PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Yams fans - The BIG Difference

MB62
10-03-2018, 02:51 PM
When Hibs scored to go 2-0 up with only 10 minutes to go last night, the hearts fans started streaming out of Easter Road. Two years ago, with Hibs 2-0 down in the Scottish cup with 10 minutes to go, the Hibs fans stayed on supporting the team to roar them on to a creditable 2-2 draw and ultimately victory in the replay.

That's the difference in class and how to support your team.

Well done Hibees :thumbsup:

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2018, 03:01 PM
To be fair we dominated them in that cup game

After Maclarens goal last night it was clear there was only one winner

10-03-2018, 03:02 PM
There arrogance and sense of entitlement is their downfall. It's a hard pill for them to swallow that the days of financial cheating are over and now that they are on a level playing field we have been far superior. Since sugar daddy Vlads money stopped and they had to learn about this totally alien concept of living within your means they have totally lost their dominance over us.

They used to go into every derby relishing it, expecting to give us no less than a humping, now many of them dred it, you only have to look at kickback to see it. Their "big team" fantasy is becoming harder and harder for them to back up (believe me it sticks MASSIVELY in their craw that despite their big shiney new stand their dump is STILL only the second biggest football stadium in Edinburgh). They are literally OBSESSED with the "big team, wee team" pish.

Robinho08
10-03-2018, 03:05 PM
There arrogance and sense of entitlement is their downfall. It's a hard pill for them to swallow that the days of financial cheating are over and now that they are on a level playing field we have been far superior. Since sugar daddy Vlads money stopped and they had to learn about this totally alien concept of living within your means they have totally lost their dominance over us.

They used to go into every derby relishing it, expecting to give us no less than a humping, now many of them dred it, you only have to look at kickback to see it. Their "big team" fantasy is becoming harder and harder for them to back up (believe me it sticks MASSIVELY in their craw that despite their big shiney new stand their dump is STILL only the second biggest football stadium in Edinburgh). They are literally OBSESSED with the "big team, wee team" pish.

Exactly. 👍🏼

Aldo
10-03-2018, 03:42 PM
When Hibs scored to go 2-0 up with only 10 minutes to go last night, the hearts fans started streaming out of Easter Road. Two years ago, with Hibs 2-0 down in the Scottish cup with 10 minutes to go, the Hibs fans stayed on supporting the team to roar them on to a creditable 2-2 draw and ultimately victory in the replay.

At a point during the ‘Time for Heroes” Rod Petrie has a wee teary moment explaining that when Rangers scored their second on that glorious day the fans stepped up to the plate and made an amazing noise and backed the team. Same again after the equaliser.

As SJM said last night it is the place to be and a club on the up.

CAMHFC
10-03-2018, 04:14 PM

I agree - they no longer can live in denial. They're now having a wake up call and having to face reality that they were never the so called "big team" to begin with.

mjhibby
10-03-2018, 04:45 PM

They are just very strange fans who have no grasp of reality at all. Their loyalty will be tested especially if they are trailing well behind us. In fact their ******* nay gob*******.

mjhibby
10-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Any chance of someone putting up the Facebook of the legendary 7 seconds after their Killie home defeat. The one with gob you know what in it. Cracks me up every time.

EastCalderHibby
10-03-2018, 04:48 PM
I agree - they no longer can live in denial. They're now having a wake up call and having to face reality that they were never the so called "big team" to begin with.

the only EVER big thing about that sewer dwelling team was the shear size of the creditors

Sir David Gray
10-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Anyone know if our fans managed to celebrate both of our goals last night without resorting to chucking glass bottles into the disabled section of the Hearts support?

CAMHFC
12-03-2018, 10:29 AM
the only EVER big thing about that sewer dwelling team was the shear size of the creditors
Agree

adhibs
12-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Even a few years ago they wouldve stayed right till the end in expectation. Their derby confidence is well and truly broken. I hope they scrape into the top 6, a win at tynie would destroy them.

CAMHFC
12-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Even a few years ago they wouldve stayed right till the end in expectation. Their derby confidence is well and truly broken. I hope they scrape into the top 6, a win at tynie would destroy them.

They will need to be lucky to stay in top 6 - Motherwell are only 4 points below them with a game in hand :wink:

cocteautwin
12-03-2018, 11:22 AM

The thing is, let's not forget, we are still not on a financial level playing field. They've recently had anonymous donations of £4m and also get £1.5m p.a. all of which is not sustainable and miles ahead of what we can afford. It's why they have players on close to £10k a week. Still spending other people's money.

I'd like to see them on a true level playing field one day - imagine how far ahead we would be of them then.

