PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: PAUL HANLON GIVEN TESTIMONIAL

RSS Bot
08-03-2018, 02:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8490)

Hibbyradge
08-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Good stuff.

Northernhibee
08-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Fantastic. Truly deserved. Quality player who has shown great loyalty.

danhibees1875
08-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Good stuff - hopefully many more years to come too. :aok:

Paul still seems to divide opinion - but I think he's a very solid centre back, who can also play a little.

KWJ
08-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Club legend.

Congratulations Paul, I'll be there.

Hamish
08-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Well deserved. Won't see too many more players dedicate 10 years to the same team

Northernhibee
08-03-2018, 02:20 PM
It's rarely that you'll get two great servants to the club such as Paul and Lewis play beside each other. They're huge players to have as part of the squad.

These are good times to be a Hibby.

Sauzee16
08-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Please arrange a better game than Lewis got Hibs.

Paul more than deserves congratulations, Mr Hibs.

Hermit Crab
08-03-2018, 02:24 PM
Well done, hope theres a decent game organised.

Not In The Know
08-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Changed days isn't it. We have two players in the team worthy of testimonials. It makes me shudder to think about the utter imposters who have played alongside them in the not to distant past.

Billy Whizz
08-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Great stuff

we are hibs
08-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Massively improved under Stubbs and is now one of the best centre halves in the country. Well deserved testimonial

Smartie
08-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Changed days isn't it. We have two players in the team worthy of testimonials. It makes me shudder to think about the utter imposters who have played alongside them in the not to distant past.

I actually wonder if Lewis and Paul would have developed even more if they had been in better teams for their whole time with us?

We've been extremely lucky to have both of these excellent players with us for as long as we have.

Big_Franck
08-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Thoroughly deserved. Hopefully we get a decent game organised for him.

Brightside
08-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Our best player of the last few years, and his commitment and loyalty to the club has been unbelievable. LEGEND

Pretty Boy
08-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Well deserved. Still maintain his injury was the biggest factor, outwith the manager, in us being relegated. If he had played the run in we'd have got the point we needed.

murray26
08-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Well done Paul thoroughly deserved as said hopefully he gets a good match and decent crowd

SouthMoroccoStu
08-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Paul's a brilliant servant of this club and a genuine role model to kids in and outside of football

We never would have been relegated if he'd been fit at that end of that season

Well deserved testimonial year ahead!

GGTTH (Glory Glory To The Hanlon)

Stantons Angel
08-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Well done Paul!

so pleased he is being given a Testimonial year such a special player and a Hibs man through and through.

wookie70
08-03-2018, 03:38 PM
Well done and well deserved, hope he sees out his playing career at Hibs. Hope the testimonial committee manage to get a good game for Paul.

HH81
08-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Well deserved.

The Harp
08-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Great to hear of Paul's testimonial. His commitment to the club is well known and his performances have improved over the years. A dedicated club man.

1van Sprou7e
08-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Nothing but respect for Hanlon

One of those players who is just impossible to hate

Hibbyradge
08-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Well deserved. Still maintain his injury was the biggest factor, outwith the manager, in us being relegated. If he had played the run in we'd have got the point we needed.

I'm glad he got injured (silver lining really)

We might still have Butcher otherwise.

My_Wife_Camille
08-03-2018, 04:25 PM
A top quality player and a top quality guy. Very well deserved Paul!

calumhibee1
08-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Absolute legend. Hopefully another good knees up and a good game aswell.

andybev1
08-03-2018, 04:39 PM
I was wondering how testamonials come about. Number of years? retirement? The reason I ask is because of the opening chapter of that link says this "Hibernian Football Club has announced today that it has been approached by a Testimonial Committee" - what commitee woud this be?

EDIT: congrats paul - a pleasure watching you play!

danhibees1875
08-03-2018, 04:42 PM
I was wondering how testamonials come about. Number of years? retirement? The reason I ask is because of the opening chapter of that link says this "Hibernian Football Club has announced today that it has been approached by a Testimonial Committee" - what commitee woud this be?

It's after 10 years of service. Not sure about the committee but it was responsible for organising a lot of Stevenson's testimonial stuff, I'd never heard of it before that. (Murray was probably the previous testimonial though).

Clerie Green
08-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Make it start tomorrow Paul !

:flag::nlgwa:flag:

08-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Well deserved. A loyal servant to the club and arguably scored one of the most important goals in the clubs history. If it hadn't been for his late equaliser at tynecastle we would have been out the cup and 21.05.16 never would have happened.

You're a legend Paul :thumbsup::not worth

Peevemor
08-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Generally à committee is set up for each testimonial - it isn't necessarily the same people each time. It'll have started off as unofficial chat and things will have been firmed up thereafter.

Billy Whizz
08-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Generally à committee is set up for each testimonial - it isn't necessarily the same people each time. It'll have started off as unofficial chat and things will have been firmed up thereafter.

