Hearts - Willie Hamilton
Killie - Nishy
Hamilton Graham Mitchell
Dundee- Keith
Partick Thistle - Arthur Duncan
Motherwell - Willie Irvine
St Johnstone - Danny Swanson
Ross County - ????

Id have John O'Neil before Swanson. Excellent player.

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2018, 09:57 AM
John O'Neil from Saints

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Alan Rough from Partick. Did we not sign a boy from Ross County on a five year deal?

SirDavidsNapper
01-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Alan Rough from Partick. Did we not sign a boy from Ross County on a five year deal?

Martin Scott?

JimBHibees
01-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Jackie McNamara from Celtic

Tom Hart RIP
01-03-2018, 10:12 AM
Roughie or Arthur is a difficult one.

John O'Neil good call

Brian Graham added

Golden Bear
01-03-2018, 10:14 AM
Big bad John McNamee from Celtic. He was a pivot and a half.

bigwheel
01-03-2018, 10:18 AM
Jackie MacNamara wasn't a bad signing....

Springbank
01-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Mind that time Anthony Stokes won us the holy grail?
I'd have him or Liam Henderson top of that list before you can say "is it on?"
Or Dylan if loans don't count.
Biggest impact signings from Celtic imho

Keith_M
How about highest fee paid, per SPFL club.

Diclonius
Martin Scott?

Another Calderwood superstar.

Springbank
01-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Or Dylan if loans don't count

keep the faith
01-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Stuck inside so off the top of my head

Celtic - Joe McBride
Rangers - Daz
Aberdeen - Steve Cowan
Hearts - Willie Hamilton
Killie - Nishy
Hamilton Graham Mitchell
Dundee- Keith
Partick Thistle - Arthur Duncan
Motherwell - Willie Irvine
St Johnstone - Danny Swanson
Ross County - ????

Nish!!?? I can only assume we have signed no one else from Kilmarnock! 😉

Tom Hart RIP
01-03-2018, 10:37 AM
Had thought about Pat McGinlay as well.
Agree Stokesy had biggest impact though but Joe Mcbride was brilliant.

Kato
01-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Jimmy McColl - singed from Partick and spent the next 56 years at Easter Road. Pat Stanton thought the world of him.

jgl07
01-03-2018, 11:21 AM
If we extend this to recent Premiership teams, how about Darren Jackson or Michael O’Neill from Dundee United and Kevin McAllister from Falkirk?

St Mirren has to be John McGinn.

Tom Hart RIP
01-03-2018, 11:49 AM
If we extend this to recent Premiership teams, how about Darren Jackson or Michael O’Neill from Dundee United and Kevin McAllister from Falkirk?

St Mirren has to be John McGinn.

Agree with SJM and Crunchie but Alan Gordon gets my Dundee Utd vote.

Tom Hart RIP
01-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Plus Alex Edwards from Dunfermline

Northernhibee
01-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Mind that time Anthony Stokes won us the holy grail?
I'd have him or Liam Henderson top of that list before you can say "is it on?"
Or Dylan if loans don't count.
Biggest impact signings from Celtic imho

Henderson was far more important in that cup final imo. To deliver two out of two inch perfect corners under extreme pressure on a huge stage is spectacular. We tend to forget that up to that point we were being our usual wasteful selves in front of goal.

Stokes was still excellent that day but nowhere near Hendo.

CapitalGreen
01-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Henderson was far more important in that cup final imo. To deliver two out of two inch perfect corners under extreme pressure on a huge stage is spectacular. We tend to forget that up to that point we were being our usual wasteful selves in front of goal.

Nowhere near Hendo? haha

stantonhibby
01-03-2018, 12:02 PM

Two corners better than two goals ? Ok

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2018, 12:11 PM

Stokes was still excellent that day but nowhere near Hendo.What? :faf:

Surely you are joking?

pacoluna
01-03-2018, 12:17 PM

Aye ok

supermcginn
01-03-2018, 12:33 PM

Utter tripe. Stokes was the best man on the park by a mile!

keep the faith
01-03-2018, 12:54 PM
I don't think any one person won us the cup. It was the ultimate team performance. Actually there was a goalkeeping performance is the semi which was as crucial as any individual contribution in our history.

Kato
01-03-2018, 12:56 PM
I don't think any one person won us the cup. It was the ultimate team performance. Actually there was a goalkeeping performance is the semi which was as crucial as any individual contribution in our history.

:agree: "Time For Heroes" rather than "Time For A Hero". No failures that day.

