PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2018, 05:52 PM
2 goals in 20 league games this season. Unless he dramatically improves his return I can't see him at Rangers or Notts Forest next season.

I Wonder if he could do well with Kamberi, I'd imagine they would complement each other quite well. Thoughts? I'm foreseeing a mixed bag here!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

timewilltell
27-02-2018, 05:57 PM
No...

time to move on..

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2018, 05:58 PM
I'd consider it depending on how McLaren does this season. He is still young with good potential and is the type of signing Hibs should be targeting

Jones28
We are obsessed with bringing ex players back

Hibernian Verse
No...

time to move on..Haha what? I didn't realise we weren't in the business of re-signing former players?

Centre Hawf
27-02-2018, 05:59 PM
We are obsessed with bringing ex players back

I'll bring most players back who are still to potentially reach their prime and has already bagged 20+ a season for us on 3 occasions

Nevi_SOL
27-02-2018, 06:00 PM
If he’s not good enough for the Huns he’s not good enough for us 👍🏼 Should be trying too sign better than our rivals not taking their duds.

we are hibs
27-02-2018, 06:06 PM
No thanks.

stonewaller1875
27-02-2018, 06:08 PM
2 goals in 20 league games this season. Unless he dramatically improves his return I can't see him at Rangers or Notts Forest next season.

I Wonder if he could do well with Kamberi, I'd imagine they would complement each other quite well. Thoughts? I'm foreseeing a mixed bag here!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkNot interested

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

stonewaller1875
27-02-2018, 06:09 PM
I'll bring most players back who are still to potentially reach their prime and has already bagged 20+ a season for us on 3 occasionsIn the championship

Stevie Reid
27-02-2018, 06:11 PM
The wonderful world of Hibs.net

If there were any scope for it to happen, I'd take Jason back in a heartbeat - but there won't be.

Would have been interesting to see the answers to this question prior to him going on loan to Rangers...

snooky
27-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Cum-dog, gone-dog. :bye:

Nevi_SOL
27-02-2018, 06:14 PM
If he’s not good enough for the Huns he’s not good enough for us 👍🏼 Should be trying too sign better than our rivals not taking their duds.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Can’t see Rangers shelling out £1m for him in the summer

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2018, 06:17 PM
The wonderful world of Hibs.net

If there were any scope for it to happen, I'd take Jason back in a heartbeat - but there won't be.

Would have been interesting to see the answers to this question prior to him going on loan to Rangers...Im sure there will be a thread for that somewhere in the archives

Lago
27-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Can you imagine the disappointment it would be for his proud father if he had to come back to hibs.

SirDavidsNapper
27-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Can see him ending up at his boyhood heros

My_Wife_Camille
27-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Not good enough for the Huns, not good enough for us. Just ask Darren McGregor.

Diclonius
27-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Would take him back in a heartbeat.

Keyser Sauzee
27-02-2018, 06:23 PM

Why ask McGregor?

erin go bragh
27-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Forrest want 600k . We will not imo pay that .

Allant1981
27-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Forrest want 600k . We will not imo pay that .

surely we wouldnt pay the asking price if we are due a % of the sell on fee, not that i think lennon would be interested anyway

My_Wife_Camille
27-02-2018, 06:29 PM
Why ask McGregor?
He was also deemed not good enough for the Huns.

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2018, 06:31 PM
He was also deemed not good enough for the Huns.How dare you bring facts into the conversation. These Rangers duds are not good enough for Hibernian FC and will not go on to do well here so we best stay away.

snooky
27-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Why ask McGregor?

Cause he 'wasn't good enough for them' :lolrangers:

Keyser Sauzee
27-02-2018, 06:33 PM
He was also deemed not good enough for the Huns.

Ah I see now, I thought that maybe McGregor had maybe said something about Cummings, thanks for clearing that up 👍🏼

Hermit Crab
27-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Cummings is a shocking footballer who just happened to score goals for us in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. Move on.

JohnM1875
27-02-2018, 06:46 PM
How many of the 20 games has he started? I can bet less than half.

He also scored twice against Newcastle in the cup. But let's just forget all about those goals eh?

He's clearly young and still learning the game. Surely no one really expected him to go down to the English Championship and start banging goals in for fun? I'm sure he was played out wide for Forest on a few occasions as well.

He's definitely good enough for the huns and also definitely good enough for Hibs!

My_Wife_Camille
27-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Cummings is a shocking footballer who just happened to score goals for us in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. Move on.
Should you not be concentrating on your team big game at Tynecastle tonight instead of trolling Hibs fans?

houstonhibbee
27-02-2018, 06:47 PM

Darren mcgregor seemed to work out ok
Just because they dont work out elsewhere doesn't mean they can't work out here

Scott Allan another good example

Scorrie
27-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Cummings only on the bench for The Huns tonight

CRAZYHIBBY
27-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Hibs suited him...rangers doesnt

Hermit Crab
27-02-2018, 06:49 PM
Should you not be concentrating on your team big game at Tynecastle tonight instead of trolling Hibs fans?

1-5

linlithgowhibbie
27-02-2018, 07:00 PM
1-5

HC you just saved me replying to him!:wink:

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2018, 07:06 PM
I'd have him back, and i have gone on record saying i don't think he's that good a footballer, but can score goals.

Pete
27-02-2018, 07:06 PM
1-5

:dunno:

erin go bragh
27-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Not to mention his goals that helped us win the Scottish cup .
The boy will forever be a cup winning legend. Nae need for the cheap digs .

Pete
27-02-2018, 07:08 PM

:agree:

Legend who hammered the Hearts and loves hibs.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2018, 07:08 PM

Thats no a cheap dig, thats my observation.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2018, 07:11 PM
If he gets on his knees in the centre circle at ER, offers his own blood as a sacrifice and apologises to everyone on the database personally for the chest thumping at Ayr a few weeks ago then I’d consider it.

It’s a no brainer, If JC is available in the summer we’d be mad not to be interested.

WhileTheChief..
27-02-2018, 07:11 PM

Agreed. His best days are behind him already.

He scored some decent goals for us but was never really that good a player. No chance we’ll go back in for him.

Stevie Reid
27-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Imagine playing for Hibs, scoring a tonne of goals, hating Hearts and scoring often in a long unbeaten run against them, scoring in almost every big game you played in and helping us win promotion back the SPL AND finally win the Scottish Cup - and having some Hibs supporters not think very much of you. Or worse.

Pathetic.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2018, 07:16 PM

You’ve been good on here for a bit as well.....

Onion
27-02-2018, 07:18 PM
no thanks. Better value elsewhere.

Colr
27-02-2018, 07:20 PM

Maybe we had his best years.

Sammy7nil
27-02-2018, 07:22 PM

He is out of our price range and wage structure. Move on

lyonhibs
27-02-2018, 07:23 PM
A Hibs legend but not actually that great a football player.

Not fussed either way in all honesty.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Think that he made a mistake going to the Rangers on loan. We can't afford him now anyway so it makes no difference how good or bad he is now.

hibeedave93
27-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Think he’d be a great signing as he brings goals and goals is what we need as much as we can get 👍🏻

SMAXXA
27-02-2018, 07:36 PM
I’d say as long as Lennon is here jason won’t be

Jim44
27-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Cummings is the perpetual super sub at Sevco. He’ll score a few goals and the Sevco muppets will demand his promotion at the slightest sign of panic when they hit a bad spell. If he’s happy living in the shadows, good luck to him.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2018, 08:07 PM

Lenny’s choice?

Northernhibee
27-02-2018, 08:10 PM
If Scott Allan can come back then Jason 110% can. Scott Allan failed at Celtic and Rotherham but is doing a job on the pitch for us now just now, some definite parallels, and Jason left on better terms.

Shrekko
27-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Cummings is the perpetual super sub at Sevco. He’ll score a few goals and the Sevco muppets will demand his promotion at the slightest sign of panic when they hit a bad spell. If he’s happy living in the shadows, good luck to him.
I think that’ll be spot on.

JC seems to be a cult hero there already which is truly amazing considering the vile abuse they used to constantly give him.

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2018, 08:25 PM
He's been absolutely brutal tonight to be honest.

Captain Trips
27-02-2018, 08:25 PM

I always kind of thought Lennon was not bothered if he left.

18Hibee75
27-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Forever grateful of him and what he done for us in our 3 years in the championship and obviously our Scottish cup run. However, its time to move on, he's not good enough for rangers so won't be good enough for us.

Might take a bit of stick for this, but I've been quietly loving his poor performances at rangers and FWIW I hope he puts in terrible performances and never scores again for them.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
27-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Forever grateful of him and what he done for us in our 3 years in the championship and obviously our Scottish cup run. However, its time to move on, he's not good enough for rangers so won't be good enough for us.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjU859aXEAAS7ia.jpg

Jim44
27-02-2018, 08:32 PM

Might take a bit of stick for this, but I've been quietly loving his poor performances at rangers and FWIW I hope he puts in terrible performances and never scores again for them.

No stick from me. If he’s not with us, he’s against us. Love to see him drift into obscurity.

18Hibee75
27-02-2018, 08:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjU859aXEAAS7ia.jpgI understand that argument but he was deemed not good enough by their fans. Their deluded fans at that, he was evidently good enough for them and won player of the year. Cummings is different, kind of opposite in a way.

Captain Trips
27-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Another blank from his sub appearance. Lovely.

Jim44
27-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Did he do enough to make the bench for their next game! :greengrin

RossScott1991
27-02-2018, 08:49 PM
Can’t believe some people on here taking piss out a Hibs legend. He’s barely had a kick of a ball. Would take him back in a heartbeat. People need to get over fact he’s playing for Rangers. This laddie provided some of best derby moments. If fit and playing regularly he’s more than capable of scoring goals.

I’m not gonna cheer him on while he plays for rangers, but anyone who helped to provide the cup is always welcome.

Jim44
27-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Can’t believe some people on here taking piss out a Hibs legend. He’s barely had a kick of a ball. Would take him back in a heartbeat. People need to get over fact he’s playing for Rangers. This laddie provided some of best derby moments. If fit and playing regularly he’s more than capable of scoring goals.

I’m not gonna cheer him on while he plays for rangers, but anyone who helped to provide the cup is always welcome.

Meh, but fair comment. The only thing that should concern any true Hibby is that our team does well. Any thing in our way is unwelcome. Stuff him.

Winston Ingram
27-02-2018, 08:58 PM
He’s was always going to struggle to step up.

Great finisher but the rest of his game is miles off.

He can only play up front in a 2 and pretty much no one one plays that on a regular basis these days. Particularly the higher you go.

Sammy7nil
27-02-2018, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=Winston Ingram;5327987]He’s was always going to struggle to step up.

He can only play up front in a 2 any pretty much no one one plays that on a regular basis these days. Particularly at the higher you go.[/QUOT

Except Hibs :wink:

Hibrandenburg
27-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Couldnae score in a Gorgie bar with a remembrance wreath wrapped round his c#*k.

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2018, 10:15 PM
Couldnae score in a Gorgie bar with a remembrance wreath wrapped round his c#*k.

Genius.

Greencore
27-02-2018, 10:18 PM
time for this cum dog to be put down 😂

Hibrandenburg
27-02-2018, 10:35 PM
Genius.

I was expecting flak but I'll take that.

J-C
27-02-2018, 10:36 PM
Good finisher but had loads to learn re his game intelligence, should've stayed another year before he moved for the cash down south.

Brightside
27-02-2018, 10:38 PM

Great goal scorer in his time at Hibs. Legend must be the most over used word on football forums.

Stevie Reid
27-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Great goal scorer in his time at Hibs. Legend must be the most over used word on football forums.

I agree the word is overused. But it's appropriate in JC's case. Every single one of the 2016 squad is.

matty_f
27-02-2018, 10:47 PM
I agree the word is overused. But it's appropriate in JC's case. Every single one of the 2016 squad is.
Totally agree.

For as long as I can remember pre-2016 folk said that the yeah that eventually won the cup would forever be remembered as legends, user here we are not two years later..

FWIW, I'd take Cummings back any day, boy's a bona fide Hibs legend.

Sauzee16
27-02-2018, 11:13 PM
JC is a Hibernian legend. He would walk into our team. People had reservations about Scott Allan too mind.

Why the dislike?

Lets see:

Got it up hearts as much as I can remember any of our strikers ever doing.
Got us back into the match in the 2-2 game
knocked them out the replay
scores the winning penalty in the semi
sets up stokes

top goal scorer 3 years on the trot
gets it up the Huns home and away

Actually signs a new contract to make us money something McGinn and McGeough don't seem to be doing.

I wish him all the best even for the Huns unless it effects us.

Waxy
27-02-2018, 11:18 PM
Jason and Hibs are a perfect fit.

Lancs Harp
27-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Jason needs to up his work rate. Thats what found him out at Forest. He's got a great eye for goal which obviously is no mean thing, but in a team where things arent going too well this shows up and gets fans backs up (witnessed a bit at Hibs and certainly at Forest). He's still far from the finished article and Im not sure he'll ever be a first name on the team sheet at Rangers or indeed the first eleven. Didnt work out at Forest and picked the wrong Club to rebuild IMO. Hes gone for the biggest name interested rather than a club where he can build on what he already has and become a better player.

Ryan69
28-02-2018, 05:48 AM
Jason needs to up his work rate. Thats what found him out at Forest. He's got a great eye for goal which obviously is no mean thing, but in a team where things arent going too well this shows up and gets fans backs up (witnessed a bit at Hibs and certainly at Forest). He's still far from the finished article and Im not sure he'll ever be a first name on the team sheet at Rangers or indeed the first eleven. Didnt work out at Forest and picked the wrong Club to rebuild IMO. Hes gone for the biggest name interested rather than a club where he can build on what he already has and become a better player.

The guy was stupid leaving when he did.

If he had stayed another year,banged the goals in in the process...it would of done him the world of good.
In a system he was used too,that the team evolved around him.

Now he seems like a little sheep lost at times.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2018, 05:53 AM
Darren mcgregor seemed to work out ok
Just because they dont work out elsewhere doesn't mean they can't work out here

Scott Allan another good example

McGeough, Ambrose and Henderson have been worth signing as well.

Phil MaGlass
28-02-2018, 06:24 AM
I´d take him back, 100%. Theres a goalscorer there, look at Scott Allan, Hibs are a fit. I would suggest that Hibs are also a fit for Cummings. wouldnae be surprised to see him back in a couple of years.

Ilovehibs
28-02-2018, 06:28 AM
I´d take him back, 100%. Theres a goalscorer there, look at Scott Allan, Hibs are a fit. I would suggest that Hibs are also a fit for Cummings. wouldnae be surprised to see him back in a couple of years.

Sadly, I think his next move will be hertz. Just hope he doesn't do to us in the derbies what he did to them.

telford hibbee
28-02-2018, 06:33 AM
How many of the 20 games has he started? I can bet less than half.

He also scored twice against Newcastle in the cup. But let's just forget all about those goals eh?

He's clearly young and still learning the game. Surely no one really expected him to go down to the English Championship and start banging goals in for fun? I'm sure he was played out wide for Forest on a few occasions as well.

He's definitely good enough for the huns and also definitely good enough for Hibs!
Respectfully I’m sure mr wore a fannies hat thought he would score regularly down there.

J-C
28-02-2018, 08:30 AM
JC is a Hibernian legend. He would walk into our team. People had reservations about Scott Allan too mind.

Why the dislike?

Lets see:

Got it up hearts as much as I can remember any of our strikers ever doing.
Got us back into the match in the 2-2 game
knocked them out the replay
scores the winning penalty in the semi
sets up stokes

top goal scorer 3 years on the trot
gets it up the Huns home and away

Actually signs a new contract to make us money something McGinn and McGeough don't seem to be doing.

I wish him all the best even for the Huns unless it effects us.

OH aye! and adds a £500k release clause into the contract so we get half of what he was probably worth. He stayed for one reason only to get us back to the SPL and left at the 1st opportunity for money down south. McGinn still has a year left and will still go for at least £2m

Fritz
28-02-2018, 08:36 AM

😂 This is your 'best' yet I reckon!

WhileTheChief..
28-02-2018, 08:36 AM
Sadly, I think his next move will be hertz. Just hope he doesn't do to us in the derbies what he did to them.

Think you could be right.

At least he’ll have found his level :greengrin

wookie70
28-02-2018, 08:37 AM
I would take him back in a heartbeat. The chances we are missing would be converted more often if JC was in the team than any of the strikers we have currently imo. Flo looks like the ideal partner for him too as he is a worker who also gets in the box and is very mobile.

Geo_1875
28-02-2018, 08:44 AM

I don't think he's tall enough to sign for them.

Bostonhibby
28-02-2018, 08:51 AM
I don't think he's tall enough to sign for them.Agree, but if he could work on increasing his fouling rate and get a few more yellow cards surely he'll catch Dr Football's eye?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sauzee16
28-02-2018, 08:51 AM
OH aye! and adds a £500k release clause into the contract so we get half of what he was probably worth. He stayed for one reason only to get us back to the SPL and left at the 1st opportunity for money down south. McGinn still has a year left and will still go for at least £2m

He could have sat tight like many other "Hibees" and left for nothing. He left to go to a massive club down South.

lucky
28-02-2018, 09:10 AM
JC scores goals if played in the right formation. I’d take him over McLaren every day off the week.

easty
28-02-2018, 09:18 AM
JC scores goals if played in the right formation. I’d take him over McLaren every day off the week.

100%...anyone who doesn't think Cummings is a better player than McLaren is kidding themselves.

BullsCloseHibs
28-02-2018, 10:17 AM
I'd rather we fought tooth and nail for Kambari rather than attempt to get JC back. Definitely.:agree:

J-C
28-02-2018, 10:18 AM
He could have sat tight like many other "Hibees" and left for nothing. He left to go to a massive club down South.

Or he he could've signed an extension and let the market decide how much he was worth, he only signed the contract extension because the release clause was added.

Lago
28-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Maybe in the day's of Brian Clough a massive club, sadly not anymore.

Sauzee16
28-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Or he he could've signed an extension and let the market decide how much he was worth, he only signed the contract extension because the release clause was added.

Imnottruinf tonbe smart but you wouldn't know that. Either way he made us half a million helped us go up and win the cup.

Sauzee16
28-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Maybe in the day's of Brian Clough a massive club, sadly not anymore.

Wages wise they are I would classify them as a aleeping giant.

cmcd
28-02-2018, 11:28 AM

FFS McLaren has been here for 5mins .Give the boy a break

IncredibleHibee
28-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Cummings is unproven in the top league in Scotland - that is why I was a little surprised he didn't stay for our first season back. I thought he would want to get a season under his belt to prove to himself he can still score the goals in the top league.

I wouldn't pay money to bring him back as he is not a good footballer and as I say unproven in the top league. HOWEVER he does has a knack for scoring goals. The problem is because he is not a good footballer if he doesn't score in a game he offers nothing. sooooo if I was the powers that be I wouldn't be specifically looking to bring him back BUT if he was offered to us and the deal was right then why not

cmcd
28-02-2018, 11:31 AM

Joe Baker Neil Martin Alan Gordon Jimmy O are all what I would class as legends

IWasThere2016
28-02-2018, 11:35 AM

Our hierarchy are to blame for accepting that one... not JC and his agent

Ryan69
28-02-2018, 11:42 AM

Sorry but teams like Huddersfield,Brighton,West Brom etc etc etc...are not massive clubs.

Just cause they have sky as a sugardaddy..certainly does not make them massive.

Lago
28-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Nope their not, not even close. Those days have gone & are unlikely to return.

Winston Ingram
28-02-2018, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=Winston Ingram;5327987]He’s was always going to struggle to step up.

He can only play up front in a 2 any pretty much no one one plays that on a regular basis these days. Particularly at the higher you go.[/QUOT

Except Hibs :wink:

We've played it for the last 2 games. I wouldn't call that regularly.

J-C
28-02-2018, 12:50 PM
Imnottruinf tonbe smart but you wouldn't know that. Either way he made us half a million helped us go up and win the cup.

I did know this as his dad is a good pal of mine and I posted it on the private members page when I was told by his dad, everyone slated Warburton when he mentioned £500k but this was indeed the amount the get out clause was. He was never staying beyond last season, we agreed to the contract because we needed his goals to get us up, it suited both parties.

I wouldn't be surprised if his agent had already organised the transfer deal well before the end of last season, the deal was done and dusted very quickly at the time.

J-C
28-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Our hierarchy are to blame for accepting that one... not JC and his agent

We needed his goals and his agent was the one behind this not Jason, we had to accept it or he was away before we got up, some money was better than none at all.

FilipinoHibs
28-02-2018, 12:58 PM
Enjoyed pumping the Hearts on a regulsr basis eh crab man!

Captain Trips
28-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Sorry but teams like Huddersfield,Brighton,West Brom etc etc etc...are not massive clubs.

Just cause they have sky as a sugardaddy..certainly does not make them massive.

Indeed this talk we used to hear of how the OF would do down there when in fact you put us down there we would also get millions of pounds to spend on players and have Edinburgh as a nice draw.

Hibs, Hearts Aberdeen would also do OK down there with those funds.

Burnley, Huddersfield etc can hold their own so could a few clubs up here with that backing.

RossScott1991
28-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Not in my era. If our main goal scorer in the season we won cup, played a huge part scoring in rounds v hearts. Starting comeback in the 2.2. If he isn’t a Hibs legend , then define what is ?

I find it incredible some people don’t class guys like Cummings a legend at hibs after what they delivered. Fair enough if they were a bit part squad member that year. But the regulars all delivered the holy grail. A feat not even the best teams of the the clubs history could do. These guys will be spoken about in years to come a lot more than he above mentioned imo. Some need to show abit of respect. And fans whinge when players aren’t loyal when even if they have gave everything for club, helped deliver best day of our lives. They still get stick, all because he wears blue now.

1van Sprou7e
28-02-2018, 05:04 PM
100%...anyone who doesn't think Cummings is a better player than McLaren is kidding themselves.

How many goals has cumdog scored at Ibrox this season? :greengrin

But in all seriousness I think it's far too early to come to that conclusion. I think Maclarens overall contribution to our attack is quite overlooked by some, he's hardworking and his runs can create huge spaces in the oppositions backline

He hasn't exactly been banging them in so far but also remember that Jason has never done that either in the premiership...

Captain Trips
28-02-2018, 05:22 PM

I know how good JC was for Hibs, I cannot say same for Jamie therefore I cannot judge.

wookie70
28-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Cummings is unproven in the top league in Scotland - that is why I was a little surprised he didn't stay for our first season back. I thought he would want to get a season under his belt to prove to himself he can still score the goals in the top league.

I wouldn't pay money to bring him back as he is not a good footballer and as I say unproven in the top league. HOWEVER he does has a knack for scoring goals. The problem is because he is not a good footballer if he doesn't score in a game he offers nothing. sooooo if I was the powers that be I wouldn't be specifically looking to bring him back BUT if he was offered to us and the deal was right then why not

So if we have strikers working hard and playing well but not scoring goals we will do fine. It is the most important and difficult thing to do in football and even though we are creating loads of chances we still aren't very prolific. I'd take Jason back for what Forest paid for him

ancient hibee
28-02-2018, 05:31 PM
And pay him the wage he is getting there?

wookie70
28-02-2018, 06:27 PM
And pay him the wage he is getting there? Obviously not but he was worth every penny of the £500K paid imo. I doubt we will have the pleasure of seeing him belt in goals against Hearts again but it is amazing how highly some are rating McLaren and how many used to slate JC. McLaren could be a good signing but we will have to wait to see. JC was a very good player for us and a big part of the Scottish Cup story.

Fritz
28-02-2018, 08:22 PM

Fair enough. But Cummings isn't? He scored the 1st in the comeback at Tynie (and what a goal by the way), he scored the winner and only goal in the replay at ER, he scored the winning penalty at Hampden in the Semi against Dundee Utd (after missing a pen with a ridiculous 'panenka' attempt in normal time). He then played in the final when we won the damn thing! Including "Cummings down the line...". That's not to mention his very many other goals including winners against the Jambos and the Huns. He never claimed to be a Hibs fan FFS, but he gave his all for us and played more than a small role in arguably the most important period in our history. But he's not a Hibs legend? You're at it. As are all the others that seem to have turned against him.

eastterrace
28-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Fair enough. But Cummings isn't? He scored the 1st in the comeback at Tynie (and what a goal by the way), he scored the winner and only goal in the replay at ER, he scored the winning penalty at Hampden in the Semi against Dundee Utd (after missing a pen with a ridiculous 'panenka' attempt in normal time). He then played in the final when we won the damn thing! Including "Cummings down the line...". That's not to mention his very many other goals including winners against the Jambos and the Huns. He never claimed to be a Hibs fan FFS, but he gave his all for us and played more than a small role in arguably the most important period in our history. But he's not a Hibs legend? You're at it. As are all the others that seem to have turned against him.

Well said , agree with everything. Just can’t understand why fans have turned against him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
28-02-2018, 09:05 PM
Anyone who says they wouldn't take Jason Cummings back at Hibs just can't see past the fact that he currently plays for Sevco.

He's as daft as a brush and was foolish to leave us last summer but he's a goalscorer and if we can accept Scott Allan back at the club then we sure as hell can accept a member of the 2016 Scottish Cup winning side.

As it happens I don't think he will return as I think Cummings believes he has outgrown Hibs and will be looking for a bigger club in the summer if he's made available by Nottingham Forest.

Ryan69
28-02-2018, 09:45 PM

McLaren had a spell scoring goals for fun also...against better oposition too.

McLaren seems a hell of a better allround attacker than Cummings however.

cleanyman
28-02-2018, 09:52 PM

What have I been reading

Some of the stuff on this thread is incredible

WhileTheChief..
28-02-2018, 09:56 PM
There’s an awful of posts on here along the lines of “anyone who doesn’t think.....is deluded / can’t see past Rangers” etc etc.

It’s a pretty arrogant stand to take, “I’m right and you’re all wrong”.

I like Cummings, he was good for us and scored decent and important goals.

I don’t wamt to see him back though as I dont think he’s that good. No other reason and nothing do with him playing for Rangers. I can’t see Lennon wanting him back either.

He’ll end up at Hearts or Dundee Utd or similar.

Ryan69
28-02-2018, 10:08 PM
What have I been reading

Some of the stuff on this thread is incredible

Some people dont go and read the entire threat mate...only state what they know.

Cummings was a great player for us...but we played a system that really suited him.

Any other system he plays in....He doesnt seem that great really.

McLaren for one...is not nearly as selfish

Sproule Three
28-02-2018, 10:18 PM

Who’s this ‘better opposition ‘ that MacLaren scored for fun against.?
Surely you don’t mean defences in the A league!

poolman
01-03-2018, 12:01 AM

Yup, let's not forget the pass to the guy, can't remember his name, think he was on fire, to score the first goal :agree:

geohibby
01-03-2018, 12:24 AM

He aint great lets be honest, he missed far
more than he scored and thats the championship
i'm talking about

Steve-O
01-03-2018, 01:12 AM

Better than Alloa, Dumbarton etc? I think some A-League defences are better than that lot!

Sproule Three
01-03-2018, 02:32 AM
Better than Alloa, Dumbarton etc? I think some A-League defences are better than that lot!

He scored plenty against Sevco , Jambos and other SPL teams who have infinitely better defences than the A league teams.
The Nix would be on par with Alloa or Cowdenbeath

sauzee6_2
01-03-2018, 02:50 AM

Sorry, I can’t agree.

Do you really think that Mark Oxley, Jason Cummings, Chris Dagnall or even Niklas Gunnarsson are Hibs legends??

Sorry but 15 years from now they will have been forgotten.

Stanton, Smith, Sauzee, Gray, Turnbull, Reilly ....now they are legends

Allant1981
01-03-2018, 02:55 AM
Sorry, I can’t agree.

Do you really think that Mark Oxley, Jason Cummings, Chris Dagnall or even Niklas Gunnarsson are Hibs legends??

Stanton, Smith, Sauzee, Gray, Turnball, Reilly ....now they are legends

sorry but every single player that was in the squad in that cup final will always be remembered

sauzee6_2
01-03-2018, 03:07 AM
sorry but every single player that was in the squad in that cup final will always be remembered

We’ll see, personally I think there were a few at the right place and right time - does not make them legends in my book.

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2018, 03:23 AM
Sorry, I can’t agree.

Stevenson is well ahead of Gray imo. Cummings deserves to be there despite being a hun rat, without him there is no final

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 04:48 AM

Correct. It's incredible that view is even being challenged to be honest.

Broken Gnome
01-03-2018, 05:23 AM

The whole time we'd been waiting to win the thing, can't have thought of a minute we'd have started nit-picking the relative merits of each squad member within two years.

Johnny_Leith
01-03-2018, 05:56 AM
Stevenson is well ahead of Gray imo. Cummings deserves to be there despite being a hun rat, without him there is no final

A 'hun rat'? Really? In what way is he a hun rat? Because he wanted more first team opportunities and signed for a big club in order to get them?

I'm no rangers fan obviously but that's ridiculous to hold that against him. If a friend of yours got a bigger job offer from say any big business, that has a sordid history would you then disown them and change your mind on their character?

BoomtownHibees
01-03-2018, 06:51 AM

Stevenson should possibly be in there but ahead of the guy who captained the cup winning side and scored the winning goal?? Not for me

Ryan69
01-03-2018, 07:49 AM

A-League is about same level as Spl....so better than Championship yes.

Captain Trips
01-03-2018, 07:55 AM
The whole time we'd been waiting to win the thing, can't have thought of a minute we'd have started nit-picking the relative merits of each squad member within two years.

They deserve to be remembered however if I wish to have a go at a decision one of those players makes I can and will and do not need reminded what they did on the 21st of May 2016. JC is remember for the Final and Cup run and all his goals but I think he is a knob for joining Sevco.

Better players than Cummings have won nothing at Hibs and probably better players will play for us with no medal reward in future.

bigwheel
01-03-2018, 08:16 AM
I can never quite get my head around actual grown up adults getting annoyed about who a professional footballer signs for...it's their job and career ....if you are older than 15 - get over it...

DH1875
01-03-2018, 08:20 AM

It'll depend on how long it takes us to win it again. Every year that passes then their legendary status grows and grows. If we somehow manage to win it 2/3 times in the next 10 years then it'll diminish.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 08:30 AM
It'll depend on how long it takes us to win it again. Every year that passes then their legendary status grows and grows. If we somehow manage to win it 2/3 times in the next 10 years then it'll diminish.

Nah that won't matter in my opinion. No matter how many Scottish Cups we go on to win, they will always be the squad of players who ended the hoodoo of all hoodoos.

If we win the Scottish Cup another 20 times in my lifetime, none of them will feel anything like 2016.

matty_f
01-03-2018, 08:33 AM

:agree:

Folk have short memories.

Eyrie
01-03-2018, 08:35 AM

The Time For Heroes squad will be legendary in the same way that the Tornadoes are legends - as a group. That doesn't make each player a legend however.

Only select individuals achieve enough to reach legendary status in their own right like Smith, Reilly, Baker, Stanton, Sauzee or Latapy. I'm not sure who of the Time For Heroes squad deserves that accolade although both Stokes' performance and Gray's goal are legendary moments.

SirDavidsNapper
01-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Nah that won't matter in my opinion. No matter how many Scottish Cups we go on to win, they will always be the squad of players who ended the hoodoo of all hoodoos.

If we win the Scottish Cup another 20 times in my lifetime, none of them will feel anything like 2016.

Yip. In the same way Man United fans talk about Barcelona we'll talk about 2016. Feel so so privileged to have been there. Jason and the rest will be legends whether they go on to wear blue, maroon or whatever.

Diclonius
01-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Sorry, I can’t agree.

Cummings and Gunnarsson won the Scottish Cup. Stanton, Smith, Sauzee, Turnbull and Reilly didn't.

Like it or not, they are Hibs legends.

Sproule Three
01-03-2018, 09:48 AM
A-League is about same level as Spl....so better than Championship yes.

You’re joking - right .
I watch it every week .
Im a ST holder at Sydney FC who are miles ahead of the rest currently .
They’d compete in top half of SPL . Rest wouldn’t be near it .
Roy O’donovan is one of the best strikers here . That sums it up .
I enjoy the games though but defending is very weak . Maybe that’s why I like it .

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2018, 09:52 AM
A 'hun rat'? Really? In what way is he a hun rat? Because he wanted more first team opportunities and signed for a big club in order to get them?

I'm no rangers fan obviously but that's ridiculous to hold that against him. If a friend of yours got a bigger job offer from say any big business, that has a sordid history would you then disown them and change your mind on their character?He is a hun rat because he plays for the huns. An absolutely disgusting club.

Stevenson should possibly be in there but ahead of the guy who captained the cup winning side and scored the winning goal?? Not for me

Stevenson stands above all else in that team IMO.

WhileTheChief..
01-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Things must generally be good when we’re arguing over what constitutes legendary status!

We need a new word to describe some players from the past if we’re classing players like Oxley and Gunnarrson in that bracket. They literally played a handful of games for us.

Does that really compare to Stanton and Reilly?

Sauzee was a great player, one of the best I’ve ever seen at ER, but he’s nowhere near being a Hibs legend either.

Brandish the word about too much and it cheapens the meaning.

Ryan69
01-03-2018, 10:23 AM
You’re joking - right .
I watch it every week .
Im a ST holder at Sydney FC who are miles ahead of the rest currently .
They’d compete in top half of SPL . Rest wouldn’t be near it .
Roy O’donovan is one of the best strikers here . That sums it up .
I enjoy the games though but defending is very weak . Maybe that’s why I like it .

Bobo is a far better striker.
Berisha is pretty good too.
Theres some pretty descent players in the league.

A-League is definately a higher standard than Scottish Championship.
Melbourne City would probably end up midtable in spl also.

I watch it everyweek also...on BT Sport though. :)

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Things must generally be good when we’re arguing over what constitutes legendary status!

We need a new word to describe some players from the past if we’re classing players like Oxley and Gunnarrson in that bracket. They literally played a handful of games for us.

Does that really compare to Stanton and Reilly?

Sauzee was a great player, one of the best I’ve ever seen at ER, but he’s nowhere near being a Hibs legend either.

Brandish the word about too much and it cheapens the meaning.

This is getting silly now.

Mark Oxley played 91 times for us! :confused:

Keyser Sauzee
01-03-2018, 10:54 AM

He was only here for 2 seasons, I highly doubt he played 91 games for us.

My_Wife_Camille
01-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Why not? Equals pretty much 45 games a year. 36 league games plus a run to the Scottish Cup semi, two runs to the cup finals which included a few replays plus some two legged play offs and Petrofac cup games. Can see that adding up pretty quickly

wookie70
01-03-2018, 11:03 AM

69 league games 1 goal, 9 Scottish Cup, 9 League Cup and 4 others totaling 91 games.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2018, 11:17 AM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Oxley

Feel free to apologise any time you like.

Keyser Sauzee
01-03-2018, 11:45 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Oxley

Feel free to apologise any time you like.

👍🏼

WhileTheChief..
01-03-2018, 12:06 PM

Sorry I was thinking of Conrad Logan - forgot all about Oxley.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2018, 12:20 PM
In its whole 140 odd year history this club has won 10 ( that's ten ) major honours. What the hell are we doing arguing over what makes a player a legend?

Anything can contribute to legendary status .... from being in a cup winning team to how good a player you were to how much you were loved by the fans .. hell, it could even be argued that being a cult figure can make you a legend. Plenty of players were better than Benny Brazil or Joe Tortolano, but I remember these two a lot more than some of the better players they played alongside.

Conrad Logan played about 4 games for Hibs, but one performance and the story behind it makes him a legend ... who will ever forget him? :greengrin

Captain Trips
01-03-2018, 12:23 PM
I'm finding 2 things on this, an argument on who is or not a legend and if it's OK to have a go at a legend.

I think all the players on 2016 are legends IMO however they can still be critiqued to the same level anyone not involved in 2016 should.

ben johnson
01-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Everyone who was on the pitch that day will always be remembered down ER way.
It's a cast of thousands.

Captain Trips
01-03-2018, 01:00 PM
In its whole 140 odd year history this club has won 10 ( that's ten ) major honours. What the hell are we doing arguing over what makes a player a legend?

Anything can contribute to legendary status .... from being in a cup winning team to how good a player you were to how much you were loved by the fans .. hell, it could even be argued that being a cult figure can make you a legend. Plenty of players were better than Benny Brazil or Joe Tortolano, but I remember these two a lot more than some of the better players they played alongside.

Conrad Logan played about 4 games for Hibs, but one performance and the story behind it makes him a legend ... who will ever forget him? :greengrin

Conrad is slightly different for me not only goes down as a legend but there is a certain fairytale to his whole time at the club.

wookie70
01-03-2018, 01:04 PM

I tend to remember the journeys I made to work far less than the one I crashed. The rose tinted glasses make me look fondly back at past times too though and Super J and Benny both make me smile 30 years or so later.

snooky
01-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Definition in Oxford Dictionary:
"An extremely famous or notorious person, especially in a particular field.
‘the man was a living legend’
‘a screen legend’ "

Bottom line. It's up to the individual who they call a legend. There are no hard and fast rules to define who is and who isn't.
Ella Fitzgerald is a legend but if you're not into jazzy music then she won't be to you.
Bobby Orr is a legend but if you're not into ice hockey then he won't be to you.
The list is legendary. :greengrin

stonewaller1875
12-03-2018, 04:01 PM
No thanks