PDA

View Full Version : African Hibees

CLASS OF 72 -73
09-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Love this. family aside closest to my heart is Hibs and Africa

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/video-malawi-school-kids-turn-hibs-fans-ahead-of-edinburgh-derby-1-4702967

:agree:

superfurryhibby
09-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Saw this clip on social media. Good work by the guy in question!

MKHIBEE
09-03-2018, 04:19 PM
I'm heading to Uganda in May to visit a charity I support in Kampala, hopefully I can get the kids to adopt the Hibees as their team.

superbam
09-03-2018, 05:46 PM
I'm heading to Uganda in May to visit a charity I support in Kampala, hopefully I can get the kids to adopt the Hibees as their team.

Used to travel there a fair bit and Bobby Williamson seemed to get a lot of respect for bringing youngsters through when he was in charge of the national team. Not sure how it ended for him mind

Sauzee16
09-03-2018, 06:18 PM
I know two from Gambia who will be watching this evening.

hibby rae
09-03-2018, 07:24 PM
Ten years ago I went to Ghana and worked in a school. I bought thm some stuff when I was there, their football team didn't even have balls. My mate worked in the Hibs shop at the time and he got the club to give us ten away strips and one home strip, for their keeper. It was the kit we wore in Mowbray's first season. They were obviously overjoyed and it meant I still got to watch a Hibs team when I was there!