PDA

View Full Version : Derby Mind games start already 1st up Berra “major doubt”...

Pages : [1] 2

Viva_Palmeiras
04-03-2018, 08:39 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/hearts-captain-christophe-berra-a-major-doubt-for-edinburgh-derby-1-4700392

Now Isn’t concussion mandatory time on the sidelines? If for egg chasing.

Cabbage East
04-03-2018, 08:40 PM
They’ve never done his before. Ever.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-03-2018, 08:41 PM
They’ve never done his before. Ever.

Just seen Beers out is actually a typo - doh!

ill close the thread.

Edit: Bizarre- I did actually click on close this thread but hey ho;)

oldbutdim
04-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Wee Fat Robbo was either 'injured' or 'doubtful' before every derby game ever played.
Even the ones he didn't play in.

truehibernian
04-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Aside his concussion, if he plays I hope that the referee penalises his constant foul throws - in the last game at Tynecastle it was embarrassing the way he wasn't picked up on it by the ref. Today it was equally as annoying. And the additional yards he steals !

Michael
04-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Who even cares if their CB might be injured? At least they used to do this with half-decent forward players.

1van Sprou7e
04-03-2018, 08:55 PM
Who even cares if their CB might be injured? At least they used to do this with half-decent forward players.

Tbf they'd might fall apart without Berra. Their strength is in their solidness at the back and he's been the main contributor to that this season for them

guthrie01
04-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Don’t see how it’s mind games, just the media reporting him going to the hospital after his head knock and saying he could be out for the derby. All of which is true

tamig
04-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Tbf they'd might fall apart without Berra. Their strength is in their solidness at the back and he's been the main contributor to that this season for them

Has he missed a game since he signed? Berra has been a huge influence on their defence this season - much as it pains me to say so. They could struggle without him there.

Forza Fred
05-03-2018, 01:51 AM
Has he missed a game since he signed? Berra has been a huge influence on their defence this season - much as it pains me to say so. They could struggle without him there.

He’ll be there.

danhibees1875
05-03-2018, 07:57 AM
Don’t see how it’s mind games, just the media reporting him going to the hospital after his head knock and saying he could be out for the derby. All of which is true

It's derby week, there's no time for facts.

Hearts and their mind games, they'll never learn.

mcohibs
05-03-2018, 08:18 AM
It's derby week, there's no time for facts.

Hearts and their mind games, they'll never learn.

Think the point made was that it's the media, not Hearts, that are reporting Berra to be a doubt for Friday. That's based on the fact that he's been taken to hospital with concussion. If that's the case then it's probably a fair assumption to make that he'll miss the derby.

Have hearts actually came out and said anything about Berra? Not sure how we can accuse them of mind games if they haven't actually commented on it...

danhibees1875
05-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Think the point made was that it's the media, not Hearts, that are reporting Berra to be a doubt for Friday. That's based on the fact that he's been taken to hospital with concussion. If that's the case then it's probably a fair assumption to make that he'll miss the derby.

Have hearts actually came out and said anything about Berra? Not sure how we can accuse them of mind games if they haven't actually commented on it...

My post had a bit of sarcasm around it, I don't think hearts are playing any mind games here.

As you say, he got a dangerous injury and is being assessed at hospital and is unlikely to play 5 days later as a result.

snooky
05-03-2018, 08:28 AM
It's rather ironic we're talking about mind games and the guy's got concussion. Not nice to see any player get this type of injury. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

mcohibs
05-03-2018, 08:43 AM
My post had a bit of sarcasm around it, I don't think hearts are playing any mind games here.

As you say, he got a dangerous injury and is being assessed at hospital and is unlikely to play 5 days later as a result.

Far too early on a Monday morning for sarcasm detection! :thumbsup:

The Spaceman
05-03-2018, 08:50 AM
One of the biggest games of Craig Levein's career coming up. Lose and he has absolutely nowhere to go, so expect maximum pathetic wind-up mind games in the run up to this game.

sean04
05-03-2018, 08:54 AM
If berra has concussion than the doctors stop him playing. 7-10days

SON OF PADDY
05-03-2018, 08:59 AM
It's rather ironic we're talking about mind games and the guy's got concussion. Not nice to see any player get this type of injury. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Well said 👏👏👏

Captain Trips
05-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Do you not need a mind to play mind games?

Golden Bear
05-03-2018, 09:47 AM

:agree:

Well said.

Carheenlea
05-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Wasting his time attempting any "mind games" against us these days. Might have worked in the past, but I don't think Neil Lennon and the squad will be spending too much time worrying about Craig Levein or Hearts. A solid weeks training and if we turn up and play in the manner we can and have come to expect, we'll roast them.

McSwanky
05-03-2018, 09:55 AM
If there was a hint of concussion, should he not have come off the pitch yesterday? Bizarre that they suspected concussion and took him to hospital straight after the game, but they didn't deem it serious enough to take him off immediately.

bingo70
05-03-2018, 09:57 AM
If there was a hint of concussion, should he not have come off the pitch yesterday? Bizarre that they suspected concussion and took him to hospital straight after the game, but they didn't deem it serious enough to take him off immediately.

Said exactly the same yesterday

Franck Stanton
05-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Who cares ? Personally I don't give a flying **** if he is or isn't injured, plays or doesn't play.
He has supposed to have hurt his head, not as if it is anything serious, it's empty anyway.

Sauzee16
05-03-2018, 10:13 AM

They had used all their subs. No way they would put the safety of a player over a chance to make Hampden for the first time since John Terry turned up in his full Chelsea gear when they won the Champions League.

Not In The Know
05-03-2018, 10:30 AM
They had used all their subs. No way they would put the safety of a player over a chance to make Hampden for the first time since John Terry turned up in his full Chelsea gear when they won the Champions League.

I just watched the last 5 mins on iplayer (pleasing!) and they made a sub after he was knocked on the head. He then wanders around the centre of the pitch looking a bit dazed, not nice TBH. I dont actually mind Berra he seems a good pro.

BUT, Not like potter to put his own career before the safety of a player and keep him on the pitch so he could bring on an attacker...

Not In The Know
05-03-2018, 10:38 AM
What is interesting I suppose is he was at hospital last night, so he would or wouldnt have been diagnosed with concussion there and then. Leaving two possible outcomes.

1. He was concussed and is out but they are not announcing it yet as they are already in meltdown over the road.

2. He is fine and they are all still in bed greeting and cant face the world. But will be up soon to tell the hoardes he is ok.

If its not announced today he's out the Derby and they are at it.

KWJ
05-03-2018, 10:42 AM
If he missed the game that'd be a huge blow to them. He's a shoe in for their POTY and that's with their keeper being decent.

Their hasn't been a great deal of talk about concussions in football but it's obviously a big deal in NFL and NHL take it really seriously too now. If a doctor that's placed in the crowd suspects concussion then then player is taken off the ice for a review. One of the stars of the game, Sidney Crosby, missed about a whole season because of it.

KWJ
05-03-2018, 10:44 AM
What is interesting I suppose is he was at hospital last night, so he would or wouldnt have been diagnosed with concussion there and then. Leaving two possible outcomes.

1. He was concussed and is out but they are not announcing it yet as they are already in meltdown over the road.

2. He is fine and they are all still in bed greeting and cant face the world. But will be up soon to tell the hoardes he is ok.

If its not announced today he's out the Derby and they are at it.

I'm surprised that their own club doctor wouldn't have been able to tell if he wasn't concussed so my thinking is that he must have been and required further testing/scans.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone but... you know...

Sauzee16
05-03-2018, 10:46 AM
I just watched the last 5 mins on iplayer (pleasing!) and they made a sub after he was knocked on the head. He then wanders around the centre of the pitch looking a bit dazed, not nice TBH. I dont actually mind Berra he seems a good pro.

BUT, Not like potter to put his own career before the safety of a player and keep him on the pitch so he could bring on an attacker...

It didn’t realise that and agree with the rest. Tbh it’s Potters own doing they are out th cup then as the defending for the winner was shocking too.

green day
05-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Latest report tonight suggests he's going to be ok, surprise surprise
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/03/05/hearts-manager-craig-levein-hoping-to-have-captain-christophe-berra-available-for-hibs-clash/?platform=hootsuite

Gogs07
05-03-2018, 11:03 PM
A poor concussed header by Berra, ended with a great strike for the winner.

Berra would not want to come off the pitch anyway, but the sheer amount of aimless headers that he made during the game, probably contributed to the ambulance taxi!!

