PDA

View Full Version : Hearts midfielder cant pull the strings in midfield

Monts
10-03-2018, 05:36 PM
So resorts to pulling hair instead

https://twitter.com/HomeOfHibs/status/972494689327861760

jonty
10-03-2018, 05:40 PM
I can't say it surprises me. A catalogue of these 'of the ball' incidents should be collated for the ref every game. If the players knew the refs reviewed them, perhaps there would be less nonsense on the field.
Hearts in particular would do well to concentrate on playing football.

bingo70
10-03-2018, 05:40 PM

Should he not be getting a retrospective red card for that?

HH81
10-03-2018, 05:42 PM
That made me laugh. Just shows the player in question know he was outplayed and had to resort to pulling hair. What a loser 😁

CMurdoch
10-03-2018, 05:43 PM

That's quite funny

Monts
10-03-2018, 05:51 PM
Should he not be getting a retrospective red card for that?

Would be funny if the only game he hasn't been booked in, he gets a retrospective red.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2018, 06:04 PM
That's quite funny ... but indicative of the 'style' Hearts like their players to conform to, hoofing and fouling first, football a distant second :tsk tsk:

Ozyhibby
10-03-2018, 06:13 PM
One for the compliance officer. He only gets involved if Sportscene highlight it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
10-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Pulling hair🤢🤢https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180310/9f8133cc1f5a6a437848fff3cf261fd1.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

worcesterhibby
10-03-2018, 06:54 PM
To be fair Scotty made a point of laughing at him and winding him up after he scored. At the end of the match they both shook hands. That's football.

wookie70
10-03-2018, 07:15 PM
To be fair Scotty made a point of laughing at him and winding him up after he scored. At the end of the match they both shook hands. That's football.

I played football for decades when two footed challenges were regularly and I can't remember anyone getting their hair pulled. Scotty blocked him off when Dylan was waltzing past their attempts to body check but I suspect he may see red for that if reported.

lapsedhibee
10-03-2018, 08:47 PM
That made me laugh. Just shows the player in question knew he was outplayed and had to resort to pulling hair. What a loser 😁

Shirley he was just following the Potter masterplan of getting Hibs players to overreact, so that Hearts would win?

calumhibee1
10-03-2018, 09:09 PM

It's definitely not football. It should be a retrospective red, guys an absolute walloper.

worcesterhibby
11-03-2018, 11:34 PM
I played football for decades when two footed challenges were regularly and I can't remember anyone getting their hair pulled. Scotty blocked him off when Dylan was waltzing past their attempts to body check but I suspect he may see red for that if reported.

I played pub level football for many years too, I was punched, tripped, slapped, elbowed and had the shirt nearly torn off my back off the ball plenty of times, having a tug at his hair is classless, but I fail to see how it’s worse than a punch in the kidneys. I’ve watched it again and they actually have a wee hug at the end ! The main thing I was pointing out is that Scotty rose above it, didn’t react and had the last laugh, but both players were decent enough to acknowledge that they’d had a fun wee battle.

SirDavidsNapper
12-03-2018, 05:39 PM

Was that their new midfield saviour who was gong to boss us?

lapsedhibee
12-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Unnecessarily long title.

green day
12-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Unnecessarily long title.

Not that bad, surely it's just MR Adao?

lapsedhibee
12-03-2018, 05:58 PM
not that bad, surely it's just mr adao?

ltyf!

percy veer
12-03-2018, 06:20 PM
no doubt a legend on keekback now. "we winnae be bullied now''

The_Sauz
12-03-2018, 06:24 PM
I can't say it surprises me. A catalogue of these 'of the ball' incidents should be collated for the ref every game. If the players knew the refs reviewed them, perhaps there would be less nonsense on the field.
Hearts in particular would do well to concentrate on playing football.
:faf::faf::faf::faf:

12-03-2018, 06:31 PM
It's much Adao about nothing.

The Spaceman
12-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Could easily have killed Scott Allan IMHO. Lee Wallace has flagged this with all relevant authorities.

snooky
12-03-2018, 08:26 PM
That's quite funny ... but indicative of the 'style' Hearts like their players to conform to, hoofing and fouling first, football a distant second :tsk tsk:

My initial thoughts entirely.
Leveinism - do as Adao, as well as I sayo.

Jones28
13-03-2018, 08:31 AM
So if this were to be given as a retrospective red how many would that be in recent times I wonder?

One Day Soon
13-03-2018, 08:38 AM
I played pub level football for many years too, I was punched, tripped, slapped, elbowed and had the shirt nearly torn off my back off the ball plenty of times, having a tug at his hair is classless, but I fail to see how it’s worse than a punch in the kidneys. I’ve watched it again and they actually have a wee hug at the end ! The main thing I was pointing out is that Scotty rose above it, didn’t react and had the last laugh, but both players were decent enough to acknowledge that they’d had a fun wee battle.

Yes, that was my experience of both amateur league and pub level football too. Basically a sanctioned fight for 90 minutes with a limited amount of paying football thrown in on top. Not sure what my fondest crazy memory of that would be. Either the time a player ran off the pitch during the game at Sighthill to punch me in the face and then ran back on to continue playing or alternatively the time a black Ford Granada was driven onto the pitch, at our goalkeeper and through our goals while playing at Wardie.

Was fine, more or less, once both games were over.

Callum_62
13-03-2018, 08:45 AM
If the ref saw it- what card would he have produced?

Jones28
13-03-2018, 09:01 AM
If the ref saw it- what card would he have produced?

Violent conduct surely? Straight red card.

Bostonhibby
13-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Yes, that was my experience of both amateur league and pub level football too. Basically a sanctioned fight for 90 minutes with a limited amount of paying football thrown in on top. Not sure what my fondest crazy memory of that would be. Either the time a player ran off the pitch during the game at Sighthill to punch me in the face and then ran back on to continue playing or alternatively the time a black Ford Granada was driven onto the pitch, at our goalkeeper and through our goals while playing at Wardie.

Was fine, more or less, once both games were over.

Too many stories to tell really, but I remember one game on the parks at Milton Road where the school now is, an Austin 1100 Blue and white Panda car drove up on the grass from the golf course end right up the side and across the grass before stopping beside one of the pitches, two cops jumped out, the game stopped and a guy playing in a blue and white hooped strip did a runner off the pitch right through one of the holes that were always in the railing and disappeared over the road the with cops in hot pursuit.

Another pub game I was involved in was stopped by the referee and all the players were required to help the goalkeeper find his false teeth!

At the Jack Kane pitches one of our guys was tripped up by a spectator, jumped straight back up and punched him before chaos descended, it was like a scene from an old wild west film. Match abandoned.

One Day Soon
13-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Too many stories to tell really, but I remember one game on the parks at Milton Road where the school now is, an Austin 1100 Blue and white Panda car drove up on the grass from the golf course end right up the side and across the grass before stopping beside one of the pitches, two cops jumped out, the game stopped and a guy playing in a blue and white hooped strip did a runner off the pitch right through one of the holes that were always in the railing and disappeared over the road the with cops in hot pursuit.

Another pub game I was involved in was stopped by the referee and all the players were required to help the goalkeeper find his false teeth!

At the Jack Kane pitches one of our guys was tripped up by a spectator, jumped straight back up and punched him before chaos descended, it was like a scene from an old wild west film. Match abandoned.

Glory Days!

Carheenlea
13-03-2018, 09:43 AM
If there is one person going to be annoyed at getting his hair pulled, it’s going to be Scotty. I would say few will spend longer with comb and mirror out of the Hibs team :greengrin

worcesterhibby
13-03-2018, 10:40 AM

When I played for my Uni down in England, we had a new First year player join the team who was a good looking lad and spent hours on his appearance, we ended up nicknaming him "catalogue model" or "catmod" for short. As a laugh we arranged for a group of girls on the sidelines to throw knickers on the pitch and scream when he ran past them. Funniest thing was he immediately tripped on the knickers, fell awkwardly and broke his wrist !

Another time when I played pub football we were playing a local village team, our left back and their right winger were getting more and more wound up by each other and after a particularly late challenge by our left back, the winger gets up and headbutts him full in the face. He went down in a heap, blood everywhere looking pretty bad and the Ref immediately shouted out asking if there was a doctor or a medic around, the opposing team all start pissing themselves... at which point the winger admitted he is the village doctor and proceeded to patch him up !