PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Dirtier Team in the League than Hertz?

The Harp Awakes
09-03-2018, 11:30 PM
Total hammer throwers. Anti-football at its worst.

Monts
09-03-2018, 11:32 PM
The fair play league suggests not

Sir David Gray
09-03-2018, 11:32 PM
It actually beggars belief that only one of their players got booked. They could have had 4 or 5 yellow cards in the first half alone.

Mantis Toboggan
09-03-2018, 11:33 PM
Madden way too lenient. Although he got almost all the actual calls right to be fair to him

snooky
09-03-2018, 11:37 PM
Thought Madden was decent tonight.
You won't hear me saying that very often about SFA refs.

Sir David Gray
09-03-2018, 11:39 PM

Let them off with murder. Ridiculously lenient with some of their fouls. It was pathetic what they were allowed to get away with.

green day
09-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Let them off with murder. Ridiculously lenient with some of their fouls. It was pathetic what they were allowed to get away with.

Agreed. Although, he would probably say he was letting the game flow.

Lancs Harp
09-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Not sure how Lafferty managed to escape a booking for committing a rugby tackle.

Franck Stanton
09-03-2018, 11:41 PM
To answer op' s question - No

Bishop Hibee
09-03-2018, 11:42 PM
What I would say about Madden was he was even handed. There should have been a bundle of yellows handed out for Hearts. When it was obvious he wasn’t interested big Daz got stuck right in. Was like watching a derby from the 80’s. Except we won 😀

Onceinawhile
09-03-2018, 11:44 PM
Lafferty could have been booked for persistent diving ffs.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2018, 11:46 PM
The foul that cleaned out Stevenson in the first half was reckless in the extreme .... a booking all day long.

TelaStella
09-03-2018, 11:49 PM
We all knew fully what to expect from them but even I was taken a back a bit. We had a former pro with us and he was shocked at some of the things they were doing and he played in the 70's! On the subject of Kyle Lafferty, that man can't be a footballer, don't even think rugby could help him.

Stick to the bookies big man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManBearPig
09-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Motherwell are up there in my opinion but it’s close

leggeto
10-03-2018, 12:00 AM
They do know how to kill a game(or try).
Constantly breaking momentum, they drag other teams down to their level

matty_f
10-03-2018, 12:02 AM
The ref got all the important calls right but I can't believe he only booked one Hearts player (iirc).

Just Jimmy
10-03-2018, 12:03 AM
naismith had two bookable offenses early on in a row, neither of which he booked him for.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Mantis Toboggan
10-03-2018, 12:10 AM
naismith had two bookable offenses early on in a row, neither of which he booked him for.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The first especially. Later in the game a ref books him for that every time.

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 02:35 AM
Easy question with a simple answer - NO

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2018, 02:38 AM
Madden was terrible. Like all Scottish referees he indulges hammer throwers and this just penalizes football. If he clamped down on them earlier we would have had a proper game. (And they would have been destroyed).

BoomtownHibees
10-03-2018, 07:07 AM
Madden gave us pretty much every foul that he should have but was way to lenient with the lack of bookings

GreenLake
10-03-2018, 07:19 AM
Madden was terrible. Like all Scottish referees he indulges hammer throwers and this just penalizes football. If he clamped down on them earlier we would have had a proper game. (And they would have been destroyed).

I could have posted this myself, although probably less eloquently and with less wit.

jax67
10-03-2018, 07:43 AM
The fair play league suggests not

I’d like to know how many times, since the fair play league started,
that the burgundy boys have won the esteemed honour
of being the leagues dirtiest side?

jax67
10-03-2018, 08:03 AM
Sad I know but here are the stats for them in the
FairPlay league since season 05/06

05/06 Bottom
06/07 2nd bottom
07/08 Bottom
08/09 9th
09/10 Bottom
10/11 Bottom
11/12 9th
12/13 7th
13/14 Bottom
14/15 n/a
15/16 2nd Bottom
16/17 8th
17/18 Bottom.

A GANG!!

Sir David Gray
10-03-2018, 08:15 AM

05/06 Bottom
06/07 2nd bottom
07/08 Bottom
08/09 9th
09/10 Bottom
10/11 Bottom
11/12 9th
12/13 7th
13/14 Bottom
14/15 n/a
15/16 2nd Bottom
16/17 8th
17/18 Bottom.

A GANG!!

If ever a statistic summed up an entire football club, this would be it.

jax67
10-03-2018, 08:37 AM
If ever a statistic summed up an entire football club, this would be it.

So true.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-03-2018, 08:41 AM

05/06 Bottom
06/07 2nd bottom
07/08 Bottom
08/09 9th
09/10 Bottom
10/11 Bottom
11/12 9th
12/13 7th
13/14 Bottom
14/15 n/a
15/16 2nd Bottom
16/17 8th
17/18 Bottom.

A GANG!!