O'Rourke3
05-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Wasting his time attempting any "mind games" against us these days. Might have worked in the past, but I don't think Neil Lennon and the squad will be spending too much time worrying about Craig Levein or Hearts. A solid weeks training and if we turn up and play in the manner we can and have come to expect, we'll roast them.Yes but in the same way they hoof the ball a lot, having 7 or 8 first team players doubtful on the run into a derby is in their dna. A bit like the Sun and Record running a story intended to sow unease at Hibs in the morning he week of a game.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
05-03-2018, 11:14 PM
Somebody should be lined up to give him a “wee knock” early doors, just to test it out.

Aldo
06-03-2018, 06:03 AM
He will play!

Since90+2
06-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Somebody should be lined up to give him a “wee knock” early doors, just to test it out.

Not really sure id be comfortable with a Hibs player doing that when it involves a head injury to be honest.

Libby Hibby
06-03-2018, 07:39 AM
I don’t think I’d be comfortable if a Hibs player did that either the same as I wouldn’t feel comfortable about playing a Hibs player 5 days after a head knock that was checked out for concussion. Regardless of the magnitude of the game.

Springbank
06-03-2018, 07:40 AM
Not really sure id be comfortable with a Hibs player doing that when it involves a head injury to be honest.

Its a contact Sport.
Its berra's problem and its hearts responsibility
Nothing less
Hibs for the win

mjh
06-03-2018, 08:03 AM
Radio scotland running a feature this morning on Sport Scotland universal rules for handling concussion

SirDavidsNapper
06-03-2018, 08:06 AM
Hope Berra plays. Don't want them having any excuses

EH54
06-03-2018, 08:44 AM
Berra will make it more difficult and will perhaps save them from a doing but it will have no impact on the result. Hibs will win and we will go 12 points clear with a game in hand.

Clerie Green
06-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Never mind Berra , Smash the lot of them !
:flag: :nlgwa :flag:

My_Wife_Camille
06-03-2018, 09:04 AM
Sorry but if he's deemed fit enough to play then it's not the responsibility of any Hibs player to worry about

Since90+2
06-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Sorry but if he's deemed fit enough to play then it's not the responsibility of any Hibs player to worry about

If he plays then put in tackles as normal and make the game physical but that's abit different to deliberately giving him "a wee knock" to the head 5 days after a concussion.

No Hibs player would set out to do that and rightly so.

Not In The Know
06-03-2018, 09:16 AM
Well this has control freak Potter written all over it. Hilarious really.

Sauzee16
06-03-2018, 09:18 AM
If he plays then put in tackles as normal and make the game physical but that's abit different to deliberately giving him "a wee knock" to the head 5 days after a concussion.

It doesn’t have to be a knock to the head. Someone can thunder into him early to get a reaction.

green day
06-03-2018, 09:22 AM

You are not wrong - but neither should our players pull out of a 50/50 header.

If Hearts medics deem Berra fit to play so soon after a visit to the hospital, then he is as much fair game for a robust tackle as any of the rest of them.

We should also remember that Hearts are at the bottom of the fair play / fouls league - Hibs are not an overly physical team, I would be more concerned at our players getting crocked on friday that Berra TBH.

lapsedhibee
06-03-2018, 09:24 AM
It doesn’t have to be a knock to the head. Someone can thunder into him early to get a reaction.

Reaction to being thundered into would be to fall to the ground waving his arms. Just as if he had been lightly brushed against.

Sauzee16
06-03-2018, 09:26 AM
Reaction to being thundered into would be to fall to the ground waving his arms. Just as if he had been lightly brushed against.

True. Just ask Steven Fletcher.

GreenCastle
06-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Berra is a massive player for them.

He organises the back line and is threat from set pieces.

He does dive a lot if you watch closely and has limited technical ability.

If Hearts didn’t have him this season they would already be bottom 6 as he’s holding them together.

JimBHibees
06-03-2018, 09:36 AM

He is Presley number 2. the number of ridiculous soft fouls these 2 clowns get is incredible. You may as well hand them over the whistle also. Get away with murder.

happiehibbie
06-03-2018, 09:40 AM
The rule is simple if a player has sustained concussion then they are on a 14 day stand down this comes form the Scotland team doctor John McLean, how do I know this I was on the course. "if in doubt sit them out"

mjhibby
06-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Yes but in the same way they hoof the ball a lot, having 7 or 8 first team players doubtful on the run into a derby is in their dna. A bit like the Sun and Record running a story intended to sow unease at Hibs in the morning he week of a game.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

We have far too many experienced players to be bothered by mind games. The main thing is to get the tactics right and I'm sure we will be be pressing them back then looking for the front two to pull their defence out and then the likes of Boyle and Allan to exploit the spaces. The hearts defence looks uncomfortable when the opposition plays the ball quickly. Potter will want to slow it down and have loads of niggly fouls. I'm sure we are going to be well fired up and looking for the win. Need to concentrate at the back especially if we have the vast majority of possession. I'm unusually calm which is not my normal attitude to these games. Should be a cracking atmosphere and I'm sure the players will feed off it.

JimBHibees
06-03-2018, 09:57 AM
The rule is simple if a player has sustained concussion then they are on a 14 day stand down this comes form the Scotland team doctor John McLean, how do I know this I was on the course. "if in doubt sit them out"

Of course they will probably maintain he had a knock but didnt have concussion.

JimBHibees
06-03-2018, 09:59 AM
It will be interesting whether we bring back Bartley or play the same team that started v Aberdeen. Must be a bit of a worry how open we looked for an hour v Killie.

06-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Hopefully true as their defence is far weaker without him and he's their main target man at set pieces but I won't be holding my breath. It wouldn't be the first time they started all the mind games pre-derby where they make out their best players are "out" or "doubtful" then miracuously make the game fully fit.

I remember during the Pressley, Hartley, Skacel etc era (peak Romanov era) they had practically every main first team player "out" or "doubtful" in the lead up to a derby, more or less making out they were going to have to play their youth team yet miraciously again every single first team player started the derby.

Take anything that slimey bunch and their weirdo manager have to say with a pinch of salt. With or without Berra, we are still more than capable of beating them.

Dashing Bob S
06-03-2018, 10:43 AM
So Yammish to use a concussion sufferer to play mind games

hibbie02
06-03-2018, 11:02 AM
There is only one Mind Game that is important this week. Natural Order! End of! :agree::lolyam:

Aldo
06-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Let’s not kid ourselves here. Berra will be fit and I have no doubt he will play on Friday.

I am happy that the boy Mitchell is out as their FB’s are honking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazyhorse
06-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Let’s not kid ourselves here. Berra will be fit and I have no doubt he will play on Friday.

I am happy that the boy Mitchell is out as their FB’s are honking

Me too. I would take a 1-0 victory now.

Hibs4185
06-03-2018, 01:13 PM
I read an article this morning that say Mitchell would be fit in time for the derby.

Then another article to say he had been sent back to Man Utd for their doctor to assess him.

2 hours later he’s out for 8 weeks.

Had a look on bigotback and they have a thread on it. This morning there was great delight he would be fit and then despair when announced he’s out for 8 weeks. They’re questioning how their doctor couldn’t diagnose such a serious injury.

you have to wonder when the hearts doctor says Berra is fit to play(if he actually has). Another shambles

Monts
06-03-2018, 01:19 PM
I read an article this morning that say Mitchell would be fit in time for the derby.

Then another article to say he had been sent back to Man Utd for their doctor to assess him.

Had a look on bigotback and they have a thread on it. This morning there was great delight he would be fit and then despair when announced he’s out for 8 weeks. They’re questioning how their doctor couldn’t diagnose such a serious injury.

you have to wonder when the hearts doctor says Berra is fit to play(if he actually has). Another shambles

Perhaps there's more to it than it appears.

Man U maybe haven't been impressed with the set up at Hearts and have effectively ended his loan spell.

hibbyfraelibby
06-03-2018, 01:55 PM
If the Yams were going to play him with that injury there is no doubt they will ignore any concussion issues with Berra. Their medical staff need reporting to the GMC. Mitchell was called back to be assessed by Man U probably because they suspected either incompetence or recklessness by the Gorgie Doctor (no not Budge but might well have been). Word will be out now in Ingerlund not to loan players to them if you value their well being and development. They'll find that well dry next year.

Bostonhibby
06-03-2018, 02:04 PM

you have to wonder when the hearts doctor says Berra is fit to play(if he actually has). Another shamblesTheir "doctor" will have more experience filing horses hooves and checking the teeth of Grand National entrants than dealing with a trained athlete from Manchester United. United look after their kids and can't see them being impressed with the diagnosis of the gorgie witch doctor.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

KeithTheHibby
06-03-2018, 02:06 PM
The wee full-back will be as big a miss as Berra. That Randall boy is absolutely honking and the other full-back who wears the number 66 is a bombscare. He has been booked 5 times in 6 games and Boyle will have a field day against this nut job.

Hibs4185
06-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Their "doctor" will have more experience filing horses hooves and checking the teeth of Grand National entrants than dealing with a trained athlete from Manchester United. United look after their kids and can't see them being impressed with the diagnosis of the gorgie witch doctor.

Maybe someone should explain to Dr Budge that when you are given an honorary doctorate it doesn’t make you an actual doctor who can assess and treat players!

Bostonhibby
06-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Maybe somebody should explain to Dr Budge that when you’re given an honorary doctorate it doesn’t mean you’re an actual doctor![emoji23]

Just had a mental image of the good doctor looking a bit like Hattie Jacques giving them all a pat on the heid, and an aspirin before telling them they're fit to play.

Earlydelivery
06-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Mitchell out for 8wks

Gmack7
06-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Mitchell out for 8wks

effectively season over then

Keith_M
06-03-2018, 03:51 PM
I can't imagine Lennon pays much attention to any player announcements from Tynecastle, so mind games are a bit pointless.

BlackSheep
06-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Be interesting to see if Berra gets a second opinion after the Mitchell debacle....

If he doesn’t get a second opinion or is ruled fit for Friday then mind games it is.

Baker9
06-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Mitchell out for 8wks

Meaningless games for the rest of the season possibly against bottom-six sides, industrial football guaranteed, potential basket case of a club. The verdict: for crying out loud, bring the boy back and get him out of there.

Aldo
06-03-2018, 04:20 PM
The wee full-back will be as big a miss as Berra. That Randall boy is absolutely honking and the other full-back who wears the number 66 is a bombscare. He has been booked 5 times in 6 games and Boyle will have a field day against this nut job.

Full back is the boy Godinho and he wears 28 I think.

The boy Adoa who plays in midfield is the player your thinking of KTH. He wears 66. Should have seen red on Sunday but got away with it.

Looks ability and has to be ran at at every opportunity.

Saying that both yam full backs that played at weekend are honking and I really do hope they both play. I also hope the great messiah aka Cochring plays because he’s worse than a man short!!

I do think they will drop someone to accommodate Cowie so can see either him or Naismith being dropped

Famous Fiver
06-03-2018, 07:17 PM
Saturday, Berra has concussion and will be unfit for Friday.

Tuesday a.m. New directive comes out about concussion treatment and the need for rest afterwards. Hearts representative features prominently when it is launched at the Oriam.

Tuesday p.m , Berra does not have concussion

Tuesday evening, Berra is fit to play on Friday.

WTF?

lapsedhibee
06-03-2018, 07:23 PM

Tuesday a.m. New directive comes out about concussion treatment and the need for rest afterwards. Hearts representative features prominently when it is launched at the Oriam.

WTF?

Entirely predictable. If you can't meet a building deadline, just amend the deadline till whatever time you actually manage to build something. That way, it's not late. If an injury rules you out, just amend the injury to something that doesn't rule you out. Their scrupulouslessness knows no bounds.

Broken Gnome
06-03-2018, 08:12 PM
https://twitter.com/SimpsonsSPFL/status/971072417593520128?s=19

SirDavidsNapper
06-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Full back is the boy Godinho and he wears 28 I think.

The boy Adoa who plays in midfield is the player your thinking of KTH. He wears 66. Should have seen red on Sunday but got away with it.

Looks ability and has to be ran at at every opportunity.

Saying that both yam full backs that played at weekend are honking and I really do hope they both play. I also hope the great messiah aka Cochring plays because he’s worse than a man short!!

I do think they will drop someone to accommodate Cowie so can see either him or Naismith being dropped

Is Godinho a real person? I thought it was another weird nickname they make up for their players like Skinny etc

Billy Whizz
06-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Is Godinho a real person? I thought it was another weird nickname they make up for their players like Skinny etc

Who’s skinny?

SirDavidsNapper
06-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Who’s skinny?

Milinkovic i think

bringbackbenny
06-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Who’s skinny?

Wee Robbo

Viva_Palmeiras
06-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Who’s skinny?

Me circa 1987 :)

Aldo
06-03-2018, 08:26 PM

WTF?

He was always playing tbh! NL will prepare his line up for Berra to be playing.

What I will say is that if he does indeed have concussion then it shows the desperate measures they will take.

If they were playing another team you can guarantee he wouldn’t play!

Billy Whizz
06-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Milinkovic i think

Thanks, why

Pete
06-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Couldn’t care less about Berra and I don’t think our players will either so their wee mind games are a waste of time.

People say he’s decent but on Friday the person in that shirts remit will be simple: hoof it to Lafferty and kick anything that moves...even the ball.

How good do you have to be to do that?

HibbyAndy
06-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Thanks, why

Probably along the lines of Skinny malinky long legs lol

Billy Whizz
06-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Probably along the lines of Skinny malinky long legs lol

Ha ha, that’s funny from them, thought they were humourless, like their Manager

06-03-2018, 10:33 PM
Hope Berra plays. Don't want them having any excuses

Agree, the excuses have started already though.

There's not much difference between the teams injury wise. Possibly Berra is out, so is our captain. Mitchell for them is injured, Barker is out for us. Djoum for them and Slivka for us. That's about it isn't it?

They've only got themselves to blame for having such a poor squad that they'll have a ropey starting line up and crap options on the bench. Whereas we can still put out a strong starting 11 and have good options on the bench.

Bookies have us as quite strong favourites, 3/4 on a Hibs win and 9/2 Hearts.

Not In The Know
07-03-2018, 07:52 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-christophe-berra-facing-daily-tests-ahead-of-derby-1-4701391

Absolutely hilarious attempt at mind games.

A guess at Bandersons headline tomorrow

“huge boost for hearts as skipper ready for the derby”

with a wee quote from avril “yes it’s good news as we will need to stand up to Hibs and not be bullied”

Ozyhibby
07-03-2018, 08:25 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-christophe-berra-facing-daily-tests-ahead-of-derby-1-4701391

with a wee quote from avril “yes it’s good news as we will need to stand up to Hibs and not be bullied”

Looks like the ‘if in doubt, sit it out’ advice has changed to ‘if you’ve got a big game coming up, just keep asking the doc until he says yes’.

SirDavidsNapper
07-03-2018, 08:31 AM
Looks like the ‘if in doubt, sit it out’ advice has changed to ‘if you’ve got a big game coming up, just keep asking the doc until he says yes’.

Very poor and quite frankly desperate behaviour by Hearts. He should be left out as a precaution surely? I seriously hope he doesn't receive another head knock if he plays.

Clerie Green
07-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Smash each and every single one of them !

:flag::nlgwa:flag:

green day
07-03-2018, 08:34 AM

"With any head knock, the protocol now is to treat it with a high degree of caution" and that Berra "wasnt knocked out" Levein showing that he doesnt actually understand the new protocols in the slightest, or what a concussion is.

I think - as you have stated - that Berra is already fine for the match, and that this is just the usual nonsense from them.

Hope we ram it right up him.

Hibs4185
07-03-2018, 09:09 AM

The article starts by saying he’s been given the all clear from suspected concussion. Then immediately after says he has to pass tests everyday in order to play on Friday.

If he has to pass tests everyday then how can he have been given all the clear to play?

Either terrible journalism or Hearts are at it

Onion
07-03-2018, 09:23 AM
The article starts by saying he’s been given the all clear from suspected concussion. Then immediately after says he has to pass tests everyday in order to play on Friday.

If he has to pass tests everyday then how can he have been given all the clear to play?

No way Berra will not be on the pitch on Friday, complete with a bloodied Rambo bandage and set of crutches. Mind games for the mindless.

Peevemor
07-03-2018, 09:36 AM

Simply Bandesron trying to make a story out of nothing.

I'm no expert, but given that Berra didn't lose consciousness probably makes a big difference. He may well be checked every day to make sure he's not suffering headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, etc. but Potter will know already whether or not he's OK for Friday.

SirDavidsNapper
07-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Hope Lennon is ramming the natural order thing down the players throats this week. I want our players fired up like never before. The fans will be well up for for this and i feel the temperature rising already. Lets welcome the Jambos to hell on Friday:fire:

Aldo
07-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Very poor and quite frankly desperate behaviour by Hearts. He should be left out as a precaution surely? I seriously hope he doesn't receive another head knock if he plays.

Predictable IMHO.

