PDA

View Full Version : Josh Taylor

southsider
03-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Looking forward to his fight tonight. Live on Channel 5 at 10pm. Go on Josh.

H18 SFR
03-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Sure he will win, I'd like to see him step up a good level or two after tonight.

hibbysam
03-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Undercard, which looks extremely mouth watering with Flynn vs Collins and 4 title fights, is live on Facebook (sportsbible if I remember right).

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Undercard, which looks extremely mouth watering with Flynn vs Collins and 4 title fights, is live on Facebook (sportsbible if I remember right).

Yep it is 👍🏼

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 04:57 PM
A 'keep busy' fight for Taylor until something bigger comes along. His last couple of fights were both potentially tricky and he took them in his stride. He'll win inside 6 tonight.

Babyshamble
03-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Looking forward to his fight tonight. Live on Channel 5 at 10pm. Go on Josh.

Cheers for the heads up.didnt know it was on cooncil telly nice one 👍

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 06:51 PM
A 'keep busy' fight for Taylor until something bigger comes along. His last couple of fights were both potentially tricky and he took them in his stride. He'll win inside 6 tonight.

Yeah I’d agree with this as well. I think he’ll win in 6 rounds. Can’t say I know much about Campos but very confident Taylor can take him out early!

Easton as well should win tonight, really rate Easton he’s a very good boxer and seems to have the power as well.

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Cheers for the heads up.didnt know it was on cooncil telly nice one 👍

All his fights under Barry Mcguigan (sp) are. Is young Easton on this evening too?

Babyshamble
03-03-2018, 08:52 PM
All his fights under Barry Mcguigan (sp) are. Is young Easton on this evening too?

Yip on the undercard mate

Mantis Toboggan
03-03-2018, 08:52 PM

Been on already. Sadly took a lot of heavy shots and lost.
Undercards is on Facebook only for some reason.

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Gutted for Easton, really fancied him tonight to win! Been training very hard for this fight. I’m sure he’ll come back stronger.

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Cheers guys rubbish to hear the highlights I think will be on after Joshs fight I think.

chinaman
03-03-2018, 09:12 PM
losing to glenn foot whos had double the fights of easton is not a shock.
i like jason but he gets involved too much in tear ups, if he uses his skills more he can come again hes young enough too.
hopefully foot will fight josh leather again...they dont like each other

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 09:17 PM
There was always the worry something like that could happen to Easton. He’s been in a few wars already, his last 2 fights especially, and if you keep getting hit eventually you lose.

He’s a good lad and a good boxer though and I’m sure his time will come again.

lord bunberry
03-03-2018, 09:20 PM
i like jason but he gets involved too much in tear ups, if he uses his skills more he can come again hes young enough too.
I agree about Jason. He needs to smarten up if he’s going to further in the game. He’s got the talent, he doesn’t need to get into a war in every fight.
Im hoping that the Taylor fight and the kell Brook fight don’t overlap, but obviously I will be watching josh if it does.

Hibby70
03-03-2018, 09:25 PM
I agree about Jason. He needs to smarten up if he’s going to further in the game. He’s got the talent, he doesn’t need to get into a war in every fight.
Im hoping that the Taylor fight and the kell Brook fight don’t overlap, but obviously I will be watching josh if it does.

Taylor and Brook on at the same time, so will be signing off from.here till I've watched both

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 09:26 PM
How unlucky was Charlie Flynn there? He was looking really good there and winning then another clash of heads means another TD.

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 09:27 PM

I think that’s just his style, likes to drag the fighter into a real scrap so to speak. I do agree he needs to use his boxing brain though and know when to do that as each fight will be different.

pacoluna
03-03-2018, 09:33 PM
Gutted for Easton, really fancied him tonight to win! Been training very hard for this fight. I’m sure he’ll come back stronger.

Was pretty convincingly beaten, gave him the 5th round but every other to Foot until KO. Foot was massively overpriced at 2/1.

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Was pretty convincingly beaten, gave him the 5th round but every other to Foot until KO. Foot was massively overpriced at 2/1.

2/1 does seem generous going by that performance.

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 09:55 PM

5 plus one for me. Watch Josh with a few more beers and a curry delivered.

lord bunberry
03-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Come on josh.

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 10:14 PM
I hate this clown of an announcer. He was pish at the Groves Eubank fight as well.

Benny Brazil
03-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Come on Josh - love the ring walk tune!

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Good start Taylor. Looking good when he gets close, Canpos looks like he'd prefer it to be fought at a big distance.

Benny Brazil
03-03-2018, 10:21 PM
This doesn't look like it will go the distance

Dinkydoo
03-03-2018, 10:22 PM
Early signs that Taylor has this within 4 for me. Campos doesn't look like an inside fighter at all and that's where the fights being fought.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ricky Bobby
03-03-2018, 10:23 PM
Josh not wasting any time here

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 10:24 PM
Boom. Down goes Campos again. This is over soon.

Ricky Bobby
03-03-2018, 10:25 PM
Fair play to Campos, hanging on

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 10:25 PM
This is a joke of a fight to be honest. Complete mismatch!

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Campos looks like he doesn't want to go out for another round. Thought he was staying on the stool for a second there.