Any idea who’s on it

eastcoasthibby
08-03-2018, 04:53 PM

Totally agree his all round ability and influence would have saved a goal created or scored one that would have saved us ...delighted he is with us

My_Wife_Camille
08-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Any idea who’s on it
Looks like the same folk that were on Lewys

kaimendhibs
08-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Well deserved.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Eaststand
08-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Any idea who’s on it

I'm curious as well.
Does PH appoint a group himself ?
Does anybody know who's on the committee and how it was formed ?

GGTTH

overdrive
08-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Also for tax purposes, it can’t really be seen to be the Club organising it.

Billy Whizz
08-03-2018, 05:15 PM
I'm curious as well.
Does PH appoint a group himself ?
Does anybody know who's on the committee and how it was formed ?

GGTTH

No idea, but Lewis committee was a mix of fans, business people and people within football

Eaststand
08-03-2018, 05:22 PM
No idea, but Lewis committee was a mix of fans, business people and people within football

That makes perfect sense BW, and in my opinion Paul Hanlon richly deserves this.
I'm in no way being critical of whoever it is that gives up their time to do this type of thing. I'm just curious about who it is that's on the Committee.

GGTTH

Deansy
08-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Make it start tomorrow Paul !

:flag::nlgwa:flag:

Seconded !

Go on Paul, you know you can do it, a cheeky wee goal (or two ??) to kick-start your 'Testimonial Year' - you couldn't have picked easier opposition to make it happen !!

andybev1
08-03-2018, 06:26 PM
It's after 10 years of service. Not sure about the committee but it was responsible for organising a lot of Stevenson's testimonial stuff, I'd never heard of it before that. (Murray was probably the previous testimonial though).

Thanks for clearing that up.

J-C
08-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Thoroughly deserved, great servant and superb pro.

Jonnyboy
08-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Delighted for Paul, well deserved :agree:

His testimonial committee is pretty much the same one that handled Lewis' events and a cracking job they made of it too :aok:

Bostonhibby
08-03-2018, 08:09 PM
Well deserved, another great servant to the club and a model professional.

andy1875
08-03-2018, 08:10 PM
A game of Hibs players playing each other from throughout the duration of Pauls Hibs career would be great.

I was somewhat disapointed that Lewis testimonial wasnt an 07 v 16 team. I think that would have made sure more than 5000 attended which if my memory is correct, was the attendance.

Lewis and Paul have been two great, loyal servants to our club and I hope Paul gets a good turnout.

Lancs Harp
08-03-2018, 08:18 PM
Great news, mr reliable for me. Always puts his shift in, a solid committed pro. Well deserved.

Scottish cup legend.

lyonhibs
08-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Hopefully it'll be a proper testimonial and not a normal pre season friendly with the word "testimonial" tagged on to it.

I know it was what Lewis wanted, but still had the hint of "half baked" about it as being a pure testimonial goes.

Souter96Mac
08-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Get the 07 league Cup winners vs the Scottish cup winners

BoomtownHibees
08-03-2018, 08:40 PM

Decent thought but would have been better for Lewis testimonial since he was invlolved in both

Lancs Harp
08-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Hibs v Melchester Rovers would be a cracking game. We'd get 20,000 in for that, for sure.

Sir David Gray
08-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Away to Malaga please Hibs. 👍

ian cruise
08-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Congratulations Paul! I'm a team full of great players he's still the first name on the team sheet in my opinion when fit. A fantastic player and captain, true Hibernian legend in my eyes.

Is It On....
08-03-2018, 08:53 PM
["Starting off as a 16 year old leaving school it’s something I could only dream of – playing for the club I supported for so many years.

“Pulling on the strip is something I’m so proud to do every week, and hopefully I can continue to do that for many years to come."]

Living the dream of everyone on this site who wishes it was them..

monktonharp
08-03-2018, 09:14 PM
great news to hear of this. great player and a club legend forever.

southsider
08-03-2018, 10:05 PM

It has to do with tax. The player cannot have any involvement or he is liable for tax. The comittee involement takes that away. Good luck Paul. Another Hibs Cup Final hero who has pledged large sum from this to charity. Hibernian FC not stealing but giving.

Eaststand
09-03-2018, 06:52 AM
A game of Hibs players playing each other from throughout the duration of Pauls Hibs career would be great.

I was somewhat disapointed that Lewis testimonial wasnt an 07 v 16 team. I think that would have made sure more than 5000 attended which if my memory is correct, was the attendance.

Lewis and Paul have been two great, loyal servants to our club and I hope Paul gets a good turnout.

I agree with this, and if the insurance costs for ex players still playing with other clubs appearing in an 07 v 16 game is an issue, I would pay more for a ticket to cover those costs, so that we could get the 07 v 16 team game on.

I really think a game like this involving those 2 teams would sellout.

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2018, 07:02 AM
It's some achievement in this day and age to have two players still regulars and reaching their testimonial years. Nothing better as a supporter to be able to watch a player develop from boy to man in your team, a thoroughly deserved accolade for Paul Hanlon.

danhibees1875
09-03-2018, 07:07 AM

I really wanted that for Stevenson.

Even though it makes less sense now (and harder to do as more of the '16 team are away) it's still something that would be brilliant.

Mr White
09-03-2018, 07:59 AM
It's some achievement in this day and age to have two players still regulars and reaching their testimonial years. Nothing better as a supporter to be able to watch a player develop from boy to man in your team, a thoroughly deserved accolade for Paul Hanlon.

:agree:

Particularly enjoyable with these 2 given that Paul and Lewis holding cups in the air at Hampden have created some of the most iconic images in the club's history.

Well done Paul Hanlon, thoroughly deserved :flag:

SChibs
09-03-2018, 08:23 AM

There was over 9000 at Stevensons games vs sunderland

Eaststand
09-03-2018, 08:31 AM
There was over 9000 at Stevensons games vs sunderland

I'm not doubting you, but I'm surprised it was 9000 as i remember sitting at the game thinking it was a disappointing crowd for such a loyal Hibby.

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
09-03-2018, 09:01 AM
I really wanted that for Stevenson.

Even though it makes less sense now (and harder to do as more of the '16 team are away) it's still something that would be brilliant.

I imagine it would be extraordinarily difficult to get all those players together for a game.

The 2007 team was;

NcNeil, Whittaker, Hogg, Jones, Murphy, Sproule, Beuzelin, Brown, Stevenson, Fetcher, Benjelloun. Also, Zemmama, Marti's and McCann came on as subs.

Apart from Whittaker and Stevenson, I don't know what they're all doing these days.

We'd also need Logan, Gunnarsson, Fontaine, Henderson, Fyvie, Stokes, Cummings and Keatings. And, if we didn't include the unused subs, wee Boyler wouldn't get a game at all. 😁

Depending on when in the season the match was played, players would be needed for their own clubs' campaigns or pre-season preparations.

calumhibee1
09-03-2018, 09:05 AM
I imagine it would be extraordinarily difficult to get all those players together for a game.

The 2007 team was;

NcNeil, Whittaker, Hogg, Jones, Murphy, Sproule, Beuzelin, Brown, Stevenson, Fetcher, Benjelloun. Also, Zemmama, Marti's and McCann came on as subs.

Apart from Whittaker and Stevenson, I don't know what they're all doing these days.

We'd also need Logan, Gunnarsson 82 Fontaine, Henderson, Fyvie, Stokes, Cummings and Keatings. And, if we didn't include the unused subs, wee Boyler wouldn't get a game at all. 😁

Depending on when in the season the match was played, players would be needed for their own clubs' campaigns or pre-season preparations.

McNeil was in China last I heard doing coaching. Jones, Murphy and Sproule have been around ER a few times recently and would be easy enough to get back id think. Boozy is assistant at Hamilton, Brown is still at Celtic, Fletcher at Sheffield Wed and Benji is back playing in Morocco. Wee Zemmama was over for the Falkirk game when Keatings scored a winner last minute but I’ve no idea what he’s doing now.

My_Wife_Camille
09-03-2018, 09:31 AM

The 2007 team was;

We'd also need Logan, Gunnarsson, Fontaine, Henderson, Fyvie, Stokes, Cummings and Keatings. And, if we didn't include the unused subs, wee Boyler wouldn't get a game at all. 😁

The biggest factor for Stevenson’s was insurance. Was far too expensive to get them all cleared to play

danhibees1875
09-03-2018, 09:52 AM

The 2007 team was;

Oh I agree it would be a logistical nightmare. More so now than last year.

But if we get calumhibee on the committee, he seems to know all of their whereabouts :greengrin

I don't think it's a realistic option. But I do hope we get something better than a Sunderland team that had just played Livingston.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2018, 10:41 AM
The biggest factor for Stevenson’s was insurance. Was far too expensive to get them all cleared to play

Interesting.

Thanks for that.

Hibbyradge
09-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Oh I agree it would be a logistical nightmare. More so now than last year.

But if we get calumhibee on the committee, he seems to know all of their whereabouts :greengrin

I don't think it's a realistic option. But I do hope we get something better than a Sunderland team that had just played Livingston.

I agree with all of that. (Come on Callum, time to shine :greengrin)

A bespoke game is needed, but I guess there would be cost implications.

SChibs
09-03-2018, 12:19 PM
I'm not doubting you, but I'm surprised it was 9000 as i remember sitting at the game thinking it was a disappointing crowd for such a loyal Hibby.

GGTTH

To be honest I thought there was more than 5000 so I checked. I got the figure from the evening news. Maybe we counted tickets sold ;)

andy1875
09-03-2018, 01:12 PM
To be honest I thought there was more than 5000 so I checked. I got the figure from the evening news. Maybe we counted tickets sold ;)

That would be right then Sam, im surprised crowd was 9000 but I stand corrected!