As for another head knock. He’s a CH and he’ll no doubt be heading the ball!!

He will play I have no doubt about it!

ian cruise
07-03-2018, 02:26 PM
I doubt he has a concussion, I don't think Hearts would let him anywhere near the pitch if that was the case and if he is having precautionary tests every day I believe that backs that up. With these injuries it's always better safe than sorry.

If he did he'd have every right to just refuse to play, more fool him if he did take to the field with one. It's only a game

JimBHibees
07-03-2018, 02:32 PM

WTF?

Why did Hearts have any representation there?

Spike Mandela
07-03-2018, 02:35 PM
I don’t get these ‘mindgames’ . I don’t see any way Hibs will change their formation or style of play depending on whether Berra plays or not.

If they are mindgames then they are really **** mindgames.

JimBHibees
07-03-2018, 02:35 PM
"With any head knock, the protocol now is to treat it with a high degree of caution" and that Berra "wasnt knocked out" Levein showing that he doesnt actually understand the new protocols in the slightest, or what a concussion is.

I think - as you have stated - that Berra is already fine for the match, and that this is just the usual nonsense from them.

Hope we ram it right up him.

One of the sports news last night think it was stv said he has been training and seemed to show him doing so though looked like old pictures as there was no snow on the ground and there is at heriot watt as I drove past it this morning.

JimBHibees
07-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Predictable IMHO.

As for another head knock. He’s a CH and he’ll no doubt be heading the ball!!

He will play I have no doubt about it!

That, diving, hoofing the ball and trying to ref the game is pretty much all he does.:greengrin

Aldo
07-03-2018, 04:16 PM
That, diving, hoofing the ball and trying to ref the game is pretty much all he does.:greengrin

Dying Swan dive at that!!

JimBHibees
07-03-2018, 04:19 PM
Dying Swan dive at that!!

Yep his dives are almost as bad as his foul throws. Incredible he gets away with that.

Aldo
07-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Yep his dives are almost as bad as his foul throws. Incredible he gets away with that.

Slightest little touch and he’s down like he’s been pole axed.

Hopefully big Flo will give him a run for his money on Friday night?

PatHead
07-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Could the mindgames be that Berra is out and they are making out he will play?

Famous Fiver
07-03-2018, 07:43 PM
JimbHibees

They showed a clip on telly from Oriam showing the great and the good promoting this initiative. There were four or five of them clutching a wee leaflet/booklet. One of these quite clearly sporting a Hearts insignia on his top. Don't know who he was but was right in there.

Why? I don't know.

JimBHibees
07-03-2018, 07:49 PM
JimbHibees

They showed a clip on telly from Oriam showing the great and the good promoting this initiative. There were four or five of them clutching a wee leaflet/booklet. One of these quite clearly sporting a Hearts insignia on his top. Don't know who he was but was right in there.

Why? I don't know.

Was Don Cowie

JimBHibees
07-03-2018, 07:50 PM
Could the mindgames be that Berra is out and they are making out he will play?

I think that might be the case.

weecounty hibby
07-03-2018, 08:04 PM
It makes absolutely no difference if you were unconscious or not. You can have a serious concussion without being knocked out. There was a very famous case was in Ireland where a young rugby player died after taking three bangs to the head in one match. At no time was he unconscious. Asa rugby coach to U16 and U14 players I have had a lot of training regarding concussion protocols and how to deal with it immediately and in the days and weeks after. If a hearts are allowing him to at after a concussion then they are literally ****ing about with his long term health

07-03-2018, 08:24 PM
It makes absolutely no difference if you were unconscious or not. You can have a serious concussion without being knocked out. There was a very famous case was in Ireland where a young rugby player died after taking three bangs to the head in one match. At no time was he unconscious. Asa rugby coach to U16 and U14 players I have had a lot of training regarding concussion protocols and how to deal with it immediately and in the days and weeks after. If a hearts are allowing him to at after a concussion then they are literally ****ing about with his long term health

Their allowing him because its hibs they're playing. Any other opposition I could guarantee they would be sitting him out even if just as a procaution.

Jim44
07-03-2018, 08:55 PM

Hearts have no say in the matter, unless they are colluding with the medical experts. I think they will take a gamble and I expect him to play, however, a Jambo on KB said “I just spoke to Christophe down at Craigleith Shopping centre and he is hopeful of playing but it's down to the doctors.”. Bottom line is tho’, we are more than capable of beating their best team, so who cares if he plays or not. It’s up to the conscience and desperation of Potter and his medics.

Skol
07-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Berra will start, we all know that.

Gmack7
07-03-2018, 09:02 PM
with the best keeper in the country playing behind the most capped defender in Britain currently playing beside the future saviour of the Scottish central defence shooorly they dont need a brown trout

ancient hibee
07-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Whoever plays it won’t be an easy game.

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Berra will start, we all know that.

A friend of his that’s a Hibby doesn’t seem that certain.

Mantis Toboggan
07-03-2018, 10:33 PM
Normally I would say that it wouldn't matter that much as they will sit deep and try not to lose. But they need to win this game more than us, which means that they need to show some attacking intent, which increases the reliance on Berra who is to be fair a good player and having a strong season.

Malthibby
07-03-2018, 10:37 PM
We just have to accept that there is no way through the Jambo maginou line. Or round it.
How many World Wars will it have to take?
A bitter Hibee Jakie (sp?).
GG

Wee Effen Bee
07-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Don’t care if Berra is fit or no. I think he’s a decent enough player but I’ve seen him fail to clear easy enough crosses and get caught out of position too often to say he is a ‘great’. I do feel a bit for the wee Man U full back though. He looks a very good wee player - despite turning out for them. Hope ihe regains his fitness soon and his career is not hindered.

Captain Trips
07-03-2018, 11:43 PM
If Hearts or even us play a player whom is not fully fit they will soon be found out especially if they are a CB.

KWJ
07-03-2018, 11:58 PM
If Hearts or even us play a player whom is not fully fit they will soon be found out especially if they are a CB.

It's not a fitness issue though. If he has concussion symptoms then another head knock could do him serious brain damage.

Deansy
08-03-2018, 01:47 AM
Hope Lennon is ramming the natural order thing down the players throats this week. I want our players fired up like never before. The fans will be well up for for this and i feel the temperature rising already. Lets welcome the Jambos to hell on Friday:fire:

In all seriousness, Lennon just has to remind each and every one of our players that, man-for-man, they are quite simply the superior players ................................. but to ensure that a serious attempt at consigning 0-7 to history takes place, bung-in Potter's 'natural order' keech !

Not In The Know
08-03-2018, 11:07 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-keeps-fingers-crossed-for-christophe-berra-and-john-souttar-1-4702295

Yas! Souter is out as well now - FFS that man Levein is a plum, does he think we have the IQ of the average Jambo?

SirDavidsNapper
08-03-2018, 11:16 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-keeps-fingers-crossed-for-christophe-berra-and-john-souttar-1-4702295

Yas! Souter is out as well now - FFS that man Levein is a plum, does he think we have the IQ of the average Jambo?

He's an idiot

Geo_1875
08-03-2018, 11:26 AM

Can we be sure that Mitchell won't be starting tomorrow?

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Really hope the game isn't called out due to all these "injuries" to hearts players.

I seen a journalist sharing a pic of that Milinkovic fella with a "90 goals v hibs" DVD in his hand. That's the jambo mindset. Nothing else matters. No training or tactics chat in the last week. Purely been Levein engraining the hibs hatred and win at all costs mentality

Fortunately we have a squad far superior physically and mentally to them right now. NL will have us right up for it

Geo_1875
08-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Really hope the game isn't called out due to all these "injuries" to hearts players.

I seen a journalist sharing a pic of that Milinkovic fella with a "90 goals v hibs" DVD in his hand. That's the jambo mindset. Nothing else matters. No training or tactics chat in the last week. Purely been Levein engraining the hibs hatred and win at all costs mentality

Fortunately we have a squad far superior physically and mentally to them right now. NL will have us right up for it

Was he selling them round the pubs in Gorgie?

Golden Bear
08-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Can we be sure that Mitchell won't be starting tomorrow?

Yes.

Cabbage East
08-03-2018, 11:38 AM
The amount of injuries they have, we should seriously consider postponing the match. It's totally unfair on them :agree:

Levein is such a fanny.

Geo_1875
08-03-2018, 11:39 AM
Yes.

I'll wait and see :wink:

Jim44
08-03-2018, 11:45 AM
We should assume that Berra and Souter will both play and prepare accordingly. If one or both don’t play, their shape and approach won’t change so drastically that we won’t cope with the changes.

