PDA

View Full Version : Steven Naismith.

Thecat23
10-03-2018, 07:49 AM
I said at the time he’s finished and will be a complete failure at Hearts. I was shot down in flames for it. Well I’d like to just say he’s worse than I first thought.

I can’t believe they have thrown money at someone who’s hardly played and who’s legs have completely gone.

PLEASING.

3pm
10-03-2018, 07:53 AM
I thought he was one of their better players tbh.

MSK
10-03-2018, 07:54 AM
I thought he was one of their better players tbh.To be fair, that wouldnt have been difficult 😁

highland hibbee
10-03-2018, 07:57 AM
I thought he was one of their better players tbh.

Inclined to agree with you there mate. Thought their international Trio of GK and centre backs were outstanding at Maclarens goal mind you...........

IGRIGI
10-03-2018, 08:02 AM
It's rather pleasing how much money is being drained on him, they risked it all on the idea of fighting for 3rd and a trip to Hampden with Europe thrown in but in the end it's all coming down to a top 6 shoot out with the Mothers.

Captain Trips
10-03-2018, 08:05 AM
Brought in with 5 months to go on big wages to push for her the cup and a crack at Euro spots.

Fail.

staunchhibby
10-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Getting his grossly over inflated wages under false pretences.

Pretty Boy
10-03-2018, 08:12 AM
I actually think he still showed flashes of being a player.

However I said when they brought him in it was a panic signing as he would be nowhere near match fit and at his age and with ths injuries he has had that would take time. So it is proving, against Motherwell and last night he has long spells in which he drops miles off the pace of the game. He plays in spells now. Playing a few under 23 games is nothing like playing 1st team football every week.

bawheid
10-03-2018, 08:13 AM
He’s crap and should have been booked for persistent fouling after about 10 minutes. A complete waste of money. Nice.

GlesgaeHibby
10-03-2018, 08:21 AM
He was excellent at getting in the ref's face to moan after every foul, other than that anonymous.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2018, 08:37 AM
I thought they’d made a good signing, glad I got it wrong!

I’ve seen a few posts saying he was decent last night. I just didn’t see it. He got into some good positions now and again but he doesn’t know how to pass the ball.

Agree with those about him moaning at the ref. It was constant throughout the game.

Clearly him and Lafferty can’t stand each other, I wonder what’s going on there.

Newcastlehibby
10-03-2018, 08:39 AM
I particularly enjoyed the way he bounced off John McGinn, who shrugged him aside as if he wasn't there. That boy has astonishing strength.

Borderhibbie76
10-03-2018, 08:39 AM
I said at the time he’s finished and will be a complete failure at Hearts. I was shot down in flames for it. Well I’d like to just say he’s worse than I first thought.

I can’t believe they have thrown money at someone who’s hardly played and who’s legs have completely gone.

PLEASING.U sure did TC and u were bang on.....he's average at best and simply.not worth the kind of money they are chucking at him. Nor is laughatme may I add

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

green day
10-03-2018, 08:40 AM
Thought he did his best work tracking back and defensively.

If I was saying that about one of our strikers, I would be raging.

He's scored once. 😂

RoYO!
10-03-2018, 08:46 AM
When it fell to him in space at the corner of the box I feared the worst....

Needn't have worried! 😂

Beefster
10-03-2018, 08:47 AM
He’s a right whiny ****. Continually moaning at his teammates and the ref.

snooky
10-03-2018, 08:50 AM

PLEASING.

IMO, you could say the same about Whittie. :tin hat:

The Leith Dutch
10-03-2018, 09:11 AM

PLEASING.

He's a vile wee toaly of a man but I thought he had a very good game last night.
He exerted a fair bit of influence given most of the rest of his team were crap and they were getting outplayed all over the park.

That said the really funny thing is they have absolutely nothing to play for and it will be hilarious if they spend several hundred grand in wages on a guy and wind up just clinging on to the top 6.....or narrowly missing it :)

IGRIGI
10-03-2018, 09:13 AM

Our entire season and financial goals haven't rested solely on Whittaker though like they have for Hearts on Naismith.

Plus I imagine Naismith is on a fair chunk more that Whittaker.

calumhibee1
10-03-2018, 09:16 AM

PLEASING.

I said the same at the time. He’s finished. At his best he needed good players around him because his game is based around hard work rather than talent. He has no good players around him to make up for his bang average talent and also doesn’t have the legs for the hard work. He’s every bit as ***** as the rest of them.

