PDA

View Full Version : Has The Dalry Lama offered any words of wisdom since his departure?

Viva_Palmeiras
04-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Usually we get some words of reflection - didn’t the poor fella offer anything up?

Can Sky not give him the pundit / analysis role on Friday (then again maybe not - need to
have a translator to hand)

Did he just head off with his napsack down south?

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 10:53 PM
Usually we get some words of reflection - didn’t the poor fella offer anything up?

Can Sky not give him the pundit / analysis role on Friday (then again maybe not - need to
have a translator to hand)

Did he just head off with his napsack down south?

He was helping fellow residents of Loanhead, digging their cars out the snow this week. Good lad
Wonder if he’s been gagged by Hearts, or he’s just a smart cookie, doesn’t want to talk about it

Bostonhibby
04-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Errr um, the schematics, goalposts in the way, mumble mumble, new stand affecting things schematically what eh? If you take away the motherwell goals schematically speaking the relationship continues. I don't sign the players you know, I'm a priest.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
04-03-2018, 10:58 PM
He did apparently. Guess he is still reflecting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5429079/Cathro-talks-time-rocky-reign-Hearts.html

jacomo
04-03-2018, 11:53 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5429079/Cathro-talks-time-rocky-reign-Hearts.html

I see the ego is still very much intact.

Is It On....
04-03-2018, 11:54 PM

'I could not go to Walter Smith and pretend I know more about football than he does. But I know more about my football than Walter Smith knows about my football,' Ian Cathro

1875godsgift
05-03-2018, 12:06 AM
'I could not go to Walter Smith and pretend I know more about football than he does. But I know more about my football than Walter Smith knows about my football,' Ian Cathro

'My football is white with some black bits, and has my name written on it using indelible marker. It has an unfortunate rattle when you shake it, due to losing the needle inside whilst over-vigorously pumping' Ian Cathro

Keyser Sauzee
05-03-2018, 12:14 AM
I still have a feeling he will go onto be a decent manager, he took the wrong job far too early in his career and he will learn from that. Aslong as he stops speaking to the media as well

jacomo
05-03-2018, 12:15 AM
'My football is white with some black bits, and has my name written on it using indelible marker. It has an unfortunate rattle when you shake it, due to losing the needle inside whilst over-vigorously pumping' Ian Cathro

That would explain why so few other managers worked him out while he was at Hertz.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-03-2018, 01:01 AM
I still have a feeling he will go onto be a decent manager, he took the wrong job far too early in his career and he will learn from that. Aslong as he stops speaking to the media as well

He just needs to find the key to unlock the door to the right room.

I think he’ll probably go abroad where his more philosophical blue sky thinking outside of the boxedness might have a better chance of getting listened to. And why not)

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2018, 07:35 AM

Really, i think he's as mad as a box of frogs, with ideas way above his station. Adult players won't take being talked to as if they are stupid, he will get away with it for so long with kids, but seasoned pro's will work him out very quickly.

Saying all that, i do miss his interviews, it was a pleasure wasting my afternoons trying to decipher his rambles. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
05-03-2018, 07:44 AM
He is right about starting mid season IMO, said that right away. He isn't the type who can come in and rally the troops, needs time of a pre season to get his stuff across.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2018, 09:02 AM
Really, i think he's as mad as a box of frogs, with ideas way above his station. Adult players won't take being talked to as if they are stupid, he will get away with it for so long with kids, but seasoned pro's will work him out very quickly.

Saying all that, i do miss his interviews, it was a pleasure wasting my afternoons trying to decipher his rambles. :greengrin[emoji106]

He'll move onto politics or form his own cult.

jacomo
05-03-2018, 11:22 AM
He is right about starting mid season IMO, said that right away. He isn't the type who can come in and rally the troops, needs time of a pre season to get his stuff across.

Hmm... I think he’s got more fundamental problems than that.

Even if his back story is accurate, he’s a coach, not a manager. His methods may be effective as part of a bigger team but not on their own.

Geo_1875
05-03-2018, 11:26 AM

Saying all that, i do miss his interviews, it was a pleasure wasting my afternoons trying to decipher his rambles. :greengrin

He's a PE teacher who blagged his way into football.

SirDavidsNapper
05-03-2018, 11:31 AM
We shouldn't be mocking a man who made every Hibs fan very happy. i'm eternally greatful to him for all his hard work at the PBS.

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Had he been the manager of just about anyone else, I would've been keen to see him do well. The bad press he got from the "traditionalists" really ripped my knitting.

That fact that he's taken a different route to management from the norm, with some decent stops along the way, is quite refreshing. Whilst playing the game is an obvious advantage, not playing it is not a bar to being a good coach. It hasn't been in other countries, so why not in Scotland?

(edit.. just realised that the "great" Bill Struth wasn't a player......)

jacomo
05-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Had he been the manager of just about anyone else, I would've been keen to see him do well. The bad press he got from the "traditionalists" really ripped my knitting.

That fact that he's taken a different route to management from the norm, with some decent stops along the way, is quite refreshing. Whilst playing the game is an obvious advantage, not playing it is not a bar to being a good coach. It hasn't been in other countries, so why not in Scotland?

(edit.. just realised that the "great" Bill Struth wasn't a player......)

Cathro has a planet-sized ego but the self awareness of a peanut.

There is a lot more to management than coaching, but I doubt this guy will ever see it.

He reminds me of Sol Campbell. Perhaps they should join forces as a dream team?

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
05-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Cathro has a planet-sized ego but the self awareness of a peanut.

There is a lot more to management than coaching, but I doubt this guy will ever see it.

He reminds me of Sol Campbell. Perhaps they should join forces as a dream team?

:greengrin

Maybe he's found his level as a coach, rather than a manager. If that's the case, I hope he does make a decent career.... if only to piss off the Kris Boyds :greengrin

I'm Spartacus
05-03-2018, 12:33 PM
'But you grow, you become stronger, you move forward, you get better.'

'I could not go to Walter Smith and pretend I know more about football than he does. But I know more about my football than Walter Smith knows about my football,'

I started to pick all the stupid quotes out but it is actually every single one, it's all the same drivel he used to spout when standing like a rabbit stuck in the headlights.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-03-2018, 12:45 PM
[emoji106]

The Yams are launching their “Total Cult” range - Ian could fit in alongside Rudi, Scott Crabbes, Wayne Foster and some other players that did nothing other than score a jammy goal against the Hibs.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2018, 01:27 PM
The Yams are launching their “Total Cult” range - Ian could fit in alongside Rudi, Scott Crabbes, Wayne Foster and some other players that did nothing other than score a jammy goal against the Hibs.[emoji106]you've got the makings of a right bunch of cults there

IWasThere2016
05-03-2018, 01:42 PM

:agree:

Dull as eff also

#zzzzzz

Arch Stanton
05-03-2018, 03:01 PM

Yep.

Watch out David Icke, there's a new kid on the block.

Diclonius
05-03-2018, 05:17 PM
I miss him.

andybev1
06-03-2018, 02:21 AM
'No one could tell me it was all right to lob the ball up the front. I don't accept it now. I didn't accept it then.'

''except Craig Levein'. should be added to the end of that sentence ...or maybe that was what he was hinting at?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2018, 05:44 AM
Stitch together those cryptic clues the truth is out there - the apprentice rejected his master.