PDA

View Full Version : Hearts fans and smoke bombs?

Diclonius
10-03-2018, 12:19 AM
What was the point of them throwing two of these on the pitch before kick off and subsequently delaying the game?

Surely the whole point (if any, there's a good reason these are banned) is to throw them on when you score, thereby delaying the restart and giving the opposing team longer to wait?

Maybe they just weren't very optimistic this evening.

Jack Hackett
10-03-2018, 12:26 AM
They're just very very thick :lolyam:

tamig
10-03-2018, 12:27 AM
Erses. Simple as 👍

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2018, 12:28 AM
What was the point of them throwing two of these on the pitch before kick off and subsequently delaying the game?

Surely the whole point (if any, there's a good reason these are banned) is to throw them on when you score, thereby delaying the restart and giving the opposing team longer to wait?

Nutshell. One could scent their desperation and fear from the hospitality seats in the West.

Lancs Harp
To be fair they were distress flares. The knew what was coming.

Monts
They knew they wouldn't get to use them during the game. They were just trying to delay the inevitable.

squire
10-03-2018, 12:29 AM
Blew their beans early

monktonharp
10-03-2018, 12:34 AM
I thought they had 4 in total? original white one on the pitch and almost immediately a maroon sheitey one in amongst themselves then a bloody orange one, which started drifting in the air to amongst the Hibs fans near the touchline. then, there was another maroon sheitey one which rolled onto the pitch but seemed to die out, a bit like their team as the game progressed. there also was a green one, presumably from our end as it was just after we scored.

Hibby70
10-03-2018, 12:35 AM
I thought it was a very good display. How they managed to get flares the exact colour of the rust on their main stand god only knows.

monktonharp
10-03-2018, 12:35 AM
we got beat 4-1 on flares.

SirDavidsNapper
10-03-2018, 12:36 AM
Be better off just smoke bombing themselves. Saves the torture of seeing derby pumpings

O'Rourke3
10-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Not a fan but given they usually get thrown to celebrate,just before kick off and the score is still 0-0 seems about right for their fans surely?

Carheenlea
10-03-2018, 01:02 AM
Don’t mind them, adds a bit of colour and atmosphere to the occasion. The fact they were ignited pre match told it’s own story though - they knew they were beat from the minute they woke up this morning. An act of defiance/bravado in the face of what they knew what was coming.

Wee Effen Bee
10-03-2018, 01:55 AM
Is it true one particularly dense Jambo threw a pair of 70s disco troosers on to the pitch? 🤫
My coat, get I will.

10-03-2018, 02:02 AM
Section Nazi seemed to be congregated near the east and seemed proud of themselves at half time. Not sure what happened but none were left at full time.

Swedish hibee
10-03-2018, 02:31 AM
Why orange?

hibeejoy
10-03-2018, 02:36 AM
********s.Even in that they're *****.

Eaststandee
10-03-2018, 02:39 AM
Why orange?The strange wee club were probably trying to impress their Catholic hating West coast brothers.

Tragic

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Austinho
10-03-2018, 03:43 AM
They were simply celebrating the 0-0 scoreline before the game kicked off. They were utterly jubilant about it at half time too.

No doubt a few were kept spare to celebrate having a shot on target, but unfortunately for them it never came. Surprised they didn't invade the pitch after winning a corner in the second half.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-03-2018, 07:23 AM
They made a reasonable amount of noise in small patches of the first half but it was just that - noise

No real songs or chants that I could make out. Some trying to get the Lafferty 7ft plays the flute tune going (they really are diet Huns)

To top off their auspicious first 45 contribution, singing “can you hear the Hibees sing” at the end of the first half was just bizarre

A bit premature for celebrating a 0-0 draw there lads

Johnny Clash
10-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Setting off smoke bombs at the start of the game didn’t do their big cousins much good at Hampden although it must have been surreal for hundreds of them behind the smoke to hear the Hibs roar!

Hertz now have a sizeable section trying to ramp up the sectarian nature of their club . Songs about flutes, ‘The Billy Boys’ variation, Ulster flags and the orange smoke bomb just sadly mimicking the Paris Buns. The fights in their end might have been the result of disagreements about all that crap ... or maybe going radge at each other after so many legged it after our second?goal?

IGRIGI
10-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Flares? SOS signals in reality.

snooky
10-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Hearts playing with flare? Surely not. :confused:

Golden Bear
10-03-2018, 09:52 AM

It was Levein's game plan to play for time before the game started. He's a master tactician don't you know.

scooby
10-03-2018, 10:00 AM
To be fair they were distress flares. The knew what was coming.

👍 That made me laugh

Geo_1875
10-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Think they were trying to recreate the WW1 atmosphere that brought about their finest hour.

Robinho08
10-03-2018, 10:05 AM
Trying to delay the inevitable, Couldn't even get maroon smoke bombs. 🔔🔚s

10-03-2018, 10:09 AM
we got beat 4-1 on flares.

Petrie :grr: Sack the board!

CraigHibee
10-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Setting off smoke bombs at the start of the game didn’t do their big cousins much good at Hampden

Reminded me very much of the final when the mutants launched smoke bombs onto the field and first thing I thought was "hope we get the same result" the clowns couldn't even get the first one out of the stand, the 2nd was launched from about 10 rows up on the bottom of the south, was hoping the fud would have been spied by the cops

A Hi-Bee
10-03-2018, 11:05 AM
I thought they had 4 in total? original white one on the pitch and almost immediately a maroon sheitey one in amongst themselves then a bloody orange one, which started drifting in the air to amongst the Hibs fans near the touchline. then, there was another maroon sheitey one which rolled onto the pitch but seemed to die out, a bit like their team as the game progressed. there also was a green one, presumably from our end as it was just after we scored.

They were trying to smoke them, realised they got very hot so throw them away, ****ing fuds that they are.

Danderhall Hibs
10-03-2018, 11:06 AM
When someone in the east chucked on the green one Efe just strolled over, picked it up with his bare hands and chucked it away. The stewards could learn from him on how to handle them!

matty_f
10-03-2018, 11:07 AM
When someone in the east chucked on the green one Effe just dtrolled over, picked it up with his bare hands and chucked it away. The stewards could learn from him on how to handle them!
Effe was probably trying to work out if he could light one of his cigars with it.

Colr
10-03-2018, 11:08 AM

If you had to follow Hearts every week, you’d want a thick pall of smoke between you and them as well.

K.Marx
10-03-2018, 11:09 AM
Thought the hearts fans were very good in the first half, which made it all the more enjoyable shutting them up in the second.

Danderhall Hibs
10-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Effe was probably trying to work out if he could light one of his cigars with it.

I think he did - after he had a draw from the bomb though.

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 11:48 AM
They knew they wouldn't get to use them during the game. They were just trying to delay the inevitable.

Exactly this.

GreenCastle
10-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Hahaha!

RyeSloan
10-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Reminded me very much of the final when the mutants launched smoke bombs onto the field and first thing I thought was "hope we get the same result" the clowns couldn't even get the first one out of the stand, the 2nd was launched from about 10 rows up on the bottom of the south, was hoping the fud would have been spied by the cops

I spotted who threw it from the half way line in the East...the polis standing right in front of them did nowt.

BullsCloseHibs
10-03-2018, 12:26 PM
Some real ***** tubes on Easter Road last night chanting Seig Heils and threatening folk. That's the level of Hearts people. They don't actually KNOW who they are. They talk about their 'Traditions'....having a laugh.

Ardenttwo
10-03-2018, 12:32 PM

More to the point why did the police do nothing about it Surely there should have been some evictions Good god the police were looking on from a few yards away

portycabbage
10-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Some real ***** tubes on Easter Road last night chanting Seig Heils and threatening folk. That's the level of Hearts people. They don't actually KNOW who they are. They talk about their 'Traditions'....having a laugh.

You’d think given their pivotal role in winning world wars that they’d remember what side they were on!

Bostonhibby
10-03-2018, 12:48 PM
If I was having to watch them every week I'd want a pretty decent smoke screen set up before a balls kicked as well and it would need to last the full 90 minutes.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

heretoday
10-03-2018, 12:49 PM
They're just morons.

sleeping giant
10-03-2018, 12:53 PM

Seen a few Nazi salutes from them on their way out after the 2nd.
One guy stood for ages doing it in front of the police who didn't bat an eyelid.