Hibbyradge
08-03-2018, 11:49 AM

That sounds like a good idea, actually.

Levein will remember how poorly they played in the 3-1 cup game when it looked like they weren't focused on the match.

If Milinkovic doesn't know how important these games are, he'll get the message watching that DVD.

We've got the better team, but it's going to be a tough, tough game.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2018, 11:54 AM

Yas! Souter is out as well now - FFS that man Levein is a plum, does he think we have the IQ of the average Jambo?Levein is out as well. Locked in ladbrokes toilet, you heard it here first.

wallpaperman
08-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Now being reported as well that Milinkovic is doubtful, at this rate they will have the whole team as being doubts.

If these players make the starting line up, an early 'firm' challenge on each of them is in order to test their resolve.

EH54
08-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Doesn't make a blind bit of difference CL trying everything possible to play mind games Lennon wont bite or set his team up any other way with our without these mediocre pish that could be out or not.

yonder1875
08-03-2018, 12:57 PM
I hope Berra and Milinkovic are out for them tomorrow.

matty_f
08-03-2018, 01:01 PM
I can't remember a derby where they haven't claimed at least one player was going to be doubtful.

TheReg!
08-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Doesn’t matter who plays for either team, it’s who wants it the most on the day, we’ve done them before when we had a makeshift team ( Casper game comes to mind). I think we will be right up for this game and hopefully we pump them!

Daydreamer
08-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Just heard David Gray and Brandon Barker are out for Hibs . You heard it here first

Kato
08-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Who is this Major Doubt anyway? Something to do with the McRae's Battalion?

hibbyfraelibby
08-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Who is this Major Doubt anyway? Something to do with the McRae's Battalion?

I think General Election, Corporal Punishment and Private N Confidential are also unlikely to start...

McSwanky
08-03-2018, 01:35 PM
I think General Election, Corporal Punishment and Private N Confidential are also unlikely to start...

:top marks:thumbsup:

Kato
08-03-2018, 01:37 PM

Sargeant Stripes?

NAE NOOKIE
08-03-2018, 01:44 PM

They must think our heads zip up the back ..... what's the next announcement going to be? Cochrane a doubt because his mum says he has to tidy his room and if he doesn't he wont be allowed out on Friday.

As it is, all this several of my players were playing through the pain barrier against Motherwell nonsense was just that IMO .... getting his excuses in early, which is just what you would expect from Potter.

Geo_1875
08-03-2018, 02:02 PM
They must think our heads zip up the back ..... what's the next announcement going to be? Cochrane a doubt because his mum says he has to tidy his room and if he doesn't he wont be allowed out on Friday.

As it is, all this several of my players were playing through the pain barrier against Motherwell nonsense was just that IMO .... getting his excuses in early, which is just what you would expect from Potter.

Exactly this. He'll be feeding the media this pish right up until kick-off and will probably only have 4-5 on the bench. If we give them the hiding they deserve he'll be able to refer back to all these "injuries" in the aftermath. Does anybody know if Malaury Martin is available for the game?

lapsedhibee
08-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Potter seems to believe that Hearts v Hibs is just the same as Huns v Celtc.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43328340

Apart from in the minds of a few neands in your support, it really isn't, Harry.

ancient hibee
08-03-2018, 02:04 PM
He gets to make excuses for both matches with one statement.He’s a past master.

CB_NO3
08-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Berra's concussion is ok, however he is getting an injection in his ankle to play tomorrow. He also had an injection against Motherwell.

KWJ
08-03-2018, 02:13 PM
Berra's concussion is ok, however he is getting an injection in his ankle to play tomorrow. He also had an injection against Motherwell.

Sort of. He said that following the tests they have said that it wasn't a concussion so he's okay to play.

If it was, presumably he wouldn't be playing. No concerns about the ankle thing, if he was to take one v Motherwell of course he'll take one v us.

andybev1
08-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Just heard David Gray and Brandon Barker are out for Hibs . You heard it here first

It was (is) in the interview Lennon gave yesterday - he hopes Barker will be fit for the first game of the split. David Gray was always not going to play.

Hibs4185
08-03-2018, 02:26 PM
What’s actually happening is they’re all coming into training shi**ing themselves a la craig Levein at Dens because they know they are due a total annihilation tomorrow and they can’t face it!

Hibbyradge
08-03-2018, 03:15 PM
It was (is) in the interview Lennon gave yesterday - he hopes Barker will be fit for the first game of the split. David Gray was always not going to play.

He was joking.

SirDavidsNapper
08-03-2018, 03:22 PM
Leveins interview was a chance for him to play down the natural order comment but instead the fool has ramped it up again. If they get beaten heavily he'll be to blame. Going to be some atmosphere at this game tomorrow.

JimBHibees
08-03-2018, 03:30 PM

Apart from in the minds of a few neands in your support, it really isn't, Harry.

Personally think he is right to say that it is the same. This game means as much to Hibs and Hearts fans as the Old firm games do to Celtic and Rangers fans and Dundee derby to United and Dee fans.

SideBurns
08-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Leveins interview was a chance for him to play down the natural order comment but instead the fool has ramped it up again. If they get beaten heavily he'll be to blame. Going to be some atmosphere at this game tomorrow.

Aye, he originally said he was just having a joke with the "natural order" keech. Now he has explained what he meant, which is still nonsense; it is "normal" for Hearts to win at least their fair share of derbies, but not that it is part of some "order" of things as different times and eras have seen one team or the other dominating. Muppet.

Alex Trager
08-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Personally think he is right to say that it is the same. This game means as much to Hibs and Hearts fans as the Old firm games do to Celtic and Rangers fans and Dundee derby to United and Dee fans.

I agree with this comment absolutely. Lennon didn’t seem to agree in his interview which irked me a little

SideBurns
08-03-2018, 04:08 PM
I agree with this comment absolutely. Lennon didn’t seem to agree in his interview which irked me a little

Did Lennon not just say that he, personally, didn't find them as intense in the build-up? I don't think he meant the fans of Hibs & Hearts care about their derby any less than those of the Glasgow teams do about their one! Given the massive media frenzy which surrounds every OF game, he'd have every right to suggest that, and in a good position to judge.

Sauzee16
08-03-2018, 04:13 PM

Lennon supports Celtic and played in that derby he’s entitled to his opinion.

For the fans it’s the biggest and most important. He’s a manager and not a fan unlike Potter.

flash
08-03-2018, 04:13 PM

Aye he probably misses being assaulted and the bullets in the post. What a lightweight.

Sauzee16
08-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Aye he probably misses being assaulted and the bullets in the post. What a lightweight.

To be fair he has been attacked by hearts supporters who have history of doing similar to Hibs players in derbies.

Alex Trager
08-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Did Lennon not just say that he, personally, didn't find them as intense in the build-up? I don't think he meant the fans of Hibs & Hearts care about their derby any less than those of the Glasgow teams do about their one! Given the massive media frenzy which surrounds every OF game, he'd have every right to suggest that, and in a good position to judge.

Yeah probably but for me I’ve been thinking about this game since we got beat by them.

It’s probably for the better he isn’t as involved as us?

I am not sure why it made me feel the way I did it just did.

Maybe it’s because he hasn’t been involved prior so doesn’t really buy into it all but he does with the OF.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Did Lennon not just say that he, personally, didn't find them as intense in the build-up? I don't think he meant the fans of Hibs & Hearts care about their derby any less than those of the Glasgow teams do about their one! Given the massive media frenzy which surrounds every OF game, he'd have every right to suggest that, and in a good position to judge.Good point. It's fair to say Neil's experienced the intensity surrounding the whole bigotfest more first hand than most and I'd respect his view.

Thankfully Hibs fans and Hearts fans for all our differences don't plumb the same depths even if the high of winning ultimately means as much as the football side of any derby win.

Alex Trager
08-03-2018, 04:21 PM

Aye that’s what I said

bingo70
08-03-2018, 04:33 PM

I agree with you.

I actually typed out a thread on the PM board saying I thought a couple of his comments yesterday were a bit strange. Decided not to post it though as I really like Lennon and know anything you disagree with that he does can get jumped upon as if you want him sacked, which I definitely don’t.

He’s rarely let us down in these big games so guess we just need to trust him, if I’m honest though I’d rather hear our manager playing up the importance of derbies than playing them down.

Alex Trager
08-03-2018, 04:35 PM
I agree with you.

I actually typed out a thread on the PM board saying I thought a couple of his comments yesterday were a bit strange. Decided not to post it though as I really like Lennon and know anything you disagree with that he does can get jumped upon as if you want him sacked, which I definitely don’t.

