jst1875
03-03-2018, 09:31 AM
Is that just outside Macmerry?

it's nearer pencaitland

03-03-2018, 10:22 AM
anyone else here for the derby ?

I sure will !

You should pop in to the Step Inn in town and introduce yourself to Mark behind the bar,a big Hibs fan, most nights apart from Saturday.
Almost certain game will be on there next Friday.Tell him I sent you,he will know who it was.

The Great news is we will soon have a Hibbie friendlybar of our own as Mark is opening his own place in the next few weeks, so all Hibee will be having a friendly bar to go to football or no !:greengrin

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Monktonhall 7
03-03-2018, 11:15 AM
I sure will !

You should pop in to the Step Inn in town and introduce yourself to Mark behind the bar,a big Hibs fan, most nights apart from Saturday.
Almost certain game will be on there next Friday.Tell him I sent you,he will know who it was.

The Great news is we will soon have a Hibbie friendlybar of our own as Mark is opening his own place in the next few weeks, so all Hibee will be having a friendly bar to go to football or no !:greengrin

Although John at the Flower of Scotland is a Hun, he's a decent guy and will definitely put the game on. Loads of Tellys in the Flower.

03-03-2018, 11:28 AM
I watched Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 at ibrox earlier this season in the flower of scotland pub. There ended up maybe 5 or 6 Hibs fans in there watching it .. A right Hun boozer , including all the pish that goes with it , all the sectarian pish , that said the guys couldnt have been any sounder with us to be fair though and i respected that as i had my wee laddie with me..

InchHibby
03-03-2018, 11:35 AM
I watched Hibs beat Rangers 3-2 at ibrox earlier this season in the flower of scotland pub. There ended up maybe 5 or 6 Hibs fans in there watching it .. A right Hun boozer , including all the pish that goes with it , all the sectarian pish , that said the guys couldnt have been any sounder with us to be fair though and i respected that as i had my wee laddie with me..

I was in there once myself watching Hibs gub them, Johns a real Hun but a sound bloke.

03-03-2018, 01:00 PM

Glad all went well for you and the others who mentioned the "flower" but living here over many years,sorry just No,Hun central and do not be fooled by the name.

IMHO but ,it is based on a long standing awareness of the place and its customers.

Monktonhall 7
03-03-2018, 01:08 PM
Glad all went well for you and the others who mentioned the "flower" but living here over many years,sorry just No,Hun central and do not be fooled by the name.

IMHO but ,it is based on a long standing awareness of the place and its customers.

Dunno if you've been in the Flower recently, but it's been done up, and all the Hun photies etc have gone. had a few good nights there at the beginning of Feb.

03-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Dunno if you've been in the Flower recently, but it's been done up, and all the Hun photies etc have gone. had a few good nights there at the beginning of Feb.

There was a big ulster flag on the wall when we were in, maybe put up on match days. Pishy songs about all that stuff playing too.

03-03-2018, 01:16 PM

Well you missed a "fine" night last week with the Huns favourite dittis being belted out through the evening,really charming it was........not.

There was no game on just the punters enjoying their tribal rites.

To each their own I suppose.

03-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Watched the Brondby away game at O'Connors Irish Bar. Went into the Flower of Scotland one evening but felt it was a wee bit Hunnish and was only a couple of months after the Cup Final so wasn't sure if they'd have been so accommodating to Hibbys.

jst1875
03-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Watched the Brondby away game at O'Connors Irish Bar. Went into the Flower of Scotland one evening but felt it was a wee bit Hunnish and was only a couple of months after the Cup Final so wasn't sure if they'd have been so accommodating to Hibbys.

was in the flower last nite, apart from the bar being moved since I was last there, not much has changed, it's looks like it will be the step in for me next week or possibly the bell

03-03-2018, 01:38 PM
was in the flower last nite, apart from the bar being moved since I was last there, not much has changed, it's looks like it will be the step in for me next week or possibly the bell

Bell is a fine choice if your up the hill,nice owner and staff ,a good fitba bar,there is a Hibs strip on the wall too.

03-03-2018, 02:48 PM
I sure will !

Where's he opening his own place. Been over there the last couple of January's, the Stepinn's a good friendly place and Mark was chuffed when we said we were Hibbys. Still never made the Flower of Scotland, it just looks a hunish type of place.

jst1875
03-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Bell is a fine choice if your up the hill,nice owner and staff ,a good fitba bar,there is a Hibs strip on the wall too.

seen the strip on the wall 😀, as long as I find a pub with no puddle drinkers for company I'll be happy, and a hibs win
of course 😁😁😁

03-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Has the flower of Scotland always been a Hun pub? I remember being there a few years ago and I can’t say I noticed.

04-03-2018, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=offshorehibby;5331221]Where's he opening his own place. Been over there the last couple of January's, the Stepinn's a good friendly place and Mark was chuffed when we said we were Hibbys. Still never made the Flower of Scotland, it just looks a hunish type of place.[/QUOTE

He just got keys,completely gutting what was the "Plaza" on the Town Hall Square ,diagonally opposite Step Inn,)opening in a few weeks as a Tapas Bar with colonial Spanish/Cuban theme,one for the pints and also for the more discerning partners in our lives.

However still having to earn his coin so still working at Step Inn for the next few weeks.

05-03-2018, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=offshorehibby;5331221]Where's he opening his own place. Been over there the last couple of January's, the Stepinn's a good friendly place and Mark was chuffed when we said we were Hibbys. Still never made the Flower of Scotland, it just looks a hunish type of place.[/QUOTE

He just got keys,completely gutting what was the "Plaza" on the Town Hall Square ,diagonally opposite Step Inn,)opening in a few weeks as a Tapas Bar with colonial Spanish/Cuban theme,one for the pints and also for the more discerning partners in our lives.

However still having to earn his coin so still working at Step Inn for the next few weeks.

There was a building on the corner i think getting gutted a few weeks back i'm guessing it is that.

05-03-2018, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=hhibs;5331911]

There was a building on the corner i think getting gutted a few weeks back i'm guessing it is that.

On the other side Offshore,near town hall.Think it was either Kings or the Fado Portuguese you saw being gutted.

Work on Havana has just started but going well.