Keith_M
01-03-2018, 01:00 PM

:agree:

It's unfair to pick out one player.

Northernhibee
01-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Two corners better than two goals ? Ok

Without those two corners we wouldn't have won. You could say the same for the goals but Hendo had two opportunities to influence the tie and he was inch perfect with both.

It was literally a perfect performance from Hendo.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 02:40 PM

:faf: :faf: :faf:

I think the snow has been doing something funny to folk!

First I read on here that not all of the cup final squad are legends and now I'm reading that there's someone who was "far more important" in our cup final than the guy who scored two of our three goals!

I honestly love this place at times! :greengrin

Northernhibee
01-03-2018, 02:44 PM
:faf: :faf: :faf:

I think the snow has been doing something funny to folk!

First I read on here that not all of the cup final squad are legends and now I'm reading that there's someone who was "far more important" in our cup final than the guy who scored two of our three goals!

I honestly love this place at times! :greengrin

The argument that I'm making is that Stokes took several shots in that game. I did say that he was excellent that day. However Hendo was my MOTM, he took the only two chances to influence the result that he had. Stokes scoring two was partially the laws of probability. Take a lot of shots, the more likely you are to score.

Hendo was incisive, clinical to a level that can't be bettered.

Still haven't seen anyone argue against it, just the usual sarcy comments and ignoring the point made ;)

bigwheel
01-03-2018, 02:47 PM
The argument that I'm making is that Stokes took several shots in that game. I did say that he was excellent that day. However Hendo was my MOTM, he took the only two chances to influence the result that he had. Stokes scoring two was partially the laws of probability. Take a lot of shots, the more likely you are to score.

Still haven't seen anyone argue against it, just the usual sarcy comments and ignoring the point made ;)

Whilst Hendo had a great impact, I've rarely (if ever) seen a better and more dominate contribution from a single player that Stokes in that Cup Final. He was unplayable. Scored two, could have been four or five. It was as good an individual performance that I can ever remember. Stunning . No-one on the pitch matched him that day - he was by some distance MOM.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 02:49 PM

Liam Henderson was brilliant in his time on the pitch and played a vital role with his two corners. I don't think that can be argued against and I haven't seen anyone trying to do that.

However Stokes' overall play that day was outstanding, not just his two goals. He gave their defence a torrid time (I'm sure James Tavernier will still be having nightmares). His performance epitomised the definition of "unplayable".

HibbyAndy
01-03-2018, 02:54 PM

Are you for real ? I love Hendo but not a hope in hell he was more important than Stokes in that final !

stantonhibby
01-03-2018, 03:01 PM

Hendo took two brilliant corners, no disputing that , however Stokes and Gray still had to get on the end of them and direct the ball into the net. I can't make my mind up if you are at the wind up.....if not , this even beats your Fenlon is a better manager than Lennon chat.

Sauzee16
01-03-2018, 03:12 PM

Jeezo.

SirDavidsNapper
01-03-2018, 03:17 PM

Henderson took two corners. Glad he did but the boys have still got to get on the end of them and direct them. Way off motm imo

Thecat23
01-03-2018, 03:22 PM

Stokes was miles above anyone that day. If he didn’t play the way he did we wouldn’t be Scottish Cup winners. Henderson played his part but he wasn’t anywhere near MOTM. I’d say 3 or 4 players that day were ahead of him!

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-03-2018, 03:22 PM

Stop it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2018, 03:38 PM
henderson was far more important in that cup final imo. To deliver two out of two inch perfect corners under extreme pressure on a huge stage is spectacular. We tend to forget that up to that point we were being our usual wasteful selves in front of goal.

Stokes was still excellent that day but nowhere near hendo.

lolz

lapsedhibee
01-03-2018, 03:42 PM
However Stokes' overall play that day was outstanding, not just his two goals. He gave their defence a torrid time (I'm sure James Tavernier will still be having nightmares). His performance epitomised the definition of "unplayable".

:agree: It was as if he was on fire.

Fanforlife
01-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Henderson was far more important in that cup final imo. To deliver two out of two inch perfect corners under extreme pressure on a huge stage is spectacular. We tend to forget that up to that point we were being our usual wasteful selves i

Stokes was still excellent that day but nowhere near Hendo.You are bang at it.Every Hibs player involved in that majestic day were superb,however Stokes gave the best display ive ever seen from a Hibs player in a Scottish Cup Final and believe me ive seen a few!!!

Hiber-nation
01-03-2018, 04:38 PM

Don't start drinking early kids, this is what could happen.