PDA

View Full Version : Best Home Grown Team

Clarence
06-03-2018, 06:18 AM
Assembling a team of players who all came through the youth set up. It strikes me that we have not produced a decent keeper, at least in the last 30-40 year’s. My era begins in the late eighties.

Chris Reid
Steven Whitaker
Lewis Stevenson
Paul Hanlon
Gordon Hunter
Mickey Weir
Scott Brown
Kevin Thomson
John Collins
Derek Riordan
Garry O’Connor

Ray_
06-03-2018, 06:23 AM
Assembling a team of players who all came through the youth set up. It strikes me that we have not produced a decent keeper, at least in the last 30-40 year’s. My era begins in the late eighties.

Chris Reid
[Thomson Allan] On the basis he won two caps and was back up to David Harvey in the 1974 world cup [he did tait it by signing for them at the tail end of his career] :greengrin Also won a league cup medal for Dundee in 74.
Steven Whitaker
Lewis Stevenson
Paul Hanlon
Gordon Hunter
Mickey Weir
Scott Brown
Kevin Thomson
John Collins
Derek Riordan
Garry O’Connor.

But if we add Thomson Allan we need to add Brownlie, Blackley, Stanton, Cropley, O'Rourke, Cormack, Marinello, Stein & the Baker Boy and then you get into famous five territory.

Allant1981
06-03-2018, 06:30 AM
i would have fletcher in front of GOC

Allant1981
06-03-2018, 06:32 AM

But if we add Thomson Allan we need to add Brownlie, Blackley, Stanton, Cropley, O'Rourke, Cormack, Marinello, Stein & the Baker Boy and then you get into famous five territory.

not all the famous 5 started at hibs though?

Ozyhibby
06-03-2018, 06:42 AM

Chris Reid
Steven Whitaker
Lewis Stevenson
Paul Hanlon
Gordon Hunter
Mickey Weir
Scott Brown
Kevin Thomson
John Collins
Derek Riordan
Garry O’Connor

No Kenny Miller or Steven Fletcher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheat Hound
06-03-2018, 07:10 AM
Kevin Dabrowski could be that 'home grown' keeper if you accept that having played in our development team for a few seasons makes him eligible for this description.

Clarence
06-03-2018, 07:20 AM
No Kenny Miller or Steven Fletcher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Deek and GoC contributed more to hibs but your two undoubtedly have the better careers.

Allant1981
06-03-2018, 09:00 AM
I think Deek and GoC contributed more to hibs but your two undoubtedly have the better careers.

might be wrong but im sure fletcher and o'connor had similar goal ratio at hibs

SouthMoroccoStu
06-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Andy McNeil over Chris Reid in Goals

Or does he not count as we brought him through Southampton (at age 19) with zero first team appearances

SirDavidsNapper
06-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Did David Grof come through the youth system?