PDA

View Full Version : Yams - Rebuilding in the Summer

hibbyfraelibby
05-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Over on the Comedy Gold Channel, sorry Brokeback, they have started a new thread called "Re-building in the summer" and I thought to myself that explains why they have stopped work on the newish Rustbowl Arena Library Extension, it's needing torn down so the new architects can start again as they cannot solve the serious design problems Clydesdale gifted them...then I realised they were talking about the team😁

Jack Hackett
05-03-2018, 08:45 AM
It's become a traditional mantra. Rebuild in the summer... Apply panic sticking plasters in January

Baader
05-03-2018, 08:50 AM
They should be rebuilding that $h#tty stand of theirs.

Col2
05-03-2018, 09:16 AM
They need to build a nursery by June. That is the priority. The squad and the stand are lower priorities.

jacomo
05-03-2018, 09:20 AM
They should be rebuilding that $h#tty stand of theirs.

Which one?

Bostonhibby
05-03-2018, 09:28 AM
Rebuilding in the summer could well amount to the good doctors next plan for the share money? Another diversion or postpoment in the pipeline.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Peevemor
05-03-2018, 09:36 AM
It's become a traditional mantra. Rebuild in the summer... Apply panic sticking plasters in January

We did it for long enough.

Sauzee16
05-03-2018, 09:51 AM
We did it for long enough.

Look where it left us though. Also played youngsters far too early leading to their demise.

Peevemor
05-03-2018, 09:52 AM
Look where it left us though. Also played youngsters far too early leading to their demise.

Exactly - that's what I was getting at.

Joe Baker2
05-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Aye, there's cracks appearing in the stand as well as the team I'm told.

Sauzee16
05-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Exactly - that's what I was getting at.

👍

NAE NOOKIE
05-03-2018, 10:52 AM
They have a massive job on their hands, quite a few loan players, dross signed in the last year who should never have been given contracts and kids who clearly aren't yet ready for the exertions of a full season. Every chance they will be looking for a new keeper as well.

They need to finish the nursery and its clear as the big red noses on their smug Yam puses that money to finish the mega truss stand has run out ... you don't stop a project which you will rely on to make you money half way through to 'take stock' as Budge said, that's nonsense. They haven't filled the place since the stand was opened, so until its finished far from giving a return it has to be losing them money.

Chuck in committing to a new, by all accounts. one million quid pitch as well .... all I can say is they must be scouring China for another sucker like the ones who bought So ..... I wonder how Laugherty's Mandarin is :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
05-03-2018, 10:59 AM
They currently remind me of us just after wee Pat chucked it after a defeat to the Yams. Loads of loanees, still in the top 6 need just 1 point to secure our spot in it then in came Butcher and down the pan we went. Fenlon would have kept us in the top half. Potter may not have the tools to do that.

Springbank
05-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Hearts are 15 points ahead of Partick (in the play off berth) though Partick have a game in hand, and 30 points left to play for.

If Hearts make the bottom six....

Big_Franck
05-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Hearts fans have been saying the same thing come February/March for the last 3 seasons in a row. Derby defeats in particular seem to result in a flood of "we'll rebuild in the summer and beat the ****** next year" type chat.

Come the next season it's the same all over again :lolyam:

Get used to mediocrity under Levein ya bunch of gimps.

Billy Whizz
05-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Hearts fans have been saying the same thing come February/March for the last 3 seasons in a row. Derby defeats in particular seem to result in a flood of "we'll rebuild in the summer and beat the ****** next year" type chat.

Come the next season it's the same all over again :lolyam:

Get used to mediocrity under Levein ya bunch of gimps.

Think they値l be hoping someone comes in with a big bid for Souttar. Good player, but never a 」2m player, that Levein was quoted as saying he was worth

Kato
05-03-2018, 12:10 PM
Hearts are 15 points ahead of Partick (in the play off berth) though Partick have a game in hand, and 30 points left to play for.

#prayforacollapse

Youngsters dispirited/overrated, mercenaries looking to avoid injury, stalwarts injured/rubbish. You never know.

Monts
05-03-2018, 12:17 PM

Absolutely no chance they'll be in any danger of going down. They are relatively poor, but unfortunately nothing like Butchers hibs.

Bottom 6 though, wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Biggest concern is that Hearts have lost the siege mentality that saw them win two world wars. They have to see a top six campaign as world war three, then they have the luxury of looking to the summer in terms of post-war reconstruction.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2018, 12:29 PM
#prayforacollapse

Youngsters dispirited/overrated, mercenaries looking to avoid injury, stalwarts injured/rubbish. You never know.

Too utterly boring and tedious for a collapse. That would involve some sense of on-field drama which they are inherently aversive to. Studied mediocrity is their default setting, but if they are being removed from cup tournaments before the semis and finishing below in the table, it doesn't really matter.

