PDA

View Full Version : Jamie McLaren

Sauzee16
09-03-2018, 10:18 PM
Chose the the hibs.

Justified. Take a bow with your goal mate.

They didn’t really want him anyway 😂

SChibs
09-03-2018, 10:21 PM
It was a great goal

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2018, 10:21 PM
Hopefully he’ll kick on from here. The team must be loving it when the click and I think there’s more to come. Pity these imposters knocked us out the cup.

Oranje39
09-03-2018, 10:22 PM
Absolutely delighted he got his goal, I think he's been brilliant since getting a run in the team. Great save from his previous chance for what would have been goal of the season contender from McGinns pass.

xyz23jc
09-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Hopefully he’ll kick on from here. The team must be loving it when the click and I think there’s more to come. Pity these imposters knocked us out the cup.

Matters not a jot as the Natural Order has been restored...They're oot too! :thumbsup:

Mr White
09-03-2018, 10:27 PM
He's a good striker who hasn't played much football in the last 8 months. That goal should help his confidence and I'm hopeful we'll see a few more in the important games we'll have between now and the end of the season. Well done tonight Jamie :thumbsup:

noz
09-03-2018, 10:32 PM
A few posters on here, including myself wanted him subbed. I thought he wasnt getting involved enough... then BANG! hits the bar and then scores!! Magic

Nevi_SOL
09-03-2018, 10:44 PM
2 Hibs goals 1 against the rangers one against the tramps

DH1875
09-03-2018, 10:45 PM
A few posters on here, including myself wanted him subbed. I thought he wasnt getting involved enough... then BANG! hits the bar and then scores!! Magic

I'd have taken him off. Shows what i know :thumbsup:.

shetlandhibee
09-03-2018, 10:53 PM
I'd have taken him off. Shows what i know :thumbsup:.
i was with you there then i saw the take down and shot(what a save by the way)then quick feet for goal :top marks:flag::not worth

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2018, 10:56 PM

His shot was saved onto the bar by tbeir keeper, would have been some goal.

hibby6270
09-03-2018, 10:58 PM
To be fair both Maclaren and Kamberi didn’t get much change out of Berra and Souttar tonight.
BUT - they both never gave up. Never gave their defence a moments peace and it paid of with Maclaren’s goal which showed exactly why we signed him. Brilliant turn and measured strike.

Austinho
09-03-2018, 10:59 PM
Ran rings around Berra, Naismith and Souttar all at the same time to score there. They must feel sick :giruy2:

hibsbollah
09-03-2018, 10:59 PM
That pass from SJM and then the takedown, the shot, and the save (sadly). Best piece of play I've seen at this level for a good while. Fantastic.

Seveno
09-03-2018, 11:03 PM
So unlucky not to have scored the goal of the season but fantastic determination and skill for his goal.

Forza Fred
09-03-2018, 11:03 PM
The irony is that we never got to see his goal ‘live’ in Australia!

Hibs tv blanked out moments before his goal.

There IS a time delay, so I would be looking for A hearts supporting Verizon technician who might have pulled the plug.

Great to see him get on the scoresheet, although it wasn’t by any means a ‘typical’ goal from him.

Most of his goals have came when he is in a position of time and space, and his hard fought for goal shows that he IS adjusting to the Scottish game.

He’s in the Hibs hero history books forever now though!

Hi Heid Yin
09-03-2018, 11:54 PM
He was a menace all night.
His grit and fight and sheer determination saw him twist and turn and beat one Jambo defender after another to score his first goal for our beloved club from open play.
I'm absolutely delighted for him.

OxoHibby
09-03-2018, 11:56 PM
I thought he was missing most of the night but then scored a great goal

WhileTheChief..
09-03-2018, 11:56 PM
Just watched his goal again. Amazing that he found his way through four players and got that shot in.

Brilliant stuff.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2018, 12:34 AM

Ozyhibby
10-03-2018, 01:52 AM
I really rate him and hope we can work out a deal to keep him next season. Maclaren and Kanberri work very well together and crucially do most of thei work in the dangers areas rather than drift out wide to get away from centre half’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
10-03-2018, 02:04 AM
To be fair both Maclaren and Kamberi didn’t get much change out of Berra and Souttar tonight.
BUT - they both never gave up. Never gave their defence a moments peace and it paid of with Maclaren’s goal which showed exactly why we signed him. Brilliant turn and measured strike.

Er, no. I have to disagree: Hibs were denied the space to play football for most of the first half due to Hertz’ penchant for kicking fk out of the ball and just breaking up play at every opportunity. Both strikers did ok with the scraps in the first half but came into their own in the second half. Neither Berra nor Soapy knew how to play against them. They won a few defensive headers when we launched the ball but our two outplayed them at actual football. Footballers V Anti footballers.

Baader
10-03-2018, 02:07 AM
Made the Hearts defence look a bit silly for his goal. On another note Naismith looks finished.

WhileTheChief..
10-03-2018, 02:08 AM
Hearts demonstrated once again that they don’t know how to play football.

In the first half they just fouled every time one of our players had the ball and tried to go forwards. We were kinda joking about how many steps McGinn or McGeogh would get before being taken out.