12-03-2018, 11:24 AM
To be fair we dominated them in that cup game

After Allan's goal last night it was clear there was only one winner

FTFY. :agree:

lord bunberry
12-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Any chance of someone putting up the Facebook of the legendary 7 seconds after their Killie home defeat. The one with gob you know what in it. Cracks me up every time.
https://twitter.com/sked21/status/927240988057395200/video/1
this one?

iwasthere1972
12-03-2018, 12:52 PM
They will need to be lucky to stay in top 6 - Motherwell are only 4 points below them with a game in hand :wink:

Motherwell play Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen in their next three league games. Can't see them getting enough points unfortunately.

Hermit Crab
12-03-2018, 12:54 PM

To be fair we had pulled one back in the 79th minute that day. Hearts showed no signs of pulling one back on Friday. If that was us going 2-0 down in the 80th minute it would have been a similar sight in our end!

matty_f
12-03-2018, 01:00 PM
To be fair we had pulled one back in the 79th minute that day. Hearts showed no signs of pulling one back on Friday. If that was us going 2-0 down in the 80th minute it would have been a similar sight in our end!

They only needed a bit of luck to get a goal, they had folk leaving after the first went in - never mind the second.

There's 100% been a shift in mentality, they will tell you otherwise but all the evidence points to them being worried about derbies.

Celebrating 0-0 at half time, having to go back to the late eighties for songs, and the stand emptying like a fire drill long before full time - not to mention a manager doing his desperate best to get his players in a frame of mind where they're not (ironically enough) crapping themselves coming into a derby, tells you all you need to know.

CAMHFC
12-03-2018, 01:09 PM
They only needed a bit of luck to get a goal, they had folk leaving after the first went in - never mind the second.

There's 100% been a shift in mentality, they will tell you otherwise but all the evidence points to them being worried about derbies.

Celebrating 0-0 at half time, \and the stand emptying like a fire drill long before full time - not to mention a manager doing his desperate best to get his players in a frame of mind where they're not (ironically enough) crapping themselves coming into a derby, tells you all you need to know.

The 22 games mantra is the only thing they've got left to hold against us to the present day - sad but true - the tables have turned re derby fear and dread GGTTH :laugh:

loanheadhibby
12-03-2018, 01:14 PM

To be honest, I wondered if there was some form of Fire Evacuation in the south stand when the 2nd went in.

NAE NOOKIE
12-03-2018, 01:33 PM
There was a really good article by Gary Keown in the Mail on Sunday ( my partner buys it, if it was up to me I wouldn't even use it for bog paper ) anyway, in the article he makes a very good point that what is great about Scottish football is the passion of the fans and managers, even if sometimes it does go over the top. In the article he makes a big play of the 'Natural Order' banner at ER on Friday as a classic example of how clever and passionate fans can be.

That's the difference between us and the Yam fans at the moment and since 2016 .... We ( especially the since 1875 boys & girls ) have worked so hard to be innovative and find new songs and new ways to back the team, like the 'The Hibs go marching on' banner at the previous ER derby, IMO we aren't there yet and wont be until the singing section location is finally sorted out or grows bigger in the FF upper ... but we are miles ahead of most, though Motherwell's wee band of ultras are worthy of a shout for effort.

Yes that's definitely the difference between us and the Yams. Where we are looking for new ideas they are harking back to a cup final we have long since put behind us and a derby run long over before most of our young crew were out of nappies. The young guys from Gorgie looking to compete with since 1875 seem to think the way to go is to increase the number of union flags they take to the rust arena and ramp up the Gorgie Billy boys nonsense.

Their reaction to the 'Natural Order' banner was a load of posts on 12 pointsback accusing us of being a 'diet Celtic' because apparently only Celtic have ever used a banner at a game. They even criticised the font used because it was similar to ones Celtic have used. If that's the best they can come up with we are going to be looking at them in the rear view mirror off the pitch, as well as on it, for years to come :aok:

Springbank
12-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Yes that's definitely the difference between us and the Yams. Where we are looking for new ideas they are harking back to a cup final we have long since put behind us and a derby run long over before most of our young crew were out of nappies. The young guys from Gorgie looking to compete with since 1875 seem to think the way to go is to increase the number of union flags they take to the rust arena and ramp up the Gorgie Billy boys nonsense.

Their reaction to the 'Natural Order' banner was a load of posts on 12 pointsback accusing us of being a 'diet Celtic' because apparently only Celtic have ever used a banner at a game. They even criticised the font used because it was similar to ones Celtic have used. If that's the best they can come up with we are going to be looking at them in the rear view mirror off the pitch, as well as on it, for years to come :aok:

First Neil Lennon CUPPED HIS EARS at Ibrox

Now Hibs are USING A FONT

It's about time the SFA threw the book at us, it really is :scarf:

Keith_M
12-03-2018, 02:16 PM
If I've got my sums right....

