PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in financial trouble

SirDavidsNapper
05-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Sorry if already covered but i noticed during a very comical lunch break a thread on Clutchingatstrawsback claiming Hibs were in financial trouble as season tickets for next season are already on sale. Have we not done this for a few seasons now? They must really be hurting.

Geo_1875
05-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Sorry if already covered but i noticed during a very comical lunch break a thread on Clutchingatstrawsback claiming Hibs were in financial trouble as season tickets for next season are already on sale. Have we not done this for a few seasons now? They must really be hurting.

Did you check the date on that thread? It could be from last year, the year before that or the year before that, ad infinitum.

MyJo
05-03-2018, 02:20 PM
The 11 month payment plan runs April to February.

Season ticket launch is always in March for Early Bird renewal and payment plan applications.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Our financial situation is a matter of public record. We do our business compliantly and always publish our accounts.

You can see why followers of a club that went into administration days after declaring themselves self sufficient might struggle to interpret the position.

We are in control of our finances and trading within our means. Assets exceed liabilities

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

bod
05-03-2018, 02:22 PM
when I was wee I used to get my season ticket for my birthday in June . Seems they're on sale earlier every year

Springbank
05-03-2018, 02:24 PM
You could make an argument that the thread title should more accurately read:

Hibs in financial trouble? [NHC]

Albanian Hibs
05-03-2018, 02:25 PM
when I was wee I used to get my season ticket for my birthday in June . Seems they're on sale earlier every year

Maybe that's when you got yours but season tickets have been released earlier in the year for years now.

The Harp
05-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Maybe we should seek some financial advice from the Yams on how to bump creditors, rob charities and fleece the fans.
They really are a deluded bunch.

SirDavidsNapper
05-03-2018, 02:48 PM
You could make an argument that the thread title should more accurately read:

Hibs in financial trouble? [NHC]

Very true

MB62
05-03-2018, 03:04 PM

No they're not. Obviously been a while since you bought a S.T. for Easter Road?

My_Wife_Camille
05-03-2018, 03:04 PM

I decided to see when season tickets have been released in the past instead of working and got this far before getting bored

2010/11 - 5th March
2011/12 - 24th February
2012/13 - 6th March
2013/14 - 1st March
2014/15 - 28th February
2015/16 - 9th March
2016/17 - 15th March
2017/18 - 28th February
2018/19 - 27th February

Fairly consistent over the last 9 years at least.

ToffeeCabbage
05-03-2018, 03:09 PM
The desperation in that thread is a joy to read! They really are suffering at the moment [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
05-03-2018, 03:16 PM
The concept of being solvent and (relatively) successful is alien to them. They's just confused.

The_Horde
05-03-2018, 03:17 PM
Clinging to anything to make them feel better eh.

Kato
05-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Bet they wish they'd taken up selling pegs years ago.

Arch Stanton
Maybe we should seek some financial advice from the Yams on how to bump creditors, rob charities and fleece the fans.
They really are a deluded bunch.

Could also learn how not to do things of course.

Do seats exist - check
Do seats have unrestricted view - check
Have adults room to sit comfortably on them - check
Are our chip fryers up and running - check
Is everything all shipshape and rustproof - check
Have we scammed fans by bumping up the prices of better seats - OOPS

IGRIGI
They don't understand the logistics in managing demand in a 20k+ capacity stadium.

StevieCowan
05-03-2018, 05:43 PM
I decided to see when season tickets have been released in the past instead of working and got this far before getting bored

2010/11 - 5th March
2011/12 - 24th February
2012/13 - 6th March
2013/14 - 1st March
2014/15 - 28th February
2015/16 - 9th March
2016/17 - 15th March
2017/18 - 28th February
2018/19 - 27th February

Fairly consistent over the last 9 years at least.

So we've been "tick tocking" for the best part of 9 years, over that time we've built a new stand and reduced the debt to one very manageable interest free payment each month? :aok:

brianmc
05-03-2018, 06:15 PM
So we've been "tick tocking" for the best part of 9 years, over that time we've built a new stand and reduced the debt to one very manageable interest free payment each month? :aok:

Whilst winning the Cup and doubling our average attendance.
The horror!! 🤣

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2018, 06:19 PM
The Jambos got into all sorts of bother when they ignored our warnings ... I think we would be stupid to just ignore theirs.

We robbed the banks of millions. We pay STF £40,000 a month rent on Easter Road and East Mains which he owns. The share issue is a Ponzi scheme with the money going directly into STF's pocket. The early season ticket campaign is a desperate throw of the dice to cover up a catastrophic cash flow problem. We have budgeted for last 4 finishes in both cups and them knocking us out has crippled our finances.

Its time Hibs told us the truth and until they do I for one wont be renewing !!!:grr:

Gerard
05-03-2018, 06:23 PM
The Jambos got into all sorts of bother when they ignored our warnings ... I think we would be stupid to just ignore theirs.

