PDA

View Full Version : Weekend games

Pages : [1] 2 3

hibbysam
01-03-2018, 02:49 PM
St Johnstone v Hamilton off.

Both clubs could face a horrendous pile up. Accies have 7 games to play by the split, while st Johnstone have 6. If Aberdeen killie doesn’t beat the freeze on Saturday it gets replayed on Tuesday, meaning Killie st Johnstone will be off on Wednesday.

With a full week set aside for internationals then it’s looking fairly grim for fitting the games in. Especially as Kilmarnock, st Johnstone and Hamilton all play each other in these games in hand, so they can’t be in the same night(s). Of course it also affects us, regarding the Hamilton fixture. Very surprised they haven’t fast tracked that to this coming Tuesday to get it out of the way.

Ilovehibs
01-03-2018, 02:53 PM
St Johnstone v Hamilton off.

Both clubs could face a horrendous pile up. Accies have 7 games to play by the split, while st Johnstone have 6. If Aberdeen killie doesn’t beat the freeze on Saturday it gets replayed on Tuesday, meaning Killie st Johnstone will be off on Wednesday.

With a full week set aside for internationals then it’s looking fairly grim for fitting the games in. Especially as Kilmarnock, st Johnstone and Hamilton all play each other in these games in hand, so they can’t be in the same night(s). Of course it also affects us, regarding the Hamilton fixture. Very surprised they haven’t fast tracked that to this coming Tuesday to get it out of the way.

They may still do that but are probably put off setting the date for tuesday so long as this weather continues.
Let's hope it's not on Tuesday night. Far too close to the derby.

hibbysam
01-03-2018, 03:04 PM
They may still do that but are probably put off setting the date for tuesday so long as this weather continues.
Let's hope it's not on Tuesday night. Far too close to the derby.

Not a lot of choice.

Hamilton then play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.

Then it is international week, where Scotland play weekend and following midweek.

Then it is the final week of the season with games on both weekends, so only conceivable time to catch up is that midweek.

This means including next midweek we have two midweeks left.

If the Kilmarnock st Johnstone game is also postponed next week due to a cup call off then I don’t see any other option other than us playing next week.

Since90+2
01-03-2018, 03:04 PM
If we were going to play Hamilton on Tuesday it would need to be announced pretty soon , can't see that happening as the parties involved are probably not even at work to put the arrangements in place.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2018, 03:08 PM
Makes the winter break look all the more ridiculous. 3 games in 5 days, no games for 2 weeks then 5 in 13 days and now more fixture congestion because winter in Scotland doesn't fit an easy to identify pattern.

hibbysam
01-03-2018, 03:09 PM
If we were going to play Hamilton on Tuesday it would need to be announced pretty soon , can't see that happening as the parties involved are probably not even at work to put the arrangements in place.

If it doesn’t happen then we will either have to play during the international week (no chance) or Hamilton will be playing twice one midweek.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Not a lot of choice.

Hamilton then play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday.

Then it is international week, where Scotland play weekend and following midweek.

Then it is the final week of the season with games on both weekends, so only conceivable time to catch up is that midweek.

This means including next midweek we have two midweeks left.

If the Kilmarnock st Johnstone game is also postponed next week due to a cup call off then I don’t see any other option other than us playing next week.

The final week of the season you refer to is only the final weekend before the split. There's then another 5 matches to be played.

They could wait and play our match v Hamilton after the split, assuming that the match won't affect the outcome of which teams are in the top/bottom six, which it almost certainly won't.

hibbysam
01-03-2018, 03:38 PM
The final week of the season you refer to is only the final weekend before the split. There's then another 5 matches to be played.

They could wait and play our match v Hamilton after the split, assuming that the match won't affect the outcome of which teams are in the top/bottom six, which it almost certainly won't.

Isn’t there already a midweek game after the split? I doubt they’ll be happy going against the grain and letting a top 6 vs bottom 6 match take place during the split..

Another issue is that the Killie, St Johnstone and Hamilton mini series is guaranteed to have a bearing on top/bottom 6.

Col2
01-03-2018, 03:38 PM
Why can’t we play it on Saturday? Or Sunday?

Since90+2
01-03-2018, 03:40 PM

Pitch / surrounding area might not be playable.

Billy Whizz
01-03-2018, 03:40 PM

Play what game

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 03:42 PM

:faf: Stop it!

Billy Whizz
01-03-2018, 03:43 PM
What’s the snow like round ER/Leith area
I live opposite side of town

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Isn’t there already a midweek game after the split? I doubt they’ll be happy going against the grain and letting a top 6 vs bottom 6 match take place during the split..

Another issue is that the Killie, St Johnstone and Hamilton mini series is guaranteed to have a bearing on top/bottom 6.

I'm sure games between top six and bottom six teams during the post split period has happened before. I think there is one midweek set of fixtures during this time. It wouldn't surprise me if they schedule our game for then.

hibbysam
01-03-2018, 03:46 PM
I'm sure games between top six and bottom six teams during the post split period has happened before. I think there is one midweek set of fixtures during this time. It wouldn't surprise me if they schedule our game for then.

Hamilton would kick up a stink if they are fighting relegation and have to play a top 6 side during that run IMO.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2018, 03:47 PM
What’s the snow like round ER/Leith area
I live opposite side of town

Not stopped in Leith all afternoon. More constant than yesterday at the same time.

GreenCastle
01-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Are the offices even open with the league ?

Surely a decision would have been made if we were to play Tuesday ?

Lots to sort for the club and fans before Tuesday.

Does the league management committee (is there such a thing?) not need to meet to decide ? Which probably won’t take place till Monday if this is what they do.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Winter break is a shambles. Top 6 split an even bigger shambles. Both these things are contributing to far too many games needing squeezed into too small a window.

Borderhibbie76
01-03-2018, 08:06 PM
Let's hope it's not on Tuesday night. Far too close to the derby.Won't be Tuesday now far too little time to prepare everything

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
01-03-2018, 08:08 PM
If it doesn’t happen then we will either have to play during the international week (no chance) or Hamilton will be playing twice one midweek.Simple solution is play it international friendly weekend and don't allow any of our players away with Scotland...simples. it's only friendlies

B.H.F.C
01-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Simple solution is play it international friendly weekend and don't allow any of our players away with Scotland...simples. it's only friendlies

Can’t quite see the likes of McGinn not wanting to go away with Scotland.

Can’t just refuse to let them go anyway.

Borderhibbie76
01-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Can’t quite see the likes of McGinn not wanting to go away with Scotland.

Can’t just refuse to let them go anyway.Well then we don't play that weekend....bloody needless international friendlies does my head in ...we have no competitive action for months there is really no need whatsoever

hibbysam
01-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Well then we don't play that weekend....bloody needless international friendlies does my head in ...we have no competitive action for months there is really no need whatsoever

We don’t decide on international weekends, fifa does an the fact there’s a World Cup around the corner then of course they will be having a break. It gives Eck a chance to start to mound a squad together for the games later in the year. SFA would’ve been mad to miss out on the chance of games.

hibbyfraelibby
01-03-2018, 10:38 PM
We don’t decide on international weekends, fifa does an the fact there’s a World Cup around the corner then of course they will be having a break. It gives Eck a chance to start to mound a squad together for the games later in the year. SFA would’ve been mad to miss out on the chance of games.

Hamilton can play St Johnstone on the weekend of international break as they have no players selected for anyone as far as I can see and certainly not 3 players to trigger a postponement. They can play on the Friday and then another match can be scheduled for the Monday.

hibbysam
02-03-2018, 07:54 AM
Hamilton can play St Johnstone on the weekend of international break as they have no players selected for anyone as far as I can see and certainly not 3 players to trigger a postponement. They can play on the Friday and then another match can be scheduled for the Monday.

You don’t need three players in the premiership, you don’t have a game so nothing to postpone.

BoomtownHibees
02-03-2018, 08:00 AM
Hamilton would kick up a stink if they are fighting relegation and have to play a top 6 side during that run IMO.

Does it really matter if they have to play us before or after the split? No reason to kick up a stink, they are fighting relegation already

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2018, 09:28 AM
Simple solution is play it international friendly weekend and don't allow any of our players away with Scotland...simples. it's only friendlies

We have players that play for other countries other than Scotland.

Borderhibbie76
02-03-2018, 09:31 AM
We have players that play for other countries other than Scotland.Very true...April it is then

we are hibs
03-03-2018, 12:38 PM
Mark McGhee on commentary for the Celtic Morton game. Finding him really tedious already. Good start from Morton

Sylar
03-03-2018, 12:41 PM
His monotone voice is difficult, but give me McGhee over Andy Walker any day of the week.

Morton starting positively. What a pitiful attendance.

Fife-Hibee
03-03-2018, 12:42 PM
WTF Where are they all 😮

Hiber-nation
03-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Mark McGhee on commentary for the Celtic Morton game. Finding him really tedious already. Good start from Morton

It's pretty obvious he isn't good at anything these days.

Thecat23
03-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Has Mark McGhee got the most boring voice in football? Him and Levein would put you to sleep.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2018, 01:23 PM
McGhee isn't great but he's a lot better than listening to Jamie Carragher for 90 minutes. I've had to give up watching the Burnley-Everton game because of it.

