PDA

View Full Version : There but not there

Biggie
28-02-2018, 06:48 AM
Anyone watching BBC and the piece about the tommys silouettes sprouting up......all a good cause and powerful.
However one of the clips was 4 hearts players standing on the pitch with 4 tommys......sorry gives me the boak.
No doubt BBC Scotland will be fawning over the yams doing this.
Am I a bad person ?

Gatecrasher
28-02-2018, 06:56 AM
just accept that anything to do with the Great War the winners are bound to mentioned at some point.

Seriously though it looked like a nice idea for a good cause.

JimBHibees
28-02-2018, 07:04 AM
Good cause quite poignant.

lucky
28-02-2018, 07:14 AM
The cause is bigger than them hanging onto some fake link

linlithgowhibbie
28-02-2018, 09:30 AM
The cause is bigger than them hanging onto some fake link

Its not a fake link. The way they promote it may be distasteful to many of us (including me) but its not fake.

Geo_1875
28-02-2018, 09:39 AM
I caught a bit of the story and thought they were advertising an exhibition. Next thing they're trying to sell miniature silhouettes to raise money for a charity. I'm assuming it's for ex-servicemen. When will the government take responsibility for the welfare of these people and properly fund services rather than rely on the goodwill and conscience of the public.

lucky
28-02-2018, 09:41 AM
Its not a fake link. The way they promote it may be distasteful to many of us (including me) but its not fake.

The link I was referring to was their claim that it was only their players that made the ultimate sacrifice

SouthMoroccoStu
28-02-2018, 09:54 AM
I caught a bit of the story and thought they were advertising an exhibition. Next thing they're trying to sell miniature silhouettes to raise money for a charity. I'm assuming it's for ex-servicemen. When will the government take responsibility for the welfare of these people and properly fund services rather than rely on the goodwill and conscience of the public.

I hope someone is keeping an eye on the charity money raised

This lot have form

Kato
28-02-2018, 09:57 AM
. When will the government take responsibility for the welfare of these people and properly fund services rather than rely on the goodwill and conscience of the public.

Never.