G B Young
10-03-2018, 09:20 AM
Stokes came in for criticism during his loan spell in 2016 but even if we were to take away his cup final performance his contribution was a great deal more telling than Naismith's at Hearts. Just one goal since January and in and out the team due to injury. No question the guy was a decent player on his day but it's perhaps become clear why nobody else was prepared to shell out for him. Hearts' investment in him has failed to pay off, that's for sure.

Bostonhibby
10-03-2018, 09:22 AM

PLEASING.Not by me you didn't [emoji6]

He seems to be performing more or less as the Norwich fans I spoke to said.

Pleasing, as they say.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Eyrie
10-03-2018, 12:24 PM
He’s crap and should have been booked for persistent fouling after about 10 minutes. A complete waste of money. Nice.

It wasn't "persistant" because he only committed two fouls in that time. However both were cynical to prevent a Hibs attack and so he should have been booked for the second offence.

emerald green
10-03-2018, 12:47 PM
He’s a right whiny ****. Continually moaning at his teammates and the ref.

:agree: A sure sign he's on his way out.

Col2
10-03-2018, 12:58 PM
He has been very poor and looks unfit and played in wrong position.

Hearts have zero midfield of note so he is not helped - I mean Callaghan WTF - and he should play behind the strikers except Hearts play Lafferty out wide and never play with two up front.

£10k a week. Wow.

Cat Stanton
10-03-2018, 12:58 PM
:agree: A sure sign he's on his way out.

Think there's probably still a decent player in there, especially at this level. But as he probably likes to play football, including the novel idea of passing and receiving the ball with/to his feet, he's obviously with the wrong team..

Actually surprised he hadn't figured this out before agreeing to the move - off-field he comes across as smarter than the average footballer.

emerald green
10-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Think there's probably still a decent player in there, especially at this level. But as he probably likes to play football, including the novel idea of passing and receiving the ball with/to his feet, he's obviously with the wrong team..

Actually surprised he hadn't figured this out before agreeing to the move - off-field he comes across as smarter than the average footballer.

Yet he signed for the Yams. :greengrin

ballengeich
10-03-2018, 01:51 PM
He's still got skill, but he's now Stevie Naipace.

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2018, 01:54 PM
IMO, you could say the same about Whittie. :tin hat:Could you?

He hasn't been that bad and has been unfortunate with injuries. Played some good stuff at the start of the season and can play 2/3 positions. Won't be on anywhere near as much as Naismith either.

Michael
10-03-2018, 01:57 PM
A shadow of the player he was at Killie. I thought he'd be a great signing for them...happy that I was wrong.

calumhibee1
10-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Could you?

He hasn't been that bad and has been unfortunate with injuries. Played some good stuff at the start of the season and can play 2/3 positions. Won't be on anywhere near as much as Naismith either.

Yup. Whittaker hasn’t been a great signing but also not a disaster. We’re not breaking the bank and he’s done ok. If he wasn’t Steven Whittaker and was someone we’d never heard of he’d have just been a bit of a run of the mill signing, people just expected a lot.

Where as Naismith is totally finished and is costing them a fortune.

Jack
10-03-2018, 03:03 PM
He was a good signing for them and should have given them a lift.

Unfortunately they've dragged him down to their level, he's average in a team full of crap.

Diclonius
10-03-2018, 03:05 PM
I thought him and Lafferty played well up until we scored. Shame their team mates didn't.

Baader
10-03-2018, 03:08 PM
No doubting his previous ability but to me he looks finished. Said before Laffery could be utilised by a half decent manager but he seems to spend as much time in his own box as the opposition's.

God knows what role Naismith is supposed to be playing for them. He was the one MacLaren robbed the ball off in the box to score.

10-03-2018, 03:14 PM
A shadow of the player he was at Killie. I thought he'd be a great signing for them...happy that I was wrong.

Same here, was a bit worried when they bought him as I also thought it was a pretty decent signing. Thankfully I was wrong he's honking yet far from their worst player last night.

2 games at Easter Road this season and not a single shot on target between them. Big team right enough :rolleyes:

fat freddy
10-03-2018, 03:47 PM
As the winter transfer window opened...