It's a struggle to listen to him when he's doing half time analysis but at least that's only for a few minutes. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put him on commentating duties.

Hiber-nation
03-03-2018, 01:44 PM
McGhee isn't great but he's a lot better than listening to Jamie Carragher for 90 minutes. I've had to give up watching the Burnley-Everton game because of it.

It's a struggle to listen to him when he's doing half time analysis but at least that's only for a few minutes. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put him on commentating duties.

Don't mind him at all. McGhee is tortuous.

Brightside
03-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Is Mark McGhee got the most boring voice in football? Him and Levein would put you to sleep.

Mark McGhee is a fud.

lord bunberry
03-03-2018, 01:45 PM
There’s almost as many Morton fans as Celtic fans at this game.

sleeping giant
03-03-2018, 01:47 PM
I feel like greeting listening to McGee.
He makes the Reverend I.M. Jolly sound ecstatic .

Deary me

lord bunberry
03-03-2018, 01:49 PM
1-0 Celtic

kaimendhibs
03-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Could McGhee sound less interested?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

hibby6270
03-03-2018, 01:55 PM
Mark McGhee is a fud.

You’re right and he’s just proved it.

“Really was a prestigious leap by Dembele”, the latest prodigious cock up comment he’s uttered today.

Pretty Boy
03-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Surely we aren't having a pop about the attendance given the threads on here about travel conditions over the last few days?

lord bunberry
03-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Surely we aren't having a pop about the attendance given the threads on here about travel conditions over the last few days?
We are. Morton fans have turned up in good numbers, but the best fans in the world have decided not to bother. If it had been rangers they were playing it would be sold out.

mjhibby

Far too much like common sense. Behave yourself.

hibby6270
Mark McGhee is a fud.

You’re right and he’s just proved it.

“Really was a prestigious leap by Dembele”, the latest prodigious cock up comment he’s uttered today.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2018, 02:23 PM
We are. Morton fans have turned up in good numbers, but the best fans in the world have decided not to bother. If it had been rangers they were playing it would be sold out.

Correct.

Jim44
03-03-2018, 02:30 PM
I’m pleased that Celtic won today. It keeps the Jambo route to the final potentially harder and a chance for a Europa League Place for the 4th in the league.

WoreTheGreen
03-03-2018, 02:34 PM
I’m pleased that Celtic won today. It keeps the Jambo route to the final potentially harder and a chance for a Europa League Place for the 4th in the league.

Yes hate myself for willing them to win

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Who was the bore on co commentary?
Glad Celtic are through hopefully nobody else wins the cup.

WoreTheGreen
03-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Monotone McGhee

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Monotone McGhee

Thanks it was like pulling teeth.

bingo70
03-03-2018, 03:23 PM
Good result for us Celtic winning, Aberdeen winning is good as well.

Guessing Rangers are playing tomorrow? I don’t say this lightly but reluctantly hope they win as well. Hate myself for saying that, I’m away to punch myself in the face.

B.H.F.C
03-03-2018, 03:40 PM

Guessing Rangers are playing tomorrow? I don’t say this lightly but reluctantly hope they win as well. Hate myself for saying that, I’m away to punch myself in the face.

We will finish fourth at worst so any two of those three reaching the final will do nicely as it guarantees us Europe. All would likely beat Hearts as well.

southsider
03-03-2018, 03:42 PM

If we finish 3rrd or 4th we will be in pre-qualifiers for Europa League right ? Anyone know when games will be played ?

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 03:43 PM

I’m the same. They play Falkirk at home tomorrow after hertz on cooncil telly. That will all change if Motherwell pump Hearts, I’ll hope Falkirk then beat the huns.

Sauzee16
03-03-2018, 03:45 PM
If we finish 3rrd or 4th we will be in pre-qualifiers for Europa League right ? Anyone know when games will be played ?

28th June or 2 weeks later depending on the round.

southsider
03-03-2018, 03:49 PM

Cheers

Sir David Gray
03-03-2018, 03:51 PM

If we finish 4th we'll only be in the Europa League if the Scottish Cup winners have finished in the top 3.

We would be playing 12/19 July.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2018, 03:54 PM

That's not right. 28th June is the preliminary round for teams from small nations like San Marino, Faroe Islands, Kosovo etc.

We would enter at the first qualifying round on 12/19 July.

bingo70
03-03-2018, 03:56 PM
I’m the same. They play Falkirk at home tomorrow after hertz on cooncil telly. That will all change if Motherwell pump Hearts, I’ll hope Falkirk then beat the huns.