JimBHibees
05-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Think they値l be hoping someone comes in with a big bid for Souttar. Good player, but never a 」2m player, that Levein was quoted as saying he was worth

Thought he looked terrible yesterday. Not sure if he had been injured but looked way off the pace IMO.

Ozyhibby
05-03-2018, 12:34 PM

He reminds me of a young Paul Hanlon. Decent on the ball but far too easily bullied off the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
05-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Thought he looked terrible yesterday. Not sure if he had been injured but looked way off the pace IMO.

The yams over rate him IMO. If he was any good a decent side would have taken a punt on him when he was at Dundee Utd. I hope he's there for a while to come.

SirDavidsNapper
05-03-2018, 01:00 PM
Over on the Comedy Gold Channel, sorry Brokeback, they have started a new thread called "Re-building in the summer" and I thought to myself that explains why they have stopped work on the newish Rustbowl Arena Library Extension, it's needing torn down so the new architects can start again as they cannot solve the serious design problems Clydesdale gifted them...then I realised they were talking about the team😁

Again?

They seem to rebuild every time they're papped out of a cup competition

Geo_1875
05-03-2018, 01:06 PM
He reminds me of a young Paul Hanlon. Decent on the ball but far too easily bullied off the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But Paul couldn't kick a ball 90 yards when he was a youngster. Would never have got a game under Potter.

CMurdoch
05-03-2018, 02:44 PM
They will lose all the loan players.
Leaving them with Berra, Souter, Lafferty, a load of kids and the guys on the long contracts that nobody wants.
They will add another 2-3 good players and a dose of new loan players.
This will improve them from this season but they will be nowhere near the top 3 place their fans think they should have.
As a result the fans will go nutso again as the club continue to spend on the new stand rather than Aguero.

Famous Fiver
05-03-2018, 02:55 PM
They have to pay up highly paid players. ( Malaury Martin anyone?)

They are intent on signing more expensive recruits. (Left back, creative midfielder etc)

They have overspent on their stand by at least 」3 million( allegedly) so far.

They have to finish it off. 」2/3 Million anyone?

They have to rectify design faults. Press box, TV studio, Directors box, toilets. Another Million or two.

Elimination from the cup, Semi Final, Final, possible European qualification, has deprived them of upwards of 」1 million in income.

Nursery to finish. Not a kick in the pants off 」500,000.

Possible bottom six with another million or so in gate receipts down the swannee.

Have I got it right but are they needing around 」10 Mill to get them anywhere near getting organised?

Pleasing, though.

Famous Fiver
05-03-2018, 03:12 PM
I completely forgot, they are going to spend another million on replacing the pitch.

Jaw dropping, or what?

greenginger
05-03-2018, 03:18 PM
I completely forgot, they are going to spend another million on replacing the pitch.

Jaw dropping, or what?

Another funding gap for their anonymous donor to fill ! :confused:

Deansy
05-03-2018, 03:38 PM

His skills at assessing a player's value are on a par with his record for producing attack-minded teams - keech ! Remember the 」1m-rated Jamie Walker going for 」300,000 - and allegedly that depends on appearances !. I just hope and pray that Levein's still there to take charge of this 're-building' - his contribution to the true 'natural order' cannot be over-looked !

EastCalderHibby
05-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Big DAZ MUST BE WORTH 5 THEN . the minute managers tell you players are worth 」」」」 hes hopping to sell on next window

Eyrie
05-03-2018, 05:34 PM
They have to pay up highly paid players. ( Malaury Martin anyone?)

They are intent on signing more expensive recruits. (Left back, creative midfielder etc)

They have overspent on their stand by at least 」3 million( allegedly) so far.

They have to finish it off. 」2/3 Million anyone?

They have to rectify design faults. Press box, TV studio, Directors box, toilets. Another Million or two.

Elimination from the cup, Semi Final, Final, possible European qualification, has deprived them of upwards of 」1 million in income.

Nursery to finish. Not a kick in the pants off 」500,000.

Possible bottom six with another million or so in gate receipts down the swannee.

Have I got it right but are they needing around 」10 Mill to get them anywhere near getting organised?

Pleasing, though.

Jaw dropping, or what?

All of that will be more than covered once PSG, Barcelona, Man City and Real Madrid start a bidding war over Cochrane.

HFCdeb
05-03-2018, 07:03 PM
Too utterly boring and tedious for a collapse. That would involve some sense of on-field drama which they are inherently aversive to. Studied mediocrity is their default setting, but if they are being removed from cup tournaments before the semis and finishing below in the table, it doesn't really matter.

"Studied mediocrity is their default setting" is the best thing I've read in 2018. Hilariously true hahaha.