PDA

View Full Version : The Lennon Era

One Day Soon
09-03-2018, 11:07 PM
We are so lucky to have him.

And he conducted himself with class in his interview tonight when it would have been so easy to gloat or act as crassly as Levein did after the last game.

I'm loving the Neil Lennon Order.

Ilovehibs
09-03-2018, 11:08 PM
We are so lucky to have him.

And he conducted himself with class in his interview tonight when it would have been so easy to gloat or act as crassly as Levein did after the last game.

I'm loving the Neil Lennon Order.

Hear hear. Neil Lennon's green and white army.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2018, 12:15 AM
Absolutely.

I keep saying it but this has been my favourite ever time as a Hibs fan and he’s the best manager we’ve ever had.

God I hope he stays a few more seasons. We can win the league with him.

HH81
10-03-2018, 12:19 AM
Where can I find interview from after game today?

AgentDaleCooper
10-03-2018, 12:20 AM
i genuinely think that if he were to hang around here for another 3-5 years, he could win the league and go on to be the next sir alex ferguson down south. he's a young manager, and building not just a team but a club into a dynasty would be unreal on his CV, and would be enough to get him a really top job.

Billy Whizz
10-03-2018, 12:20 AM
Where can I find interview from after game today?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43353338

HH81
10-03-2018, 12:29 AM
Thanks Billy. I'm away and the BBC website is a bit of a mess. Hard to find links.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2018, 12:48 AM
Been in charge for 65 league games and only lost 9.

Pretty impressive stuff.

Jamesie
10-03-2018, 01:15 AM
i genuinely think that if he were to hang around here for another 3-5 years, he could win the league and go on to be the next sir alex ferguson down south. he's a young manager, and building not just a team but a club into a dynasty would be unreal on his CV, and would be enough to get him a really top job.

I was looking over at our dugout tonight towards the end of the second half and couldn’t help have both a sense of pleasure tinged with some melancholy as well on the basis that I know this era will not last forever and at some stage Lennon will leave - I consoled myself instead with just enjoying the moment!. I really hope it doesn’t end until on or around the periods you suggest though!

hibeejoy
10-03-2018, 01:28 AM
It is.Love it :flag:

Borderhibbie76
10-03-2018, 01:43 AM
Absolutely.

I keep saying it but this has been my favourite ever time as a Hibs fan and he’s the best manager we’ve ever had.

God I hope he stays a few more seasons. We can win the league with him.He seems at home here a bit like Scotty Allan since his return. His comments during the week about enjoying the Edinburgh derbies more than the Glasgow bigot fest just reassure me he's very content here and I think he knows he could achieve something special with us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2018, 01:49 AM
Totally agree.

In every interview he’s given he comes across so content with life at Hibs. He’s building something here and wants to win things with us. Everything is on the up and he’ll have a far bigger budget next season for us to kick on.

I’ve no doubt that other clubs will be in for him soon but it’ll need to be somewhere special to tempt him away.

Johnny Clash
10-03-2018, 08:26 AM
A mistake a lot of people make in life is to go chasing the big money and by doing so ending up in a rotten situation where you’re constantly stressed out.

I’d much rather work somewhere I like, that has a good vibe with decent people around me even if it means less dosh. Quality of life is more important so I hope Lenny stays a long time with his Hibernian family!

Northernhibee
10-03-2018, 08:30 AM
A mistake a lot of people make in life is to go chasing the big money and by doing so ending up in a rotten situation where you’re constantly stressed out.

I’d much rather work somewhere I like, that has a good vibe with decent people around me even if it means less dosh. Quality of life is more important so I hope Lenny stays a long time with his Hibernian family!

Yep. I've just taken a pay cut of around eight grand a year from a very well paid but miserable job to one that I enjoy, with a good boss and in a very good company. Your lifestyle becomes a little more frugal but it's better overall.

You don't get money for nothing and there's a reason some places need to pay over the odds. You spend too much time at work to be miserable in it.

I'm being won round by him. Wasn't happy with the Killie game and he's certainly not our best manager of all time but there's very little as of late to be unhappy with. Aberdeen, Sevco, Farts - three big games, nine points.

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 10:08 AM
In my 26 years supporting Hibs, he’s been the best out of the lot that we’ve had in my generation in my opinion.

McLeish & Mowbray were successful when they were here and I’ll always love Stubbs but Lennon is absolutely number 1 out of that lot.