Even if Motherwell win I still want rangers to get through.

Really wanting one of the current top three winning the cup.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Even if Motherwell win I still want rangers to get through.

Really wanting one of the current top three winning the cup.

I would rather we finished in the top 3 and see Rangers get pumped tomorrow but otherwise I agree!

bingo70
03-03-2018, 04:04 PM
I would rather we finished in the top 3 and see Rangers get pumped tomorrow but otherwise I agree!

Think that goes without saying.

If rangers do get beat I won’t be crying into my cornflakes, in fact I’m sure I’ll more than enjoy it, but on paper I think the rangers winning is likely to be of most benefit to us.

calumhibee1
03-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Hope Celtic win the cup. Also hope Aberdeen, Rangers and Motherwell win their ties.

lord bunberry
03-03-2018, 04:10 PM
I’m watching the Watford game, if this is the best league in the world the games ****ed. Dreadful stuff.

Jim44
03-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Hope Celtic win the cup. Also hope Aberdeen, Rangers and Motherwell win their ties.

Killie equalise v Dons. Boyd penalty.

southsider
03-03-2018, 04:44 PM
The quality of the game sounds dreadful. Hardly a decent move in the whole game. Killie should have had a pen in first half too.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2018, 04:46 PM

If we don't finish in the top 3, I hope Aberdeen win the cup.

one day maybe...
03-03-2018, 04:48 PM
A replay at that gash park would be nice. Killie have a fixture congestion anyway and Aberdeen won’t like a midweek trip to Ayrshire

hibbysam
03-03-2018, 04:50 PM
If we don't finish in the top 3, I hope Aberdeen win the cup.

And go even further clear of us in terms of finance? The gap between us and Celtic can’t get any bigger, we have a realistic chance of alcompeting with Aberdeen and the less cash they see the better.

southsider
03-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Got your wish.

Onion
03-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Extra game for Killie and Dons is no bad thing for our push for 3rd.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Killie drawing today’s give them a bit of a fixture headache
Te arranged game against Hamilton will now have to be are arranged
Also gives Aberdeen 3 games in a week, so good news for Hibs, providing we can capitalise on it

southsider
03-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Aberdeen now have to go to Rugby Park on that so called pitch.

SirDavidsNapper
03-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Say what you want about Boyd but he knows how to find the net

Nakedmanoncrack
03-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Only 8,739 at Pittodrie despite a good travelling support.

WoreTheGreen
03-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Say what you want about Boyd but he knows how to find the net

And the buffet

southsider
03-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Tbf a lot of roads in the North are still snowbound.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2018, 05:30 PM
And go even further clear of us in terms of finance? The gap between us and Celtic can’t get any bigger, we have a realistic chance of alcompeting with Aberdeen and the less cash they see the better.

The Scottish Cup doesn't get that much in prize money in the grand scheme of things. I would rather Celtic didn't win another treble and I would rather see hell freeze over than see Rangers win anything. I don't care about Aberdeen and if we weren't competing for Europe, I wouldn't mind if Motherwell were to go on and win it but if we finish 4th and are depending on the Scottish Cup winners finishing in the top 3, my preference would be Aberdeen.

hibsbollah
03-03-2018, 05:47 PM
Liverpool pass and move an absolute joy to watch first 15 mins. 0-0.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Liverpool pass and move an absolute joy to watch first 15 mins. 0-0.

Not for me, far too pedestrian need to lift the tempo a bit and inject some pace.

hibsbollah
03-03-2018, 06:03 PM
Not for me, far too pedestrian need to lift the tempo a bit and inject some pace.

Benitez is a master of this sort of deep defending, he won't let the front three get behind. It must be 80% possession so far.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2018, 06:09 PM
Yaaas Salah 1-0

hibsbollah
03-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Yaaas Salah 1-0

Great work from the Ox. He's so much better than he gets credit for.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2018, 06:18 PM
Great work from the Ox. He's so much better than he gets credit for.

Yeah has really benefited from the move to Liverpool, grown in confidence as he has settled in and began to demonstrate his ability.

hibbysam
03-03-2018, 06:30 PM
The Scottish Cup doesn't get that much in prize money in the grand scheme of things. I would rather Celtic didn't win another treble and I would rather see hell freeze over than see Rangers win anything. I don't care about Aberdeen and if we weren't competing for Europe, I wouldn't mind if Motherwell were to go on and win it but if we finish 4th and are depending on the Scottish Cup winners finishing in the top 3, my preference would be Aberdeen.

Two huge gates at Hampden plus the merchandise, it would make them a hell of a lot of money, just like it did us two years ago.

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Nice football from Liverpool 2-0

HibbyAndy
03-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Nice football from Liverpool 2-0

Brilliant football for 2-0

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2018, 07:24 PM
How the linesman didn't give the ref some help and tell him it was a foul at end of Liverpool game is beyond me. Foul and a red card all day long.
Still, 2-0 and second place will do.

renato
03-03-2018, 07:41 PM
Napoli - Roma on BT Sport shortly, really looking forward to this one.

Bloody Juventus last minute goal again for 0-1 at Lazio, only a point separating them and Napoli still, proper title race.

hibsbollah
03-03-2018, 07:50 PM

Bloody Juventus last minute goal again for 0-1 at Lazio, only a point separating them and Napoli still, proper title race.

Is the Milan Derby tomorrow?

renato
03-03-2018, 07:56 PM

Yep, absolutely massive game.

1-1 already in the Napoli game, this is going to be a cracker...

Mantis Toboggan
03-03-2018, 07:56 PM

Some start to the Napoli game. So open.
And there's the first just gone in..

Gogs07
03-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Motherwell for the cup!

The poppy stealers will play fo a 0-0 and hope for more cash from a replay!!

However, the Well should win 2-0 and stop the inbred from enjoying a day oot for the semi!:greengrin

renato
03-03-2018, 07:58 PM
Some start to the Napoli game. So open.
And there's the first just gone in..

That’s only the 3rd goal Napoli have conceded in the league this year, scary defensive record, given how good they are going forward and how many goals hey score. No danger this’ll end 1-1..

renato
03-03-2018, 08:15 PM
My days, 1-2 Roma, Dzeko. Brilliant goal.

renato
03-03-2018, 08:17 PM
Roma are like a much more expensive version of us, great start to the season then fell away due to a sticky spell, inconsistent and really unlucky at home, imperious away form...

hibsbollah
03-03-2018, 08:30 PM
I like that Naingollan boy. Is he playing? He's been injured I believe. Always has that swagger.

renato
03-03-2018, 08:35 PM
I like that Naingollan boy. Is he playing? He's been injured I believe. Always has that swagger.

Yep, he’s shaved his crazy Mohican off. Good player.

renato
03-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Dzeko just scored, 1-3. What a goal.

Can’t believe how fortunate Juve are...

hibsbollah
03-03-2018, 09:20 PM
Dzeko just scored, 1-3. What a goal.

Can’t believe how fortunate Juve are...

I just hope they mess up the run in. Can't see it though.

renato
03-03-2018, 09:22 PM
Alisson has literally singlehandedly kept Roma in this, he must have saved closed to 10 times from Insigne.

renato
03-03-2018, 09:24 PM
1-4 Roma. Unbelievable...

lord bunberry
03-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Yep, absolutely massive game.

1-1 already in the Napoli game, this is going to be a cracker...
I backed Milan to win on penalties during the week, but in truth they’re not a good team. Gattusso has got his work cut out with that mob.

hibsbollah
03-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Alisson has literally singlehandedly kept Roma in this, he must have saved closed to 10 times from Insigne.

Someone will be paying ridiculous money for him in the summer. His saves shots ratio has apparently been ridiculous for a good while now.

renato
03-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Cleared off the line by Roma, what a game.

renato
03-03-2018, 09:32 PM
I backed Milan to win on penalties during the week, but in truth they’re not a good team. Gattusso has got his work cut out with that mob.

Tidy wee sum?

Milan were pretty toothless against Lazio but they’ve actually been on a incredible run lately, rolling everyone over until the cup game.

They’re still not a great team but they’re actually a very good one (finally). I think Arsenal will get a wee surprise if they underestimate them.

hibsbollah
03-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Tidy wee sum?

Milan were pretty toothless against Lazio but they’ve actually been on a incredible run lately, rolling everyone over until the cup game.

They’re still not a great team but they’re actually a very good one (finally). I think Arsenal will get a wee surprise if they underestimate them.

Gattusos a fighter. Useful in a derby.i think they'll win it. I'll be watching Marseille on the other side :greengrin

renato
03-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Mertens with a consolation, 2-4. On chances it should have been 4-4 at least!

Jones28
03-03-2018, 09:40 PM
And the buffet

He may look overweight but the guys a machine, a real nightmare for defenders. He may have lost a bit of pace but he keeps banging them in.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Just seen Broadfoot with a ball to hand that was a penalty last week but waved away by the referee this time.

JimBHibees
03-03-2018, 10:49 PM
How bad was the penalty decision for Celtic killing that game about a yard outside the box. Beaton really is an atrocious ref.

Albanian Hibs
03-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Just seen Broadfoot with a ball to hand that was a penalty last week but waved away by the referee this time.

Same type of handball in the Liverpool game which they didn't get a penalty for.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2018, 12:07 AM
Same type of handball in the Liverpool game which they didn't get a penalty for.

Agreed, an almost identical situation which me and my laddie mentioned as soon as it happened.

Sauzee16
04-03-2018, 12:22 AM

Yes tomorrow night. I’ll be limping large on Milan since I’ve been informed correctly the turn around they have had recently.

angus hibby
04-03-2018, 09:57 AM
Just seen the Celtic goals. The penalty is a foul outside the box but I don’t blame the ref for that, it’s an understandable mistake. However, a Celtic players runs right through the D before Dembele hits the penalty! Having run through the D, he’s almost in the box as he hits the pen. How one of the officials doesn’t spot this is unbelievable.

Aldo
04-03-2018, 11:53 AM
It pans me to say it but I cannot see anything but a Yams victory today. Not many goals in it with a few dodgy decisions going their way (as usual)

Pretty Boy
04-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Hope Motherwell do the business today. No chance Hearts are winning the cup but I don't even want 8000 or so off them getting a day out at Hampden. A defeat for them today would ensure another early end to their season.

DarlingtonHibee
04-03-2018, 12:17 PM
Anyone know if I can watch this on my phone despite my location.

Future17
04-03-2018, 12:20 PM

Now postponed along with all other Serie A games after death of Davide Astori.

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Looking forward to Well v Jam tarts

Hope Motherwell can progress, with a thumping win

lord bunberry
04-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Come on Brighton 1-0 up at home to Arsenal. They were a great price.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Anyone know if I can watch this on my phone despite my location.

You can watch it on the BBC iplayer. Just set your location to Scotland and you'll be fine.

sleeping giant
04-03-2018, 01:54 PM
Looking forward to Well v Jam tarts

Hope Motherwell can progress, with a thumping win

What station is it on BW?

Sir David Gray
04-03-2018, 01:54 PM

BBC 1 Scotland.

hibee_girl
04-03-2018, 01:56 PM
2-0 Brighton

Jack Hackett
04-03-2018, 01:56 PM

BBC One Scotland

Hibbyradge
04-03-2018, 01:57 PM
Sky seem to be a bit lax with the replays today. There's been 2 or 3 incidents which I'd have liked to see again, but nothing.

Great cross 2 - 0

Sir David Gray
2-0 Brighton

sleeping giant
BBC 1 Scotland.

Excellent .
Cheers:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
BBC 1 Scotland.

Online as well

Jack Hackett
2-0 Brighton

Seeeagulls, Seeeagulls :greengrin

bingo70
04-03-2018, 01:58 PM
2-0 Brighton

Wenger surely got to be getting sacked in the coming days.

hfc rd
04-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Arsenal 😂😂😂😂

Golden Bear
04-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Battle of the bruisers coming up shortly on the beeb. It will be gory stuff, surprised it's allowed on before the 9pm watershed.

Fife-Hibee
04-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Rolf Harris saying Hearts won’t win the league while Rangers and Celtic are still here ! When did they go 3rd’ must have missed it ! 😂

hibee_girl
04-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Arsenal score, 2-1

Pretty Boy
04-03-2018, 02:12 PM
Looks a pretty good Hearts support tbf to them.

Northernhibee
04-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Been saying since 2010 or so that Arsenal need a change of manager. It'll be years and years before they can challenge again. Such a slow but notable decline.

Hibbyradge
04-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Brighton all over the place. Arsenal hit the post.

SirDavidsNapper
04-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Hopefully Motherwell hammer them

Sir David Gray
04-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Motherwell goal chalked off.

Pretty Boy
High quality start at Fit Park, an overhit cross, a foul and 2 minutes of pinball.

hibee_girl
Motherwell goal disallowed :rolleyes:

Aldo
Dodgy decision 1 from Dallas in favour of yams and then go up other end

SirDavidsNapper
Rolf Harris saying Hearts won’t win the league while Rangers and Celtic are still here ! When did they go 3rd’ must have missed it ! 😂

Hearts wont win the league with Hibs and Aberdeen still here either

GlesgaeHibby
04-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Typical Hearts luck. Motherwell goal chopped off.

Jim44
Outrageous decision.

Aldo
And a yellow card for Well CH

cabbageandribs1875
that is one absolutely scandalous decision by Dallas to chalk that goal off

JohnM1875
How on earth was that disallowed?! Criminal decision.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Dallas must surely get pulled up for that one. That is a real shocker.

