PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hanlon

bingo70
09-03-2018, 09:28 PM
Lots of threads about various players and they all deserve it however imo Paul Hanlon was superb and deserves a special mention.

No frills, nothing fancy but broke forward at every opportunity and totally dominated a tough opponent (not a good one, a tough one though)

Baader
09-03-2018, 09:43 PM
Good little flick under a bit of pressure to set up Allan as well. Hanlon is a proper footballer.

Joe6-2
09-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Great ball to Allan for the goal, quick thinking

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2018, 10:27 PM
Strolled it.

Brightside
09-03-2018, 10:38 PM
The best CH in scotland. How anyone thinks those hearts boys are his level is beyond me. My drum has been battered to death for 8 years +. He is our Captain. He is the best. There is no doubt.

Mibbes Aye
09-03-2018, 10:43 PM
I really enjoyed Paul Hanlon's performance tonight. It was a measure of his confidence (and their defensiveness) that he was up there jousting in their box to lay the ball off to Allan for his goal.

His cigar moment must have been when he intercepted the ball in his stride at no mean speed and played it off his left foot onto his right and straight back to Rocky to break up a would-be HOMFC attack.

sleeping giant
09-03-2018, 10:47 PM
Strolled it.

:agree:
Class

Brightside
09-03-2018, 10:52 PM
I'd love our fans to really accept we have a proper captain at Hibs now......i love SDG. But despite what people say Paul constantly shouts at the team and sorts them out. Its the best defence we have had in my lifetime. And we have great players to add to it if required. Have a look up town and they are f3cked.

bingo70
09-03-2018, 10:58 PM
I'd love our fans to really accept we have a proper captain at Hibs now......i love SDG. But despite what people say Paul constantly shouts at the team and sorts them out. Its the best defence we have had in my lifetime. And we have great players to add to it if required. Have a look up town and they are f3cked.

Imo Hanlon is a different player now than he was when he was captain before.

He’s always been a classy composed defender but I think previously the captaincy intimidates him a bit and he got dominated a bit when a physical forward targeted him. He’s really grown into the position though and he’s absolutely different class now.

Certainly deserves an international call up and if you were to offer me a swap with hearts for Berra or Souttar there’s no question you’d be getting told to **** right off.

jeffers
09-03-2018, 10:59 PM

I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, he was always a good player, but the last few seasons he's been superb and has a harder edge to his game that was missing. Excellent again tonight. I had no issues with McGeouch getting Man of the Match, but it could just have easily been awarded to Paul Hanlon.

Brightside
09-03-2018, 11:00 PM

He’s always been a classy composed defender but I think previously the captaincy intimidates him a bit and he got dominated a bit when a physical forward targeted him. He’s really grown into the position though and he’s absolutely different class now.

Certainly deserves an international call up and if you were to offer me a swap with hearts for Berra or Souttar there’s no question you’d be getting told to **** right off.

Brilliant to see that from you. There was a long time i was in the minority and people would rip me for it. But the boy is a proper player....he is our Baresi.

Danderhall Hibs
09-03-2018, 11:02 PM

:agree:

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 02:15 AM
He’s been immense for the last number of years. Deserves his testimonial and I hope he gets his deserved Scotland cap very soon. McLeish must surely have been impressed with what he saw compared to Souttar!

basehibby
10-03-2018, 02:33 AM
Deserves a Scotland cap IMO - Centre Half is an area of weakness for Scotland and Paul - an intelligent ball playing Central Defender coming onto his prime - could help resolve that weakness.

Allant1981
10-03-2018, 06:24 AM
played really well again and is getting better and better each week never mind season, ive not always been a fan but cant think of a better scottish CH right now