We robbed the banks of millions. We pay STF £40,000 a month rent on Easter Road and East Mains which he owns. The share issue is a Ponzi scheme with the money going directly into STF's pocket. The early season ticket campaign is a desperate throw of the dice to cover up a catastrophic cash flow problem. We have budgeted for last 4 finishes in both cups and them knocking us out has crippled our finances.

Its time Hibs told us the truth and until they do I for one wont be renewing !!!:grr:

The Big Debt team has a very unhealthy concern for our finances.Perhaps they should be concerned more about their finances.

cocopops1875
05-03-2018, 06:32 PM

You missed out the “53%” share of SJMs sale we have to give St Mirren

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2018, 06:39 PM

So I did .... I forgot it was as much as that, more bloody information swept under the carpet by the Farmer / Petrie conspiracy :no way:

cocopops1875
05-03-2018, 06:45 PM
So I did .... I forgot it was as much as that, more bloody information swept under the carpet by the Farmer / Petrie conspiracy :no way:

We’ve been lied to all along 😂

Kato
05-03-2018, 06:51 PM

63%? Didn't know it was as much as that. Petrie's got a poor deal there if we have to pay St Mirren 83%.

Ray_
05-03-2018, 06:54 PM

Could have been a while when since he was wee!

cocopops1875
05-03-2018, 06:58 PM
63%? Didn't know it was as much as that. Petrie's got a poor deal there if we have to pay St Mirren 83%.

Don’t forget SJMs 10%

Eyrie
05-03-2018, 07:00 PM

Don’t forget SJMs 10%

So by Yamathematics we'll have to pay out 117% of the McGinn fee to his former club and himself. And then Farmer and Petrie take a cut as well.

cocopops1875
05-03-2018, 07:04 PM
So by Yamathematics we'll have to pay out 117% of the McGinn fee to his former club and himself. And then Farmer and Petrie take a cut as well.

Aye it’s gonna cost us £3million to sell SJM but we are just gonna owe it to ourselves I think

Famous Fiver
05-03-2018, 07:07 PM
And we could get Malaury Martin for a snip when his contract runs out to replace John McGinn.

Oh ma sides.........

WhileTheChief..
05-03-2018, 07:41 PM
Which of you lot get the free tickets that we give away each game. Thousands of them going somewhere but I’ve never been offered?!

And folk buying concession ones they’re not entitled to. Thousands of those as well apparently. Own up.

lord bunberry
05-03-2018, 07:44 PM
He did say that it was when he was wee. Years ago season tickets didn’t go on sale as early as they do now.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Which of you lot get the free tickets that we give away each game. Thousands of them going somewhere but I’ve never been offered?!

And folk buying concession ones they’re not entitled to. Thousands of those as well apparently. Own up.

Good point, this is the problem with having a bigger stadium to fill than the maroon balloons.

Forget our long standing Ponzi schemes - this free ticket thing is the real scandal that our astute neighbours have sniffed out the same way the sussed out Romanov. No wonder we can't keep up with them.

EH6 Hibby
05-03-2018, 07:59 PM

They’re probably getting confused by the Leith Links tickets.

Hearts fans don’t understand charity.

Jamesie
05-03-2018, 08:08 PM
The 11 month payment plan runs April to February.

It might start in March this year for those who have renewed already though - the documentation I e-signed last week indicated the first payment would be taken within 30 days.

Ozyhibby
05-03-2018, 08:11 PM

Always my favourite. Rod Petrie just gives away free tickets. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
05-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Always my favourite. Rod Petrie just gives away free tickets. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They clearly know Rod better than we do

He was visited by 3 spirits and he tried to charge them rent

Keith_M
05-03-2018, 08:25 PM
Desperate and sad.

SuperAllyMcleod
05-03-2018, 08:33 PM
The Big Debt team has a very unhealthy concern for our finances.Perhaps they should be concerned more about their finances.

That did make me laugh out loud - remind me, how many pages did our Jambo Admin thread run to again?

Of course, their current obsession is down to the thing they do best - deflection and whataboutery.

Famous Fiver
05-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Pub allegedly charging the sodgers who were keeping the roads clear 50p to use the toilets.

Why didn't our Gorgie chums think of that?

Someone might help with the maths, 400,000 x 50p = £200,000?

Opportunity missed by the charity thieves.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Pub allegedly charging the sodgers who were keeping the roads clear 50p to use the toilets.

Why didn't our Gorgie chums think of that?

Someone might help with the maths, 400,000 x 50p = £200,000?

Opportunity missed by the charity thieves.

They haven't got enough toilets, they've got an escalator though.

Forza Fred
05-03-2018, 09:05 PM
We’d better get started baking those cakes, just in case.........

snooky
05-03-2018, 09:08 PM
We’d better get started baking those cakes, just in case.........

I can make some jam tarts if you like.