Pretty Boy
Why was that disallowed? The rule is you can't take the ball off the keeper when he has it under control, I'm not sure that applies there.

LithgaeHibby
04-03-2018, 02:21 PM
How many times do they get away with it. Nothing wrong with that.

DH1875
How is that not a goal :confused:

rotherhamrob
Shocking decision for them again

Liam978
Looks a pretty good Hearts support tbf to them.

Good support aye and don't know why I'm even attempting to watch this but, who was the arrogant little prick that disrespected the Motherwell players at the prematch handshake,

Aldo
I stand by my post from earlier regarding dodgy decisions in favour of that mob!

col02
The two dirtiest teams in the league facing up. Referee better make sure his pencil is sharpened.

Mr Grieves
04-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Without a doubt, the jammiest team on the ****ing planet.

How many dodgy decisions this season?

col02
#pleasing

Sir David Gray
1-0 Motherwell

BullsCloseHibs
Yes!

GlesgaeHibby
Motherwell score :thumbsup:

Aldo
Keeper boo boo number 2 but didn't get away with it this time!

Pleasing

hibee_girl
That one counts though :thumbsup:

JohnM1875
Nevermind.1-0 Motherwell now :)

erin go bragh
Ha ha , get in there 1-0 well

HibbyAndy
This oan telly ?

Billy Whizz
Why was that disallowed? The rule is you can't take the ball off the keeper when he has it under control, I'm not sure that applies there.

Only had one hand on the bill, was never in control of it

WhileTheChief..
Best goal ever!!!!!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
is that one ok Dallas ?? :thumbsup:

DH1875

Is the rule not both hands?

Goal Motherwell :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
That is a piece of comedy genius.

Halmyre Hibee
04-03-2018, 02:23 PM
Well done....haha
1-0 should be 2.

BullsCloseHibs
What a fzzz up by their GK!! 😁

Onion
Yam goalie and defence looks pretty solid :greengrin

hibee_girl
this oan telly ?

bbc1

Sir David Gray
this oan telly ?

bbc 1

weecounty hibby
Hahahahaha. The scottish Zico dummies one and the new Buffon can't keep it out. Fannies

Coco Bryce
😂😂😂😂

WhileTheChief..
this oan telly ?
bbc1

johnbc70
Justice

GlesgaeHibby
That is a piece of comedy genius.

Callachan leaving it for the goalie. Priceless :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
Well stretching Hearts out wide. 2 balls into the box, 1 goal disallowed, 1 good clearance.

Yeeees goal from a corner. Best keeper in the world is having a mare, good decision making from Rossy boy as well.

BullsCloseHibs
Yam goalie and defence looks pretty solid :greengrin

Solid as the snow melting outside their stadium

SteveHFC
Pleasing :faf:

Mikey
04-03-2018, 02:24 PM
That's the funniest goal I've seen in a long time :hilarious

LithgaeHibby
Oh dear they looked pretty silly there. Same again on Friday please.

rotherhamrob
Justice served with a dollop of comedy

Mr Grieves
Keeper is having a mare, superb!

Heisenberg
Should be 2 zip. Comical defending.

cabbageandribs1875
we want :7: but :6: is acceptable

andybev1
:hug: rofl :aok:

Halmyre Hibee
04-03-2018, 02:25 PM
Dallas must surely get pulled up for that one. That is a real shocker.

SFA will do nothing. Silence after the Lennon/Clancy indident other than citing Lennon.

Col2
Kickback already on lock down. Jeez it’s only 6 mins in 😂

CentreLine
That one counts though :thumbsup:

Shouldn’t count. Didn’t hit the net 🤨

Aldo
04-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Wonder how many dying swans we will see from Berra, Laugherty and Nausmith?

Billy Whizz
04-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Motherwell bullying them so far, can’t see this ending 11 aside

iwasthere1972
04-03-2018, 02:27 PM
This oan telly ?

It's on the Comedy Channel Andy.

HibbyAndy
bbc1

bbc 1

Thank you :aok:

worcesterhibby
Have just watched 5 mins of the Hearts match..the ball has yet to touch the grass. Brutal.

johnbc70
Why no shirt sponsors for Hearts?

Aldo
Motherwell bullying them so far, can’t see this ending 11 aside

Agreed.

Few yam red cards would be pleasing

HibbyAndy
It's on the Comedy Channel Andy.

:greengrin

Anyone got a clip of the goal. Sounds amusing.

greenlex
04-03-2018, 02:28 PM
That's the funniest goal I've seen in a long time :hilarious

The greatest defence in the history of football .😂😂😂😂

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2018, 02:29 PM
can't be long until FT shirly

BullsCloseHibs
04-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Laughfarty just got called a child molester by a Well fan. Any truth in that?

