PDA

View Full Version : Post split fixtures

Ozyhibby
11-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Is there a formula for working out who plays who home or away?
Not sure why we should be expected to go to Ibrox again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Yup...whatever get the Thes the most financial gain and advantage followed by everybody elses interests

Hermit Crab
11-03-2018, 02:18 PM

We are expected to go there again, apparently there is an imbalance in the fixtures.... we get the short straw. The split is a load of pish, get rid of it!

houstonhibbee
11-03-2018, 02:23 PM

Point taken but should it not be the Rangers that are upset at having to play us at Ibrox again????

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Time to look at halfing the gate receipts for post split matches. Either that or the away team keeps he away support money.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2018, 02:29 PM
We are expected to go there again, apparently there is an imbalance in the fixtures.... we get the short straw. The split is a load of pish, get rid of it!

It's an outrage, really.

Hibs lose out on the income from a 20000 crowd.

That should not be allowed to happen.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Time to look at halfing the gate receipts for post split matches. Either that or the away team keeps he away support money.

Exactly.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2018, 02:47 PM
As far as I can see the big battle is between ourselves, Sevco and Aberdeen for 2nd so these three teams should have balanced fixtures. Celtic, Killie and Hearts should be the ones who are inconvenienced.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Think someone on here posted a week or so back, the games due at home and away, post split, that the current top 6, plus Motherwell and St Johnstone, should be due
I know we are due 3 home and 2 away. Hope we get this

LancsHibs
11-03-2018, 02:50 PM
As far as I can see the big battle is between ourselves, Sevco and Aberdeen for 2nd so these three teams should have balanced fixtures. Celtic, Killie and Hearts should be the ones who are inconvenienced.

Celtic Killie & Motherwell😉

Smartie
11-03-2018, 02:53 PM
I don't really have a problem with it.

We all know before a ball is kicked that certain anomalies may arise that appear unfair.

As a newly-promoted side, we were always more likely to be hard done by by the system this season.

We just need to get on with whatever is produced and make the most of it.

Next season we're more likely to benefit from any little foibles, and we need to make sure that whenever any advantage is presented to us (such as when we played Hamilton in the play-offs) that we take advantage and capitalise on it.

I'm amazed how much energy is expended in this country on getting worked up about the split, the league structure, and how many teams we have in our top league.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2018, 03:00 PM
I don't really have a problem with it.

We all know before a ball is kicked that certain anomalies may arise that appear unfair.

As a newly-promoted side, we were always more likely to be hard done by by the system this season.

We just need to get on with whatever is produced and make the most of it.

Next season we're more likely to benefit from any little foibles, and we need to make sure that whenever any advantage is presented to us (such as when we played Hamilton in the play-offs) that we take advantage and capitalise on it.

I'm amazed how much energy is expended in this country on getting worked up about the split, the league structure, and how many teams we have in our top league.

One of the principles of our league is that we get the income 19 home games.

That's over 5% of our budgeted receipts lost, around £300k.

It's a big deal.

Hibee Mac
11-03-2018, 03:14 PM
I might be getting confused a little here, but my understanding of it is that we will still get our 19 home games, however, we won't get 2 home games against rangers. Is that wrong?

If so what a joke, every fan in the league who buys a season ticket expects 19 home games plain and simple.

007 Mickey Weir
11-03-2018, 03:20 PM
The problem is Rangers have played Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie all at home twice already. So someone has to move. It will be us as we are the lost ranked team from last year

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 03:25 PM
I might be getting confused a little here, but my understanding of it is that we will still get our 19 home games, however, we won't get 2 home games against rangers. Is that wrong?

If so what a joke, every fan in the league who buys a season ticket expects 19 home games plain and simple.

Take 3 at home v a Hearts instead😄

007 Mickey Weir
11-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Hibs will be Aberdeen, Killie and Celtic at home. Rangers and Hearts away.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Hibs will be Aberdeen, Killie and Celtic at home. Rangers and Hearts away.

We are due to play Aberdeen away.