What the hell happened in 12/13 - 7th isn’t acceptable!

jax67
10-03-2018, 09:02 AM
What the hell happened in 12/13 - 7th isn’t acceptable!

Must have been rigged!!😁

Bostonhibby
10-03-2018, 09:02 AM
There definitely isn't.

What I wondered was is there a player who sums hearts up any better than Adao?

Violent one paced niggly thug. Got to be in with a shout for their player of the year

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
10-03-2018, 09:06 AM
If we had team fouls like basketball they would struggle to finish a game with 9 men.

10-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Horrible horrible team but they have always been the same.

The Green Goblin
10-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Total hammer throwers. Anti-football at its worst.

I was watching with a West Ham supporting friend. He was sitting in total disbelief at the number and type of fouls they were committing without getting a yellow. We started counting and were well into double figures just for them, but the game stats show one yellow card each. He just couldn’t believe it. “Wtf is this referee about?” Was his half time summary. :cb

wookie70
10-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Until Scottish referees start to try and let the game be played properly then the national sport will not progress. Hearts were wasting time from the first minute, every free kick we had they blocked for an age without the ref stamping his authority. There must have been at least 4 clear bookings and that doesn't include those for persistent fouling. Without the bookings they just continue to foul and the play is constantly broken up. The complete lack of action against anti-football is one of the things that is killing Scottish football. What TV executive would want to pay fortunes to beam what Hearts call football to the masses.

Our success has been built around doing things the right way and if other Scottish teams followed that example we might start to have a product that is sell-able.

jax67
10-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Godinho has three fouls before Madden spoke to him, telling him no more. He had at least another three after.

A Hi-Bee
10-03-2018, 10:16 AM
I was watching with a West Ham supporting friend. He was sitting in total disbelief at the number and type of fouls they were committing without getting a yellow. We started counting and were well into double figures just for them, but the game stats show one yellow card each. He just couldn’t believe it. “Wtf is this referee about?” Was his half time summary. :cb

Dont know about the stats, or the dirtiest team but I do know they do play in the dirtiest colour.
:flag::flag::flag:

jax67
10-03-2018, 10:25 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1

Stats here.

lapsedhibee
10-03-2018, 10:30 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/fairnesstabelle/wettbewerb/SC1

Stats here.

Is there a table showing fouls by team? Hearts are out in front with yellows, but it's been noted on a few occasions this season that they seem to get fewer yellows per foul than other teams (because they are better at rotational fouling). They must be boulevards ahead on foul count.

jax67
10-03-2018, 10:36 AM
Is there a table showing fouls by team? Hearts are out in front with yellows, but it's been noted on a few occasions this season that they seem to get fewer yellows per foul than other teams (because they are better at rotational fouling). They must be boulevards ahead on foul count.

I don’t know if there’s a foul table, but I agree with your
thinking.

ancient hibee
10-03-2018, 10:38 AM
They regularly clock up around 20 fouls a game which is way above average.It’s obviously the game plan to commit these as far up the pitch as possible and then obstruct any attempt to take a quick free kick so that they end up defending long balls into the box which Berra can do all day and is the reason they had their long run without losing a goal.It rebounds of course because their goal scoring record is poor as their front players play the man more often than the ball.

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 11:01 AM

Stats here.

Did not know or I might be reading it wrongly, we are the only team in the league that hasn’t had a straight red card or 2nd yellow dismissal

Same Sleeves
10-03-2018, 11:05 AM
There definitely isn't.

What I wondered was is there a player who sums hearts up any better than Adao?

Violent one paced niggly thug. Got to be in with a shout for their player of the year

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The battle between him and Allan was immense ,loads of niggly fouls and loads of verbals and Scott winning the war with that fantastic strike then they look for each other at the end of the game to shake hands and embrace

jax67
10-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Did not know or I might be reading it wrongly, we are the only team in the league that hasn’t had a straight red card or 2nd yellow dismissal

Certainly looks like that to me.👍
Football being the winner?

TheMentalHibees
10-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Second half when we were swarming all over them they were just sticking legs out trying to bring our players down. After leveins comments about the footballing team being the one that usually wins this fixture you have to wonder just how much crack he has with his morning brew. Absolute cloggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerald green
10-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Madden gave them the green light to kick, push, hold jerseys, stand over the ball at free kicks etc etc and they took advantage of that. Referees have to clamp down early to stop it happening.

Then after all the clogging he brings out a yellow card for Marciano. I'm not sure what that was for?

Galahibby
10-03-2018, 11:59 AM

That's pretty much what we were saying at the game. 3 or 4 of them should have been playing the second half on a booking and it could've made for a bigger win. Still, can't really complain at the outcome 😁

jax67
10-03-2018, 12:00 PM
What happened to the referees stamping their authority on games in the first 20 minutes. It sets a precidence and players know they won’t get away with persistent fouling.
Book someone early then watch the football flow. That’s how teams of cloggers should be dealt with. IMO of course.