Craig: I've got a great idea to restore the natural order and win the Scottish Cup
Anne: Another idea Craig? I hope its better than the Cathro idea
Craig: A minor mistake with that one Anne but this new idea is a surefire winner and will help fill the new stand
Anne: We cant afford Messi
Craig: No, its better than that and its only £12k per week
Anne: We dont have £12k per week, we need to find money to finish the damned stand!
Craig: But this idea solves the stand finance problems and wins us the cup, we sell Walker and use the money to get Naismith on loan for the rest of the season, with Cochrane, Callachan and Naismith in the team the cup is in the bag
Anne: And what about the stand issues?
Craig: We have a breather, tell the punters we are stopping work to take stock
Anne: Do you really think they'll accept that?
Craig: Anne, this is Hearts fans we're talking about, they gave Vlad a £1.5 million farewell cheque
Anne: And you're sure we'll win the cup and restore natural order?
Craig: Trust me Anne, when have I ever let you down?
Anne: Oh Craig, I don't know what I'd do without you
Craig: Great, I'll do the deal, you go and get fitted for a new outfit for the final
Anne: Oh, I might get a checked pink outfit this time, it will look lovely in the sunshine at Hampden in May
Craig: Yeah yeah whatever, right, time to get up, we have work to do, natural order wont restore itself
Anne: Oh Craig, cant we have another five minutes?
Craig: Sorry Anne, must dash, see you tonight (bedroom door closes)
Anne: Craig? Craig? Craig?!

Libby Hibby
10-03-2018, 03:49 PM
I think he would be a good player in this Hibs side.

Stevie Reid
10-03-2018, 03:51 PM
He's not made the impact that I feared he might, and they've wasted a shed load of money on him - but he's a clever player and looks good when he has time on the ball (he's a wee rat on the park as well, mind you). He would do ok in a team with better players around him.

Thought he was one of their better players last night. The boy Adao was good in their midfield, and I was impressed with Souttar in the second half.

**** them, though.

lapsedhibee
10-03-2018, 03:54 PM

Craig: I've got a great idea to restore the natural order and win the Scottish Cup
Craig: A minor mistake with that one Anne but this new idea is a surefire winner and will help fill the new stand
Anne: We dont have £12k per week, we need to find money to finish the damned stand!
Craig: But this idea solves the stand finance problems and wins us the cup, we sell Walker and use the money to get Naismith on loan for the rest of the season, with Cochrane, Callachan and Naismith in the team the cup is in the bag
Craig: Anne, this is Hearts fans we're talking about, they gave Vlad a £1.5 million farewell cheque
Craig: Great, I'll do the deal, you go and get fitted for a new outfit for the final
Anne: Oh, I might get a checked pink outfit this time, it will look lovely in the sunshine at Hampden in May
Craig: Yeah yeah whatever, right, time to get up, we have work to do, natural order wont restore itself

:greengrin

Roxyhibee
10-03-2018, 04:23 PM

Superb. Pretty much true. And long may it all keep continuing along there. Levein must stay.!

ancient hibee
10-03-2018, 04:51 PM
I thought him and Lafferty played well up until we scored. Shame their team mates didn't.
I agree with this.Trouble is the Hearts “style”involves their front players running around committing petty fouls and never getting into dangerous areas.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Fast becoming one of my favorite Hearts signings. Has a bit to go before he’s Larry Kingston class or in the same league as that Chilean fellow, but fair play to him mopping a decent wage from coffers of those dimbos.

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2018, 06:39 PM

Wonderful.

The Harp Awakes
10-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Stokes came in for criticism during his loan spell in 2016 but even if we were to take away his cup final performance his contribution was a great deal more telling than Naismith's at Hearts. Just one goal since January and in and out the team due to injury. No question the guy was a decent player on his day but it's perhaps become clear why nobody else was prepared to shell out for him. Hearts' investment in him has failed to pay off, that's for sure.

Hearts' recruitment over the last few years has been absolutely honking and the money they have wasted must be piling up now.

If it is true they are paying Naismith £10k a week then they are being massively short changed. He looks nothing special and 1 goal in a league where many of the teams are poor is not good enough. They paid that money in a desperate attempt to advance in the Cup and go above Hibs in the league, the latter of which is all that seems to matter to them. The move looks like it has massively backfired.

CMurdoch
10-03-2018, 07:05 PM

I agree. Has not played well and plagued by injuries.
The cherry on the cake is the 3 year contract. £300,000 (?) of wages, Ouch!

Billy Whizz
10-03-2018, 07:15 PM
He has been very poor and looks unfit and played in wrong position.

Hearts have zero midfield of note so he is not helped - I mean Callaghan WTF - and he should play behind the strikers except Hearts play Lafferty out wide and never play with two up front.

£10k a week. Wow.

He’s on £40k per week at Norwich, yes £40k
I believe Hearts contribution is up to £10k per week

CMurdoch
10-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Hearts' recruitment over the last few years has been absolutely honking and the money they have wasted must be piling up now.

If it is true they are paying Naismith £10k a week then they are being massively short changed. He looks nothing special and 1 goal in a league where many of the teams are poor is not good enough. They paid that money in a desperate attempt to advance in the Cup and go above Hibs in the league, the latter of which is all that seems to matter to them. The move looks like it has massively backfired.

