PDA

View Full Version : Can you hear the Hibees sing?

Pretty Boy
10-03-2018, 07:19 AM
From their whole stand just before half time, at 0-0! Total cringe.

Even worse when they started fighting amongst themselves as they battled to get out the door half an hour later.

***** team, ***** manager, ***** fans.

hibsbollah
10-03-2018, 07:21 AM
It's just such a dated, cheesy chant as well. Like the whole club.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-03-2018, 07:24 AM
I just posted this on another thread

They made a reasonable amount of noise in small patches of the first half but it was just that - noise

No real songs or chants that I could make out. Some trying to get the Lafferty 7ft plays the flute tune going (they really are diet Huns)

To top off their auspicious first 45 contribution, singing “can you hear the Hibees sing” at the end of the first half was just bizarre

A bit premature for celebrating a 0-0 draw there lads

Greenbeard
10-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Broken record maybe but this is so apt this morning and sounds great in the shower.........to the tune of "Just One Cornetto"

Just one team in Embra,
The one in green,
Delicious football,
Played like a dream.
The Hearts,
Are f..king sh*te,
Give me the Hibees,
In green and white

For those too young who need tune guidance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNWYhbHUcWM

CentreLine
10-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Broken record maybe but this is so apt this morning and sounds great in the shower.........to the tune of "Just One Cornetto"

Just one team in Embra,
The one in green,
Delicious football,
Played like a dream.
The Hearts,
Are f..king sh*te,
Give me the Hibees,
In green and white

For those too young who need tune guidance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNWYhbHUcWM

Oh dear. I think you need to do some work on that after you sober up 😂
I’ll never get that time out of my head all day now 😖
GGTTH

Hibby_G
10-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Can you hear the hibees sing ?... No we dont celebrate half time:greengrin

Sir David Gray
10-03-2018, 09:11 AM
When your players are time wasting after 35 minutes with the score at 0-0, can you really expect anything else from the fans?

They came for a 0-0 draw last night. At least they got half of it right.

Sammy7nil
10-03-2018, 09:36 AM
It's just such a dated, cheesy chant as well. Like the whole club.

Nothing wrong with the chant just the timing that was so very strange.

DH1875
10-03-2018, 09:40 AM
When they started singing "When hearts went on to win the Scottish cup" I was like, who gives a f uck :faf:
. They just don't get.

KdyHby
10-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Hearts - the only team to organise an open top bus to celebrate being 0 0 at half time

Northernhibee
10-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Hearts - the only team to organise an open top bus to celebrate being 0 0 at half time

They did quite well if you took away the second half.

It's OK.

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 11:22 AM
They were cheering & dancing around during HT as if they had just won the CL

matty_f
10-03-2018, 11:49 AM
They were cheering & dancing around during HT as if they had just won the CL

To be fair that was the first time since the early sixties that they'd gone forty five minutes without a booking. You can't grudge them celebrating that.

Keith_M
10-03-2018, 11:54 AM
This is a group of Fans that celebrated not yet being a goal down by throwing flares onto the pitch, before the game had even started!

With that kind of expectation, is it any wonder they would celebrate still not being behind after 45 minutes?

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 12:17 PM
This is a group of Fans that celebrated not yet being a goal down by throwing flares onto the pitch, before the game had even started!

With that kind of expectation, is it any wonder they would celebrate still not being behind after 45 minutes?

To be fair, they just wanted to delay the inevitable so can’t really blame them for that.

Baader
10-03-2018, 12:18 PM
When you can't even manage a shot on target you've got to celebrate something. Next it might be throw ins...

BullsCloseHibs
10-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Hibs own them.

We move on and think about the bigger picture now.

Sir David Gray
10-03-2018, 12:25 PM
To be fair that was the first time since the early sixties that they'd gone forty five minutes without a booking. You can't grudge them celebrating that.

That must have been a good time to be a Jambo since it coincided with their last League Cup triumph.

NAE NOOKIE
10-03-2018, 12:29 PM
I had no idea what they were singing most of the time and it was pretty clear neither did the 3/4 of their supporters not in the bottom deck nearest the east because they didn't join in :greengrin

To be fair to them that's probably the 'best?' they have been in their last 5 visits or more to ER almost certainly encouraged by their scrappy cup win. Just like their team, put up a fight in the first half, but ultimately it petered out into nothing as they drifted away along with their defence ...... I do wish they would hang around for Sunshine on Leith, they tell me its one of the finer sights in British football and they seem to miss it every time :greengrin