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Early signs that Taylor has this within 4 for me. Campos doesn't look like an inside fighter at all and that's where the fights being fought.

Campos looks like a scared rabbit.

Benny Brazil
03-03-2018, 10:27 PM
Strange end - was going to happen eventually

RossScott1991
That guy is what you call...a bum!

Thecat23
Well that was ****. Taylor keeps it professional but I bet he could have ended that in the first if he really wanted.

Jones28
Blink and you'll miss it! Total mismatch.

Oscar T Grouch
03-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Usual case of a last minute substitute not being up to it. Taylor has way too much class for Campos. Soto would have been a good test for JT.

Dinkydoo
Strange end - was going to happen eventuallyGood refereeing there. Campos showing absolutely no desire to carry on the fight

Pretty Boy
Farce of a fight really. Campos didn't want to be there in that last round and practically sat down as soon as he took a half decent shot.

Suppose when it was all arranged at short notice you can only fight what's available.

crash
03-03-2018, 10:30 PM
That was a mismatch

Benny Brazil
03-03-2018, 10:31 PM
Good refereeing there. Campos showing absolutely no desire to carry on the fight

Yes he saved him from any serious harm - but Josh didn't seem to land anything to heavy when the guy went down

Dinkydoo
03-03-2018, 10:32 PM
Farce of a fight really. Campos didn't want to be there in that last round and practically sat down as soon as he took a half decent shot.

Suppose when it was all arranged at short notice you can only fight what's available.My Spanish isn't quite good enough for lip reading (yet :wink:) but at the end of round 2 it looked like he was telling his coach he didn't want to continue. Think he knew he had no chance and instead of fighting on and taking unneccessary damage he took the easy/sensible route of quitting whilst it was still his choice.

Ref doesn't call it and he's out cold by round 4/5 imo.

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 10:33 PM
Yes he saved him from any serious harm - but Josh didn't seem to land anything to heavy when the guy went down

Guy didn't want to go out for the 3rd round. Spat his gumshield out at the end of the 2nd, sat with his head down and took an age to get off his stool at the start of the 3rd. First chance to get out of there he took.

Take nothing away from Taylor who done what he had to do.

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 10:33 PM

Correct nothing heavy there at all, the boy seemed happy to just get out that ring. His body language as well told a story he looked petrified!

Mantis Toboggan
03-03-2018, 10:34 PM
I hate this clown of an announcer. He was pish at the Groves Eubank fight as well.

Total cheese merchant. Appalling.

ballengeich
03-03-2018, 10:37 PM
It looked a mismatch, but please don't criticise Campos who was the guy who could have been badly hurt.

If you're going after someone go for Campos's handlers who should have withdrawn him after round 2, or above that the promoter who brought in an inadequate replacement when Taylor's original opponent had to pull out through injury.

Babyshamble
03-03-2018, 10:40 PM
It looked a mismatch, but please don't criticise Campos who was the guy who could have been badly hurt.

If you're going after someone go for Campos's handlers who should have withdrawn him after round 2, or above that the promoter who brought in an inadequate replacement when Taylor's original opponent had to pull out through injury.this .well said 👍

Dinkydoo
03-03-2018, 10:41 PM
Yes he saved him from any serious harm - but Josh didn't seem to land anything to heavy when the guy went downI agree. I thought he was complaining about a push or a back of the head shot before getting right back up.

Looking at the replays again, he was also taking a knee due to simply being overwhelmed. It was a total skill mismatch and I think he knew it (see my other reply). Someone taking your back in a fight is usually a sign of much superior skill.

Add to that, the other knockdowns were mostly due to his legs being unable to keep up with the pace of the fight, which meant his balance was everywhere and that puts your body/head in really awkward positions to counter. At that stage staying upright is difficult.

Zazu62
03-03-2018, 11:00 PM

Nah not for me I think he’s quality. Really got the crowd going in Riga for Briedes/Usyk

Sauzee16
04-03-2018, 12:21 AM
Campos was brought in at the last minute to stop a refund in tickets was he not?

Baader
04-03-2018, 12:29 AM
Not his fault but Campos should not have been in the same ring as JT.

southsider
04-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Not his fault but Campos should not have been in the same ring as JT.

Josh is very heavy handed and his body shots are bombs. World title at ER before the year ends please Barry.

The_Horde
04-03-2018, 12:29 PM

I think he had more to offer but never looked keen from the start. Am I right in saying he's training for a fight at the moment and seemingly in good shape and that's why they threw him in?

Is it possible he didn't want to risk himself for his own, more important, fight?

H18 SFR
04-03-2018, 01:01 PM
Josh is very heavy handed and his body shots are bombs. World title at ER before the year ends please Barry.

In theory I want this but want a good playing surface more so they can have the fight at Ainslie Park.

maturehibby
04-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Could he not fight Cum Dog next
Would have given him a better fight

pacoluna
03-06-2018, 06:18 PM

Just been told that Easton has lost his licence due to assault charge.

CraigHibee
03-06-2018, 06:54 PM

Yeah it's in the media now

Pretty Boy
03-06-2018, 07:38 PM

Was shocked when I first heard this.

He’s a good lad and, whilst not condoning what he has done in any way, I can only assume it’s been a moment of madness. A timely reminder that every action has consequences I suppose.