Aldo
11-03-2018, 03:48 PM
We should be

Huns at Home
Celtic at Home
Yams away
Dons away
St Johnstone home

If it was to be fair that would give us 2 at home and 2 away against them all and it would be even across the board

Not difficult but it will probably be

Huns away
Yams away
Celtic at home
Dons away
St Johnstone home

Or Celtic yams and Huns away at the very least

Ken
11-03-2018, 04:00 PM

The biggest problem is 4 out of the 6 teams will only have played 16 home games (17 away) at the split, so there will be an imbalance come the end of the season. If we only get 18 homes games surely we can’t be punished twice by losing out on a Rangers game at Easter Road or vice versa

Monts
11-03-2018, 04:03 PM
We should be

Huns at Home
Celtic at Home
Yams away
Dons away
St Johnstone home

If it was to be fair that would give us 2 at home and 2 away against them all and it would be even across the board

Huns away
Yams away
Celtic at home
Dons away
St Johnstone home

Killie must be raging!

Tynie01011973
11-03-2018, 04:04 PM
We should be

Huns at Home
Celtic at Home
Yams away
Dons away
St Johnstone home

Huns away
Yams away
Celtic at home
Dons away
St Johnstone home

Try Killie instead of St Johnstone 😉

Diclonius
11-03-2018, 04:07 PM
If we (or someone else) get 18 home fixtures due to the fixture organisers' shortsightedness in giving Rangers two home games against Celtic AND Aberdeen AND Hearts AND Hibs, more people will be raging than just the fans.

It is an absolute joke. You would bet on at least half of the top six being three of four of those clubs. What were they playing at?

Aldo
11-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Killie must be raging!

Oops me bad

Aldo
11-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Try Killie instead of St Johnstone dde09

Indeed!

Hibee Mac
11-03-2018, 04:57 PM
What's worse about this is that it might be us and Rangers fighting it out for second/third and us v them could be the big deciding tie in all of that.

They're seriously considering "fixing" the fixtures so that one of us gets an extra home tie against the other?

Why not punish 6th place who are guaranteed by the split not to be above 5th anyway?...

MKHIBEE
11-03-2018, 04:58 PM
All this talk of yams in the top 6 is surely a bit premature?

Mikey
11-03-2018, 05:02 PM
It's an outrage, really.

Hibs lose out on the income from a 20000 crowd.

That should not be allowed to happen.

I was speaking to George Craig recently and it's £100,000 we'll miss out on. That's a good player for a season.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-03-2018, 05:54 PM
How many home games have we played already?

We have 2 more due pre split (Hamilton and Partick)

Something tells me we’re going to be screwed here

Danderhall Hibs
11-03-2018, 06:02 PM
If we get less than 19 home games presumably season ticket holders will get a refund of some sort?

danhibees1875
11-03-2018, 06:03 PM

They'll almost definitely be in the top 6.

Monts
11-03-2018, 06:07 PM
If we get less than 19 home games presumably season ticket hikders will get a refund of some sort?

I wouldnt count on it

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Just had a look at what all the contenders for the top 6, what they’ve played, and what to play bwfore the split
Pre split this is how will look like after all have played 33 games

Home Away
Celtic 16 17
Rangers 17 16
Aberdeen 16 17
Hibs 16 17
Kilmarnock. 17 16
Hearts 16 17
Motherwell 17 16
St Johnstone 17 16

So as it’s stands 4 of the year top 6 are due 3 home games, so it’s going to be a problem, unless Motherwell or St Johnstone can get ahead of Hearts
Down to the computer I presume, or the seeds as some have said

ballengeich
11-03-2018, 07:01 PM
If the positions at the split are as at present, one of the top six is going to finish the season with 18 home and 20 away. It will be one of us, Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic. Two teams have to go to Ibrox for a third time, as all teams have to get at least two home games after the split.

Kilmarnock will certainly get a third game at Ibrox as they're the only top six team other than Rangers with 17 home at the split. Assuming that Celtic will not go to Rangers for a third time that leaves a choice between Aberdeen, Hearts and us to visit Ibrox a third time and finish the season with only 18 home games.

I don't know if there are formal rules to make the decision, but the fairest choice would be Hearts. It looks like we'll be fighting for third with Aberdeen, so should be treated equally while Hearts have no practical chance of Europa qualification. However it's the SPFL so who knows.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 07:14 PM
If the positions at the split are as at present, one of the top six is going to finish the season with 18 home and 20 away. It will be one of us, Hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic. Two teams have to go to Ibrox for a third time, as all teams have to get at least two home games after the split.

Kilmarnock will certainly get a third game at Ibrox as they're the only top six team other than Rangers with 17 home at the split. Assuming that Celtic will not go to Rangers for a third time that leaves a choice between Aberdeen, Hearts and us to visit Ibrox a third time and finish the season with only 18 home games.

I don't know if there are formal rules to make the decision, but the fairest choice would be Hearts. It looks like we'll be fighting for third with Aberdeen, so should be treated equally while Hearts have no practical chance of Europa qualification. However it's the SPFL so who knows.

Small matter of around £125,000 per place, and lost revenue of around £100,000 to lose a big home game, if a team have to play 18/20
Don’t fancy who has to make this decision

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2018, 07:15 PM
Does the ST state how many games?

I just assumed it’s valid for all home league games so if we only get 18 that’s just the way it is.

If we got 19 then bonus!

Monts
11-03-2018, 07:16 PM
The best way to do it would be to send celtic back to ibrox.

It'll never happen, but they would relish another game there, they don't actually need the money, and they will likely have already won the league by then.

Danderhall Hibs
Does the ST state how many games?

I just assumed it’s valid for all home league games so if we only get 18 that’s just the way it is.

If we got 19 then bonus!

Not sure - they’re probably smart enough to make it vague. Presumably the starting price is based on half the games in the season though 38/2=19)?

Diclonius

Motherwell have to play Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen in three of their four games. As they're four points behind Hearts they'd have to win at least one of them.

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2018, 07:17 PM
If the ST was valid for match 19 then how would we be losing out on so much cash?

We’d only lose the walk up and away fans gate receipts no?

I agree about your point on the starting price by assuming 19 matches.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Not sure - they’re probably smart enough to make it vague. Presumably the starting price is based on half the games in the season though 38/2=19)?

I would never ask for a refund
Remember also this year’s tickets went on sale before we gained promotion

danhibees1875
11-03-2018, 07:19 PM
If the ST was valid for match 19 then how would we be losing out on so much cash?

Yeah. Maybe 6000 people at £20 a go though, £120k.

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2018, 07:21 PM
Couldn’t be assed doin the math!

And there’s defo no mechanism for sharing gate receipts or some kinda compo from the league?

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 07:21 PM

We are due visits from Rangers and Celtic, 3,900 tickets at an ave £20, plus hospitality, plus Hibs home sales at a Category home game all adds up

If we lose one of these home games, it’s a lot of money

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 07:22 PM

And there’s defo no mechanism for sharing gate receipts or some kinda compo from the league?

Lazy bu....😄

My_Wife_Camille
11-03-2018, 07:23 PM
The T’s and C’s just say that it guarantees you entry to every SPFL home league match.

This happens to somebody every season and there’s been at least twice where we have benefitted from it. Win some, lose some

The chances are that we’ll finish the season on 19/19 anyway so it could be argued that it’s still fair on that basis.

We’ll just need to fill the ground in the games we do get. If we are still in the fight for second place then there’s every chance we’ll do that.

WhileTheChief..
11-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Rod will have our backs.

No way he’ll let us lose out that much cash!!

Diclonius
11-03-2018, 07:24 PM

It should be whoever is in 6th place. It's a shambles this is even a thing in the first place - hopefully whoever is wronged will kick up such a fuss about it that we can at least enter talks to get rid of the ridiculous split.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2018, 07:24 PM
The T’s and C’s just say that it guarantees you entry to every SPFL home league match.

This happens to somebody every season and there’s been at least twice where we have benefitted from it. Win some, lose some

The chances are that we’ll finish the season on 19/19 anyway so it could be argued that it’s still fair on that basis.

We’ll just need to fill the ground in the games we do get. If we are still in the fight for second place then there’s every chance we’ll do that.

If we get 19/19 I’ll be more than happy, regardless of where they send us for the 2 away games

danhibees1875
11-03-2018, 07:25 PM

I would highly doubt it. I'm sure this has happened before to other clubs (did we once get 20 home games actually?) and there hasn't been any precedent of financial compensation measures.

Ozyhibby
11-03-2018, 07:27 PM
The fairest way is to send Celtic back to Ibrox. There is no way that fixture should be protected at a cost to us.

Mikey
11-03-2018, 07:41 PM
If it's not Celtic at Ibrox then it should be Hearts. They'll be adrift in sixth and won't have anything to play for unlike Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. None of those teams should be handicapped by a third trip to Ibrox.

