Marciano

Ambrose McGregor(C) Hanlon Stevenson

Bartley

McGinn McGeouch

Allan

Boyle Kamberi

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Ambrose against laugherty. Three at the back. Boyle and Lewis wing backs as they have no width.

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 04:53 PM
The Rock

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Boyle Lewis

McGeouch

McGinn Allan

Kamberi McLaren

Sir David Gray
07-03-2018, 04:56 PM
I'd go:

Marciano

McGinn

Boyle Allan McGeouch

Kamberi Maclaren

Or:

Marciano

Bartley

McGinn McGeouch

Allan

Boyle Kamberi

Second one.

Bostonhibby
07-03-2018, 05:01 PM
I'd go:

Marciano

McGinn

Boyle Allan McGeouch

Kamberi Maclaren

Or:

Marciano

Bartley

McGinn McGeouch

Allan

Boyle Kamberi

Second one will do for me. Actually either would be good enough.

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2018, 05:05 PM
Marciano

Ambrose .. Mcgregor .. Hanlon

McGeouch

Boyle .. Allan .. McGinn .. Stevenson

McLaren .. Kamberi

I seriously don't think we need Bartley in this one ..... McGeouch knows how to tackle and he is far more effective as a link between the back 3 and midfield than Marvin. With that team on the park they will have far more to worry about from our attacking threat than we will have to worry about them winning the midfield battle without Bartley in there.

Having said that, I wont complain if Bartley does play .... the question is if he does who do we leave out? it would have to be one of the strikers, almost certainly McLaren.

chasitup
07-03-2018, 05:08 PM
I wouldn’t have Ambrose as a right back in a back 4, ever. I really don’t think that suits him at all.

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Marciano

McGeouch

McLaren .. Kamberi

I seriously don't think we need Bartley in this one ..... McGeouch knows how to tackle and he is far more effective as a link between the back 3 and midfield than Marvin. With that team on the park they will have far more to worry about from our attacking threat than we will have to worry about them winning the midfield battle without Bartley in there.

Having said that, I wont complain if Bartley does play .... the question is if he does who do we leave out? it would have to be one of the strikers, almost certainly McLaren.

You just copied my team mate :) Bartley not playing would be the one I would have doubts about big time though. It’s a great conundrum to have to be honest.

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 05:09 PM
I wouldn’t have Ambrose as a right back in a back 4, ever. I really don’t think that suits him at all.

Especially in a derby. Let him do his job at centre half. He’s the best we have by a little bit.

we are hibs
07-03-2018, 05:11 PM
It's a tough one because the back four pick themselves and McGinn, Allan and mcgeouch will almost certainly start. I'd like to see us go Maclaren and kamberi up top as I believe they link up well and would cause them all kind of problems. Only problem there is we have to pick between Bartley who usually excels in these games or Boyle who would be up against a makeshift left back. It's a tough decision.

Hibee Mac
07-03-2018, 05:12 PM
I'd leave Bartley out then introduce him at half time or something if we need a bit more steel in the middle of the park.

We've played some of the best football this season in the last few weeks without him in the team and we're at home where we just blew Aberdeen away, let's stick with the same team please.

Franck Stanton
07-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Ach ya bullies, I think we should only play with 7 players to give them a wee chance.

Hibee Mac
07-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Not sure why loads of people are changing to a back 4? What's wrong with the back 3 of late?

NAE NOOKIE
07-03-2018, 05:15 PM
You just copied my team mate :) Bartley not playing would be the one I would have doubts about big time though. It’s a great conundrum to have to be honest.

Ah never copied nuffin .... that's just the team I think we should put out.

If Barker was fit, which I presume he isn't, I would have a different team .. but that would make it even more difficult to decide who to leave out :confused:

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Not sure why loads of people are changing to a back 4? What's wrong with the back 3 of late?

Our last match? And Ambrose is our best centre half playing in the wrong position?

HibeeHibernian4
07-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Boyle Stevenson

McGeouch McGinn

Allan

Kamberi Maclaren

For the first derby since he arrived, I genuinely don't know how necessary Bartley is to this game.

Edit: This was supposed to end up in a fancy visual formation, but it hasn't. Just to be clear, 3 at the back, Boyle and Stevenson at wing backs, McGeouch and McGinn middle of the park with Allan as the number 10 and Kamberi and Maclaren up top.

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 05:17 PM

If Barker was fit, which I presume he isn't, I would have a different team .. but that would make it even more difficult to decide who to leave out :confused:

Kidding mate. Aye, even worse then. I’m now thinking play Bartley and let Allan tear them to bits leave out Boyle and a back 4 with our best defender at right back arrrrrgghh.