Really hope he is here for many years to come. We are building something really special with him and Dempster at the club.

GGTTH
NLGAWA

matty_f
10-03-2018, 10:12 AM
This Hibs side will be remembered as fondly as our best ever sides, imho.

We play good football, they have brought full houses to Easter Road, and the big difference from previous sides is that we are regularly winning the big games.

Lennon is doing a remarkable job. Remember we were only promoted this season - to even be talking about third (never mind second) this late in the season is tremendous.

jacomo
10-03-2018, 10:13 AM
Absolutely.

God I hope he stays a few more seasons. We can win the league with him.

Mon the positivity.

Everyone knows the odds are stacked against us... but if you aren’t in it to win it, what’s the point?

If Motherwell and Killie continue their progress, there might be a few teams who can realistically expect to take regular points off Rantic - just what you need for a genuinely competitive division.

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Remember when people scoffed at the mere suggestion we could finish 2nd?

We might not, but we are making a very good attempt at it. :top marks

GreenCastle
10-03-2018, 10:19 AM
In my 26 years supporting Hibs, he’s been the best out of the lot that we’ve had in my generation in my opinion.

McLeish & Mowbray were successful when they were here and I’ll always love Stubbs but Lennon is absolutely number 1 out of that lot.

Really hope he is here for many years to come. We are building something really special with him and Dempster at the club.

GGTTH
NLGAWA

Love this and fully agree

Oscar T Grouch
10-03-2018, 10:33 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43353338

The glaring difference in managers there. Lennon saying hearts played well and went out to win the game, but in the end Hibs are a better team. Levein doesn’t even acknowledge Hibs playing well, and oor goals were scrappy.
Neil Lennon born winner
Craig Levein born loser and bitter hearts fanboy 😂😂

McD
10-03-2018, 10:57 AM
I was looking over at our dugout tonight towards the end of the second half and couldn’t help have both a sense of pleasure tinged with some melancholy as well on the basis that I know this era will not last forever and at some stage Lennon will leave - I consoled myself instead with just enjoying the moment!. I really hope it doesn’t end until on or around the periods you suggest though!

At some point everyone will leave the club, however I think with Lennon there’s a lot of factors that could be in our favour.

Theres only 2 clubs in Scotland with the clout to seriously turn his head, Rangers and Celtic. He’s not going to rangers (not that they’d likely look to him anyway, or that he’d want anything to do with them), and with Celtic he’s been there and done that, and already achieved what can sensibly be expected of any manager there, champions league after Christmas. There’s nothing left to achieve there.
As for down south, his time with Bolton has, I think, made him very wary of middling clubs in England. I’m not saying he’ll not go to England, but I think it would need to be a big club, which has demonstrable finance and commitment towards using it, and commitment to him, and be able to show him they aren’t a basket case. There aren’t many of those clubs, most of whom aren’t looking in Scotland for a manager.

I also think that Dempster has (or certainly should) be selling Lennon on what kind of a legend he’d become if he could build something more than the typical 3-5 year 3rd place stint of a non-OF team in Scotland, point him towards Eddie Turnbull’s legacy and ask him if he wants to be held in similar (managerial) esteem.

Whatever happens, let’s enjoy the ride and hope Neil is doing the same :greengrin

The glaring difference in managers there. Lennon saying hearts played well and went out to win the game, but in the end Hibs are a better team. Levein doesn’t even acknowledge Hibs playing well, and oor goals were scrappy.
Neil Lennon born winner
Craig Levein born loser and bitter hearts fanboy ����

levein measures his entire existence against Hibs. He has a great derby record, but no medals. Speak to fans of Dundee Utd, Leicester, Scotland fans, very few have anything good to say about him. He has nothing in his life except beating Hibs. When he came close to winning trophies, his negative approach and cowardly ways came to fore, not to mention walloping his teammate.
conversely, we have a manager who has won trophies in England and Scotland as a player, reached a European final as part of a team not tipped to get anywhere near that level, and was seen as a player who could be relied upon to deliver for his teams. as a manager, he has won trophies, led a relative minnow in European terms to the latter stages of the champions league, and walked away under his own volition long before he would have been removed by Celtic.

Neil Lennon certainly isn’t perfect, as I’m sure he’d readily admit. But he’s a much bigger man than levein will ever be.

Sas_The_Hibby
10-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Been in charge for 65 league games and only lost 9.

Pretty impressive stuff.

And drawn 56

Just kidding :greengrin