PDA

View Full Version : (Hibs content) Harry Potter and 1986

lapsedhibee
07-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Everyone knows at least one story about what happened to Harry in 1986.

I only found out today the other big story, and the one which may explain his pathological hatred/obsession with Hibs.

Apparently Potter was the best young player that ever lived, but got an injury playing against Hibs (reserves) which never really healed, and which cut his prospective magnificent career, including medals and everything, well short.

Is that well known, and is that why he's so bitter about the Hibs? :dunno:

Bostonhibby
07-03-2018, 05:48 PM

I only found out today the other big story, and the one which may explain his pathological hatred/obsession with Hibs.

Apparently Potter was the best young player that ever lived, but got an injury playing against Hibs (reserves) which never really healed, and which cut his prospective magnificent career, including medals and everything, well short.

Is that well known, and is that why he's so bitter about the Hibs? :dunno:Probably true, I heard he was nailed on favourite to win the Olympic pole vault in Los Angeles 1984 but when it came right down to it he just couldn't get that pole oot his erse.

Two years later at his next big career event it was still there. A subsequent enquiry revealed that it was a pole manufactured in leith.

He was going to win the Eurovision song contest that year but Hibs nobbled him on that one as well by telling all the judges that he was nowhere near as good a singer as he claimed to be.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
07-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Is that well known, and is that why he's so bitter about the Hibs? :dunno:

Yep , it was Danny Lennon that cabbaged him

Kato
07-03-2018, 06:04 PM

Lennon had a horror leg break in a reserve derby. Fat Robbo going right through the back of him.

07-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Probably true, I heard he was nailed on favourite to win the Olympic pole vault in Los Angeles 1984 but when it came right down to it he just couldn't get that pole oot his erse.

Two years later at his next big career event it was still there. A subsequent enquiry revealed that it was a pole manufactured in leith.

He was going to win the Eurovision song contest that year but Hibs nobbled him on that one as well by telling all the judges that he was nowhere near as good a singer as he claimed to be.

Wasn't that 1987 when Ireland won it and that's why they still sing their anti-catholic songs to this day.

lapsedhibee
07-03-2018, 06:31 PM
Probably true, I heard he was nailed on favourite to win the Olympic pole vault in Los Angeles 1984 but when it came right down to it he just couldn't get that pole oot his erse.

Complete myth about him expecting to win the Eurovision song contest. Came about because he was heard to shout "Loo!" and then after he'd lost a lot of liquid there "Water!", and muttering about singlehandedly winning a war, then in the way that these things get conflated and mixed up ...

Bostonhibby
07-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Complete myth about him expecting to win the Eurovision song contest. Came about because he was heard to shout "Loo!" and then after he'd lost a lot of liquid there "Water!", and muttering about singlehandedly winning a war, then in the way that these things get conflated and mixed up ...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Nearly had to explain to the wife why I burst out laughing

lyonhibs
07-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Complete myth about him expecting to win the Eurovision song contest. Came about because he was heard to shout "Loo!" and then after he'd lost a lot of liquid there "Water!", and muttering about singlehandedly winning a war, then in the way that these things get conflated and mixed up ...

😂🤣😂🤣

Joe6-2
07-03-2018, 07:18 PM

😂😂😂😂😂

hibby6270
07-03-2018, 08:04 PM

In Eurovision parlance it would surely be LooLoo he shouted.
Boom - Boom bang a bang.
I’m here all week!!:greengrin

Cabbage East
07-03-2018, 08:19 PM
What’s all the chat about him in the Albert Kidd game? Lots of ‘shat himself’ stuff but never heard the actual story.

Big_Franck
07-03-2018, 08:22 PM
What’s all the chat about him in the Albert Kidd game? Lots of ‘shat himself’ stuff but never heard the actual story.

He missed Hearts' last game of the season away at Dundee, the most important in his Hearts career, because he had a dodgy stomach. Shat himself on the biggest day of his whole career. Man's a complete bottler. No wonder he's bitter.

PatHead
07-03-2018, 09:18 PM

I heard that on his way to the final, he was on his way down in the lift and he heard his song on the speaker in the lift. He was really annoyed with Graeme Hogg as he had co-written it. They ended up fighting. It was described as an ecumenical matter and swept under the carpet at the time. The truth was revealed in an Irish documentary.

eastmainsmsh
07-03-2018, 09:27 PM
what a one two from G Harvey for SAK 2nd 😁

lord bunberry
07-03-2018, 11:48 PM
He missed Hearts' last game of the season away at Dundee, the most important in his Hearts career, because he had a dodgy stomach. Shat himself on the biggest day of his whole career. Man's a complete bottler. No wonder he's bitter.
:agree: Even his own team mates still can’t stand him for it. Medals Mackay has been forced to carry a framed Scotland shirt everywhere he goes in order to prove he was a football player. He openly criticised Levein after he’d stopped crying.

HibeeDave
08-03-2018, 05:38 AM

I thought it was Callum Milne who tackled him?

GoalsMcGinley
08-03-2018, 07:34 AM
F*** him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
08-03-2018, 01:00 PM
F*** him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catchy, but can't quite place the tune.

Can anyone assist? :greengrin

hibsbollah
08-03-2018, 01:14 PM

:top marks

In a little known 'back story' to the saga, Levein surprisingly met up with a certain Gary Lineker in the Leith's Central Bar VIP Lounge in 1988 and had a Blue WKD or two together. Levein owned up to what happened on that fateful day in May 1986 and there were a few tears spilt. Two years later Linekers England met the Republic of Ireland in Italia 90, and the infamous 'Lineker shat it' moment took place. Coincidence? or did he get the idea from jambo craigie as a device to distract the republic's notoriously 'excrement phobic' keeper Pat Bonner at corner kicks? You decide...

andybev1
08-03-2018, 01:42 PM
catchy, but can't quite place the tune.

Can anyone assist? :greengrin
:hyper:

Springbank
08-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Thanks to Joanne JK Rowling, at least we know why Harry Potter insisted that Connor Sammon was sold...

https://memegenerator.net/instance/36690709/angry-voldemort-not-sure-if-its-connor-sammon-or-voldemort

HFCdeb
08-03-2018, 04:04 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