PDA

View Full Version : Scottish FA vs SPFL

steelendhibs
03-03-2018, 08:05 AM
I realise the pitches and facilities are on the whole better, but how can ALL SPFL games be off and the cup games on? Apparently some Morton fans haven't had their tickets delivered for today's game. Farcical. There should have just been a blanket decision to accancel all games across the country. Thoughts?

Big_Franck
03-03-2018, 08:08 AM
I realise the pitches and facilities are on the whole better, but how can ALL SPFL games be off and the cup games on? Apparently some Morton fans haven't had their tickets delivered for today's game. Farcical. There should have just been a blanket decision to accancel all games across the country. Thoughts?

I disagree. There's barely enough games on to make out a bet as it is. Last thing we need is more postponements :greengrin

Feel for the Morton fans that havent received their tickets though.

weecounty hibby
03-03-2018, 08:10 AM
It's a disgrace that these four games are going ahead. This is all to do with a panic about getting matches played before the ludicrous split happens and completely ignoring safety concerns. And yes I'm aware that it's two different bodies who govern two different competitions but they will have spoken about it

Green Man
03-03-2018, 08:22 AM
It’s because the cup games are on TV.

Keith_M
03-03-2018, 08:34 AM

Which makes them impervious to the bad weather.

CentreLine
03-03-2018, 08:43 AM

It could simply be that the weather has improved, roads are open, buses and trains are running and football fans generally manage to get along to games. Why exactly is the problem?
Slightest bit of frost and snow and the fo H&S brigade are all over it. Still the best match I ever witnessed was played Ne’er Day 1973. A game that would have been cancelled these days 0-7.

Green Man
03-03-2018, 10:02 AM
A game being on TV shouldn't stop it from being postponed, but it is an additional consideration. I imagine Sky will be very keen to have the cup ties going ahead, especially as any rescheduled ties would likely clash with European ties, thus preventing their broadcast.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2018, 10:04 AM
If Hibs or Hearts had been at home today in the League, I’m sure the games would be on

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 10:17 AM

Killie going up to Pitodrie isn’t.

Green Man
03-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Killie going up to Pitodrie isn’t.

Fair point.

Sylar
03-03-2018, 11:33 AM

Based on the sparse attendance at Parkhead, most of the Celtc fans mustn’t have received their tickets either, which is odd, as Sky said they were “out in force” for today’s game. It’s about 2/3 empty.