Elephant Stone
07-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Our last match? And Ambrose is our best centre half playing in the wrong position?

Their full backs aren't very good, we've don't really have much of a wide left threat so I'd prefer to see Boyle in an un-compromised attacking position on the right, not wing-back.

lord bunberry
07-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Bartley should start, he sets the tone in these games.

Hibee Mac
07-03-2018, 05:24 PM

What about our last match? It took a screamer and a nonsense penalty for them to draw with us on a dreadful pitch? I wouldn't blame the back 3 for that.

And doesn't your second point just agree with me that a back 3 is better suited to our players as Efe doesn't have to play as a right back then?

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Their full backs aren't very good, we've don't really have much of a wide left threat so I'd prefer to see Boyle in an un-compromised attacking position on the right, not wing-back.

Very true especially I’ve no idea who will play their left back. I just feel Effe would be better in a match like this in the middle of the park winning headers using pace and playing football. It’s a very tough call.

Scooter
07-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Keep it going. Same as dons and killie

Andy JR
07-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

McGeough

Boyle McGinn Stevenson

Allan

Kamberi Maclaren

Scooter
07-03-2018, 05:32 PM

Although a small feeling Whitaker might come in for Boyle in the wing back role

Ryan69
07-03-2018, 05:33 PM

Has Barker not been back training for about 2 weeks now?

Ozyhibby
07-03-2018, 05:49 PM

I seriously hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanksaidno
07-03-2018, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5335346]I seriously hope not.

I would play .....

Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Bartley
McGeogh

Boyle
Allan
McGinn
Stevenson

Flo

What a team !! ... Jambos would not get a touch of the ball

I'm_cabbaged
07-03-2018, 06:12 PM

Don’t say that ffs!

I'm_cabbaged
07-03-2018, 06:18 PM

Bartley should’ve been on at halftime in the Killie game

Steve20
07-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Team that beat Aberdeen.

We will win 3-0.

CorrieHibs
07-03-2018, 06:28 PM

As much as I love the big man. It's a no for me. We play him, we'll get sucked into a battle with them and we don't want a battle. Nice park at Easter Road so let's play football. Plus we don't need a purely defensive midfielder at home with a 3 centre backs (if we go with that).

Allan, mcginn and mcgeouch in midfield. Done a better Aberdeen side with that midfield.

hfc rd
07-03-2018, 06:45 PM
Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Bartley

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Allan

Kamberi

Tug Wilson
07-03-2018, 06:48 PM
My team would be:

Rocky in goal obviously.

A back 3 of Efe, Daz and Paul. If the Gunts play just Lafferty up front then he will get nothing out of that back 3.

I would play 2 up front so that we really stretch their back line. That would be McLaren and Flo.

Leaves 5 places to fill.

Width would come from wing backs. Boyle as a more attacking RWB and Lewis maybe more of a defensive LWB.

Scott Allan has to play behind the front 2.

That leaves McGinn, McGeough and Bartley to make up the last 2 midfield places. Personally I would get our best footballers on the pitch so big Marv drops out but can also see why you put him in with probably Dylan sitting on the bench.

Good problems to have.

GlesgaeHibby
Difficult one to call this. I'd be happy with the team that beat Aberdeen, but Bartley is made for these games. I can see Lennon perhaps switching to a diamond formation, with Bartley anchoring the midfield and Allan at tip of the diamond.

S4uzee
Has to be 3-5-2

07-03-2018, 06:51 PM
The Rock

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Boyle Lewis

McGeouch

McGinn Allan

Kamberi McLaren

Marciano

McGeouch

McLaren .. Kamberi

Bartley should’ve been on at halftime in the Killie game

I'd be happy with that but likewise, wouldn't be unhappy if Bartley were to start in place of McLaren.

Maybe Bartley to come on for McLaren if we manage to get 2 goals up.

Lennon's got several decent options and whatever line up/formation he puts out, it will be a good one. I've a feeling there will be a red card in this game and just hope it is for them. Can't see them winning unless we get someone sent off or they get a dodgy penalty decision in their favour. I am expecting them to be falling over looking for one plus lots of claims for handball.

B.H.F.C
07-03-2018, 07:07 PM
I think 10 of the team are pretty much guaranteed.

One place up for grabs would be between Bartley and McLaren. If Bartley plays we’ll play a diamond with Boyle up front. If Bartley doesn’t play it’ll be the same team that faced the sheep with 3 at the back.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2018, 07:26 PM

One place up for grabs would be between Bartley and McLaren. If Bartley plays we’ll play a diamond with Boyle up front. If Bartley doesn’t play it’ll be the same team that faced the sheep with 3 at the back.

