PDA

View Full Version : Borussia Dortmund boycott

Phil MaGlass
28-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Atleast 25-30,000 fans boycott game after it is changed to a Monday night, well done is all I can say.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43201642

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Good for them ... when it comes to this stuff the Germans seem ahead of the curve when it comes to making a stand.

I wonder what they would make of a 12 noon kick off for an away game or a semi final arranged for a time when there isn't any public transport ... they have it easy compared to us.

SChibs
28-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Good for them ... when it comes to this stuff the Germans seem ahead of the curve when it comes to making a stand.

I wonder what they would make of a 12 noon kick off for an away game or a semi final arranged for a time when there isn't any public transport ... they have it easy compared to us.

They also always have great displays and pyro. If Germany can have it why can't we!!??

overdrive
28-02-2018, 06:04 PM
They also always have great displays and pyro. If Germany can have it why can't we!!??

I would imagine it is because the Germans are the least conservative, highest risk takers in Europe.

1van Sprou7e
28-02-2018, 06:13 PM
I would imagine it is because the Germans are the least conservative, highest risk takers in Europe.

[citation needed]

SirDavidsNapper
28-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Big well done to Hearts fans for boycotting last nights game too. Say no to Tueday night football.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2018, 06:31 PM

Probably because they dont run on the park at cup finals. Scottish and English fans regularly show why they cant be trusted with nice things.

norwayhibs
28-02-2018, 06:38 PM
They keep getting fined for pyro use, UEFA are looking to fine them again for the away game v Atalanta where pyro was used.

Swedish hibee
28-02-2018, 07:30 PM
I love German football. I love the football, the atmosphere & the mentality of the German fan. I really wish Scotland would stop looking at your rich next door neighbours, and look to German football for the way to go forward.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2018, 07:44 PM
I love German football. I love the football, the atmosphere & the mentality of the German fan. I really wish Scotland would stop looking at your rich next door neighbours, and look to German football for the way to go forward.

The small matter of 82 million v 5 million, but I get your point, standing, ticket prices etc

Phil MaGlass
02-03-2018, 09:57 AM
I love German fitba aswell. Just being at some of the games is a massive buzz. Beer, worst and generally having a magnificent pre match day out. The Germans get fitba.

GaryOsCheerios
02-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Good see Arsenals support last night showing solidarity to the boycott:wink:

Sir David Gray
02-03-2018, 11:10 AM

The same German league that has 3 of its clubs in the latest top 20 rich list?

In terms of finance Scottish clubs should be comparing itself to its counterparts in Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

02-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Been to 3 games in Germany over the last 4 years and yes the German product great.

What I really like is that they have an entry point for all supporters. Cheap tickets rights through to very expensive (and I mean very expensive) hospitality. but important thing was there was something for everyone.

How can they do it and we can't. As someone else raises it population is huge in comparison with Scotland but the biggest factor is still the TV money. Bundesliga gets a cool 1.16 "Billion" Euros a season from their current TV deal. Unlike the English Premiership they don't spend it all on overpaying players and agents. Instead they invest some of it back into the product ensuring there is an entry level for every supporter into live football.

Baader
02-03-2018, 11:16 AM
German football is still very much for the fans. Rules on club ownership and ticket pricing are sensible. Problem is it currently is a one horse race and has been for a number of years.

hibsbollah
02-03-2018, 11:43 AM
German football is still very much for the fans. Rules on club ownership and ticket pricing are sensible. Problem is it currently is a one horse race and has been for a number of years.

Germanys not alone in that. Juve champs of Italy for 5 seasons, Barca in Spain, PSG in France, Man Citeh 16 points clear. Its been a great season for exciting games, not so much for open competition.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2018, 12:03 PM
The same German league that has 3 of its clubs in the latest top 20 rich list?

In terms of finance Scottish clubs should be comparing itself to its counterparts in Denmark, Sweden and Norway.

I think when it comes to German football its the fan culture rather than how its financed that folk admire. The fans in that country seem to have the silly idea that they should come first and when they don't the result is a half empty Westfalenstadion. Unlike in this country there's every chance the German authorities will take notice.

This season's League cup semi between us and Celtic should have been taken as a shot across the bows ... it wasn't the only reason, but if you ask me yet another stupid o'clock kick off time was one too many for a lot of Hibs fans ... Like it or not a semi final or final is looked on by many as an event, not just another game, and that means a couple of hours in the boozer or going to a café for something to eat before the game. For folk like me a lunchtime kick off at Hampden means getting up at 6:30am .... how is that adding to my enjoyment of what is supposed to be an entertainment?

Given the support for football in this country the fact that the 3 Scandinavian countries mentioned seem able to attract better TV deals than us says it all when judging the folk running our game.

hibsbollah
02-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Arsenal fans should really take heed.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Arsenal fans should really take heed.

I often wonder what clubs like Arsenal and Spurs are going to do with the stadiums they have built and are building if the bubble ever bursts. They must cost an absolute fortune to maintain.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2018, 12:40 PM
I often wonder what clubs like Arsenal and Spurs are going to do with the stadiums they have built and are building if the bubble ever bursts. They must cost an absolute fortune to maintain.

Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world, with or without tv money, they will be absolutely fine.

The bubble shows no signs of bursting either, I doubt they are worried.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Arsenal are one of the biggest clubs in the world, with or without tv money, they will be absolutely fine.

The bubble shows no signs of bursting either, I doubt they are worried.

We'll see :greengrin