He’s rarely let us down in these big games so guess we just need to trust him, if I’m honest though I’d rather hear our manager playing up the importance of derbies than playing them down.

This is essentially where I am at.

I am not sure whether to be worried or not regarding it. But he has obviously had these thoughts since he was here and we’ve won two of the games so I obviously trust him

Deansy
08-03-2018, 04:40 PM

"I'm used to Hearts winning these fixtures," Levein said

Tell us, Rolf - how's your record look now it's a 'Level Playing Field' ? Or since your club's access to 'Other People's Money' was cruelly severed by administration ? ..................................

**** IT - HOW'S YOUR RECORD LOOK NOW SINCE YOUR CHEATING WAS STOPPED ??

lapsedhibee
08-03-2018, 04:52 PM

Are hospitals in Dundee and Edinburgh full of Hibs, Hearts, Dundee & United fans' wives after a bad result? :dunno:

Not In The Know
08-03-2018, 05:05 PM
I think Lennon is playing it down big time as he knows Potter loves the derbies more than anything else. Hes making it out its no big deal because all Potter had in his career was a twatty long unbeaten run against us. No cups, no medals nothing! Lennons quotes about its not all about beating hearts are easily translated into "you need to win trophies".

Make no mistake Lennon will be desperate to put one over him. The more Lennon plays it down the bigger a fool he makes of Levein.

Bostonhibby
08-03-2018, 05:06 PM
I think Lennon is playing it down big time as he knows Potter loves the derbies more than anything else. Hes making it out its no big deal because all Potter had in his career was a twatty long unbeaten run against us. No cups, no medals nothing! Lennons quotes about its not all about beating hearts are easily translated into "you need to win trophies".

Make no mistake Lennon will be desperate to put one over him. The more Lennon plays it down the bigger a fool he makes of Levein.[emoji106]

bingo70
08-03-2018, 05:10 PM

Make no mistake Lennon will be desperate to put one over him. The more Lennon plays it down the bigger a fool he makes of Levein.

Despite my earlier concern I did like the comment about his career not being defined by derbies. Imo that was a dig at Levein, there were also a couple of other comments I thought were discreetly directed towards him.

RoxburghHibs
08-03-2018, 05:11 PM

Spot on 👍🏼

Elephant Stone
08-03-2018, 05:18 PM

The Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies aren't the same, Neil Lennon probably knows that more than anyone.

The difference probably isn't clear to that Hibs-obsessed, antagonistic creep Levein though.

Alex Trager
08-03-2018, 05:22 PM
Despite my earlier concern I did like the comment about his career not being defined by derbies. Imo that was a dig at Levein, there were also a couple of other comments I thought were discreetly directed towards him.

I actually liked that and had forgotten it until now.

That is a great dig at Levein. What a superbly hidden dig he’s made there. I like it. A lot

WhileTheChief..
08-03-2018, 09:17 PM
If I’m honest though I’d rather hear our manager playing up the importance of derbies than playing them down.

Does it matter though? His approach has worked so far, why change it now?

Kirs Commons was on Sportsound earlier. He was saying that Lennon wanted his defenders cool, calm and collected before an old firm game. He liked a quiet dressing room and left it to Scott Brown to get things going on the pitch.

He didn’t do all the chest pumping stuff or loads of shouting despite the image the media have of him.

He also said that out of everyone in the dressing room Lennon understood the importance of a derby more than anyone else.

147lothian
08-03-2018, 09:19 PM

What a good post! Exactly how I interpreted the comments from Lennon, I take my of to you sir!

Eyrie
08-03-2018, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately for Hearts Blair Kinghorn (https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/six-nations/full-back-blair-kinghorn-set-for-scotland-take-off-on-wing-1-4702148), who would be an obvious replacement for Berra and Souttar, will be unavailable due to a prior commitment.

A strapping 6ft 4in, if still a tad coltish in weight, the big-booted Kinghorn’s youthful sporting all-rounder status is further enhanced by the fact he was briefly in the Hearts football academy. “I was a sweeper/centre back. Hoof it long,” he said with a smile of an ability he has transferred impressively to the oval ball.

JimBHibees
08-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Are hospitals in Dundee and Edinburgh full of Hibs, Hearts, Dundee & United fans' wives after a bad result? :dunno:

Clearly not the same thing.

Pagan Hibernia
08-03-2018, 10:07 PM

thats exactly how I interpreted that line too.

Lennon has won countless trophies as player and manager, even at Leicester. He’s not here to win derbies, as fun as that may be for us, he’s here to improve us as a club.

Under Levein Hearts are going backwards. The derby is literally all he has, and all he’s ever had. His career is an unerring catalogue of failure at every turn.

08-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Their season is as good as over and if they lose tomorrow it will be the final nail in the coffin.

Lennon doesn't need to get the players fired up, he will keep them calm because if we lose our cool then we run the risk of getting a stupid red card. Which is about the only way I can see us losing. Levein needs his players fired up and aggressive because they need to turn the game into a battle so for this one the bulldog clips on their willies will be extra small (for major tightness) to get maximum aggression.

Deansy
08-03-2018, 11:18 PM

Lennon has won countless trophies as player and manager, even at Leicester. He’s not here to win derbies, as fun as that may be for us, he’s here to improve us as a club.

Under Levein Hearts are going backwards. The derby is literally all he has, and all he’s ever had. His career is an unerring catalogue of failure at every turn.

Yup - it's like somewhere in the deepest, darkest place of his mind that WE are to blame for him ****tin-himself-blind in 1986 - robbing him of a chance of glory and, worse still, costing him a life-long friendship with 'Medals MacKay' - another maroon medal-less fud !

Pete
09-03-2018, 02:01 AM
We slate Levien but one thing he isn’t is daft and what he’s trying to do here is obvious.

These comments get under our players skin and what happens? One of our players gets wound up, sorts one of theirs out early on and he’s walking a tightrope or been sent off. Advantage Hearts.

He’s a fly Fifer who’s doing it with a barely hidden smirk so it’s time to ignore him. Calm, focused Hibs players will win the derby and that’s what Lennon is aiming for.

ekhibee
09-03-2018, 02:46 AM
What I want is Berra and Soutar to both be fit and ready to go, and us to beat Hearts comfortably. Otherwise Levein will just make the same excuses he always does.

Austinho
09-03-2018, 03:27 AM
David Milinkovic reported as doubtful with a knee injury now too, despite posting videos of himself on an excercise bike on instagram.

Think must think we were born yesterday.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-03-2018, 04:36 AM

I’ve always felt that Hearts used the Derby as a means to motivate and build a platform for league campaigns. If they’d started the leaugue poorly they saw the game as a means to revitalise/kickstart their season, So whilst they do fixate in their own way they do it with a bigger picture in mind,

Onion
09-03-2018, 04:40 AM
Levein isn't playing mind-games. His natural order comment was not some carefully considered jibe in the cold light of day, it was a knee-jerk reaction from a bitter, fan-boy who knew he was one defeat away from the sack. Some on here are giving the guy far too much credit for clever wind-ups.

Fact is, there is much more pressure on Hearts managers to win derby matches, because of their fans deluded sense of entitlement and obsession with Hibernian. Fail and they're immediately on a shoogly peg, irrespective of anything else they might achieve. Levein's team are miles behind us in the league, we've won the cup, and we're dominating them in derbies. That hurts like Hell. They know they'll struggle against us, as we've got a better team, which won't be intimidated (like so many Hibs teams before) and a manger who is a winner. Levein HAS to try everything he can to knock Hibs off their game pre-match as they are so far behind Hibs on the field.

Jim44
09-03-2018, 06:31 AM
Levein isn't playing mind-games. His natural order comment was not some carefully considered jibe in the cold light of day, it was a knee-jerk reaction from a bitter, fan-boy who knew he was one defeat away from the sack. Some on here are giving the guy far too much credit for clever wind-ups.

Fact is, there is much more pressure on Hearts managers to win derby matches, because of their fans deluded sense of entitlement and obsession with Hibernian. Fail and they're immediately on a shoogly peg, irrespective of anything else they might achieve. Levein's team are miles behind us in the league, we've won the cup, and we're dominating them in derbies. That hurts like Hell. They know they'll struggle against us, as we've got a better team, which won't be intimidated (like so many Hibs teams before) and a manger who is a winner. Levein HAS to try everything he can to knock Hibs off their game pre-match as they are so far behind Hibs on the field.

His comment was a childish ‘I’ll get my big brother to you and he’s bigger than your big brother.’ Playground fighting talk. :brokenyam:

Gmack7
09-03-2018, 06:51 AM
What I want is Berra and Soutar to both be fit and ready to go, and us to beat Hearts comfortably. Otherwise Levein will just make the same excuses he always does.
who cares what thst slavering gimp comes out with I hope they have injuries to their key players

Heisenberg
09-03-2018, 08:10 AM
He’s not very clever. I know he’s trying to be but he just can’t pull it off.

SirDavidsNapper
09-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Might be the usual pre game nerves kicking in but tonight reminds me of when Hibs travelled across the city around 10 years ago ravaged by injuries and massive underdogs and won 1-0. Riordan penalty im sure. Just goes to show anything can happen on the day. Hearts are very ordinary and their league position backs that up but they still have proven experienced players who can hurt us. I think we'll win the game but not wanting to get too cocky just incase!

Stewboy
09-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Has the Banderson headline 'Major boost for Hearts as Berra, Souttar & the winger are declared fit for derby' or will it be lunchtime it comes out?

Famous Fiver
09-03-2018, 09:17 AM
What happened to all the tripe we were fed that Hearts no longer considered us as opponents who did not appear anywhere on their radar? They had ' left us behind', were concentrating on league and European success and Hibs were no longer of any consequence.

Now, we see their true colours.

We define them. Their sole raison d'etre is to beat Hibs.

He is paranoid, jealous, and hugely complimentary to us that he can only measure success in local derby results.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2018, 09:36 AM
What happened to all the tripe we were fed that Hearts no longer considered us as opponents who did not appear anywhere on their radar? They had ' left us behind', were concentrating on league and European success and Hibs were no longer of any consequence.

Now, we see their true colours.

We define them. Their sole raison d'etre is to beat Hibs.

He is paranoid, jealous, and hugely complimentary to us that he can only measure success in local derby results.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.Having the stigma of putting themselves into administration seen an end to all that.

And of course Vlad had finished taking the piss out of the believers and drained the last cash he could out of them before disappearing over the horizon.

Not In The Know
09-03-2018, 09:54 AM
Potters wind ups are so childish they are now not even subtle. He is quoted as saying he's trying to get under our skin.

My favourite line was the more we attack the better it is for them. WHAT! stop the traffic he's going to play it tight at the back and try and hit us on the break....

Anyone who knows Lennon can they urgently get this information to him!

SirDavidsNapper
09-03-2018, 10:10 AM
Never mind out smarting the likes of Tito Vilanova and his all conquering Barca team. That's childs play compared to Levein. Lennon must be in awe of what Potter has achieved in the game and needs to seriously show him some respect. The Milinkovic/Berra/Souttar/John Robertson question must be giving him sleepless nights. Can't be easy for Lennon at all.

G B Young
09-03-2018, 10:36 AM
He’s not very clever. I know he’s trying to be but he just can’t pull it off.

That line he's now peddling about how they played so poorly at ER last time yet 'only lost 1-0', coupled with his claim that Neil Lennon was doing a lap of honour after such a supposedly narrow victory, is especially desperate. I can only assume his intention is to belittle the Hibs performance that night when it could easily have been 5-0.

'The better team won'. A quote you will never hear from Potter.

Souter96Mac
09-03-2018, 10:38 AM
So what's the injury list up to as it stands? Half the team, kit man and their stand?

Joe6-2
09-03-2018, 10:39 AM

I don’t care about him or his team, all I’m bother about is us beating them, no matter what!

Nicho87
09-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Injuries are so bad. Potter registering as a player to make tonight's squad.

Famous Fiver
09-03-2018, 10:59 AM
We don't have a cludgie big enough for him to hide in.

Aldo
09-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Potters wind ups are so childish they are now not even subtle. He is quoted as saying he's trying to get under our skin.

My favourite line was the more we attack the better it is for them. WHAT! stop the traffic he's going to play it tight at the back and try and hit us on the break....

Anyone who knows Lennon can they urgently get this information to him!

Potters other comment about a fine line better battling and playing football and he’ll have them playing!

Dan Sarf
09-03-2018, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=Aldo;5336571]Potters other comment about a fine line better battling and playing football and he’ll have them playing!

"The secret, I believe, in these fixtures is not to concentrate solely on the fighting and competing, but who can get the ball down and play the most football will have a chance of winning the match." Craig Levain.

Hoooooooooof!!!!

Deansy
09-03-2018, 11:52 AM
I’ve always felt that Hearts used the Derby as a means to motivate and build a platform for league campaigns. If they’d started the leaugue poorly they saw the game as a means to revitalise/kickstart their season, So whilst they do fixate in their own way they do it with a bigger picture in mind,

Nah - WE are always their 'bigger picture' - the derby-games are the 'Be-all and end-all' for them !

green day
09-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Have hearts actually sold all the tickets for tonight yet?

They were very slow to sell initially.

McSwanky
09-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Potters other comment about a fine line better battling and playing football and he’ll have them playing!

"The secret, I believe, in these fixtures is not to concentrate solely on the fighting and competing, but who can get the ball down and play the most football will have a chance of winning the match." Craig Levain.

Hoooooooooof!!!!

That is a belter of a quote from Levein. He's flapping!

Hibbyradge
09-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Nah - WE are always their 'bigger picture' - the derby-games are the 'Be-all and end-all' for them !

Is it really any different for us?

There's often almost as many threads on here about them as there are about Hibs.

sean04
09-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Berra soutter and the other boy are will be playing tonight. Dunno why there bothered with mind games. It's all about hibs tonight. Play how we can and it will be a very enjoyable night

Geo_1875
09-03-2018, 01:16 PM
We slate Levien but one thing he isn’t is daft and what he’s trying to do here is obvious.

These comments get under our players skin and what happens? One of our players gets wound up, sorts one of theirs out early on and he’s walking a tightrope or been sent off. Advantage Hearts.

He’s a fly Fifer who’s doing it with a barely hidden smirk so it’s time to ignore him. Calm, focused Hibs players will win the derby and that’s what Lennon is aiming for.

That's not a smirk, he's just trying to suck a grey pube from between his teeth.

mjhibby
09-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Indeed. Their obsession with Derby results is all consuming. I don't remember derbies winning you any trophies mind you.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Their left back situation is something we should be targeting tonight, Boyle (if he plays) has to try and exploit that weakness

flash
09-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Indeed. Their obsession with Derby results is all consuming. I don't remember derbies winning you any trophies mind you.

Pretty sure it did back in 2012 unfortunately for us.

mjhibby
09-03-2018, 01:45 PM
The only thing calculated thing about Potter is he Deliberately makes controversial comments so that people will be talking about him otherwise people would focus on their actual results and how poorly they are doing. His comment that they only lost 1-0 and they didn't play well sums him up. If they win won 1-0 then of course they played brilliant. So blinkered as a manager and he realises their fans have sussed him out.

Hermit Crab
09-03-2018, 01:46 PM

:agree:, fluffed our lines that day! Long time ago though, look at us now though! Regular 18'000/19'000 plus crowds, something not seen since the days of the terraces and a decent team on the park with a manager who knows what he's doing and how to get the best out of players.

mjhibby
09-03-2018, 01:49 PM

I think you know what I mean. League derbies wins are good but it how many points you get in a season that matter. As for 2012 it's actually now become a hindrance to them as we have come back much stronger than them. Oh the irony.

Thecat23
09-03-2018, 01:50 PM
I honestly think he’s lost it. He speaks like a man on death row rambling away trying to convince himself all will be fine.

I hope we dish out a real hammering and Lennon sticks it to him in his after match interview.

southsider
09-03-2018, 01:54 PM
The only thing calculated thing about Potter is he Deliberately makes controversial comments so that people will be talking about him otherwise people would focus on their actual results and how poorly they are doing. His comment that they only lost 1-0 and they didn't play well sums him up. If they win won 1-0 then of course they played brilliant. So blinkered as a manager and he realises their fans have sussed him out.
His p*sh about "they won 1-0 and done a lap of honour". What he failed to say that it was a Scottish Cup replay and we were "2-0 down with 20 minutes to go in the first game at their pit. And we were in a league below them at the time. And we went on to lift the Cup !

PatHead
09-03-2018, 01:56 PM
I think Berra will be out. Even they would not risk that surely. Sputter is the smokescreen. Hibs to win 3-1.

Thecat23
09-03-2018, 01:57 PM
I think Berra will be out. Even they would not risk that surely. Sputter is the smokescreen. Hibs to win 3-1.

Berra is fine apparently and it’s more his ankle he’d be struggling with. He’ll play along with Soutter.

theonlywayisup
09-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Re Levein, he's on my "ignore" list. I'm happy to listen to other managers/players to understand what motivates them, but not Levein.

Even if we hump them 4-0, he'll still not mention us by name, he'll not give us any credit, he'll give one or two reasons for the loss. He's best ignored.

I really hope we ram that "natural order" quote to those parts of his body that the sun doesn't shine.

"Cheer up Craig Levein.............."

:flag::flag::flag:

PatHead
09-03-2018, 02:02 PM
I’m sure that Levine was summariser at the 6-2 game on Radio Forth. He left before the end.

Hibee87
09-03-2018, 02:03 PM
At the end of the day, the fact that he and Hearts fans think what he says, whos playing, whos a doubt etc will affect or pre match preparation and game plan.
Lennon will have his team picked and training focused on that. The team infront of us is irrelevant as we all know we have the better players in almost every area of the pitch. As with any derby im nervous and not getting 'cocky' but we should be winning this with a fair bit to spare.

theonlywayisup
09-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Re the game today, the Hibees in the office were not surprisingly very confident, whilst the only Hertz fan I spoke to was resigned to a loss - he'd take a draw now if offered. He is quite a sensible one though!!

He felt that midfield was their biggest problem. It needed Berra and Souter to help them out, if they are out he feared the worst. His other worry was that the young laddies in midfield would be bypassed and they would play it long. He felt that if they could get decent ball to the forwards, then they would have a chance.

From what he says, sounds like the midfield battle is pivotal. Win that and that team will be most likely to win.

His other comment was he thinks their young midfield would struggle against Allan, McGinn, McGeouch etc.

IGRIGI
09-03-2018, 02:08 PM
I've started the pre match drinks and I have to say I'm extremely confident, almost taking it as a guaranteed 3 pointer, and that worries me a hell of a lot.

NAE NOOKIE
09-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Potters mind games are totally irrelevant to what will happen tonight. Neil Lennon will set up presuming that they will have their strongest team on the park barring the guys he knows are genuinely unavailable and that doesn't include Berra, Souttar or Malinkovic or whatever his name is.

This is a derby and nobody knows better than Lennon that if you fail to prepare properly and underestimate your opponent you will lose, no matter what team they put on the park .... the history of derby football is littered with the carcasses of teams who thought they just had to turn up, look at what happened in the next derby after we had won 7 - 0 at Tynecastle. Not to mention the fact that after being utterly annihilated at Ibrox Hibs went out the very next week and won a derby.

This Hertz team has gone toe to toe with all the teams in the top 6 this season and rarely come away with a hammering, the games have all been relatively close and the one that wasn't ended up in a 4 - 0 battering for the best team in the country.

I am not saying we wont win .... In fact if we can score a couple in the first half hour its not inconceivable that we could dish out the utter doing we all want to see and that they so richly deserve. But the fact is that Hibs haven't been in the habit of dishing out batterings to many teams this season even in games we have totally dominated and like it or not the Yams have the second best defensive record in the league and a decent keeper. Their problem is scoring goals, but heaven help any team that loses the first goal to them.

I've probably said it before, but I'll settle for a scrappy 1 - 0 win ...... anything better than that is just the cherry on the cake for me :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
09-03-2018, 02:37 PM

Exactly this. Its a deflection tactic to draw attention away from horrendous form and a cup exit.

Famous Fiver
09-03-2018, 03:41 PM
My opinion

Berra, Soutar, and Milinkovic (sp) will all play.

Combination of heavy tackling early on, dying swans as soon as they are touched, to try to get Hibs players booked/sent off.

Five across the back, five in midfield and hoping for a lucky pot shot from Laugherty.

Play football on the deck as indicated by Levein, nae chance.

ancient hibee
09-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Re the game today, the Hibees in the office were not surprisingly very confident, whilst the only Hertz fan I spoke to was resigned to a loss - he'd take a draw now if offered. He is quite a sensible one though!!

He felt that midfield was their biggest problem. It needed Berra and Souter to help them out, if they are out he feared the worst. His other worry was that the young laddies in midfield would be bypassed and they would play it long. He felt that if they could get decent ball to the forwards, then they would have a chance.

From what he says, sounds like the midfield battle is pivotal. Win that and that team will be most likely to win.

His other comment was he thinks their young midfield would struggle against Allan, McGinn, McGeouch etc.
Don’t think there will be too many youngsters in their midfield. It’ll be Cowie,Bauben and the new hammer thrower and Naismith hanging about somewhere.

Garymcl
09-03-2018, 04:39 PM
We as supporters can only do our part which means really getting behind the team right from the start making as much noise as possible throughout the game players in the past have mentioned how much the support played their part in our victories let's cheer every single tackle that goes in from us as I've always said in the past no point having a full house of hibbys if we don't get involved Ggtth

Aldo
09-03-2018, 04:40 PM
I have said this since the start of the week..... they will all play.

I hope Madden is strong this evening because I get a funny feeling there will be loads of fouls by them to try and break up play.

Stay disciplined and not get drawn into their pishy tactics of using every trick in the book to get a foul, a player carded or sent off!

SeanWilson
09-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Just on talk sport that they're out? (From a Jambo mate so dunno if it's true)...

Famous Fiver
09-03-2018, 04:47 PM
Talksport - Don't believe a word that's spoken on there. Wind up merchants, lowest form of radio.

Leveind - Don't believe a word he says. Wind up merchant, lowest form of human being.

1van Sprou7e
09-03-2018, 04:52 PM
I have said this since the start of the week..... they will all play.

I hope Madden is strong this evening because I get a funny feeling there will be loads of fouls by them to try and break up play.

Stay disciplined and not get drawn into their pishy tactics of using every trick in the book to get a foul, a player carded or sent off!

What makes you think that??

Aldo
09-03-2018, 04:56 PM
What makes you think that??

What makes me think what?

stevie-bee
09-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Just read Berra taking ian njection in his ankle to play

AugustaHibs
09-03-2018, 05:14 PM

Milinkovic has announced on his instagram he is out

Sauzee16
09-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Milinkovic has announced on his instagram he is out

Souttar too apparently. Very surprising.

Billy Whizz
09-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Souttar too apparently. Very surprising.

We’ll see

CentreLine
09-03-2018, 05:26 PM

But that's not where his head is :cb

Billy Whizz
09-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Jambos reckon this is their team

McLaughlin

Randall Hughes Berra Smith
Cochrane Adao Cowie
Naismith Moore
Lafferty

Can’t see them only going 3 in midfield

adhibs
09-03-2018, 05:35 PM
No chance players would be allowed to anounce there out on instagram. Will be at it.

Leith Green
09-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Couldnt give a toss what their side is . Bottom line is if we play to our potential then we will win.

highland hibbee
09-03-2018, 05:46 PM

McLaughlin

Cochrane Adao Cowie
Naismith Moore
Lafferty

Accotding to Don Cowies mother in law he’s struggling with a chest infection and isn’t expected to play. She told me that an hour ago

lapsedhibee
09-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Accotding to Don Cowies mother in law he’s struggling with a chest infection and isn’t expected to play. She told me that an hour ago

Potter's spin machine has tentacles everywhere.

Bostonhibby
09-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Accotding to Don Cowies mother in law he’s struggling with a chest infection and isn’t expected to play. She told me that an hour agoAt the rate they seem to be losing players I'm expecting doctor football to announce Don Cowies mother in law will be playing up front alongside laugherty.

Aldo
09-03-2018, 05:54 PM

McLaughlin

Cochrane Adao Cowie
Naismith Moore
Lafferty

Hope that’s their MF. The boy Adoa is a shoe in for an early yellow!

Not silly fouls in and around the box as I think set pieces is their best bet the night!

Stubbsyy
09-03-2018, 05:59 PM

McLaughlin

Cochrane Adao Cowie
Naismith Moore
Lafferty

Someone quoted him on jkb with this:

"Close but Cowie isn't starting , Godinho in at right back and Smith holding mid with Adao"

Smartie
09-03-2018, 06:03 PM
What do you call it when a team takes turns fouling and picking up yellow cards?

Whoever is playing for them tonight, that will be their number one tactic.

We need Madden to be on his game tonight, and for our best players to rise above the silly stuff.

Sauzee16
09-03-2018, 06:05 PM

So did the boy on loan. Berra has a fitness test he will probably pass.

Sauzee16
We’ll see

Fair point.

lapsedhibee
What do you call it when a team takes turns fouling and picking up yellow cards?

Rotational Pottering?

IanM
09-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Anyone know if the lane behind sainsburies is back open?