PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy system

SirDavidsNapper
10-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Not much to moan about with Hibs at the moment so thought I'd give it a go.

How bad is the tannoy system? Stadium announcer sounded muffled and seems to be getting worse. SOL sounded quiet too. Petrie out 😉

wookie70
10-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Not much to moan about with Hibs at the moment so thought I'd give it a go.

How bad is the tannoy system? Stadium announcer sounded muffled and seems to be getting worse. SOL sounded quiet too. Petrie out 😉

Clear as a bell in the West. Compliments the prawn sandwiches nicely.

green day
10-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Clear as a bell in the West. Compliments the prawn sandwiches nicely.

Perfect in the West 👍

monktonharp
10-03-2018, 09:39 PM
not good in the East and has been poor for years despite the fans' pleas. don't know what the answer could be but surely it could be better without too much investment?

mca
10-03-2018, 09:47 PM
not good in the East and has been poor for years despite the fans' pleas. don't know what the answer could be but surely it could be better without too much investment?

I remember it being muffled from the day the new east stand opened.. but even at quiet games it was a muffled sound..

hibee
10-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Easily heard in the FF upper, if anything it’s actually a bit too loud!

Sir David Gray
10-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Absolutely awful in the east stand, at least in my area anyway.

If there was ever an announcement that we really had to hear, the consequences might not be so good.

SirDavidsNapper
10-03-2018, 10:17 PM
East muffled and when I've been in the south its been the same. You west standers get all the preferential treatment 😉

dalgetybayhibee
10-03-2018, 10:31 PM
East muffled and when I've been in the south its been the same. You west standers get all the preferential treatment 😉

I am now in west stand, but in east was really poor and muffled, was it not he last game of the season in the championship they had speakers in the east pitch side.

HibsAnnouncer
11-03-2018, 02:01 AM
I am now in west stand, but in east was really poor and muffled, was it not he last game of the season in the championship they had speakers in the east pitch side.

We have had issues for a number of years but we have been trying to make the best of what we have. I think the new equipment has definiarelt made a difference. This feedback is hugely appreciated guys

Johnny Clash
11-03-2018, 02:35 AM
We have had issues for a number of years but we have been trying to make the best of what we have. I think the new equipment has definiarelt made a difference. This feedback is hugely appreciated guys

Seem to remember a few games where it was very good in the East.,maybe the announcer had different set up?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-03-2018, 02:47 AM

The speakers I viewed as a one-off to get then place jumping like they did for DniPro.

Marco G
11-03-2018, 06:52 AM
We have had issues for a number of years but we have been trying to make the best of what we have. I think the new equipment has definiarelt made a difference. This feedback is hugely appreciated guysClear as a bell in the FF5 upper near the back. Certainly heard that Hearts were off the back of a cup defeat and later that natural order had been restored! Thanks for input to a great Friday night out!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

wearethehibs
11-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Its all to do with the acoustics in the East. You cant hear anything in that stand eh.

AgentDaleCooper
11-03-2018, 07:35 AM
I was in the east last season and it was absolutely brutal.

GreenCastle
11-03-2018, 07:39 AM
It’s still terrible in the East

Been saying this for about 3 years.

Shame as I can’t hear any announcements and couldn’t even tell you who the half time guest were half the time.

Shame as getting the whole stadium fixed would add to the match day experience.

hibbyfraelibby
11-03-2018, 07:46 AM
What do we want to do? Spend £200k on a new PA system or sign Scott Allan permwnantly? Thems the choices.

Frazerbob
11-03-2018, 07:50 AM
What do we want to do? Spend £200k on a new PA system or sign Scott Allan permwnantly? Thems the choices.

I’m pretty sure a PA system to a certain standard is a legal requirement. I’m also pretty sure savings could be found elsewhere rather than the opportunity cost being Scotty.

Bob1875
11-03-2018, 07:59 AM
Why can’t we get a system like Ibrox? Their speakers are about 6 times the size. Obviously the stadium is bigger but somewhere in the middle would do.

LancsHibs
11-03-2018, 08:00 AM
Was loud and clear in the section of the east stand where I sit (FF end), could hear the references to Hearts Cup exit, their fight for a top 6 spot and the 7-0 game no problem:greengrin

Fife-Hibee
11-03-2018, 08:49 AM

I take it’ it’s to much to ask for a couple o sets of stairs at the back of the east to save standing for half an hour at the end of every game! 😉

Lendo
11-03-2018, 10:44 AM
"It's like people who say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name."

drumatic44
11-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Thankyou Mr. Partridge, Ah Ha !!

Eyrie
11-03-2018, 01:00 PM
I take it’ it’s to much to ask for a couple o sets of stairs at the back of the east to save standing for half an hour at the end of every game! 😉

I've said that on here before.

Gods know what would happen if there was an emergency.

As it is I moved back to the West to save ten minutes standing around waiting for movement in the queue to reach me.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2018, 02:48 PM
I only go to games to listen to the West Stand tannoy.

Luv it, absolutely luv it.

Moulin Yarns
11-03-2018, 02:53 PM
"It's like people who say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name."

You hoovered a lot of people in with that fact.