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2018, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt count on it

No

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2018, 07:58 PM
If we get 19/19 I’ll be more than happy, regardless of where they send us for the 2 away games

All teams likely to be in top 6 can get to 19/19

Just means Celtic must go back to Ibrox and the Thes only get two home ties.

ballengeich
11-03-2018, 08:14 PM
All teams likely to be in top 6 can get to 19/19

Just means Celtic must go back to Ibrox and the Thes only get two home ties.

If the current top 6 are still in place at the split it's not possible for all to get to 19/19.

Ken
11-03-2018, 08:51 PM
It would make sense Celtic losing out and only getting 18 home games given the league will be as good as over, but there is zero chance of that happening, so I’d say it’ll be us that takes the hit with only 18 home games.

They’ll give us Rangers and Celtic at Easter Road and make Killie and Hearts travel to Ibrox for a third time to make it look a little fairer. We’ll also have to travel to Killie for a 3rd time if the above is correct

IberianHibernian
11-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Not sure if mathematically possible but could gate receipts ( including share of money paid by season ticketholders ) of any match being played 3rd time at same venue not be split like a cup tie ? So if we go back to Ibrox we`d get 50% of gate . Maybe more than 50% in case where 1 team has 20 home matches and other 18 .

Ken
11-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Not sure if mathematically possible but could gate receipts ( including share of money paid by season ticketholders ) of any match being played 3rd time at same venue not be split like a cup tie ? So if we go back to Ibrox we`d get 50% of gate . Maybe more than 50% in case where 1 team has 20 home matches and other 18 .

In the case of this season’s top 6 no one will play 20 games, it’ll just be 1 team playing 18 so there is zero chance of splitting gates receipts. The SPFL could compensate but they won’t

hibsdaft
11-03-2018, 09:24 PM
If we do have to play the game at Ibronx we should at least get the whole of the Broonloan end like Celtc do for league games.

IberianHibernian
11-03-2018, 09:28 PM
In the case of this season’s top 6 no one will play 20 games, it’ll just be 1 team playing 18 so there is zero chance of splitting gates receipts. The SPFL could compensate but they won’t

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMaybe TV money for post split matches could be pooled and split between 6 clubs with more / less for any clubs getting 18 or 20 home matches . Think % of gate receipts in playoffs goes to other clubs so could be similar for post split . All ideas for future years I suppose .

hibby6270
11-03-2018, 11:45 PM
I would never ask for a refund
Remember also this year’s tickets went on sale before we gained promotion

Very true but remember we were in the same opposite situation in the season we were relegated. We had signed up on Early Bird deal on the basis we’d still be Premiership next season. That turned out well and I recall a few hotheads posting on here (including myself) about the ‘injustice’ of paying Premiership prices for Championship football.

Oh how times, and thoughts, have changed. Thankfully, for the better, since that dark distant memory in 2014!!

Hermit Crab
11-03-2018, 11:52 PM
If we do have to play the game at Ibronx we should at least get the whole of the Broonloan end like Celtc do for league games.

Why should we? There is absolutely no chance of us A - getting it and B - filling it.

hibsboy07
12-03-2018, 06:52 AM
The fairest way is to send Celtic back to Ibrox. There is no way that fixture should be protected at a cost to us.

Sure I read in paper the next bigot derby is at parkhead on 22nd April(league game)

Onion
12-03-2018, 07:17 AM
If we (or someone else) get 18 home fixtures due to the fixture organisers' shortsightedness in giving Rangers two home games against Celtic AND Aberdeen AND Hearts AND Hibs, more people will be raging than just the fans.

It is an absolute joke. You would bet on at least half of the top six being three of four of those clubs. What were they playing at?

Exactly. The organisers know exactly what they were doing there, ensuring The Rangers get extra footballing and financial benefit against their main rivals post-split. There is no logical reason for them doing what they did.

mcfly
12-03-2018, 07:24 AM
Rangers Home form is what is letting them down, their away form is v good.

the split is unfair but it is what it is.

We go to ibrox to win again for a 3rd time this season.

Pressure all on rangers and we all saw how well they handled the pressure yesterday.......

Billy Whizz
12-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Sure I read in paper the next bigot derby is at parkhead on 22nd April(league game)

Well spotted, remember that now