I'll can steal the ingredients from my local store. :whistle:

Lancs Harp
05-03-2018, 09:11 PM

Hibs also pay my accommodation and train fares when I come up. :thumbsup::wink:

jacomo
05-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Why did the Hertz players not have any shirt sponsor yesterday?

I’d be more worried about that if I were them.

hibby6270
05-03-2018, 09:26 PM

When you think about it, Season Tickets are always on sale in June - every year - afaik!! :wink::wink:

Hibbyradge
05-03-2018, 09:29 PM

I knew they did that, but I've never bothered to claim.

I'll start doing so this week.

matty_f
05-03-2018, 09:30 PM
That's quite cute that they're worried about our finances. Bless them.

I suppose with their season over already, they need something to keep them interested.

hibby6270
05-03-2018, 09:33 PM
The concept of being solvent and (relatively) successful is alien to them. They's just confused.

You’re right PB.
It makes me laugh when they equate us making a loss as meaning we have no money in the bank.

Complete and utter Yamaccountonomics. :rolleyes:

HoboHarry
06-03-2018, 02:28 AM

Would they pay my travel expenses to attend a game? 😀

Deansy
06-03-2018, 03:47 AM

Ah - Clutchingatstrawsback - the Jambos 'Virtual Wishing-well' - they believe that all they have to do is imagine for nasty-things to happen to us, post it to Clutchingatstrawsback and it'll come true !. But it's only open to 'Special' Jambos - and would you believe it, Clutchingatstrawsback has a 100% membership of 'Special' Jambos !

AltheHibby
06-03-2018, 08:47 AM
All us cynical peg selling junkies need to learn from our betters: a film funded by cake bakes has just won an Oscar.

The famous have led the way again. 😝

Bostonhibby
06-03-2018, 09:07 AM
All us cynical peg selling junkies need to learn from our betters: a film funded by cake bakes has just won an Oscar.

The famous have led the way again. ��

It was them that perceived, wrote and directed the film but they were far too modest to claim any credit.

It was a real shock to see them miss out in the best attempt at a football stand redevelopment and view of Edinburgh Castle category where they never even got a nomination.

AltheHibby
06-03-2018, 09:21 AM
It was them that perceived, wrote and directed the film but they were far too modest to claim any credit.

It was a real shock to see them miss out in the best attempt at a football stand redevelopment and view of Edinburgh Castle category where they never even got a nomination.

😂

06-03-2018, 10:37 AM
Their annual "hibs are in financial crisis, mark my words, administration is only a matter of time etc etc etc" thread is comical. Reeks of desperation.

When it comes to finances we really aren't the club they should be concerning themselves over . . .

FilipinoHibs
06-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Their annual "hibs are in financial crisis, mark my words, administration is only a matter of time etc etc etc" thread is comical. Reeks of desperation.

When it comes to finances we really aren't the club they should be concerning themselves over . . .

close the thread now. it has had enough attention.

Borderhibbie76
06-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Whilst winning the Cup and doubling our average attendance.
The horror!! 🤣Desperate times indeed...u can see why they think we are toiling financially?? Deluded f#ds

Borderhibbie76
06-03-2018, 01:22 PM

And folk buying concession ones they’re not entitled to. Thousands of those as well apparently. Own up.That made me laugh...own up whose getting the 5k free tickets every week 🤣🤣🤣

bigwheel
06-03-2018, 01:26 PM
That made me laugh...own up whose getting the 5k free tickets every week 🤣🤣🤣

The sad part about that is they have likely turned the incredible community spirited effort for "kick for kids" into a "they give away loads of tickets every week"... how small minded...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
06-03-2018, 01:31 PM
The sad part about that is they have likely turned the incredible community spirited effort for "kick for kids" into a "they give away loads of tickets every week"... how small minded...

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkYup sums up their pretty sad outlook on life mate - good point [emoji106]

Bostonhibby
06-03-2018, 01:42 PM
That made me laugh...own up whose getting the 5k free tickets every week 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkJeez we couldn't even buy 5 together for the motherwell game and now I find out Petries given them all away to a load of glory hunters. No wonder we've no money

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
06-03-2018, 01:48 PM
I believe the cause of our financial difficulties is because our safe is too small to store all the cash in. Having no access to a Queen Annesque biscuit tin under the bed this is a worry.

Oscar T Grouch
06-03-2018, 02:21 PM
I believe the cause of our financial difficulties is because our safe is too small to store all the cash in. Having no access to a Queen Annesque biscuit tin under the bed this is a worry.

She uses a big plastic coo mate, no a biscuit tin 😉

Keith_M
06-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TBF, they don't really get the concept of giving to charitable causes.

To them it means extra money to pay the players wages if they're a bit short that month.

Maybe they should have a word with Celtc who, according to some of their fans, are the club that invented the concept of giving money to good causes and are probably the only ones that ever actually do it. ;-)

FranckSuzy
06-03-2018, 03:57 PM

That'll be me. They come in very handy when you need extra client reference numbers for tickets for our many trips to Hampden :agree: