View Full Version : Managers spats

Billy Whizz
06-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Don’t you just love them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43303804

Be an interesting replay next week

ekhibee
06-03-2018, 06:53 PM
First of all, IMO it was a penalty, Logan did have his hand on Jones' back so it's a clear penalty. I do think this was something that could have been dealt with by a phone call rather than going public, and that applies to both managers. I think Clarke is a good manager and has made Killie into a decent team, but as far as I'm concerned he was talking as much ***** as what he's accusing McInnes of when he said they 'dominated' the whole game against us just over a week ago. Never heard a peep out of him when Motherwell didn't get 2 stonewall penalties against them a couple of weeks ago. Jones is a good young player, really fast, but against us he dived at least twice, so I don't know if McInnes has seen Jones diving before and been influenced by it.

But at the end of the day this could have been dealt with between the 2 managers instead of involving the media.

IGRIGI
06-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Handbags at ten.

Billy Whizz
06-03-2018, 07:02 PM
Very few seem keen on taking on our Neil

tamig
06-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Clarke’s becoming a bit of an irritant. I don’t think I’ve heard him give the opposition any credit at all since he came here.

Sammy7nil
06-03-2018, 07:40 PM
First of all, IMO it was a penalty, Logan did have his hand on Jones' back so it's a clear penalty. I do think this was something that could have been dealt with by a phone call rather than going public, and that applies to both managers. I think Clarke is a good manager and has made Killie into a decent team, but as far as I'm concerned he was talking as much ***** as what he's accusing McInnes of when he said they 'dominated' the whole game against us just over a week ago. Never heard a peep out of him when Motherwell didn't get 2 stonewall penalties against them a couple of weeks ago. Jones is a good young player, really fast, but against us he dived at least twice, so I don't know if McInnes has seen Jones diving before and been influenced by it.

But at the end of the day this could have been dealt with between the 2 managers instead of involving the media.

IMO it is not clear and certainly no stonewaller. One you want for your team but not against you.

Hibstrooper
06-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Clarke’s becoming a bit of an irritant. I don’t think I’ve heard him give the opposition any credit at all since he came here.

Total overreaction by Clarke here

YanYansen
06-03-2018, 08:59 PM

Agreed. However, it seems to be working!