I kind of agree with that. Presume Hanlon and Boyle are both fit?

HibeeHibernian4
07-03-2018, 07:29 PM
I kind of agree with that. Presume Hanlon and Boyle are both fit?

Hanlon missed the Killie game through his wife giving birth, rather than an injury. So as long as he's not missing through sleep deprivation, I think he's good to go. Pretty sure I read in the week that Boyle is back.

Mikey09
07-03-2018, 08:02 PM
Play 4-6-0 and win... Potter would self combust! :greengrin

Sammy7nil
07-03-2018, 08:22 PM
As much as I love the big man. It's a no for me. We play him, we'll get sucked into a battle with them and we don't want a battle. Nice park at Easter Road so let's play football. Plus we don't need a purely defensive midfielder at home with a 3 centre backs (if we go with that).

Allan, mcginn and mcgeouch in midfield. Done a better Aberdeen side with that midfield.

That same midfield got over run for 60 mins at Killie

pacoluna
07-03-2018, 08:39 PM
Bartley has to start.

Aldo
07-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Marciano Ambrose McGregor Hanlon McGeough Boyle McGinn Stevenson Allan Kamberi Maclaren

That's the team is start with.

Aldo
07-03-2018, 08:49 PM
I seriously hope not. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Boyle's pace on Friday will be vital.

Well didn't exploit the gaps in behind the wing backs so hopefully Boyle will

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Play 4-6-0 and win... Potter would self combust! :greengrin

😂😂😂 natural order indeed.

CorrieHibs
07-03-2018, 09:07 PM
That same midfield got over run for 60 mins at Killie

On a terrible surface. Mcgeouch didn't look comfortable at all. Plus it wasn't for 60 mins cause Allan came off in the 70th. First 30 mins we were dominate.

DTS
07-03-2018, 10:35 PM
The team picks itself for me.

Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Allan

Kamberi
MacLaren

3-5-2 is easily our best formation, that team also allows us to switch to a diamond in the middle with 4 at the back if 3-5-2 fails without making a sub.

southern hibby
07-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Can see Hearts playing with 5 in midfield like they did against Murderwell. Killie played 5 in midfield against us and over ran us on numerous occasions. What ever formation we play we need to push forward and keep them on the back foot.

Not sure why but can see us scoring at least three against them and they have got firepower up front to score against us. That said 2-0 or 3-0 Hibs with a red card thrown in for good measure.

GGTTH

Capt Mainwaring
07-03-2018, 11:09 PM

Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Allan

Kamberi
MacLaren

3-5-2 is easily our best formation, that team also allows us to switch to a diamond in the middle with 4 at the back if 3-5-2 fails without making a sub.

Yep - that’s the team for me 👍

Nicho87
07-03-2018, 11:15 PM
If it aint broke don't fix it. Bartley is a great player in these games. But we should focus on the attacking players we possess and win the game before we need Marv.

neil7908
07-03-2018, 11:19 PM

I agree. Hard to decide who to leave out but I'd drop McGeough. Not an easy call though. I

Sir David Gray
07-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Bartley's an ideal player for us in these games. He's been immense at times against them.

He must play if he's fit, for me.

Ozyhibby
08-03-2018, 01:17 AM
Bartley's an ideal player for us in these games. He's been immense at times against them.

He must play if he's fit, for me.

Bartley has been brilliant in previous derbies but the yams midfield right now is dreadful and I think we can afford to go with McGeogh, McGinn and Allan in this one.

lumbo_hfc
08-03-2018, 07:44 AM

Marciano

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Allan

Kamberi
MacLaren

Spot on, that will be the team, provided boyle is fit.

lumbo_hfc
08-03-2018, 07:46 AM
I agree. Hard to decide who to leave out but I'd drop McGeough. Not an easy call though. I

Haha, good one! If Bartley is in for anyone it will be MacLaren with us changing formation to a diamond and boyle going up top. Won’t happen then as he’s much more effective out wide

JimBHibees
08-03-2018, 07:49 AM
Bartley has been brilliant in previous derbies but the yams midfield right now is dreadful and I think we can afford to go with McGeogh, McGinn and Allan in this one.

Agree totally get on the front foot and go for it. Marv can come on when needed.

calumhibee1
08-03-2018, 08:43 AM

Agreed. I’d be tempted to bring Marv back in but that would mean probably having to go 4-3-3 with Allan on the left and Boyle on the right and I’ve quite liked the 3-5-2 we’ve been playing.