The ref did nothing to help either.

Funnily enough Kickback is full of praise for the ref for allowing the game to flow and not brandishing yellow cards. That was up until we scored, then the ref was useless and was giving them nothing!

Johnny_Leith
10-03-2018, 03:43 AM
I am absolutely delighted for him.

There's been a few snide comments on here prior to tonight about his performances and how he 'has to start scoring'. How about have faith in the players brought in by a good recruitment team and managed by an excellent coaching team?

He showed his worth tonight with what we missed at the first half of the season: a fox in the box type effort. Also, he's now had goals against rangers away(winner) and hearts at home (winner). Wonder if the Lennon doubters will be out in force about his signing policy in the near future???

Cmon the Hibees!!!

Man Down Under
10-03-2018, 04:36 AM
He has a really solid first touch, think there will be a few more goals from him before the season is over.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Scooter
10-03-2018, 07:06 AM
Personally I didn't think he was contributing much in the game. Then there was that touch and shot that hit the bar for me something changed after that he was much more involved he looked hungry and sharp almost a different player. Where before there was loads of effort but felt he wasn't doing much with it. I hope you understand what I'm getting at as it's not really a criticism

blackpoolhibs
10-03-2018, 07:14 AM
I really rate him and hope we can work out a deal to keep him next season. Maclaren and Kanberri work very well together and crucially do most of thei work in the dangers areas rather than drift out wide to get away from centre half’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, they dont take the easy option, they fight their corner and let those behind them get forward to support.

I have been critical of previous forwards, who never stay where they are supposed to be. :top marks

judas
10-03-2018, 07:15 AM

Me too. I thought he was struggling and also wanted him subbed. Thank god i dont manage the club.

we are hibs
10-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Personally I didn't think he was contributing much in the game. Then there was that touch and shot that hit the bar for me something changed after that he was much more involved he looked hungry and sharp almost a different player. Where before there was loads of effort but felt he wasn't doing much with it. I hope you understand what I'm getting at as it's not really a criticism

i agree. he was trying to make something happen but it wasn't coming off for him. I think the pace of the game may have caught him out a wee bit and it took him a bit to grow into it. Great finish and should've had two if it hadn't been for a ridiculous save

Elephant Stone
10-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Brilliant goal from him, that one he hit the bar with was pretty special too. Delighted for him

A Hi-Bee
10-03-2018, 11:28 AM
I am absolutely delighted for him.

There's been a few snide comments on here prior to tonight about his performances and how he 'has to start scoring'. How about have faith in the players brought in by a good recruitment team and managed by an excellent coaching team?

He showed his worth tonight with what we missed at the first half of the season: a fox in the box type effort. Also, he's now had goals against rangers away(winner) and hearts at home (winner). Wonder if the Lennon doubters will be out in force about his signing policy in the near future???

Cmon the Hibees!!!

:top marks spot on and along wi Big Flo they are a real menace, just whats been missing for a while, they need good service as well, an thats where the midfield come in to play, once they got a hold o the game last night it was just a matter o time.

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 11:31 AM

Agree. 1st half in particular he was hardly in the game. 2nd half, he was much more lively and was getting right into there faces. Scored a very good goal and could have scored an even better one if it wasn’t for a very good save by there GK

wookie70
10-03-2018, 11:46 AM
I thought both Kamberi and Jamie struggled against the Hearts Centre Halves for most of the game. They never gave up though, fought every battleand really worked hard. Kamberi had a big part to play in our opener and Jamie scored a cracking strikers's goal. I'm not sure Jamie is a huge upgrade on Murray but then I thought Murray was a good player, hope he signs again. Kamberi looks like the physical front man Lennon has been looking for and hopefully we can keep him at least another year too.

hfc rd
10-03-2018, 12:11 PM
I thought both Kamberi and Jamie struggled against the Hearts Centre Halves for most of the game. They never gave up though, fought every battleand really worked hard. Kamberi had a big part to play in our opener and Jamie scored a cracking strikers's goal. I'm not sure Jamie is a huge upgrade on Murray but then I thought Murray was a good player, hope he signs again. Kamberi looks like the physical front man Lennon has been looking for and hopefully we can keep him at least another year too.

Another thing about Kamberi is that he is still a young lad and will only get better the more he learns from guys like Lennon. Take Martin Boyle for example, since NL has been here he has improved a lot and is going to get better and better. Kamberi will think Lennon can have the same sort of effect on him.

Steve-O
10-03-2018, 12:23 PM
He pressed hard, ran hard all night, hit the bar, and scored a goal. Couldn’t have done much else.

mjhibby
10-03-2018, 12:23 PM
He's a good striker who hasn't played much football in the last 8 months. That goal should help his confidence and I'm hopeful we'll see a few more in the important games we'll have between now and the end of the season. Well done tonight Jamie :thumbsup:

He getting better with game time the same as kamberi. They look a handful for any team. What a tremendous finish for the goal and so unlucky with the shot from mcginn pass. Sublime move.

Northernhibee
10-03-2018, 12:41 PM
It was a very good goal. He had no right to get the shot away under big pressure but a great finish.