I suspect it is more like £6-7k with Naismith losing the balance on the £10k Norwich wanted but still picking up £36-£37k per week.
Hearts have 6 decent players but unfortunately for them the other 5 on the pitch are really poor.
If you put him in the Hibs team he would be good. Equally if you put Scott Allan in that Hearts team he would sink without a trace.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2018, 07:17 PM
I suspect it is more like £6-7k with Naismith losing the balance on the £10k Norwich wanted.
Hearts have 6 decent players but unfortunately the other 5 on the pitch are really poor.
If you put him in the Hibs team he would be good. Equally if you put Scott Allan in that Hearts team he would sink without a trace.

Is he out of contract at Norwich at the end of the season?
If he was, I’d take him

Squealing pig
10-03-2018, 07:18 PM
Overpaid 💩 footballer

Billy Whizz
10-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Overpaid 💩 footballer

That’s what Sky/BT money does to English football

WoreTheGreen
10-03-2018, 07:20 PM
If he was, I’d take him

To butlins or seton sands

CMurdoch
10-03-2018, 07:26 PM
If he was, I’d take him

No, he gets another £40,000 a week next season!!!!
Could see Hearts keeping him next season if he stays fit for the rest of this one.

Sauzee16
10-03-2018, 07:51 PM
He’s a good player ruined by Potter. Both Lafferty and Naismith must wish deep down they played for us. Lafferty made a massive mistake not speaking to Lennon. He would be a poty contender if he came here.

Sauzee16
10-03-2018, 07:52 PM
No, he gets another £40,000 a week next season!!!!
Could see Hearts keeping him next season if he stays fit for the rest of this one.

He will be getting his fitness up to then move to a lower championship club on loan next year.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2018, 08:13 PM
He will be getting his fitness up to then move to a lower championship club on loan next year.

He’ll agree a severance package with Norwich. His family has moved back to Scotland, and he needs to work to feed them

Famous Fiver
10-03-2018, 09:17 PM
Heard he wanted to do charity work.

Funny place to start, with the charity thieves.

Onion
10-03-2018, 09:26 PM
He’s a good player ruined by Potter. Both Lafferty and Naismith must wish deep down they played for us. Lafferty made a massive mistake not speaking to Lennon. He would be a poty contender if he came here.

Lafferty is a nasty piece of work and I for one am delighted he didn't sign for Hibs. Naismith is still a very decent player who now realises he's not the Messiah and cannot solve Hearts problems on his own, despite the £££££ Hearts cannot afford to pay him. Bet he wished he played for us:greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
10-03-2018, 10:40 PM
Will he be open to to a £30k A WEEK (!) wage cut?

Still has another year on his Norwich concert - that would be some pay off amount to buy him out his deal

But he’s been well paid by English football for a number of years so he won’t be short of a bob or 2

Didn’t know his were back in Scotland- that makes a difference and less likely to fall down the league standings

I think he’ll be back at Killie

Either way - I could think of far better ways of spending £10k a week

Mikey09
10-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Think I posted on another thread. Tin hat on but I like Naismith. Good player being made to look bang average by really negative tactics from a failure of a manager. I bet Steve Clarke would utilise Naismith properly at Killie. Lennon the same at us. Look who Naismith has round about him? Anyway. Just my opinion.

oneone73
10-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Will he be open to to a £30k A WEEK (!) wage cut?

Still has another year on his Norwich concert - that would be some pay off amount to buy him out his deal

But he’s been well paid by English football for a number of years so he won’t be short of a bob or 2

Didn’t know his were back in Scotland- that makes a difference and less likely to fall down the league standings

I think he’ll be back at Killie

Either way - I could think of far better ways of spending £10k a week
He won't be back at Killie while they have a plastic pitch.

Mr_F
10-03-2018, 11:17 PM
20k a week between him & the lanky gambler. They’ll go pop again soon, no lessons learnt

My_Wife_Camille
10-03-2018, 11:57 PM
I thiught they’d managed to get themselves a real quality signing tbh. Get it right up them

hibsbollah
11-03-2018, 12:03 AM
Jamie MacLaren turned Naismith inside out for the goal. He looked like an old man who had dropped his glasses, bent down to look for them and then forgot what he was looking for.

Cod Boy
11-03-2018, 12:06 AM
Tried to referee the game wee ****er

The Harp Awakes
11-03-2018, 12:12 AM
Jamie MacLaren turned Naismith inside out for the goal. He looked like an old man who had dropped his glasses, bent down to look for them and then forgot what he was looking for.

Soapy Soutar looked all over the place at McLaren's goal. According to Potter, he's the best defender in the league:faf: