PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

keep the faith
10-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Superb attitude. Superb talent who is made for us.
He is the difference so make it long term if at all possible Hibs.

Glory glory!!

Aldo
10-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Superb attitude. Superb talent who is made for us.
He is the difference so make it long term if at all possible Hibs.

Glory glory!!

Was not at his best first half however got right up to speed in the second and his goal was a thing of beauty. I would be looking to get him signed up for next season along with Dylan.

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Thought he was poor before his goal tbh but he's the kind of player who can pull something out of the hat in these situations

Just thinking about how ridiculously good a deal we got with him

Signed him for free, then after 1 year we sell him for McGeouch, Henderson on loan and also £150k (I think)

Then a couple of years later we get him back on loan (also hopefully sign him in the summer)

Some ridiculously good business from hibs

Stevie Reid
10-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Who'd have thought that after Hearts skooshed the Championship and the acrimonious departure of Scott Allan, that three years later we would be beating them yet again and "one Scotty Allan" would be ringing round a packed ER?

The wonderful world of football. So glad he's back.

Is It On....
10-03-2018, 04:33 PM
As my friend said " Scott Allan is different gravy".

Lago
10-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Was not at his best first half however got right up to speed in the second and his goal was a thing of beauty. I would be looking to get him signed up for next season along with Dylan.
I disagree, as I thought hibs midfield were that little bit off in the first half, McGinn passing not up to standard & McGeough didn't impose himself. 2nd half transformation all of them top notch, Scott ran himself into the ground. Great performance all round.

Aldo
10-03-2018, 05:06 PM
I disagree, as I thought hibs midfield were that little bit off in the first half, McGinn passing not up to standard & McGeough didn't impose himself. 2nd half transformation all of them top notch, Scott ran himself into the ground. Great performance all round.

What do you disagree about. I am confused
We agree that first half was poor but better second half??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lago
10-03-2018, 07:44 PM
What do you disagree about. I am confused
We agree that first half was poor but better second half??

You seem to single out Allan alone as being off the boil in first half, I feel McGinn was definitely not up to speed,miss passes, so yes 1st half poor but not Allan's fault alone. 2nd half great.

Aldo
10-03-2018, 08:08 PM
You seem to single out Allan alone as being off the boil in first half, I feel McGinn was definitely not up to speed,miss passes, so yes 1st half poor but not Allan's fault alone. 2nd half great.
On this thread I did as it’s about SA but I agree quite a few off the boil. I would however say Dylan showed a few more glimpses than the others.

Crossed wires me thinks.

Second half well don’t think I need to say anymore.

Lago
10-03-2018, 08:30 PM
On this thread I did as it’s about SA but I agree quite a few off the boil. I would however say Dylan showed a few more glimpses than the others.

Crossed wires me thinks.

Second half well don’t think I need to say anymore.

Crossed wires indeed, looks like we're in agreement.:aok:

Famous Fiver
10-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Scott Allan is class. There were a few on here not happy at his return.

Wonder what they were thinking when that ball caressed the back of the net last night.

Scott, you are quality.

I salute you.:not worth:not worth:not worth

shetlandhibee
10-03-2018, 08:58 PM
mcgeoch was our best midfeilder first half IMO, didnt do much wrong ,, mcginn and allen got better as the game went on:not worth all 3 :aok::wink:

IWasThere2016
10-03-2018, 09:02 PM
I'll have bored before about SA. I've watched him for over a decade and he is a superlative player. I cannot watch him enough .. a genius at times.

Onion
10-03-2018, 09:06 PM
The missing ingredient from our midfield. We've got some excellent defensive & natural mids, but lacked someone with vision and willingness to play the killer pass. SA completes the jigsaw.

We need to enjoy these guys while we can.

Famous Fiver
10-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Onion, too right and NL as well.

EH54
10-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Guy is superb could watch him all day

Aldo
10-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Crossed wires indeed, looks like we're in agreement.:aok:

We are indeed and on both counts [emoji106]

Lago
10-03-2018, 09:47 PM
I'll have bored before about SA. I've watched him for over a decade and he is a superlative player. I cannot watch him enough .. a genius at times.
I totally agree, I truly think he is an outstanding player, to me he is a through back to players I watch when the Tornadoes were at there peak, he has vision, ball control, everything.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2018, 09:54 PM
Some players and clubs fit. Scott Allan and Hibs fall into that category. If both sides realise that a longer term arrangement should be achievable.

jacomo
10-03-2018, 10:08 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43356504

“The fans enjoy my style and I have a manager who lets me go out and play my game," Allan told BBC Scotland.

Borderhibbie76
11-03-2018, 01:30 AM

“The fans enjoy my style and I have a manager who lets me go out and play my game," Allan told BBC Scotland.Sign on the dotted line Scotty...U know it makes sense...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

poolman
11-03-2018, 02:54 AM
Scott Allan is class. There were a few on here not happy at his return.

Wonder what they were thinking when that ball caressed the back of the net last night.

Scott, you are quality.

I salute you.:not worth:not worth:not worth

I was Def not one not happy at his return

Any footballer who is going to make our team better is OK by me

No matter what the history

snooky
11-03-2018, 10:32 AM

“The fans enjoy my style and I have a manager who lets me go out and play my game," Allan told BBC Scotland.

This is so true. It amazes me how some players can go from world beaters to huddies (or vice versa) when switching clubs.