Since both teams were relegated in 2014, effectively the end of their subsidised years, we've played each other 12 times, with the following results

Hibs win: 5, Draws 5, Hearts win 2.

That sequence includes games where they were fortunate to even get draw, thanks to dubious refereeing decisions (e.g. goals not seen and retrospective red cards).

Jack Hackett
12-03-2018, 05:29 PM
If anybody is looking for a bit of peace and quiet on Saturday, hertz have a game against Partick Thistle. Get yourselves over to Tinycastle

CAMHFC
13-03-2018, 01:01 AM
To be honest, I wondered if there was some form of Fire Evacuation in the south stand when the 2nd went in.

:greengrin That's a belter :greengrin

Deansy
13-03-2018, 02:09 AM
There was a really good article by Gary Keown in the Mail on Sunday ( my partner buys it, if it was up to me I wouldn't even use it for bog paper ) anyway, in the article he makes a very good point that what is great about Scottish football is the passion of the fans and managers, even if sometimes it does go over the top. In the article he makes a big play of the 'Natural Order' banner at ER on Friday as a classic example of how clever and passionate fans can be.

That's the difference between us and the Yam fans at the moment and since 2016 .... We ( especially the since 1875 boys & girls ) have worked so hard to be innovative and find new songs and new ways to back the team, like the 'The Hibs go marching on' banner at the previous ER derby, IMO we aren't there yet and wont be until the singing section location is finally sorted out or grows bigger in the FF upper ... but we are miles ahead of most, though Motherwell's wee band of ultras are worthy of a shout for effort.

Likening us to Septic because of a banner and the font used ??. Yet ignoring the historic and ever-increasing similarities with themselves and the Hun -

1) Hun-fans not happy because they can't compete with Septic - Jambo-fans not happy because they can't compete with ................................. anyone !

2) Racism - goes hand-in-hand with the Huns though I don't think even they have lost a player because their own fans racially abused him !

3) Song-book/Union-jacks - more and more the PBS sounds like and looks like Ibrokes with the 'Billy/Gorgie-boys' reguarly sung but the increasing number of Union-jacks at the PBS they can't deny !

4) Both clubs cheated but both sets of fans still haven't acknowledged it - instead both still think that what they achieved/won when they were cheating was down to football-reasons only !!

5) Both clubs are looked upon as 'Estabishment clubs' !

6) Both clubs fans estimation of their clubs status/standing/prospects bear no relation to reality whatsoever !

7) Both clubs play the same style of football - Rugby !

Etc, etc ..................................

Dashing Bob S
13-03-2018, 03:32 AM
We steadfastly refuse to go to court in custody battles for our children with our own sisters.

That is the difference.

cocteautwin
13-03-2018, 05:49 AM
If I've got my sums right....

Since both teams were relegated in 2014, effectively the end of their subsidised years, we've played each other 12 times, with the following results

Hibs win: 5, Draws 5, Hearts win 2.

That sequence includes games where they were fortunate to even get draw, thanks to dubious refereeing decisions (e.g. goals not seen and retrospective red cards).

Hearts haven't yet finished their subsidised years. They recently had £4m anonymous donation, £2.5m financing from Budge and £7.5m from the begging bowl. That's £14m subsidisation from other people they can add to the approximately £100m they spent of other people's money over the past 30 years. Whether or not that includes the £1.5m cash in a bag they gave to Vlad as a leaving present when they had their pre-administration "share issue" I'm not sure myself. Same old same old.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Hearts haven't yet finished their subsidised years. They recently had £4m anonymous donation, £2.5m financing from Budge and £7.5m from the begging bowl. That's £14m subsidisation from other people they can add to the approximately £100m they spent of other people's money over the past 30 years. Whether or not that includes the £1.5m cash in a bag they gave to Vlad as a leaving present when they had their pre-administration "share issue" I'm not sure myself. Same old same old.

Did these share certificates ever see the light of day?

Shame that... Mugs but what would you do?
Well it’s plain to see that the savvy cash injections were held back - perhaps a gamble that Vlad got wrong...

Viva_Palmeiras
13-03-2018, 07:42 AM

Complacency - that’s what we must guard against but I suspect like most rivalries we’ll be seduced to an extent. We need to handle being other than the underdog. NL is guiding us through that.

CropleyWasGod
13-03-2018, 07:59 AM
Did these share certificates ever see the light of day?

Shame that... Mugs but what would you do?
Well it’s plain to see that the savvy cash injections were held back - perhaps a gamble that Vlad got wrong...The shares were issued by the new regime.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk