully developed footballer bang in the middle of his career and he isn't looking to be developed.

If I was him, and I received a lucrative offer from another club, I'd take it. In fact, despite what he says about not chasing the money, I'd be hoping for such an offer.

What's the major gamble signing a 3 or 4 year deal with an English Championship side?

Sadly I'm inclined to agree with you. For those saying he should look at the example of Allan et al, you could flip it and say that example shows that worst case scenario he will make a heap of cash and we'll happily take him back a couple of years down the line. Not saying that is his or anyone's thinking, just suggesting players won't decide against a step up in career based on the perceived success or failure of others.

3pm
15-03-2018, 06:35 PM
https://youtu.be/zficjnyFGkQ

berwickhibee
15-03-2018, 07:36 PM
We need to get him a song?? Show how we feel. Over to the clever ones??

Blocks Biloxi
15-03-2018, 07:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOtzIo-uYw

"Dylan McGeouch needs a song
Dyyy laaaan McGeouch... needs aaaa soooong"

southsider
15-03-2018, 08:55 PM
Nice one Dylan
nice one son
Nice one Dylan
Let's have another one.

BishopstonHibby
15-03-2018, 09:31 PM
I was thinking of something to the tune of Kaiser Chiefs’ Ruby but haven’t managed to come up with anything beyond substituting Dylan for Ruby in the first line:

“Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan”

Maybe someone else can finish it

Smartie
15-03-2018, 09:35 PM
I was thinking of something to the tune of Kaiser Chiefs’ Ruby but haven’t managed to come up with anything beyond substituting Dylan for Ruby in the first line:

“Dylan, Dylan, Dylan, Dylan”

Maybe someone else can finish it

How about " whoah oh oh oh oh oooooh" like in the Kaiser Chiefs song?

Viva_Palmeiras
15-03-2018, 09:38 PM

The Magic Roundabout feeme toon...

BishopstonHibby
15-03-2018, 09:42 PM
How about " whoah oh oh oh oh oooooh" like in the Kaiser Chiefs song?

Well yes! :-)

I was meaning more the actual lines after that

Juice-Terry
15-03-2018, 10:09 PM
The answer my friend... is Dylan McGeouch...the answer is Dylan McGeouch.

Scott Allan Key
15-03-2018, 10:48 PM
The answer my friend... is Dylan McGeouch...the answer is Dylan McGeouch.

Apologies to Bowie, Bob Dylan and Dylan McGeouch in advance

To tune of first verse and chorus, repeat of ‘Song for Bob Dylan’ by David Bowie

hear this Dylan McGeouch
We have a song for you
When you have the football
It sticks to your feet like glue
You devastated all the Jambo’s
With your passing on the floor
You won the cup with the Hibees
And put the fear in teams galore

Here we go here we go here we go again
The Hibees are in Europe Allan McGeouch and McGinn
They’ll tear your team to pieces as the perfect Scottish blend
A couple of plays from the three maestros
As Hibernian win again
Oh

Repeat

FifeHibs
15-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Ain't Nobody, like Mcgeough, Makes me happy, plays the Hibees way

15-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Dylan
Always brilliant with the ball
In tight space man

https://youtu.be/XCbAEkfXSDE

FifeHibs
15-03-2018, 11:50 PM
'Say that you want me (say that you want me). All of the time (all of the time).
'Say that you need me (say that you need me). Always be mine (always be mine)

Coz we've got - Dylan McGeough we've got - Dylan Mcgeough we've got - Mcgeough so glad you're mine'

Michael
16-03-2018, 12:41 AM
Well Dylan, Dylan, Do ya wanna?
Well Dylan, Dylan, Do ya wanna?
Wanna go and sign the contract once more

Speedy
16-03-2018, 08:01 AM
Ain't Nobody, like Mcgeough, Makes me happy, plays the Hibees way

Simple. Like it

worcesterhibby
16-03-2018, 09:52 AM
To the tune of Duran Duran "Rio"

Hi Name is Dylan and we sing it from the stand
His skills and ball control are hailed throughout the land
and when he distributes his passes are so neat
he's got such silky skills and magic, magic feet

Please sign your contract cos we need you in the team
with Scotty Allan and with Super John McGinn
The three amigos always play with flair and style
They make Levein cry and make all the Hibees smile

Na na na na na na na..na na na na na na na

Hibbyradge
16-03-2018, 10:48 AM

To tune of first verse and chorus, repeat of ‘Song for Bob Dylan’ by David Bowie

hear this Dylan McGeouch
We have a song for you

As Hibernian win again
Oh

Destined never to be repeated

Fixed that for you. :greengrin :wink:

Very good effort though. It scans perfectly and now the tune's in my head so I'm going to listen to it!

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-03-2018, 10:59 AM

Good wee piece in The Scotsman today. In his own words he owes everything to his physio and the backroom staff.

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2018, 11:02 AM

hear this Dylan McGeouch
We have a song for you

As Hibernian win again
Oh

Repeat

Excellent

Dashing Bob S
16-03-2018, 11:02 AM

Fabulous

JeMeSouviens
16-03-2018, 11:16 AM
I think "Dy-lan Mc-Ge-ouch clap-clap clap-clap-clap" has a better chance of taking off. :wink:

LichtieHibby
16-03-2018, 11:29 AM

Awfy good http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Lago
16-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Good wee piece in The Scotsman today. In his own words he owes everything to his physio and the backroom staff.
And some guy in London Snodgrass set him up with.

snooky
16-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Tune: Michael Jackson's "Thriller"

"His name is Dylan, Dylan's on the right,
Your goalie canny save you, cause Dylan's dynamite"

snooky
16-03-2018, 01:49 PM
Just watched (part) of his interview. When talking about his future I get the feeling by his choice of words and body language that he is leaving us. That's just how it rings to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already been tapped.
(By whom, you may ask? :lolrangers:)

superfurryhibby
16-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Just watched (part) of his interview. When talking about his future I get the feeling by his choice of words and body language that he is leaving us. That's just how it rings to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already been tapped.
(By whom, you may ask? :lolrangers:)

I would hazard the same guess. It would be a shame if that is where he ends up.

NorthRoadHibee
16-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Don’t know how reliable this is so don’t shoot the messenger but a Hibee that comes in to my work is under the impression that the stumbling block has been the length of the contract, given that this is our first real full season of a fit Dylan out of a possible 4 you can understand Hibs’ point of view. Says that it’s close to being agreed. No idea how credible his info is but it’s got me optimistic!!