Gogs07
04-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Yaaaassss!!:thumbsup:

SirDavidsNapper
Sickback on lockdown

silverhibee

Was just about to ask this.

iwasthere1972
Laughfarty just got called a child molester by a Well fan. Any truth in that?

Yes. I've seen a Motherwell fan.

SirDavidsNapper
04-03-2018, 02:31 PM

Too big a club for a sponsor

weecounty hibby
04-03-2018, 02:32 PM
I feel sorry for the ball!!

Aldo
04-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Slight touch and they fall down.... Time and time again

Mikey
04-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Why is the head of referees commenting on the disallowed goal? Would he have said anything if it was the wrong decision?

CentreLine
Levein saving his superstar fullback for Hibs. Sums him and his club up

Is It On....
Kickback already on lock down. Jeez it’s only 6 mins in 😂

And they have the cheek to have a go at .net 🙄

Onion
Naismith is garbage, but still got it when it comes to going to ground.

DH1875
04-03-2018, 02:34 PM
That shirt is honking.

Aldo
We must get the ball down and play on Friday Night and not get drawn into a game of Hoofball

Pretty Boy
How much are they paying Naismith a week? Guy still looks miles off the pace.

dchibs
04-03-2018, 02:35 PM

Charities have sussed them out.

Pretty Boy
04-03-2018, 02:35 PM
The secret to playing that Hearts back line is press them high. They are hitting the panic button when put under pressure. We have to go 2 up top v them and both Kamberi and McLaren will play them high which should mean chances.

we are hibs
04-03-2018, 02:37 PM
I tell you what, we play like we did against the sheep and we will give them a sore one. Naismith looks rotten, like they've been sold a pup with him. Lafferty is a lanky awkward untalented tramp too

Glory Lurker
This isn’t the best football match i’ve ever seen.

The Modfather
It’s like watching a different sport watching these two. HOOF!

bingo70
04-03-2018, 02:38 PM

As predicted by a few on here but everyone who did was told they were just being bitter and jealous.

There’s a perception that every player that ever plays in England must automatically stroll our premier league.

Mikey09
Naismith is garbage, but still got it when it comes to going to ground.

Naismith is far from garbage.

Pretty Boy

Cracking pass by Lafferty to set up a Motherwell attack a couple of minutes ago though.

Viva_Palmeiras

Perhaps they separated out the latter rounds as an option to fleece sponsors more / get an alternative. And they had their bluff called

bingo70

I’m enjoying it.

cabbageandribs1875
lol@co*kring adding on a few wee rolls

Sauzee16
04-03-2018, 02:40 PM
You can watch it on the BBC iplayer. Just set your location to Scotland and you'll be fine.

Or go through it the bbc app. ‘Mom the ‘Well into they spawny Gimps

Aldo
The secret to playing that Hearts back line is press them high. They are hitting the panic button when put under pressure. We have to go 2 up top v them and both Kamberi and McLaren will play them high which should mean chances.

Agreed PB.

There also seems space in behind their wing backs which will hopefully be exploited!

Sauzee16
Charities have sussed them out.

Like.

One Day Soon
04-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Ah, bloodsport! Didn't realise it was on council telly for me to watch. I'll need to split between that and the snooker final though. Money to be made...

erin go bragh
04-03-2018, 02:42 PM
50k a month :)

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2018, 02:43 PM
does the commentator truly love berra ?

SirDavidsNapper
Agreed PB.

There also seems space in behind their wing backs which will hopefully be exploited!

Hopefully NL watching this closely

andybev1
Motherwell looking good (good enough anyway). good defending too.

iwasthere1972
04-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Good to see the 'Well players getting stuck into the cheats.

One Day Soon
04-03-2018, 02:44 PM

But not too closely, don't want his eyes bleeding...

Pretty Boy
04-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Dallas showing a good understanding of advantage there.....

Aldo

He will be.

Tell you what that boy Adoa or whatever his name is should have been booked there!

cabbageandribs1875
lol@ murrawell fan giving it large to soapy soutter

One Day Soon
Dallas showing a good understanding of advantage there.....

You lost me at "Dallas showing a good understanding"

Famous Fiver
04-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Richard Gordon ' Right Alan, Score prediction'.

Alan Preston '1 - 0 Hearts'

7 minutes in - Motherwell 1 Hearts 0.

Oh ma sides..............

cannastar
04-03-2018, 02:46 PM
dunne looks good at this level. tidying up well

One Day Soon
04-03-2018, 02:48 PM
Is it that twat refereeing again?