PDA

View Full Version : Call ups

Monts
10-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Apparently Alex McLeish was at the game last night.

With so many players putting in good performances, can we expect any call ups?

Obviously McGinn will be there, and Hanlon has done himself no harm either in getting in. But what about McGeouch, Allan, even boyle? Is Boyle still available after trying to get in with the socceroos?

Famous Fiver
10-03-2018, 01:49 PM
I think that he should immediately appoint Levein as his tea boy. Will have to get him out of Lennon's pocket first though.

The Leith Dutch
10-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Genuine chance we could see two current Hibs players on the park at the same time for Scotland right now.

Course it also wouldn't surprise me to see McLeish resort to players who are past their sell by date and anyone at the rangers or English clubs....

Never had a lot of faith in Scottish International selection.
Seems to have been a long standing thing too - the Famous Five never played together for the National team for example.

H18 SFR
10-03-2018, 02:09 PM
I think McLeish is more likely to go for the Berra's, Naismith's and even the Whittaker's of this world rather than adopting a more logical and forward thinking strategy. Just a hunch but I've been wrong many times before.

TelaStella
10-03-2018, 02:11 PM
If I were him I'd be looking at Mcgregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, Allan, SJM, Dylan, Boyle and maybe even have a word with Nigeria to see if we can get a shot of big Efe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bod
10-03-2018, 02:12 PM
i think SJM & Hanlon will be selected with Hanlon not getting any game time

calumhibee1
10-03-2018, 02:49 PM
i think SJM & Hanlon will be selected with Hanlon not getting any game time

Likewise. McGinn is a cert as should Hanlon be. I’d also suggest Dylan should be given a chance.

1van Sprou7e
10-03-2018, 03:40 PM
If I were him I'd be looking at Mcgregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, Allan, SJM, Dylan, Boyle and maybe even have a word with Nigeria to see if we can get a shot of big Efe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biased much? Lol

McGregor is too old and why on earth would we call up Stevenson when we have Tierney and Robertson?

Dylan Hanlon and McGinn defo deserve call ups though, Allan and Boyle too probably

bod
10-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Likewise. McGinn is a cert as should Hanlon be. I’d also suggest Dylan should be given a chance.

Dylan might get his chance with the games against Peru & Mexico with Shelic moaning about their players not getting enough rest close season

Eyrie
10-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Dylan might get his chance with the games against Peru & Mexico with Shelic moaning about their players not getting enough rest close season

Which won't stop them postponing league games so they can play a lucrative friendly.

bod
10-03-2018, 04:48 PM
I know,should be only a home game so their own gates are affected

number9dream
10-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Is the Costa Rica friendly seriously being played at Hampden? Surely that could have gone to a smaller ground for a better atmosphere.

McGinn will definitely get some game time in one of the two friendlies, although McLeish will cap McTominay and might want to see Fulham pair Cairney & McDonald in centre midfield.

Hanlon may keep his place but McLeish has been talking about guys like Souttar, Bates & McKenna, with the first two right-footed, which has been a problem area. Grant Hanley also being touted for a comeback. Might depend on what he plans to do with Tierney, with Berra & Mulgrew also lefties.

On form, McGeouch deserves to be ahead of guys like McLean and Shinnie, while Broony is away, Armstrong & Jack are injured and it remains to be seen if D Fletcher stays in the picture.

Right-back and up front, without Griffiths, are obvious problem areas.

CMurdoch
10-03-2018, 05:32 PM
McGeough is 25 and at the top of his game.
No green specs. He is a wonderful player who deserves to be picked.

Eaststand
10-03-2018, 05:36 PM
McGeough is 25 and at the top of his game.
No green specs. He is a wonderful player who deserves to be picked.

100% this.

If there's a better Scottish player who plays Dylan's position I've not seen him

GGTTH

pacoluna
11-03-2018, 01:38 AM
100% this.

If there's a better Scottish player who plays Dylan's position I've not seen him

GGTTH

Scott mctominay

Austinho
11-03-2018, 02:26 AM
On a side note, it was nice to see two young Scotland internationals on the pitch in the Man United v Liverpool match last night. One of the biggest fixtures in the world. Hopefully a good sign for the future of the national team.

Forza Fred
11-03-2018, 05:08 AM
Apparently Alex McLeish was at the game last night.

With so many players putting in good performances, can we expect any call ups?

Obviously McGinn will be there, and Hanlon has done himself no harm either in getting in. But what about McGeouch, Allan, even boyle? Is Boyle still available after trying to get in with the socceroos?

Don’t think Boyle was ever considered for a place in the Australia squad.
If he was, it certainly wasn’t in the media down here.

Allant1981
11-03-2018, 07:11 AM
Scott mctominay

this is probably going to sound daft but just because he has playes a few games for utd doesnt mean he is any better, ive seen all the games mctominay has played in fhis season and i havent thought after the game that he is an outstanding player. put most decent players in a team like that and they will all have a good few touches and passes, in saying all that i think mctominay will probably play so he is capped