PDA

View Full Version : Cup Semi at Tynecastle? (NHC)

Famous Fiver
07-03-2018, 07:37 PM
Just when I thought I had heard it all 'Biscuits' Preston suggesting on radio Killie/Aberdeen v Motherwell semi final be played at Tynecastle?

Is that man for real?

A half finished building site, non EUFA compliant rustbucket!!

Oh ma sides.........

bod
07-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Hampden has the contract for Scottish cup semis,the league cup can go to other grounds though,as usual he’s spouting pee,I mean that I really do

tamig
07-03-2018, 07:58 PM
He did have a point though about a semi being played at Hampden with 30 odd thousand empty seats.

Baader
07-03-2018, 08:02 PM
His nickname should be Basket. As in basketcase.

speedy_gonzales
07-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Spoke to a Motherwell fan on Monday, he acknowledges they won't take (relatively) many to a semi but ruled out an Edinburgh semi venue because Aberdeen should bring a fair number down (as they should) and Kilmarnock fans won't fancy travelling all the way to Edinburgh (probably via Glasgow) passing Hampden on the way,,,,

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2018, 08:45 PM
Hampden has the contract for Scottish cup semis,the league cup can go to other grounds though,as usual he’s spouting pee,I mean that I really do

You thinking of Lockie?

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 08:52 PM
He’s a plumb. Sportsound wont pick him up on it though. They repeat the new “stadium” ***** over and over again.

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 08:53 PM
He did have a point though about a semi being played at Hampden with 30 odd thousand empty seats.

Players play football in this country to make the Scottish Cip Senis and Final at the national stadium and if you are David Gray Captain and score a last minute winner...sorry off track there. That shouldn’t be taken away from them regardless of the attendance. Aberdeen will take 20,000 Killie or Motherwell 7-10k. Seat for lives and officials and sponsored another 5k. It won’t be as bad as previous Semis like Sheep v Qos for example.

hibbysam
07-03-2018, 09:03 PM
Players play football in this country to make the Scottish Cip Senis and Final at the national stadium and if you are David Gray Captain and score a last minute winner...sorry off track there. That shouldn’t be taken away from them regardless of the attendance. Aberdeen will take 20,000 Killie or Motherwell 7-10k. Seat for lives and officials and sponsored another 5k. It won’t be as bad as previous Semis like Sheep v Qos for example.

Aberdeen never have, and won’t this time, take 20k. They barely took 12k last season.

Ringothedog
07-03-2018, 09:45 PM
It will be a 12.15 kick off on a Saturday, there will be no more than 20000 regardless of who plays in the semis

Speedy
07-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Doesn't seem fair that Hearts would get to play at home in a semi final.

Or do you mean the other one? Surely the old firm will sell out Hampden.

:greengrin

Kato
07-03-2018, 09:49 PM
It will be a 12.15 kick off on a Saturday,

Which an insult and disgraceful.

superfurryhibby
07-03-2018, 09:50 PM
It will be a 12.15 kick off on a Saturday, there will be no more than 20000 regardless of who plays in the semis

Except when Aberdeen played Hibs last year? Was the crowd not 28'000? I was there but my memories not what it was.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2018, 09:54 PM
If it's going to be played anywhere other than Hampden, it will be at Edinburgh's biggest football stadium.

hibsboy07
07-03-2018, 10:02 PM
No way will the sheep take 20k,remember last season.
The game live on telly early ko lucky if they take 10k

Clerie Green
07-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Who gives a flying Donald ... !
Bring them on and let’s smash them .

:flag::nlgwa:flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-03-2018, 10:09 PM
At least New Tiny will get a sell out crowd.

KWJ
07-03-2018, 10:13 PM

I'd be surprised if these Motherwell and Killie teams didn't take over 25,000 total. It's no novelty for Aberdeen but would still expect a decent crowd.

Game should be at Hampden.

Frazerbob
07-03-2018, 10:22 PM
Just when I thought I had heard it all 'Biscuits' Preston suggesting on radio Killie/Aberdeen v Motherwell semi final be played at Tynecastle?

Is that man for real?

A half finished building site, non EUFA compliant rustbucket!!

Oh ma sides.........

He also suggested ER, which he said was a magnificent stadium (or words to the effect). He was making a very good point. The game should be at ER. Tynie would be an option when it's finished.

hibsboy07
07-03-2018, 10:37 PM
If its well v Killie no chance it would sell out in Edinburgh

Sir David Gray
07-03-2018, 11:27 PM
If its well v Killie no chance it would sell out in Edinburgh

Motherwell v Kilmarnock wouldn't even sell out in either Motherwell or Kilmarnock. The fact it would be held in Edinburgh would be irrelevant.

McSwanky
08-03-2018, 09:45 AM
The only thing Tynecastle has going for it is that its slightly better location wise than Easter Road. If I were a Motherwell, Aberdeen or Killie fan I'd much prefer adding 15 minutes onto my journey to watch the semi in a stadium that I know is safe though.

