PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Rogers on Scott Allan

Bobby Moore
04-03-2018, 03:29 AM
In today Sunday Herald & Scotland on Sunday (can’t do links) BR seem very amenable to a permanent deal for Scott to Hibs. Says he has no problems with him at all and gives him a good bit of praise for being a good lad who has never given him a problem he watched him on video versus Rangers and thought he was excellent. His contract at Celtic runs until the end of next season but some some players seem to be a fit at certain clubs and it seems that way with Scott and Hibs.
He is not so minded however with a view to permanent deal for Ryan Christie at Aberdeen which he describes as “a different scenario”
Very encouraging for us surely?

houstonhibbee
04-03-2018, 04:47 AM
In today Sunday Herald & Scotland on Sunday (can’t do links) BR seem very amenable to a permanent deal for Scott to Hibs. Says he has no problems with him at all and gives him a good bit of praise for being a good lad who has never given him a problem he watched him on video versus Rangers and thought he was excellent. His contract at Celtic runs until the end of next season but some some players seem to be a fit at certain clubs and it seems that way with Scott and Hibs.
He is not so minded however with a view to permanent deal for Ryan Christie at Aberdeen which he describes as “a different scenario”
Very encouraging for us surely?
sounds good. He does realize that Leigh and Hibs is also a good fit?

jijihibby
04-03-2018, 05:00 AM
It would be terrific if Hibs could get Scott Allan on a permanent deal.
I am still smarting over Liam Henderson going to Bari - and apparently doing very well - for reportedly £120K. Hibbie Henderson was another ''good fit'' at ER. I know with LH it is primarily a wages thing.
Maybe after he has made a bob or two in Italy we could expect him back - he is still a young man.

Heisenberg
04-03-2018, 06:23 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/brendan-rodgers-on-future-of-scott-allan-and-ryan-christie-at-celtic-1-4700157

Could also see Aberdeen making a move for Allan if they can’t keep Christie.

Not In The Know
04-03-2018, 08:48 AM
Celtic (Peter Lawell) will unfortunately price Allan out our range.

Brooster
04-03-2018, 08:51 AM
I think Allan and Christie may be part of the McGinn deal.

Aldo
04-03-2018, 08:51 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/brendan-rodgers-on-future-of-scott-allan-and-ryan-christie-at-celtic-1-4700157

Could also see Aberdeen making a move for Allan if they can’t keep Christie.

Aberdeen will be in the market for a couple of mid fielders but hopefully Scott Allan realises what he has here and we can get him signed up.

Getting SA on a permanent deal will soften the blow of losing SJM in the summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3pm
04-03-2018, 08:52 AM

That’d be some deal.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 09:19 AM
Ours if we can afford him say BR

Let’s see if we can get this sorted before the end of the season

Diclonius
04-03-2018, 09:26 AM
150k I heard.

:wink:

Bostonhibby
04-03-2018, 09:27 AM
150k I heard.

:wink:Let's get Petrie on the case right away. Pretty sure we'll get Griffiths in a bogof deal here.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
04-03-2018, 09:32 AM

That would be some deal. St Mirren would be getting stiffed out of their cash right enough.

TheReg!
04-03-2018, 09:34 AM
If we have ambitions to regularly break into the top 3 in the league, then having players with the ability of Scott Allan is a must! Next season is potentially one that we can really kick on if the club meet the ambitions of Neil, our biggest problem is replacing SJM with someone with his quality. If we finish the season on a high I.e top 3 then I can see us selling a further 1k on top of our already good ST sales of this season which will help secure better players. We’re deffo on the upward curve, long may it continue.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 09:34 AM
Sorry merge with other thread, I didn’t see it

LancsHibs
04-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Get it sorted👍

SirDavidsNapper
04-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Fs Petrie

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-03-2018, 09:38 AM

If McGinn is their target to replace Scott Brown then this may happen.

WhileTheChief..
04-03-2018, 09:45 AM
There’s not really been anything to link McGinn to Celtic, it just seems to be a given that he’ll go there?

We could easily have both Allan and McGinn here next season.

weecounty hibby
04-03-2018, 09:48 AM
With Scott Brown looking to extend his playing days by retiring from international duties I don't think SJM will be his replacement. Hopefully John has his sights set on a move south. I would rally hate to see him in that horrible strip
signing SA would be a good start for next year. Hopefully keep Dylan as well and that would be a great foundation to build on

jacomo
04-03-2018, 09:50 AM
That would be some deal. St Mirren would be getting stiffed out of their cash right enough.

Any kind of swap deal will have nominal valuations attached to it.