Borderhibbie76
08-03-2018, 08:57 AM
Although a small feeling Whitaker might come in for Boyle in the wing back roleHeaven forbid [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brightside
08-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Hearts have no midfield.....why are we worried about them? Lets just play footballers in there and pass them out the game. Stick with 352. Team picks itself. IF for some reason we are struggling in the middle then we can bring Bartley on and sacrifice a striker.

EH54
08-03-2018, 09:19 AM
@underscore (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?6854-underscore)

Bartley is the first on my team sheet when it comes to derby games however things have changed and I agree with you, Bartley is a great player in these occasions but They have nothing in midfield that makes me think taking out one of our creative midfielders would be worth it.

GreenCastle
08-03-2018, 09:25 AM
We have shown against Aberdeen and Rangers that this midfield is fantastic when it clicks - Bartley is one of my favourite players but think we should attack then if we need to protect or see the game our Bartley comes on fresh and bosses it.

Curious to see Adao against Allan.

The new Hearts signing has had a yellow card every game and supposedly is a red card waiting to happen.

IGRIGI
08-03-2018, 09:38 AM
When selecting the midfield we have to factor in neck muscle strength also for the amount of time they will be staring to the sky in search of the ball following hoof after hoof from Berra.

JimBHibees
08-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Hearts have no midfield.....why are we worried about them? Lets just play footballers in there and pass them out the game. Stick with 352. Team picks itself. IF for some reason we are struggling in the middle then we can bring Bartley on and sacrifice a striker.

Totally agree.

lord bunberry
08-03-2018, 09:46 AM

I disagree. The job Bartley does allows us to dominate the midfield in these games. Hearts will try and stop our midfielders playing with their usual fouling tactics, big Marv is in there to make sure it doesn’t work. If he doesn’t start in these games then I can see him leaving as he’s not always needed in other games.

SirDavidsNapper
08-03-2018, 09:54 AM
This will be an extremely tough game. Everyone know Leveins game plan will be to stifle us and press us all over the park. If we go behind it will be 11 men behind the ball. The first goal is vital as if they come out our midfield and movement upfront will rip them apart.

J-C
08-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Due to no right backs and Rherras not even being quoted, I'd go 3-4-1-2.

Rocky

Efe
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
McGeouch
McGinn
Stevenson

Allan

Maclaren
Kamberi

Forza Fred
08-03-2018, 10:27 AM
I think Oli Shaw might start in place of MacLaren in this one.

SirDavidsNapper
08-03-2018, 10:58 AM
I'd leave Bartley out then introduce him at half time or something if we need a bit more steel in the middle of the park.

We've played some of the best football this season in the last few weeks without him in the team and we're at home where we just blew Aberdeen away, let's stick with the same team please.

Yeah i agree. Bartley has been great in this fixture but i'd give it to HT

Allant1981
08-03-2018, 11:03 AM
marciano
ambrose
mcgregor
hanlon
stevenson
boyle
mcgeouch
mcginn
allan
kamberi
maclaren

Tyler Durden
08-03-2018, 12:28 PM

👏🏻 close thread

Lots of people seem to be finding different ways to basically say “Hanlon for Porteous”.

flash
08-03-2018, 01:13 PM
Just curious as to which derbies it was in recent times in which we "didn't need Bartley." He is exactly what we need as the midfield battle has to be won before any superior football takes over.
Two changes. Bartley and Hanlon in for McLaren and Porteous.

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2018, 01:33 PM
This will be an extremely tough game. Everyone know Leveins game plan will be to stifle us and press us all over the park. If we go behind it will be 11 men behind the ball. The first goal is vital as if they come out our midfield and movement upfront will rip them apart.

This is my big worry as well. If we can keep the game relatively open we have a great chance of winning it ... As you say, they will be looking to stifle us in attack from the off and it will be hard for us to prise them open. If heaven forbid they get lucky or somebody cocks up and they score first its going to be a long evening reminiscent of the Aberdeen game earlier in the season. To make this a game we simply have to score first.

BoomtownHibees
08-03-2018, 01:39 PM
352 is the way to go. It’s worked for us more often than not lately so no point in changing it. Also:
Keeps Efe central, where he has, in the main, been decent
Lets us play 2 actual strikers
Lets Boyle play out wide where he is much more effective
Allows us to play the best 3 midfielders in the country, if not the world

JimBHibees
08-03-2018, 01:49 PM
This is my big worry as well. If we can keep the game relatively open we have a great chance of winning it ... As you say, they will be looking to stifle us in attack from the off and it will be hard for us to prise them open. If heaven forbid they get lucky or somebody cocks up and they score first its going to be a long evening reminiscent of the Aberdeen game earlier in the season. To make this a game we simply have to score first.

If they score first we just redouble our efforts and fight back, we have been pretty good this season of getting back into games. Dont think we have to score first.