PDA

View Full Version : The west stand

Flanny boy
04-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Quick question. When hibs played aek Athens was the new west stand up then or still the old .thanks troops

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Quick question. When hibs played aek Athens was the new west stand up then or still the old .thanks troops

We were in the new one, I was in it that night

Gatecrasher
Yes it was, I was in it :greengrin

Pretty Boy

New. Opened the 1st game of that season v Kilmarnock. 2-2 draw.

Random trivia we also drew 2-2 in our other home game v Killie that season. A certain Eduardo Hurtado scored.

Flanny boy
04-03-2018, 08:14 PM

Random trivia we also drew 2-2 in our other home game v Killie that season. A certain Eduardo Hurtado scored.
Cheers p.b

Flanny boy
04-03-2018, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys ggtth

04-03-2018, 09:14 PM

What a strange concept. Team pulls down an old stand and builds new one to open at the start of the following season. Obviously not what Big Teams do.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 09:16 PM
What a strange concept. Team pulls down an old stand and builds new one to open at the start of the following season. Obviously not what Big Teams do.

An even more stranger concept is, team build 4 new stands and a training centre, for less, than Edinburgh’s big team can build one Mega Stand

We’ve also space to hugely increase capacity

04-03-2018, 10:47 PM
An even more stranger concept is, team build 4 new stands and a training centre, for less, than Edinburgh’s big team can build one Mega Stand

We’ve also space to hugely increase capacity

We're good but don't think we're that good!
What I was told was the cost to build East/West Stands plus HTC was less than Hertz spent on their main stand. You're right though Easter Rd still has potential for further development.

jacomo
04-03-2018, 11:54 PM

Mon the tank!

:greengrin

Just Jimmy
05-03-2018, 09:04 AM
Even stranger, team knocks down old stand and continues to play at home stadium albeit with a reduced capacity until new stand is built.

I remember getting pumped by Celtic in Stubbs come back game when the West was down. Libra scored 2 I think and it ended 5-2. Few weeks later we played them in the Scottish cup final.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
05-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Mon the tank!

:greengrin

Please no...a vision just came into my head of Ruth 'tankgirl' Davidson astride poor Eduardo. He was honking but nobodg deserves that.

Sauzee16
05-03-2018, 10:05 AM

We requested at least our first game was away from home and got scheduled in at home.

I think a Killie player scored early on and Le God scored the first hibs goal in my fresh new season ticket seat away over by the away fans. Moved back to the east the following season right enough.

Hibbyradge
05-03-2018, 10:07 AM
please no...a vision just came into my head of ruth 'tankgirl' davidson astride poor eduardo. He was honking but nobodg deserves that.

Hot!