If it were to happen (not convinced, but then who saw the Bain-Allan-Murray deal happening) then it might require Hibs making a straight cash contribution to St Mirren.

Betty Boop
04-03-2018, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Allan went to Rangers. Still the team he supports after all.

JimboHibs
04-03-2018, 10:32 AM

What McGinn deal ? Has he signed a pre-contract or are you thinking aloud ??

southsider
04-03-2018, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Scott Allan went to Rangers. Still the team he supports after all.

Rodgers will never sell SA to them but it sounds like he would sell him to us.

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2018, 11:15 AM

If Allan stands out between now and the end of the season there will be interest in him from elsewhere and there will definitely be interest in Christie from a number of clubs if Celtic show any willingness to let him go. You would need either or both to agree to any swap deal for McGinn and once again wages would be the stumbling block .... Allan has a history of following the money and Christie would attract interest from a good number of clubs who can pay more than us.

If we get to the stage where we need to replace McGinn, McGeouch and Allan we are going to need to think out of the box ... in fact when you look at it come the summer we could be looking for practically a whole new team.

Ambrose ..... could well attract interest from clubs with more money than us.
Gray ..... has a shocking injury, no guarantee he will be fit for next season.
Whittaker .... hasn't proved to be the player we thought we were getting and nobody can deny it.
McGinn .... IMO he will be hugely disappointed if an offer doesn't come in from a decent club, he would see another two or three years at ER as his career stagnating.
McGeouch .... seems to be stalling over his new contract and Aberdeen seem interested, especially given McLean and Christie might not be there next year.
Allan .... As I said, it would take a change in mindset from him to sign on at Hibs permanently.
Barker .... Man City may well be looking to loan him to a championship club or even abroad ... its unusual for a player to spend two seasons on loan at one club.
McLaren .... Will almost certainly return to Germany, or look for a bigger club .... though he needs to start scoring for us soon if he wants to make the Aussie WC squad.
Kamberi .... doing so well I can see him returning to Switzerland and getting another go at his parent club.

It could be a long summer ... sigh :confused:

southsider
04-03-2018, 11:18 AM
What a ray of sunshine you are. Lol

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2018, 11:25 AM
What a ray of sunshine you are. Lol

I know mate :greengrin ..... But in all honesty its the situation we are possibly facing.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 11:32 AM
If Allan stands out between now and the end of the season there will be interest in him from elsewhere and there will definitely be interest in Christie from a number of clubs if Celtic show any willingness to let him go. You would need either or both to agree to any swap deal for McGinn and once again wages would be the stumbling block .... Allan has a history of following the money and Christie would attract interest from a good number of clubs who can pay more than us.

If we get to the stage where we need to replace McGinn, McGeouch and Allan we are going to need to think out of the box ... in fact when you look at it come the summer we could be looking for practically a whole new team.

Whittaker .... hasn't proved to be the player we thought we were getting and nobody can deny it.
McGinn .... IMO he will be hugely disappointed if an offer doesn't come in from a decent club, he would see another two or three years at ER as his career stagnating.
McGeouch .... seems to be stalling over his new contract and Aberdeen seem interested, especially given McLean and Christie might not be there next year.
Allan .... As I said, it would take a change in mindset from him to sign on at Hibs permanently.
Barker .... Man City may well be looking to loan him to a championship club or even abroad ... its unusual for a player to spend two seasons on loan at one club.
McLaren .... Will almost certainly return to Germany, or look for a bigger club .... though he needs to start scoring for us soon if he wants to make the Aussie WC squad.
Kamberi .... doing so well I can see him returning to Switzerland and getting another go at his parent club.

Kind of get your concerns, but it’s because we’re successful
Also we will have at least 3 young players featuring more next season, in Porteous, Shaw and Murray. We need to make room for them to develop as well

Betty Boop
04-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Rodgers will never sell SA to them but it sounds like he would sell him to us.

His contract is up in May so he would be a free agent.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 11:46 AM

He’s got at least another year at Celtic

silverhibee
04-03-2018, 11:48 AM

Did he not sign a 4 year deal at Celtc, think he still has 2 years left.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-03-2018, 11:49 AM
I know mate :greengrin ..... But in all honesty its the situation we are possibly facing.

Could be but our younger players are looking to be a cut above at the moment and look what we did the last time with fresh legs and a few shrewd experienced heads?

Lancs Harp
04-03-2018, 11:50 AM

No bother we're taking Debruyne and Aguero next season :wink:

Betty Boop
04-03-2018, 12:00 PM

Yea you're right .

scoopyboy
04-03-2018, 12:19 PM

This is his third season Silv and only has another one left.

2015/6 we won the cup, 2016/7 we won the first division and were now well through his third season.

Stevie Reid
04-03-2018, 12:22 PM

That would be an astonishing piece of business. Does Christie not have a few years left on his contact? Celtic seem to rate him.

SirDavidsNapper
04-03-2018, 12:28 PM

I'd be surprised after the hatred aimed towards him by the orks. He loved our latest win in Govan.

GreenOnions
04-03-2018, 01:02 PM
If we can persuade Scott Allan to sign a permanent contract with us in the summer that would be fantastic for us.

If we can keep McGinn and McGeouch even better. However, we have Slivka and Fraser Murray waiting in the wings already as well as big Marv for more defensive duties.

Should we sign Scott permanently but lose one or both of McGinn / Mcgeouch then it will soften the blow of losing any players and make it much easier for NL to ensure our midfield is still strong next season.

The Green Goblin
04-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Celtic can have SJM for Leigh, Brown and Allan. :greengrin

Yeah, I know. I'm just messing. I think SJM leaving is inevitable, but would love him to stay, obviously.

silverhibee
04-03-2018, 01:13 PM
This is his third season Silv and only has another one left.

2015/6 we won the cup, 2016/7 we won the first division and were now well through his third season.

Time has flown in since we won the cup, so possibly a year to go this summer, the worry is if he has a good half season with Hibs that it may alert clubs down south to take a chance on him and pay the wages he might be looking for, he won't go to the Rangers as Celtc would never sell to them, it's okay for Rodgers to say these things but Celtc will want a decent fee for him and Rodgers may not be the manager at Celtc after this summer and a new manager might want to give SA a chance.

keep the faith
04-03-2018, 02:17 PM
If Celtic are willing to do a deal then we should be doing it right now.
Allan will attract more and more attention as the season goes on and we have the guarantee that he fits our club.
Come on hibs, now that would definitely get the season ticket sales moving.

Lancs Harp
04-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Can we pay the wages hes likely to want? Must be earning a few quid on his Celtic contract.

Aldo
04-03-2018, 02:51 PM
I think if Moyes is still the manager of WHU come the summer then a bid for SJM will come in from them.

offshorehibby
04-03-2018, 03:29 PM
Apart form being a promising youngster at DU he's played his best football at Hibs, he's bombed every other place he's been. He needs to think of a bit stability, stick with Hibs continue playing good football in a good team and maybe start knocking on the door of the Scotland team. Or he could disappear back down south totally bomb again and watch his career head on a downward spiral.

Heisenberg
07-03-2018, 12:14 PM
https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/971369912433127425?s=21

Lennon says we should enjoy this midfield while they are here. Dylan keeping his options open. McGinn only got a year left. Allan coming permanently could be out of the question due to affordability.

hibsbollah
07-03-2018, 12:16 PM
I'm hearing 150k is the sweetener...

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 12:45 PM

If he was to go to Rangers he won’t come to us permanent after Celtic and would he risk playing for a lower side just in case? I actually think he will sign a long term deal with us and screw the nut. This story has many twists and turns to come.

guthrie01
07-03-2018, 01:50 PM

Well worth it if that is the price for Allan

cocopops1875
07-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Can we pay the wages hes likely to want? Must be earning a few quid on his Celtic contract.

That’s my thoughts, Chat about Allan and Christie coming in as part of a deal for SJM, Both of them will likely earn twice what SJM earns a week

Sauzee16
07-03-2018, 02:43 PM
That’s my thoughts, Chat about Allan and Christie coming in as part of a deal for SJM, Both of them will likely earn twice what SJM earns a week

John goes to Celtic Celtic partially pay some of Scott’s final years wage(with a pay off on understanding he comes to us) will get them a top player us a player we should be desperate to keep and get him partially off celtics wage bill.

JimboHibs
07-03-2018, 03:10 PM

You hear that direct from his agent ?

Monts
07-03-2018, 03:17 PM

Luckily we've still got that left over from the Griffiths deal

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Luckily we've still got that left over from the Griffiths deal

.. and a couple of bags of sweeties too.

hibsbollah
08-03-2018, 08:28 AM
You hear that direct from his agent ?

Those that know, wont say. Those that say, dont know:agree:

:hyper

Famous Fiver
08-03-2018, 03:36 PM
What about the rest of us?

ian cruise
09-03-2018, 07:27 AM
What about the rest of us?

I don't think Brendan Rogers mentioned us, just Scott Allan.