PDA

View Full Version : Other Results This Weekend

Greenbeard
08-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Aside from hoping the boys do the same to Hearts as the Ladies, what odds on Motherwell to win v Hamilton, Kilmarnock to win at home to Ross County, Thistle to take points off Aberdeen and Celtic to beat the Huns? Distinctly possible. Cement Hearts in the bottom six and we close the gap.

greenlex
08-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Hearts will still be top 6 no matter the results.

H18 SFR
08-03-2018, 06:03 PM
52.8/1 on betfair.

hibbysam
08-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Would rather Killie dropped points. They will finish above hearts regardless but a double figure lead over them for us would finish that challenge off.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Hearts will still be a point above Motherwell even if we beat them and Motherwell beat Hamilton.

Tug Wilson
08-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Hearts have 4 games until the split.

Hibs (a)
Partick (h)
Dundee (a)
Aberdeen (h)

Now if we beat them tomorrow then I think they get 5 points at best from the last 3 games. That puts them on 44 points.

Currently Motherwell are on 35 points so would need 10 more points from their last 5 games to force Hearts into the bottom 6.

Their remaining 5 games are:

Hamilton (a)
Celtic (h)
Rangers (h)
Aberdeen (h)
St Johnstone (a)

Pretty tough ask but not impossible. If they win at the weekend and then get a draw against either of the Uglies then the pressure mounts on our Jambo neighbours.

hibbyfraelibby
08-03-2018, 07:15 PM
I can see Motherwell beating Accies, losing to Celtic drawing with the Thes and beating Aberdeen and St. Johnstone and getting the 10 points they probably need. Hearts will be lucky to get 4 draws.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2018, 07:22 PM
I can see Motherwell beating Accies, losing to Celtic drawing with the Thes and beating Aberdeen and St. Johnstone and getting the 10 points they probably need. Hearts will be lucky to get 4 draws.

They would be fortunate to get anything against Rangers. They are on fire just now away from home.

lapsedhibee
08-03-2018, 07:37 PM

Hibs (a)
Partick (h)
Dundee (a)
Aberdeen (h)

Now if we beat them tomorrow then I think they get 5 points at best from the last 3 games. That puts them on 44 points.

Currently Motherwell are on 35 points so would need 10 more points from their last 5 games to force Hearts into the bottom 6.

Hamilton (a)
Celtic (h)
Rangers (h)
Aberdeen (h)
St Johnstone (a)

Pretty tough ask but not impossible. If they win at the weekend and then get a draw against either of the Uglies then the pressure mounts on our Jambo neighbours.

Respective goal differences are sufficiently close just now that if the Mothers get goodish results from here on in they will overtake Hearts with the same number of points, so in your scenario they'd only need 9, not 10. (We're winning 2-0 tomorrow and that gets that particular ball rolling.)

bingo70
08-03-2018, 07:46 PM

Hibs (a)
Partick (h)
Dundee (a)
Aberdeen (h)

Hamilton (a)
Celtic (h)
Rangers (h)
Aberdeen (h)
St Johnstone (a)

I think 5 points from their last 3 games is pretty generous.

A win and 2 draws from those matches would be a great result for them. 3 or 4 points more likely from those games imo.

Onceinawhile
08-03-2018, 07:49 PM
If rather hearts finish 6th get a demoralising hammering from rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and killie before we turn up at tynecastle on the last day of the season aiming for second when they have nothing to play for.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2018, 07:57 PM

A win and 2 draws from those matches would be a great result for them. 3 or 4 points more likely from those games imo.

They are playing two of the worst teams in the league in those games though. They really ought to win both matches against Dundee and Partick Thistle.

Tug Wilson
08-03-2018, 07:57 PM

Agree that I was being generous. If we beat them tomorrow then they can get a maximum 9 points so 5 points is just over half possible. They will do well to even get that. Has to start with us humping them tomorrow night.

Tug Wilson
08-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Respective goal differences are sufficiently close just now that if the Mothers get goodish results from here on in they will overtake Hearts with the same number of points, so in your scenario they'd only need 9, not 10. (We're winning 2-0 tomorrow and that gets that particular ball rolling.)

Head hurt too much to think about goal difference. Could definitely be a factor.

Tug Wilson
08-03-2018, 08:01 PM
They are playing two of the worst teams in the league in those games though. They really ought to win both matches against Dundee and Partick Thistle.

If we beat them then they have to beat Partick at home or they are in a lot of bother. A trip to Dens will not be easy.