PDA

View Full Version : our strikers

Babyshamble
03-03-2018, 08:42 PM
What happens end of this season.do we keep kamberi & Maclaren or start again ?

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 08:46 PM
Keep Kamberi if he is happy.

xyz23jc
03-03-2018, 08:57 PM
In the words of SLF...."We just told 'em wait an see......!" Cryptic or what....! :greengrin

scuttle
03-03-2018, 09:00 PM
What happens end of this season.do we keep kamberi & Maclaren or start again ?

Probably start again, seems to be the norm in modern day football short term deals and loans. We have to trust Lennon to get it right and he has done so far IMHO

MartinfaePorty
03-03-2018, 09:02 PM
Lennon's comment after the Killie game that Kamberi was 'better than they thought' might suggest another year at least.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 09:04 PM
Lennon's comment after the Killie game that Kamberi was 'better than they thought' might suggest another year at least.

Yeah I think we may try take him long term as well.

ballengeich
03-03-2018, 09:09 PM
A lot depends on whether Grasshoppers see Kamberi as a promising player needing game time or as someone who hasn't quite made the grade with them.

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 09:15 PM
A lot depends on whether Grasshoppers see Kamberi as a promising player needing game time or as someone who hasn't quite made the grade with them.

We have an option to keep him I’m sure I’ve read.

Dalianwanda
03-03-2018, 09:16 PM
I thought we had an option in him at the end of the loan? It’s too early to tell with either at the moment, another few games should give a fairer idea. Delighted with them so far.

Niffy
03-03-2018, 09:17 PM
In the words of SLF...."We just told 'em wait an see......!" Cryptic or what....! :greengrin

Your not good enough no Your not good enough to be our striker.

Elephant Stone
03-03-2018, 09:28 PM

Hope so, I like the look of him so far.

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 09:30 PM
Hope so, I like the look of him so far.

Yep, I think he’s the type of striker we’ve needed. He seems a clever striker and gets himself into the right places.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Based on his 4 games, Kamberi looks good and I hope we keep him.

McLaren has a bit to prove yet.

It’ll be another summer where signing a striker is a priority.

DH1875
03-03-2018, 09:47 PM
We are probably looking at losing at least 4 midfielders so losing these two on top of that isn't gonna be ideal.

Scouse Hibee

Lennon said after the Aberdeen game that Mclaren was a far better player than they thought, I didn't realise he had said the same about Kamberi too.

BlackSheep

Sorry to be pedantic but the comment you are referring to was about Maclaren and was in the Aberdeen post match interview with Lennon.

https://youtu.be/DXkMgB-kNHw

Watch from 2mins in (or a few seconds before).

MartinfaePorty
03-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Damn, wasn't 100% sure as was listening whilst at work, so apologies!

BlackSheep
03-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Damn, wasn't 100% sure as was listening whilst at work, so apologies!

No probs... Kamberi is showing he is a good striker on the pitch and Lenny’s comments regarding Maclaren only show he is yet to show us just how good he is. Both positives and hopefully deals for both are in the works.

Is It On....
03-03-2018, 10:42 PM

Do we need "An alternative strikeforce"? Unfortunately some of our own could be described as having "A Wasted Life" 🙁

Ryan69
03-03-2018, 10:51 PM
Based on his 4 games, Kamberi looks good and I hope we keep him.

McLaren has a bit to prove yet.

It’ll be another summer where signing a striker is a priority.

If he thinks he is going to the World Cup...He has alot to prove!

Ozyhibby
03-03-2018, 10:57 PM
We have an option to take Kamberi on permanently but McLaren is out wit our control. Too early to make a decision on either but early signs are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
03-03-2018, 11:05 PM
At the moment, would take Kamberi. The lad's got goals

MacGruber
03-03-2018, 11:09 PM
I think keeping Kamberi and Simon Murray is a very good start. I think Lennon likes Murray however the opportunity arose to get Allan which was better for the balance of the team. I think it was a choice between 1 or the other with Dundee insisting he was the make weight. At the end of the season hopefully we keep Kamberi, Allan and get Murray back.
Shaw will be on a year and we use a chunk of the McGinn money (assuming sold) on another quality first choice striker. We won't keep McLaren. Would also use some of any sale of McGinn money to persuade Dylan to sign along with an offer for Allan. Could possibly see another loan for Barker.

Wishful thinking I know

.. Oh and a decent replacement for SJM

pacorosssco
03-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Who knows. Strikers can blow hot to cold or too hot we can't keep Agathe Libra Killen. Could he whole new front line next year

21sMay
04-03-2018, 02:26 AM
Marc libra..... what a player . oozed class

frazeHFC
04-03-2018, 08:17 AM
Although he's missed a fair few chances, I think McLaren links up well with Kamberi. Liking that strike force, although I think a front 3 of Boyle, Kamberi and Barker will be class.

Borderhibbie76
04-03-2018, 09:26 AM
Marc libra..... what a player . oozed classWasn't he just...brilliant player

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

xyz23jc
04-03-2018, 09:28 AM
Your not good enough no Your not good enough to be our striker.

:thumbsup:Like it!

xyz23jc
04-03-2018, 09:28 AM
Do we need "An alternative strikeforce"? Unfortunately some of our own could be described as having "A Wasted Life" 🙁

:thumbsup::agree: Good stuff!

we are hibs
04-03-2018, 09:34 AM
I like Maclaren and think he links up well with kamberi, some of the one two's between them have been class. I think people are going to be convinced by him when he scores against them on Friday :wink:

Forza Fred
04-03-2018, 09:39 AM
If he thinks he is going to the World Cup...He has alot to prove!

The new Socceroos coach is about to name a squad of 30 early next week for a couple of friendlies.

Be interesting to see whethe MacLaren is included.

Oz don’t have any real striking threat at the moment, other than 38 year old Tim Cahill, who continues to do the impossible....so Jamie may get a call up.

It will be a pretty close run thing though I think......but the new Dutch coach will obviously be aware of Hibs, so it may tip the scales in his balance.

Forza Fred
04-03-2018, 10:00 AM
The new Socceroos coach is about to name a squad of 30 early next week for a couple of friendlies.

Be interesting to see whethe MacLaren is included.

Oz don’t have any real striking threat at the moment, other than 38 year old Tim Cahill, who continues to do the impossible....so Jamie may get a call up.

It will be a pretty close run thing though I think......but the new Dutch coach will obviously be aware of Hibs, so it may tip the scales in his balance.

Incidentally, the friendlies are against Norway in Oslo on March 23, then against Colombia at Craven Cottage on the 27th.

hibbie02
04-03-2018, 10:39 AM
If we do qualify for the Europa League next season, it would be nice to have a stable, proven team to try and progress a few rounds. It does us no favours going into it with no game time behind us and trying to bed in new acquisitions. Think Malmo and Maribor recently.