PDA

View Full Version : Things to think twice about - date with Loretta Bobbit & Miller’s Derby Tactics

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2018, 05:04 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-miller-talks-tactics-ahead-of-hibs-hearts-clash-1-4700728

Not In The Know
07-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Note that the first thing he says is on the defensive....

Hibbyradge
07-03-2018, 05:22 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-miller-talks-tactics-ahead-of-hibs-hearts-clash-1-4700728

The link isn't working.

Monts
07-03-2018, 06:19 PM
The link isn't working.

I'm_cabbaged
07-03-2018, 06:23 PM
That doesn’t change my opinion about him tbh

Kato
07-03-2018, 06:25 PM
The link isn't working.

Neither did Miller's derby tactics.

Smartie
07-03-2018, 06:30 PM
FFS.

I tell you what - I like Alex Miller. Overall he made a very big contribution to our club, guided us through some very difficult times and we had some good times together.

But he'll never learn, will he?

He was always petrified about what other teams would do, so focussed on it that he forgot how good some of the players were that he had at his disposal.

I don't think there are many people in World football that would think that the outcome of this game hinges on Hibs keeping Lafferty quiet. It goes without saying that I hope we do.

I'm not in the least bit surprised that Miller would highlight that first and foremost.

I suspect the outcome of this game will depend far more on how a probably under-strength Hearts manage to compete in a midfield battle with the likes of McGinn and Allan. How do they cope with the pace of Boyle? Will they manage to deal with the relatively unknown (to them) threat of Kamberi and McLaren? Will Ambrose keep his composure and put in one of his best performances or will he have "one of those".

We don't need to "keep Lafferty quiet". We need to stay switched on enough that he doesn't get onto a hoof and pinch something totally against the run of play, a la Wayne Foster.

We need to play our own game, dominate possession and create and if we do we will win.

I also think his last paragraph was utter nonsense. There were times earlier on under Miller that Hearts were stronger and had better players - there was a long time in the 22 in a row sequence when Hearts were utter Tom Kite, were struggling against relegation and didn't have players that were a patch on ours. They might have struggled even more if they couldn't rely on a decent derby record against a far superior team - mainly because Miller didn't have the first idea about how to win a derby with better players.

IGRIGI
07-03-2018, 06:36 PM
That article sums him up, we've got Allan, Mcginn, Boyle, Kamberi, and what does this cant talk about?

Stopping Lafferty.

Jog on son.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Has Lafferty even had a shot on target against us this season? He's a big pudding, not worried about him.

We should be focused on going to win this match, not stopping them, those days are long gone. They are hopeless going forward, the facts prove that.

SirDavidsNapper
07-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Miller shouldn't be seen in public around derby time. Utter embarrassment

Sammy7nil
07-03-2018, 07:01 PM
Miller shouldn't be seen in public around derby time. Utter embarrassment

His record is Terrible yet be had some great players who battered Hearts and for some reason did not win.

When Hibs had O'Neil Crunchy Wright and Jackson if you did not get in ER early you almost always missed a goal.

eastterrace
07-03-2018, 07:50 PM
His record is Terri me yet be had some great ea s who battered Hearts and for so e reason did not win.

When Hibs had O'Neil Crunchy Wright and Jackson if you did not get in ER early you missed a goal.

Worse derby record ever under mogadon Miller . He set up to stop them when he should have set us up to beat them. He use to have everyone back at a corner kick ( even mickey weir)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
07-03-2018, 08:20 PM
The link isn't working.

Sorry was on the iMoan and didn’t do the usual jiggery-pokery to get to working. Thank to the dude that fixed it.