Sauzee16
08-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Aberdeen should take 15-20,000 to a winnable Semi if they don’t then fair enough.

Aldo
08-03-2018, 11:36 AM
The only thing Tynecastle has going for it is that its slightly better location wise than Easter Road. If I were a Motherwell, Aberdeen or Killie fan I'd much prefer adding 15 minutes onto my journey to watch the semi in a stadium that I know is safe though.

Good point but irrelevant as Tiny isn’t completed and should not even be considered until its ‘Officially Opened’ again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2018, 12:08 PM
Except when Aberdeen played Hibs last year? Was the crowd not 28'000? I was there but my memories not what it was.

Aye, but at least 17,000 of that crowd was Hibs supporters.

If its Killie v Motherwell in the semi I think it will be a miracle if the crowd hits 20,000 .... Motherwell couldn't even sell 4000 home tickets for a quarter final game against Hearts. If its Motherwell v Aberdeen the Dons fans are going to look at yet another 12:15 kick in the baws from the SFA and stay away in their droves and in all honesty who could blame them?

In semi finals and finals the turnout for most clubs is reliant on casual fans to boost numbers and Aberdeen are no different ... If you make them have to get up at 6am just to get to the game and remove any prospect of a pre match build up in the pubs around Hampden, where is the incentive to go when they can watch the game on TV? For a lot of fans games at Hampden are as much an event because of the pre match build up as the game itself .... where's the fun in spending 3 hours on a dry bus with at best an hour in the boozer before the match when you get there?

Football is supposed to be an entertainment FFS ..... Imagine going to the theatre or cinema and them putting the production or film on at such a time that you couldn't plan to go for a meal first? ... only football treats its 'customers' in such a stupid and self defeating manner.

hibsboy07
08-03-2018, 03:35 PM

If its Killie v Motherwell in the semi I think it will be a miracle if the crowd hits 20,000 .... Motherwell couldn't even sell 4000 home tickets for a quarter final game against Hearts. If its Motherwell v Aberdeen the Dons fans are going to look at yet another 12:15 kick in the baws from the SFA and stay away in their droves and in all honesty who could blame them?

In semi finals and finals the turnout for most clubs is reliant on casual fans to boost numbers and Aberdeen are no different ... If you make them have to get up at 6am just to get to the game and remove any prospect of a pre match build up in the pubs around Hampden, where is the incentive to go when they can watch the game on TV? For a lot of fans games at Hampden are as much an event because of the pre match build up as the game itself .... where's the fun in spending 3 hours on a dry bus with at best an hour in the boozer before the match when you get there?

Football is supposed to be an entertainment FFS ..... Imagine going to the theatre or cinema and them putting the production or film on at such a time that you couldn't plan to go for a meal first? ... only football treats its 'customers' in such a stupid and self defeating manner.

I agree totally with you except the dry bus issue is there such a thing now (I know its illegal but is it still enforced)

jgl07
08-03-2018, 04:04 PM

If its Killie v Motherwell in the semi I think it will be a miracle if the crowd hits 20,000 .... Motherwell couldn't even sell 4000 home tickets for a quarter final game against Hearts. If its Motherwell v Aberdeen the Dons fans are going to look at yet another 12:15 kick in the baws from the SFA and stay away in their droves and in all honesty who could blame them?.
It would certainly be a miracle for any crowd at Tynecastle to hit 20,000 as it only holds circa19,500. Unless you count the premium ‘Castle View’ seats? In most Stadiums, having seats that do not face the pitch would be a disadvantage. For Hearts it is a definite plus!

Apart from anything else why would the SFA want to put any showpiece match in the crumbling rust trap that is Tynecastle? Its playing surface is too small anyway.

Sauzee16
08-03-2018, 04:17 PM
It would certainly be a miracle for any crowd at Tynecastle to hit 20,000 as it only holds circa19,500. Unless you count the premium ‘Castle View’ seats? In most Stadiums, having seats that do not face the pitch would be a disadvantage. For Hearts it is a definite plus!

Apart from anything else why would the FA want to put any showpiece match in the crumbling rust trap that is Tynecastle? Its playing surface is too small anyway.

Tynecastle would host a league cup Semi if there was no danger there would be a sell out or if we are involved in it. Easter Road is better for absolutely everything. Apart from that mythical atmosphere due to it being a death trap and on top of the pitch.

Famous Fiver
08-03-2018, 04:28 PM
The very fact that Preston mentioned Easter Road and Tynecastle in the same sentence beggars belief and either

a) Shows the ignorance of the man
b) Shows the arrogance of the man

Either way, incredible.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2018, 05:14 PM
When Boris gets the world cup pulled from Russia maybe Preston will want to move it to the 18500 capacity rustingarena?

There's not an atmosphere like it apparently.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk