PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Talk Phone In - With Ewan Cameron, Billy, Darren & Stuart

HibsTalk
07-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Our 1st Phone-In is here! In it we discuss

News

Should Bartley play in Derby?

Europe

Hearts Point of View with Ewen Cameron

Lennon's influence

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5dZjsAIPZyqRJo9aK8ZNyh

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/hibs-talk/id1236445811?mt=2

www.hibstalk.libsyn.com

GMD
07-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Good show and I liked the phone in guests apart from the Hearts roaster who was trying hard for a reaction. Do you think he has inside info in Dylan though? He mentioned he works with Dylan's partner and then said no chance he is at ER next season. Genuine info or just at the wind up?
The Hibs guests were excellent, cheers for the show.

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Interesting opinions - Mcgregor’s been poor this season and maybe Porteous should start, McGinn’s never showed up in a derby, McLaren’s missing too many chances and how long do we give him.

Not sure I agree with any of that but thanks for taking the time to record it!

seanshow
07-03-2018, 11:59 AM

News

Europe

Lennon's influence

www.hibstalk.libsyn.com

Hey guys do you have the soundcloud link for the latest show.

Edit : .......its ok that last link works fine

HibsTalk
07-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Interesting opinions - Mcgregor’s been poor this season and maybe Porteous should start, McGinn’s never showed up in a derby, McLaren’s missing too many chances and how long do we give him.

Not sure I agree with any of that but thanks for taking the time to record it!Yeah don't know what Steven was on, McGregor, with the exception of injuries has been solid.

Can always come on a future phone in to get your opinion on [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2018, 03:22 PM
Yeah don't know what Steven was on, McGregor, with the exception of injuries has been solid.

Can always come on a future phone in to get your opinion on [emoji6]

How much do you pay? :greengrin

BlackSheep
08-03-2018, 12:44 AM
I work with Ewen too and Dylan’s mrs as well and he is an absolute spraffer, always talks rubbish... he is a typical Jambo!!

I’ve never asked Dylan’s girlfriend about what he is doing next year so no scoops from me but I doubt Ewen has asked her either!!

08-03-2018, 01:50 AM
Good show and I liked the phone in guests apart from the Hearts roaster who was trying hard for a reaction. Do you think he has inside info in Dylan though? He mentioned he works with Dylan's partner and then said no chance he is at ER next season. Genuine info or just at the wind up?
The Hibs guests were excellent, cheers for the show.

I work with Ewen too and Dylan’s mrs as well and he is an absolute spraffer, always talks rubbish... he is a typical Jambo!!

I’ve never asked Dylan’s girlfriend about what he is doing next year so no scoops from me but I doubt Ewen has asked her either!!

Haven't listened to the podcast yet but that's what I thought too (after reading GMD's post but before I'd read yours) based on what little I've heard him on the radio. He's got a 50/50 chance of guessing correctly just like I have when I say he made it up in his tiny little mind.

JimBHibees
08-03-2018, 06:13 AM

Not sure I agree with any of that but thanks for taking the time to record it!

Just wow.

Danderhall Hibs
08-03-2018, 06:49 AM
Just wow.

:agree: there’s one guy on there that has mental opinions at times - earlier in the season Ambrose only got a game cos he was Lennon’s mate.

Benjeloon
08-03-2018, 07:19 AM
I have to say that when Ewen isn't at the wind up he's quite good for an honest opinion from the other side. Was an interesting addition to the podcast and the 'wee fannies' certainly did well to take it all in good humour and not rise to the bait.

Mind you, that's easy when we know they're talking pish because we're the team on top! 😁

Cabbage East
08-03-2018, 08:00 AM
I have to say that when Ewen isn't at the wind up he's quite good for an honest opinion from the other side. Was an interesting addition to the podcast and the 'wee fannies' certainly did well to take it all in good humour and not rise to the bait.

Mind you, that's easy when we know they're talking pish because we're the team on top! 😁

The fact that he is constantly 'at the wind up' says it all. Imagine spending huge chunks of your life trying to wind people up to get attention.

Robinho08
08-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Listening to it just now, Ewen Cameron is a fanny but good banter. :greengrin Disagree about Lennon going, think that's wishful thinking.

Kato
08-03-2018, 09:16 AM
The fact that he is constantly 'at the wind up' says it all. Imagine spending huge chunks of your life trying to wind people up to get attention.

It's called "modern journalism" although it's been around for years, is completely tiresome and already worn out. If that's the tone of this show include me out.

BlackSheep
08-03-2018, 02:02 PM
https://twitter.com/ewendcameron/status/929464024357658625?s=21

Whenever I think Ewen and the rubbish he spraffs I watch this and it always cheers me up, worth a watch.... wait for it at the end.

😂😂😂

renato
08-03-2018, 02:41 PM
He’s pretty harmless (Cameron) but what’s with the constant reference to big team, wee team, back in your box etc, etc? It’s so hertz, so wounded cringe...

Yes they have a better derby record but that clearly (not entirely) has been influenced by their spending relative to ours, certainly in my lifetime. WTF has that got to do with “size of club”, anyway?

They’ve won 4 leagues, 4 league cups and 8 Scottish cups in their history. Hibs have won 4 leagues, 3 league cups and 3 Scottish cups. Both are pretty paltry hauls given the size of the clubs, in Scottish terms, especially given the relatively smaller financial gap between the OF and the edinburgh clubs, prior to the last 30 or so years. It’s like 2 bald men (one with a massive chip on his shoulder :greengrin) fighting over a comb.

We’ve got a more impressive record in Europe and had the bigger attendance record however I’d bet there’s very little between the average attendances over our respective histories. Our stadiums are roughly the same size these days and the record attendances they’ve had recently and we’re currently having are relatively close.

But aye, big team, natural order and all that. Pathetic.

California-Hibs
08-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Was pretty disappointed you let him rip the pish with the big team nonsense. Not one mention of them bumping charities, not being on a level playing field financially when they racked up so many wins, being the biggest team in Edinburgh yet with a smaller stadium, us having the biggest attendance at Tynecastle (semi vs St Johnstone) in the recent era.

Etc etc

Missed opportunity lads 👎🏻

Barman Stanton
08-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Not convinced a Hearts phone in would have a Hibee on it ripping into them. Sometimes I think we are too nice to them.

oneone73
08-03-2018, 04:27 PM
Not convinced a Hearts phone in would have a Hibee on it ripping into them. Sometimes I think we are too nice to them.

Agree 100 per cent.

Sauzee16
08-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Cameron is one dick on that to be honest.

Kato
08-03-2018, 04:36 PM
He’s pretty harmless (Cameron) but what’s with the constant reference to big team, wee team, back in your box etc, etc? It’s so hertz, so wounded cringe...

Really? Tiresome twat.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-03-2018, 04:43 PM

Care in the community is a wonderful thing!

Can you imagine Grant Stott on a hearts fans pod cast phone in (just thinking a like for like broadcaster supporter). He'd get nothing but wee team and 5-1 chat. Just leave them to have their fun and eventually they'll put their wet with drool fingers in the wall socket

08-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Can't stand Ewan Cameron. Unfunny, smug hearts prick of the highest order.

Barman Stanton
08-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Care in the community is a wonderful thing!

Can you imagine Grant Stott on a hearts fans pod cast phone in (just thinking a like for like broadcaster supporter). He'd get nothing but wee team and 5-1 chat. Just leave them to have their fun and eventually they'll put their wet with drool fingers in the wall socket

Funny enough, Grant Stott was exactly who I was thinking of. No way he would be invited onto a Hearts phone in before the derby. But having someone on calling us the wee team and all that. I don't get it personally. Yeah it's banter, but on a Hibs fans phone in!?

Hibee Mac
08-03-2018, 05:10 PM
Why did you get that roaster on the show?

SirDavidsNapper
08-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Funny enough, Grant Stott was exactly who I was thinking of. No way he would be invited onto a Hearts phone in before the derby. But having someone on calling us the wee team and all that. I don't get it personally. Yeah it's banter, but on a Hibs fans phone in!?

Talking of wee team. A Hearts "mate" of mine called us that today. When i remided him we had a bigger stadium, bigger crowds, way ahead in the league and lost 1 derby in 10 he didn't know what to say. Made me chuckle

Hibernian Verse
08-03-2018, 06:56 PM
What's the song at the end? Is it Nina Nisbett?

O'Rourke3
08-03-2018, 07:10 PM

I’ve never asked Dylan’s girlfriend about what he is doing next year so no scoops from me but I doubt Ewen has asked her either!!I've a jambo mate who knew Ewan when they both worked/lived in Abu Dhabi. Sean lent him his VHS copy of the 98 Cup final. His mum had taped the whole thing on sportscene and mailed it out. It was all he had of the day. Lent it to EC and never saw it again. I used to email and call into the Real Football phone in to ask for Sean's tape back. If you see him - please ask [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
08-03-2018, 08:13 PM
I've a jambo mate who knew Ewan when they both worked/lived in Abu Dhabi. Sean lent him his VHS copy of the 98 Cup final. His mum had taped the whole thing on sportscene and mailed it out. It was all he had of the day. Lent it to EC and never saw it again. I used to email and call into the Real Football phone in to ask for Sean's tape back. If you see him - please ask [emoji23][emoji23]

Ha! I see him everyday when im at work so I will mention it!! In currently recovering from knee surgery so not been at work for a few weeks, but I’ll see if I remember when I’m back 😂

O'Rourke3
08-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Ha! I see him everyday when im at work so I will mention it!! In currently recovering from knee surgery so not been at work for a few weeks, but I’ll see if I remember when I’m back [emoji23]Brilliant

08-03-2018, 08:47 PM
I've a jambo mate who knew Ewan when they both worked/lived in Abu Dhabi. Sean lent him his VHS copy of the 98 Cup final. His mum had taped the whole thing on sportscene and mailed it out. It was all he had of the day. Lent it to EC and never saw it again. I used to email and call into the Real Football phone in to ask for Sean's tape back. If you see him - please ask [emoji23][emoji23]

So his team are poppy thieves and he's a VHS copy thief.

You could tweet him and ask about it. #thievingjambobassa

https://twitter.com/EwenDCameron?s=09

California-Hibs
09-03-2018, 03:51 AM

This. Couldn’t believe how quiet they were!

California-Hibs
09-03-2018, 03:54 AM
Talking of wee team. A Hearts "mate" of mine called us that today. When i remided him we had a bigger stadium, bigger crowds, way ahead in the league and lost 1 derby in 10 he didn't know what to say. Made me chuckle

Exactly the kinds of things that should of been battered home to Euan, especially when he invitingly said have a pop. It’s like some Hibees don’t know how to give it them tight and what all entails a big team/wee team

neil7908
09-03-2018, 07:13 AM
I've enjoyed the podcast but have to agree with others on here that Ewan isnt really who I want to listen to on something called 'Hibs Talk'!

I get that with the derby coming up a voice from the other side made sense and I have plenty of Hearts mates where we'll take the mick out of each other but I don't think that really worked.

I'll keep giving you guys a shot as like I said I've enjoyed it so far but I'm certainly not desperate to hear him again.

California-Hibs
09-03-2018, 07:34 AM
I've enjoyed the podcast but have to agree with others on here that Ewan isnt really who I want to listen to on something called 'Hibs Talk'!

I get that with the derby coming up a voice from the other side made sense and I have plenty of Hearts mates where we'll take the mick out of each other but I don't think that really worked.

I'll keep giving you guys a shot as like I said I've enjoyed it so far but I'm certainly not desperate to hear him again.

I didn’t mind having him on, it’s just the lack of shots fired back that was poor. I enjoyed the phone in factor and the few Hibs lads they had on.

Anyway, DERBY DAY guys c’mooooooon!

Carheenlea
09-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Hadn’t heard of Ewan Cameron before, and I’m in no rush to hear from him again - total bell end.

Frazerbob
10-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Please don’t let Mr Cameron off so lightly this week lads. Go to town on the ‘big fanny’.

California-Hibs
10-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Please don’t let Mr Cameron off so lightly this week lads. Go to town on the ‘big fanny’.

This. Get him absolutely rimmed! Tell him to live in the present and that it’s 1 win in 11, 1 win in 4 years and not set to change!

O'Rourke3
10-03-2018, 09:13 PM
Hadn’t heard of Ewan Cameron before, and I’m in no rush to hear from him again - total bell end.You may have seem him though. He was the STV reporter a tired and emotional Boyler told to f*** off on camera outside ER after the cup win.

green day
12-03-2018, 11:36 AM

I like this podcast, by hibs fans, for hibs fans.

You are not wrong about Cameron, however to be fair to him, he took to twitter post match to say they had been well humped.

Whatever, its got to be better than that Talking Baws pish - I listened to their "pre derbies" podcast and it was - predictably - crap with little or no knowledge of the Edinburgh Derby at all - one of the radges actually said that both teams were quite evenly matched and form was similar going into the match !!

The Terrace is a decent podcast for wider Scottish Football coverage, without the glasgow centric crap that Talking Baws descends to.

Oscar T Grouch
12-03-2018, 12:31 PM
I like this podcast, by hibs fans, for hibs fans.

You are not wrong about Cameron, however to be fair to him, he took to twitter post match to say they had been well humped.

Whatever, its got to be better than that Talking Baws pish - I listened to their "pre derbies" podcast and it was - predictably - crap with little or no knowledge of the Edinburgh Derby at all - one of the radges actually said that both teams were quite evenly matched and form was similar going into the match !!

The Terrace is a decent podcast for wider Scottish Football coverage, without the glasgow centric crap that Talking Baws descends to.

This is an easy thing to look up and get right. Looking at the form table after the game, Hibs are 2nd top (13 pnts) just behind Killie with 14, hearts 2nd bottom (5pnts), beaten by Ross County with 4. Even going with the form before the game there was a huge gap. Maybe they looked at the development table where our form is similar but Hibs are also 12 points in front of the gorgie gimps in that league too!!

Kato
12-03-2018, 12:33 PM

He took to twitter to say HE was right and that his prediction was right. All about him.

chrisski33
12-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Why on earth is Ewan twat cameron on something about Hibs? Hes a jambo idiot

12-03-2018, 05:18 PM

News

Europe

Lennon's influence

www.hibstalk.libsyn.com

Ewen Cameron is a f*nny (to use his favourite word) and if he is on again this week you can guarantee his bit will be almost identical to the last time with the added "bonus" of him bragging that he was right about the game on Friday. You'd be better off without him coming on again, or at the very least cut him short. He will have nothing of interest to say.

If he is on, please ask him if he thinks it is coincidence that post-administration we now have the upper hand in the derby as they no longer have other people's money to spend.

Stokesy's on fire
12-03-2018, 06:21 PM
Ewan Cameron strikes me as a "Levein"

WoreTheGreen
12-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Shiny shoes?