Monts
10-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Madden gave them the green light to kick, push, hold jerseys, stand over the ball at free kicks etc etc and they took advantage of that. Referees have to clamp down early to stop it happening.

Then after all the clogging he brings out a yellow card for Marciano. I'm not sure what that was for?

He booted the ball away

matty_f
10-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Imagine if you had to watch them every week?!

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-03-2018, 12:06 PM
They regularly clock up around 20 fouls a game which is way above average.It’s obviously the game plan to commit these as far up the pitch as possible and then obstruct any attempt to take a quick free kick so that they end up defending long balls into the box which Berra can do all day and is the reason they had their long run without losing a goal.It rebounds of course because their goal scoring record is poor as their front players play the man more often than the ball.

I've been going on about this for months, eye bleeding stuff.

emerald green
10-03-2018, 12:06 PM
He booted the ball away

OK that's a yellow card I suppose. Not sure why Marciano did that TBH, but there was stuff going on that was far more worthy of a yellow card and ignored by the referee.

Monts
10-03-2018, 12:15 PM
OK that's a yellow card I suppose. Not sure why Marciano did that TBH, but there was stuff going on that was far more worthy of a yellow card and ignored by the referee.

There was a suggestion on another thread that he was reacting to abuse rather than time wasting, but I wasn't close enough to know. It seemed a strange thing to do at the time.

emerald green
10-03-2018, 12:36 PM
There was a suggestion on another thread that he was reacting to abuse rather than time wasting, but I wasn't close enough to know. It seemed a strange thing to do at the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if he reacted to the dogs abuse he was no doubt getting from the drunks in the stand behind him.

ballengeich
10-03-2018, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he reacted to the dogs abuse he was no doubt getting from the drunks in the stand behind him.

After the card the ref picked up something that was lying on the pitch so I suspect it was more than abuse being hurled at him.

Keith_M
10-03-2018, 12:54 PM

He was receiving verbals, had a lighter and coins thrown at him and, immediately before the incident, a Hearts Fan hit him on the head with the ball.

He reacted to that, but nothing was done about the verbal and physical abuse.

HappyAsHellas
10-03-2018, 01:03 PM
I watched the Marciano incident from the FF upper and it seemed like the Hearts fans were keeping a hold of the ball at a bye kick, which is weird because they were getting beat, but I suppose time wasting is in bred with them. Anyway, they seemed to throw the ball directly at him and he just booted it back which I found mildly amusing at the time. As to the dirtiest team in the league I saw them last night with all their usual thuggery and dirty tricks etc being condoned by an incompetent referee.

Lago
10-03-2018, 01:17 PM
I agree, he played advantage when many would have blown up allowing Hearts to break up & stop the Hibs flow of play.

Deansy
10-03-2018, 01:41 PM

WHY aren't refs punishing them for this, it's obvious it's part of their strategy, blocking their opposition from taking quick free-kicks - isn't it a bookable offence ??. Their game-plan revolves around fouling and gamesmanship -

Crunching/illegal tackles always in the middle of the pitch, never anywhere near their 18-yard.

As someone mentioned earlier 'Rotational Fouling' - every game its as clear as day, their players DO take it in turn to foul so that referees don't see 'consistent fouling'.

When the opposition is pressing and has the better of them, Berra or A.N.Other defender suffer a mystery injury which always requires the attention of their physio - this 'stunt' usually results in taking the sting out of the game so again, Hearts profit from it !

Jack Hackett
10-03-2018, 01:59 PM
The ref got all the important calls right but I can't believe he only booked one Hearts player (iirc).

:agree:

Fortunately, both goals hit the back of the net... which makes them good even by the yams yardstick. A reluctance to book apart, he did well in what was about the best reffing performance we've had this season

Geo_1875
10-03-2018, 03:05 PM

Fortunately, both goals hit the back of the net... which makes them good even by the yams yardstick. A reluctance to book apart, he did well in what was about the best reffing performance we've had this season

He did wave play on when Lafferty and Adao took dramatic dives and rolled about clutching their imaginary injuries. So why no action against them for simulation? That is overlooked in the aftermath of another poor refereeing performance.

10-03-2018, 04:12 PM
Never known them to be any different in all my years watching football. They've never been a team that sets out to play actual football especially Levein teams. His footballing philosophy is build a team full of big bruisers that will literally kick lumps out of people.

Their disciplinary record speaks for itself. Horrible horrible club.

whiskas
10-03-2018, 07:26 PM

If that’s the best I’d hate to see the worst! Guy behind me actually started counting the fouls and it was well over 20 by the end. Some of the tackles at best wouldn’t have looked amiss at Murrayfield and at worst would have you in the cells on an assault charge.
I actually joked that he must have left his cards in the dressing room as there was no other reasonable explanation for them not being bookings and lo on 47 mins he gets out his card!
Also he gave them a corner when it a throw in clear as day.

On the plus side at least he was given the fouls and playing advantage when/where possible